PDA

View Full Version : SAGA Action Fleet Packaging Revealed

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 03:06 PM
http://systems.figures.com/gallery/album39

Theres pictures of Action Fleet stuff at the current Wizard Con.

I dunno about that packaging, definitely ugly when compared to the first Action Fleet packaging.

britcit3
07-05-2002, 03:48 PM
Hey LT

Well found!!

I actually like the packaging - can't wait to get my mits on 'em!!

Bc3

SWAFMAN
07-05-2002, 04:40 PM
I was unable to tell from these pics if there were any figures other than the one in the tattooine droid hunter battle pack. LTB, did you happen to notice anything or read anyything on the site where you found the pics?

I also like the box design.

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 05:02 PM
Actually it's SirSteve's coverage page, but there weren't any articles written about them. Only figures I can see are the ones in the Battle Packs, which is I think just the riders so far. Jawa w/ Ronto, Sandtrooper w/ Dewback, and Tusken w/ Bantha.

I don't see any figures other than R2 in the X-wing's socket with the boxed vehicles though, these better include figures. It would really suck going from 2, to 1, then 0 pack-in figures.

shinakuma43
07-05-2002, 05:02 PM
Someone in Singapore just listed the X-Wing, Falcon, and Vader's TIE on ebay. Minimum 59.90 and buy now of 60.00. 12.00 for shipping. I think you can still order a csae which contains 2 of each through actionfigureexpres.com for 60.0 plus shiping. Well, there's a pretty nice image of them on the auction anyways:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1747482526

Later,
S43

haggie
07-05-2002, 05:18 PM
LOVE the new packaging!

haggie
07-05-2002, 05:23 PM
The competition has some good photos as well if you go to the bottom of this page (http://www.rebelscum.com/wizard02.asp).

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 05:25 PM
Still can't see any figures packed with the vehicles. They could be inside them, but they don't seem to be pictured anywhere on the box though we haven't seen the bottom, and the loose and boxed X-wing pics from Wizard Con don't appear to have a pilot in them. :frus:

Jangu Fett
07-05-2002, 05:34 PM
The new package looks great but we all knew about these AF sets. Where are the AOTC AF?:frus: :frus: :frus: :frus:

Jangu Fett
07-05-2002, 05:46 PM
What the heck is Hablow thinking? NO better Question, ARE THEY THINKING???? I just got done looking at another set of photos from the show. There are NO, i repeat NO figures with the ships. The line is not going to see a second wave. HASBLOW HAS KILLED THE ACTION FLEET!!!!:mad: :mad: :mad: :frus: :frus: :frus: :mad: :mad: :mad:

SWAFMAN
07-05-2002, 05:47 PM
I hope this turns out to be a big concern over nothing, but the original packaging, and the EP1 packaging both had the name of the ship, then the words "featuring [pilot/character name]" but these just have the ship name, then "includes display stand."
That does not bode well, in my opinion.
If they dropped the pilots/figures, how long do think it will be before we see h2rcr, JediJones, DECEPTICON-ZERO, and all the other uber-scalpers auctioning loose figures for $10 - $60 apiece?
Like I said, I sure hope I'm wrong!!!

It makes it positively ironic that I've been keeping all my loose figures in a little baggie all these years...
"pssst! hey, buddy.... wanna buy a Lando?"

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 05:51 PM
And not only that, but that just means that people will lose interest in the line FAST. Especially the battle packs since they have the two speeders without drivers. :mad:

RJarvis
07-05-2002, 05:58 PM
The only figures that I haven't seen anyone comment on is in the Endor Pack (pictured on one of the card backs in one of the links above)...you can see that the speeder bikes have the standard Endor/stormie and Luke as riders...other than that, squat...it does beg the question of whether or not this was an intentional move to see the AF line choke and die (picturing Motti & Ozzel after angering DV)

sad really...

rj

SID
07-05-2002, 06:21 PM
Shame on you hasbro!!!

JediTricks
07-06-2002, 04:12 AM
I can't see figures in these. There's no mention of figures on the box. What in the wide world of sports is Hasbro thinking on this? I seriously want to know. They had to pay NOTHING to use these freakin' molds, so I don't see how it could be a cost issue. What's the point of releasing the AF Millennium Falcon that's deformed specifically to accept these little figures if they're not included?!?

