PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Skywalker Tatooine Attack Carded Photos!!!!!!

Darth Trymybestus
07-05-2002, 02:26 PM
Wow, check out those photos.. I gotta say, I love this figure even more now after seeing carded photos... the lightsaber looks NICE!! So... let's discuss this figure, is it better or worse than you expected??

Darth Trymybestus
07-05-2002, 02:29 PM
another...

Lobito
07-05-2002, 02:29 PM
The figure looks good, now as someone else said in another thread...lets hope this figure can stand properly.

Darth Trymybestus
07-05-2002, 02:31 PM
and another...

Darth Trymybestus
07-05-2002, 02:33 PM
and ANOTHER!

Darth Trymybestus
07-05-2002, 02:42 PM
Now, I really like Anakin Hangar Duel.. ever since I saw the "trying to do my thing" documentary on Starwars.com I wanted an Anakin figure!!!!

I think Anakin Peasant is ok, it's a good figure I really like Hangar Duel, it's a good sculpt but it's not a perfect figure.
I don't like the left arm on it and I would have liked a metal blue saber.
But this is my best figure of the saga line so far.. closely followed by Dooku, Kamino Jango, Yoda and Bespin Vader.

Ever since I saw the picture of Anakin Tatooine attack on Amazon, I was desperately looking forward to this figure.
I hoped it would have a cloak but I'm not too bothered that it doesn't because the cloak would have looked weird with that pose.
I must confess that in the other pictures, I didn't notice the brown soft goods on his "skirt" but that doesn't bother me.
I think we will get a cloaked Anakin at some point but hey, this is only the 3rd figure of Anakin in this outfit.

I don't know what to make of the jedi power kick, I'm not a fan of the gimmicks because I don't play with my figures I just display them.

All in all I am truly excited about this figure, it looks very good, it's an awesome sculpt, a nice lightsaber, a good pose for holding the lightsaber in 2 hands.
I think that this could be the best Anakin figure yet but I will still love Hangar Duel.

This figure could also be used against Dooku, I mean did you see Anakin's face when he says "no I'm taking him NOW!".

Come on JarJarBinks... what do you think of this figure, Anakin is my fave character and I really like the look of this one.
I've got all the other Episode II Anakins and as of now Hangar Duel is top but I think this figure could top it.

Darth_Maul25SW
07-05-2002, 03:09 PM
I'm excited cuz he looks like he might actually fit in his speeder.

Beast
07-05-2002, 03:12 PM
I really like the figure. I'm not a huge fan of the slashing action on the arms, but I think the kicking action is kinda cool. Atleast it doesn't hinder arm movement. Now the big question is, can he still sit with the way the legs are. Because this Anakin looks like the most likely cantidate to fit in the Speeder. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

BlahBlahBlah
07-05-2002, 03:18 PM
Is that fabric between the plastic bits on his skirt? Hey, he might be able to sit in the speeder afterall.

Lord Tenebrous
07-05-2002, 03:26 PM
Now I'm really anxious to see what Padme's action feature is. :rolleyes:

I'm not liking this one. Apart from the "Sure, I'll buy some Death Sticks" coin magnet in his hand, the gimmicks are poorly executed, and he doesn't look good except in the two handed position that we've already gotten used to.

Ah well...maybe next year.

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 03:30 PM
That magnet is worse than CC Obi-Wan's magnet. At least his was painted flesh color.

The figure's arm movement may not be get screwed up by the gimmick, but with a kicking action which appears to go sideways, it looks like one of his legs will get left out of the joys of good articulation.

BlahBlahBlah
07-05-2002, 03:33 PM
Anyone remember the Qui Gonn that came with the Theed Hangar ep. 1 playset?

It was a bad idea then, it's a bad idea now.
:mad:

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-05-2002, 03:36 PM
hey the ta anakin looks cooler then hanger duel and also i lost my hd anakin's left arm so i can buy this one and give him the green lightsaber

Beast
07-05-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
That magnet is worse than CC Obi-Wan's magnet. At least his was painted flesh color.

The figure's arm movement may not be get screwed up by the gimmick, but with a kicking action which appears to go sideways, it looks like one of his legs will get left out of the joys of good articulation.
Guys, remember this is a prototype. Hasbro when they display toys 90% of the time those are paint samples and first shots that are carded. The magnet will likely be smaller and painted over, just like all the others.

