PDA

View Full Version : Where are....?

Capitan_Moroni
07-05-2002, 01:01 PM
I was reading through the visual dictionarys and I was wondering where a few of the more obscure droids were in the films? I cant seem to find them in the movies, and maybe some of you have spotted them.

1. In the Visual Dictionary for the Classic Trilogy there is a shiny black version of EV-9D9 named somthing like AV-JR6. Any ideas?

2. In the same book there is a picture of a Black R4 unit, and Black R5 unit, any ideas? (Where is R2-Q5 for that matter:confused: )

3. In the AOTC visual dictionary there is a pic on the droids page of a R4 unit and an R5 unit (I think one is purple in coler and the other Orange) any ideas?

4. Has anybody else noticed the Duro in Jabbas palace? or is it just me?

187-Maul
07-05-2002, 04:11 PM
the black EV-9D9 could be in the sandcrawler in the background as could the other droids be
if I remember correctly, yes, there is a Duro in Jabba's palace

and what about that birdcage on the first or second page of the OT visual dictionary, was that even in the movie?

Jek Porky 2002
07-05-2002, 04:38 PM
Where's the duro? I'd love to help you but can't with those other questions.

Capitan_Moroni
07-05-2002, 06:02 PM
Jek: The Duro is on the steps in the backround when Han says somthing to the affect of "That Bad huh?". You cant really see anything but his outline and his eyes, but its obvious that he's a Duro (you can also see a CZ unit and a good shot of AmanAman in this shot.)

DeadEye
07-05-2002, 08:39 PM
For the visual dictionaries ILM made things that didn't appear in the movies.

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 06:58 AM
They where probably on set but never made it into shot, also the makers of the VD could have made some models to fill up the pages.

BTW thanks for the Duro information, I'm just gonna start to watch ROTJ!

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 07:02 AM
I've just watched it and found it, god there's so much stuff in that palace that you just don't notice, there's also a Ponda Baba in that same shot.

Capitan_Moroni
07-09-2002, 01:04 PM
I was watching that Jabba scene yesterday in slow motion looking for a good shot of Wol Cabbashiite and BG-J38. I can see the tip of Wol's toung, but no BG-J38, anyone know where he/she/it is?

Jek, where is the Ponda Boba? I cant seem to find it?

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 02:30 PM
Maybe you could see all of Wol's tongue in a widescreen version.

Jek Porky 2002
07-09-2002, 05:00 PM
The Ponda Baba's in the same shot as the Duru, he's just in front of him.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-09-2002, 05:17 PM
There's a birdcage on the first few pages of the EI VD. Originally, a bird would drop dead when the gas entered the room on the Droid Control Ship, kind of like when they bring canaries (or whatever) into mines, to see if there are toxic fumes.

Rogue II
07-09-2002, 05:52 PM
Wol Cabbashiite

From Star Wars Insider Magazine:

The "alien on the cieling," Ghoel is a snail-like parasite with an incredibly long tongue. He tries to lick Threepio as the droid begins his execution edict with the line, "His High Exaltedness, the great Jabba the Hutt..."

R2-Q5 was supposed to be in the Death Star Docking Bay in ROTJ.

Capitan_Moroni
07-10-2002, 12:43 PM
O.K., I watched a few scenes of ROTJ last night in slow motion and heres what I found:

On the DS2 when Vader says the line "Dispense with the pleasantries comander" you can see a black R5 unit and either R2-Q5 or the black R4 unit (I cant decide wich yet, although I'm leaning toward R2-Q5 as he's the one in the referance photo with the probe droid and the black R5 unit).

Also, I found BG-J38! In the backround when Oola is dancing before she falls in the Rancor pit, you can see a few red panals that look like the droid security things from the cantina. If you look closely you can see BG-J38 with his back to the camera (you have to look closely as he's kind of in the shadows).

Jek: I watched that scene with the Duro in it a few times in slow motion last night, and from what I can see, thats not an aqualish but the Toadstool Terror thing. But hey, I might be wrong and it could be an aqualish.

Capitan_Moroni
07-10-2002, 11:27 PM
I found the black R4 unit. Its in the backround when Luke is scolding Han for taking his reward and running.