Yoda Likes Golf
07-06-2002, 12:19 PM
As long as there are figures with the aotc sets i wont complain it me just be they are not releasing figures with the 3 re-hashes but they will with ep 2 stuff ,look on the bright side though they have put a few figs in the new battlepacks so its not as if they havent thrown the figures idea away

good shot jansen
07-06-2002, 04:34 PM
unless i'm mistaken, the x-wing appears to have a yellow/orange stripe down the fusalage:eek: , yet all the other photos do not show this stripe.

also the falcon appears to have lost it's missle firing mechanism, it seems to be plugged up with a piece o' plastic, thus making the freight loading area look a might bit unfinish:rolleyes:

and there definately are zero figures included with any of the ships:frus:

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 04:58 PM
This is gonna really kill the line, methinks.

They might sell a little as display pieces, but will probably bite it as toys and give low sales to the Episode II stuff.

GSJ, at the con they showed a loose and boxed X-wing, the loose X-wing appears to be the prototype while the boxed version has the stripe down the top.

rosel_sampson
07-07-2002, 08:05 AM
OMG OMG its not attack of the clones its attack of the repeats!!! come on hasblow give us something new!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:Pirate:

SWAFMAN
07-07-2002, 12:46 PM
taking the figures away and eliminating the firing missile could not have been to improve the safety hazard risk, because the new boxes have the exact same age rating as the original and EP1 AFs = ages 4+, and the EP2 battle packs have the same choking hazard warning for the rider figures.

(added later) well, on thinking about it, maybe Hasbro could argue that removing the firing missile and cutting down on the number of tiny, loose figures improves the safety for the youngest consumers. But it still bites. And the 3-3/4" figs, which Hasbro seems to be hanging their hat on, StarWars-wise, certainly come with their share of tiny accessories and projectiles, so I guess I'm back to saying that safety is not a valid argument.

what a waste of a post edit!!!! :rolleyes:

JediTricks
07-07-2002, 08:05 PM
SW.com put up a pic of the Naboo Fighter, it's another rehash with an empty cockpit. I've got Steve needling Hasbro reps about this right now.

SWAFMAN
07-07-2002, 08:43 PM
it's a longshot, but maybe, just maybe, this is a ploy to make people buy an upcoming "battle pack" full of the pilot/character figures.

yeah, yeah, I know, "and then I woke up."

good shot jansen
07-08-2002, 07:41 AM
it's kinda like the current lipton's ad campaign with the puppets.

we don't need no stinikin' tiny figures. the vehicle's sell themselves :rolleyes:

i for one would love to see a million af figures rise up and start rioting in rhode island :happy:

SWAFMAN
12-11-2004, 01:52 PM
Just trying to keep my collection list's headings and entries properly sorted...

I have the Slave 1, Republic Gunship, and Republic Assault Ship under the heading "STAR WARS - EP2". These are the packages that have the cardboard tray with a fully clear cover for the sides and top.

I have the X-Wing - Red 5, TIE Advanced x1 Battle-Damaged, Count Dooku's Solar Sailer, Rebel Snowspeeder, Naboo Starfighter N-1 Battle-Damaged, Millennium Falcon, AT-AT, and AT-TE, listed as "STAR WARS SAGA / EP2". These are the boxes with a combination of cardboard and clear windows all around.

My question to the group is: did the change to what we refer to as the "Saga" Action Fleet occur when the packaging changed from the cardboard lower tray and fully clear upper cover to the packaging that included cardboard on the sides and top?

I've seen some differences in how other collector sites refer to the ships that came out after EP1, and was wondering if there's a correct answer or if it's somewhat open to interpretation.

Thanks.

britcit3
12-11-2004, 01:58 PM
Hey SWAF

Can't answer your question, but I just looked at the post before yours.

Has ANYBODY heard from GSJ recently? This ain't right - he seems to have disappeared.

As he was a major forummer, can somebody email him to check if he is OK? (I have recently wiped my HD and don't have his email addy).

BC3

JediTricks
12-12-2004, 11:13 PM
SWAF, anything that came out in the line during the Saga error... I mean "era"... is considered "Saga", and the original packaging with the walls rather than the plastic shell is actually sporting the Hasbro Saga packaging theme with the blue color and the whispy things.

SWAFMAN
12-13-2004, 11:55 AM
SWAF, anything that came out in the line during the Saga error... I mean "era"... is considered "Saga", and the original packaging with the walls rather than the plastic shell is actually sporting the Hasbro Saga packaging theme with the blue color and the whispy things.

I'm having a senior moment. Are you saying that both packages are considered Saga, or only the one without the full clear plastic shell?

Thanks....

JediTricks
12-14-2004, 08:26 PM
Sorry gramps, didn't mean to cause you to wet yerself. ;) Both packages are "Saga", both even have the Saga graphics theme.

SWAFMAN
12-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Thanks whippersnapper. ;)