I don't think the kicking action will shop the figure's leg from being articulated. They should be able to make it so it can move as well as kick. I wouldn't panic yet. It's still a much better version IMHO then the Hanger Duel version. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 03:46 PM
True, it could go unpainted, but theres been no evidence of them ever making the magnets smaller. Remember they wanted to enhance the magnets, and that one looks to be the same size as the one in Zam's arm.

Definitely not better than the Hangar Duel version, as you can put the Hangar duel version in a somewhat neutral pose, but this Anakin...Poodoo.

Also, on the cardback it shows he kicks sideways, so that would mean is leg can't go frontwards or backwards because that would mean bending the metal rod in the leg because I'm sure theres a way to make the leg kick that's controlled with the torso.

TIE Pilot
07-05-2002, 03:58 PM
Well, I've been putting off buying HD Anakin because ~this~ was the Anakin figure I was waiting for. But now that I've seen these latest pictures, I've changed my mind.

Why?

Don't get me wrong, the figure looks great sculpt-wise. And I don't mind the action pose at all. And being able to hold his lightsaber with 2 hands is definitely a plus (ALL Jedi figs should be able to do this.. period!). But the soft-goods skirt just looks cheesy. Plus, I have a funny feeling that this "force kick" action is going to limit poseability in some way.

So, if you'll excuse me.. I'm going to go put in an order for HD Anakin.

tagmac
07-05-2002, 04:13 PM
Now all we need is a Tusken Raider with Removable head figure.

Lord Tenebrous
07-05-2002, 04:36 PM
...in bloody, magnetic, and peg variations. :rolleyes:

The upcoming Tusken w/ Massiff will probably feature a removeable head. Luckily, the head won't fit into the Massiff's mouth.

Thunderstorm1
07-05-2002, 04:56 PM
I think the Anakin TA looks very cool. The only thing that I am disappointed in is the lack of a cloak, but as someone stated earlier, I'm sure we'll see one sometime in the next year

odi-wan windu
07-05-2002, 05:24 PM
I think it's a cooler fig than hd. let's just hope it ships in 10 days like Kebco says. :rolleyes:

neimoidian85
07-05-2002, 07:04 PM
Hmmm.....it comes with the Shmi hangy thing....wouldn't that need a Shmi to go with it (not a happy TPM one either)

hango fett
07-05-2002, 07:22 PM
bad hasbro! this looks worse than i expected...they had to throw in a lame gimmick luke "with power kick!" won't be useing him for my diorama after all.....
PO'd
hango

hango fett
07-05-2002, 07:24 PM
go right ahead tie pilot! hd is pretty cool!
hango...............

CrossWizard
07-05-2002, 09:12 PM
Man this is really dissapointing, how can a figure go from looking so cool in those early Amazon pics to looking like a 3rd rate piece of crap. And LT is right, his leg will be somewhat similar to both the Arena Padme and Endor Han shoulder articulations.

2 Thumbs down way down.

Wolfwood319
07-05-2002, 09:26 PM
Anybody remember the very first Gambit (X-Men) action figure? It had that "power-kick" action, too. After about an hours worth of play, the leg wouldn't stay down anymore, and would always stick out. Remember that figure?

Anyway, this Anakin is another P.O.S figure. I thought this one might be one of the select few I do actually buy, but no.

CrossWizard
07-05-2002, 09:44 PM
You mean the Gambit with the plastic raincoat? yeah, I remember him, he looked so freaking cool on the back of the card but when I actually got him I was a bit let down being the big Gambit fan that I am.

DeadEye
07-05-2002, 10:38 PM
Hot DAMN!!!!!

But it has no arm articulation except at the shoulders!!! :(

Beast
07-05-2002, 10:49 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Hot DAMN!!!!!
But it has no arm articulation except at the shoulders!!! :(
Sorry to burst your bubble, but that is incorrect. Look again. Not only does he have cut joints at both elbows, but he also has articulation at the wrists. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-05-2002, 11:01 PM
By golly, you're right! I see you're right on the wrists, but I can't see any elbow articulation... :(

In the dim lighting of the photos, I can barely tell. :p

And how are you "bursting my bubble"? It's not like I wanted him to have no arm articulation...

