PDA

View Full Version : Yellow CloneTrooper Pilot Sneakpeek

Beast
07-05-2002, 03:21 PM
Anyone notice that we did get a look at the upcoming Yellow Clonetrooper Pilot on the back of the box for the Republic Gunship. He does have the Republic Symbol on his helmet, as well as some sort of chest box. He looks really cool, can't wait to see the actual figure. We also got a sneak-peek of the Deluxe CloneTrooper's Speeder Bike on the back of the box. :)

Yellow CloneTrooper Pilots in Cockpit (http://systems.figures.com/albums/album37/aan.sized.jpg)

Deluxe CloneTrooper's Speeder Bike (http://systems.figures.com/albums/album37/aao.sized.jpg)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 03:23 PM
Yeah I noticed that too!

Jek Porky 2002
07-05-2002, 03:24 PM
Thanks Jar Jar, they look great, the Clone Pilot looks alot like an AT-AT Pilot after close inspection!

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 03:26 PM
I was actually just about to report this. :D

The box on the figure is the same as the TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver boxes, guess they need the boxes also.

DarthBrandon
07-05-2002, 03:26 PM
Thankx for the pics JarJarBinks, those clone pilots look great and I can't wait to get them. Gunship,Pilots, and speeder bike, what a diorama that's going to be. The pilots though may be different from the actual yellow clonetroopers right ?

Unit-01
07-05-2002, 03:31 PM
Speeder bike looks to be just a freaking repaint! Well it might come with some cool stuff.

Beast
07-05-2002, 03:32 PM
Judging by the movie, there is a big difference between the Pilots and Commanders. The Yellow CloneTrooper pilots have the republic symbol on their helmets, and no fin. They also have a chest box. And they don't have yellow stripes down the front of their helmets or down their arms. Where as the Yellow Commander Clonetroopers are in the same armor as the regular CloneTroopers, just with yellow accents painted similar to on the red one. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 03:34 PM
http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=ww02/ww02-gunship_12.jpg

Theres a picture of the cannons that come with the Pilot Clones. Kinda ugly looking, I was hoping they'd be like from the movie, smaller of course but clear like the wings cannons and would be on pipes that went outwards like the ones in the movie.

BlahBlahBlah
07-05-2002, 03:41 PM
Neat. I hope we get some clearer shots of the speeder soon.

Beast
07-05-2002, 03:41 PM
It's close to what they were like in the movie, but the bubble actually enclosed the gunner. Scale wise, it would have been impossible though. And putting a lil miniture gunner inside them would have looked silly. So, while it's not totally movie accurate, I can see why they did it that way though. You can still have a gunner now if you wanted, even though it's not 100% accurate. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Thunderstorm1
07-05-2002, 03:48 PM
Pretty cool, thanks everyone for the pics and the info

187-Maul
07-05-2002, 04:23 PM
man after seeing all those cool pics I'm really considering to buy the ship although I usualy don't buy anything bigger then a speeder or pod-racer

Darth Evil
07-05-2002, 04:59 PM
I agree, I don't normally buy vehicles(partially because I can't find them), but I might make an exception in this case.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
well i will probaly buy this ship...i like the deploible army troops

Rogue II
Did anyone else notice that the Clonetrooper pilot helmet strongly resemble the AT-AT driver's helmet?

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 05:03 PM
Yeah, one thing I noticed is that the TIE Pilot and AT-AT Driver's helmets use the Stormtrooper helmet face part, and the Clone Pilot's helmet uses the Clone Trooper helmet face part.

Beast
07-05-2002, 05:24 PM
Here's a link to a picture from the movie of the CloneTrooper Pilot. Looks like Hasbro did a pretty good job getting the figure movie accurate. Can't wait for this one. BTW, thanks go out to Big Barada for originally posting the image. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=89859

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 05:42 PM
Heres a clearer pic of the Speeder Bike I was able to get by enhancing the image a little. It is indeed the same mold as the other speeder bikes. Interesting way to pack it though. If they made an AT-TE to scale (be about as big as the POTF2 AT-AT) then they should add a hold with some of these which would be cool.

hango fett
07-05-2002, 05:51 PM
yeah, rouge II i noticed that too. good pics jarjar! your the best!
hango

DeadEye
07-05-2002, 07:05 PM
The clone speeder is the POTF2 speeder with the outriggers removed. :D

LTBasker
07-05-2002, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
The clone speeder is the POTF2 speeder with the outriggers removed. :D

If you mean the front part, it's tucked under it because that's a picture of it "packed" away in the Gunship. If you look at the full picture of the back of the box you can see the speeder on the back angled wall.

bigbarada
07-05-2002, 08:24 PM
Can someone post the picture of the gunner bubbles that come with the Clone Pilot? I know someone linked to rebelscum for the pic but that site takes several minutes to load up for me.

The clone pilot looks pretty cool, I can't wait to see the actual figures. I haven't bought any Ep2 vehicles yet, but the Gunship might just be the first one.:cool:

Beast
07-05-2002, 08:28 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Can someone post the picture of the gunner bubbles that come with the Clone Pilot? I know someone linked to rebelscum for the pic but that site takes several minutes to load up for me.

The clone pilot looks pretty cool, I can't wait to see the actual figures. I haven't bought any Ep2 vehicles yet, but the Gunship might just be the first one.:cool:
Sorry about that BigB, that's why I will usually attach the images from there here. Their site is slower then mollasses for some people. So, here ya go, Big Barada. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

bigbarada
07-05-2002, 08:33 PM
Thanks, Jar Jar!:cool: The gunpods look pretty cool, not what I expected exactly; but still pretty cool.

Beast
07-05-2002, 08:40 PM
Yeah, they are pretty cool. Not movie correct, since the ship isn't 100% to scale. But good enough that it looks ok as a toy. Much better that way, then if they would have done large oversized bubbles to hold a figure. Or mini-bubbles with a small under-scale CloneTrooper inside. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Nebulaz
07-06-2002, 12:17 AM
Any chance of them making in training clone trooper. ?? mayber a half mature clone trooper?

Beast
07-06-2002, 12:22 AM
Originally posted by Nebulaz
Any chance of them making in training clone trooper. ?? mayber a half mature clone trooper?
Probably, nothing rumored on the immedate horizon. Got another 2-1/2 years before E3, so plenty of time for more Clones. As for a half mature clone, you could buy extra Boba Fett's. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-06-2002, 07:06 AM
The pilot looks GREAT!!!!
Will buy 3 of them.