Beast
07-05-2002, 11:13 PM
By golly, you're right! I see you're right on the wrists, but I can't see any elbow articulation... :( In the dim lighting of the photos, I can barely tell. :p And how are you "bursting my bubble"? It's not like I wanted him to have no arm articulation...
It's called sarcasm. I just get tired of people jumping all over figures, when all they are seeing is prototypes. Remeber how bad the Saga figures looked, before you saw them in the stores. Wait til you see the finished figure hanging on the pegs. Then if you don't like it, complain. Notice that he has a ankle joint on the left leg also. So that's atleast 12+ points of articulation. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-05-2002, 11:22 PM
Okay. Nedded robe...still cool though.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 11:28 PM
You sure do want an Anakin with robes don't you Geonosian!!!

odi-wan windu
07-05-2002, 11:31 PM
I know I do.

Geonosian
07-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Yes I do. Cmone on 4 Anakin with shinny teeh without a robe SBD88.

Beast
07-05-2002, 11:32 PM
Ok revise that total, he now has 13+ articulation points. On the right leg, where the bending joint is, you can tell that that where it connects to the top of his boot, it also is a cut joint similar to how Luke:Bespin's legs are. Depending how the kicking mechanism works, you could end up with 14 points. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Paul-Kenobi
07-06-2002, 01:11 AM
you know when i saw the Promo Photo it looksed alot cooler then this version but i'm still gona buy him Great he has a Friggin Button on his Back.

and they gave him the wrong lightsbaer! Hasbro could of made the Metal lightsaber that looks like the plastic one i was right aobut that his saber sucks like vader dosent look right.

i give this figure 8 out of 11

i gave Anakin Skywalker OLP 5 out of 11
i gave Anakin Skywalker Hanger Duel 9 out of 11
i gave Anakin Skywlaker Deluxe with silceing Geonosian 3 out of 11
i give the Deluxe Anakin with fliping action 1 out of 11.

chubbychicken
07-06-2002, 03:56 AM
will this figure be released earlier then usual?......hmm looks like a good figure i dont really care bout the kick action seeing as i will probably be keeping him carded unless i get 2 but the only thing i dont really like is the skirt haha looks funny but i dont mind he looks good

Beast
07-06-2002, 04:08 AM
Anakin Skywalker: Tatooine Attack is scheduled for a August/September release, along with Padme Amidala: Coruscant Attack. :)

84906 Anakin Skywalker, Tatooine Attack August/September
84904 Padme Amidala, Coruscant Attack August/September

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jargo
07-06-2002, 05:09 AM
This suketh pants. The accessory is all I'll be buying it for. My Tusken camp needs that Tusken papoose rig. I may use this Anakin for spare parts. I'm very disappointed in the cloth pieces. Yet another figure ruined by a gimmick. If they wanted to give him the ability to side kick they should have given him a ball joint hip. I'm capable of creating the pose myself and making him perform the action myself. What a waste of a good figure.
This goes to the botom of my want list now.

Geonosian
07-06-2002, 07:14 AM
Originally posted by Paul-Kenobi
you know when i saw the Promo Photo it looksed alot cooler then this version but i'm still gona buy him Great he has a Friggin Button on his Back.

and they gave him the wrong lightsbaer! Hasbro could of made the Metal lightsaber that looks like the plastic one i was right aobut that his saber sucks like vader dosent look right.

i give this figure 8 out of 11

i gave Anakin Skywalker OLP 5 out of 11
i gave Anakin Skywalker Hanger Duel 9 out of 11
i gave Anakin Skywlaker Deluxe with silceing Geonosian 3 out of 11
i give the Deluxe Anakin with fliping action 1 out of 11. Why so low for the deluxe Anakin. Hes not that bad.

CrossWizard
07-06-2002, 10:06 AM
I just get tired of people jumping all over figures, when all they are seeing is prototypes.

The Anakin figure is far from a prototype, hes carded and ready to go and still he looks awful.

odi-wan windu
07-06-2002, 10:19 AM
At the convention the slip says July 2002 for anakin.

Geonosian
07-06-2002, 12:25 PM
No. Not this month.

Turbowars
07-06-2002, 01:05 PM
If hasben, oh sorry Hasbro packs a Shmi meat rack, then I hope they give us a near death Shmi. They wont, I know it. They took the blood off Luke, so why would they make a dead Shmi?

Jayspawn
07-06-2002, 01:19 PM
I think it looks pretty cool. But Anakin should have a robe shouldn't he? The accessories look pretty good.

InsaneJediGirl
07-06-2002, 07:33 PM
*Sigh..*

This is the Anakin I've been waiting for,now it doesnt look so great.The figure would be much better if it didnt have that silly
"Force Kick" action,how soon is that going to break?:(

I agree Turbowars,they should have included a Near-Death Shmi.Nothing too graphic,just some touches of blood on the back
and the proper articulation to have her displayed on the accessory.

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 07:41 PM
"Mommy Mommy! I want a half-dead Shmi Skywalker!!!" :D

How much longer till we get AOTC main characters in Collection 2? That is their only safety from the gimmicks.

This Ani I think I'll put in my Arena diorama instead of getting multiple HD Anis and just give the TA Ani the extra saber from Dooku.

DeadEye
07-06-2002, 08:24 PM
I've already mentioned the possibility of a near-death Shmi, and it's doubtful because the normal POTJ one has become an uber-pegwarmer.

Geonosian
07-07-2002, 08:41 AM
Your right deadeye.

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 11:05 AM
Aren't I always? ;)

Anyway, I'll definitely be getting this figure--it'll be the first decent Anakin.

Geonosian
07-07-2002, 11:31 AM
Now we need a (plastic) robe.

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 12:46 PM
You are adamant about that robe, aren't you? :p

Geonosian
07-07-2002, 11:44 PM
Its true. We have had about 4 Anakins without. Dont you think we need one?
Am I right or am I wrong?

odi-wan windu
07-07-2002, 11:49 PM
I'd say right.

Geonosian
07-07-2002, 11:52 PM
Thank you.

chubbychicken
07-08-2002, 01:32 AM
if you guys dont like the force kick then dont take him out of the card just sit there and look at him! haha

aceguide
07-08-2002, 11:00 AM
I'm with the robe folks - Where is it??!!??!!

pthfnder89
07-08-2002, 11:13 AM
Originally posted by LTBasker
How much longer till we get AOTC main characters in Collection 2? That is their only safety from the gimmicks.

Probably never unfortunately LTBasker. Being a main character is one of the qualifications for being in Collection 1.

But on the bright side, the line is settling down pretty quickly I think, and Hasbro should be scaling back the kid-friendly shenanagins pretty pretty soon.

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 12:24 PM
I hope they make an action-posed Anakin in robes and a static Anakin in robes.

It's been 3 years and we still don't have an action-posed Obi-Wan in robes from Episode I.

pthfnder89
07-08-2002, 02:02 PM
I hope they make an action-posed Anakin in robes and a static Anakin in robes.

It's been 3 years and we still don't have an action-posed Obi-Wan in robes from Episode I.

True. But I still say Naboo Obi Wan is the best figure from Ep1. It would be even nicer if it looked like Ewan McGregor but oh well ;)

A Plastic robe Anakin could be done perfectly if Hasbro put their mind to it. I guess that means we'll never see it...:D

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 03:35 PM
I guess that means you're right.

I wish the Naboo Obi-Wan had 2-handed lightsaber grip, though...
There are now FOUR Qui-Gons with 2-handed grip (Jedi Duel, Saga, Cinema Scene, and from the Hangar Playset), but the only Obi-Wan from Episode I or II with 2-handed grip that works is the Jedi Duel version.

LTBasker
07-08-2002, 03:44 PM
I guess that means you're right.

I wish the Naboo Obi-Wan had 2-handed lightsaber grip, though...
There are now FOUR Qui-Gons with 2-handed grip (Jedi Duel, Saga, Cinema Scene, and from the Hangar Playset), but the only Obi-Wan from Episode I or II with 2-handed grip that works is the Jedi Duel version.

IIRC, both Deluxe Obi and Qui from E1 had 2-handed grips.

When they can double grip their saber it's quite nice, but if Hasbro made all Jedi/Sith able to double grip, some would most likely be stucked in that, like Nikto Jedi and Shaak Ti without any hope for articulation. :( Or they'd get screwed up by a gimmick.

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 03:51 PM
Yes!!! Thank you, there's the two deluxe figures. But those both have gimmicks, and the other 2-handed Quis and Obis didn't.

Why can't hasbro just make all the Jedi have 18 points of articulation??!! :D