PDA

View Full Version : Anakin and Watto

starwars92590
07-05-2002, 09:32 PM
Anakin Tatooine Carnage should come with a cloak and NO cloth like the Obi Wan

Did Watto grow two other wings bewteen TPM and AOTC?

SuperBattleDroid88
07-05-2002, 09:35 PM
I hope those extra wings come off!

Beast
07-05-2002, 09:39 PM
The extra sets of wings likely come off, or there is a interchangable pair. It looks like Hasbro tried to make it simulate him flapping his wings and hovering. It looks ok if he comes with a stand. But a set of regular wings, and his walking stick/cane from Episode 1 would be a nice addition. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

odi-wan windu
07-05-2002, 10:25 PM
I want to know when anakin will show up on online stores.

Geonosian
07-05-2002, 10:34 PM
Originally posted by starwars92590
Anakin Tatooine Carnage should come with a cloak and NO cloth like the Obi Wan

Did Watto grow two other wings bewteen TPM and AOTC? 1. I tottaly agree with you.
2. Its supposed to be a "flying" action.

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 07:02 AM
I completely agree about Anakins cloak, very dissapointed, but I love the idea of Watto's stand, this figure looks like it's goig to be great!

Geonosian
07-06-2002, 07:27 AM
Yeah, Hasbro stuffed up agian with Anakin...

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 08:13 AM
Also, I do wish that Hasbro would stop with the soft goods, they just look cheap and silly, they where awfull on the Obi-Wan, but at least they where on him for a reason, but Anakin doesn't need them, he's even got plastic ones in front of the fabric ones, I'd much rather see tons of force and blast effects than fabric goods, SORT IT HASBRO!

187-Maul
07-06-2002, 08:58 AM
well maybe he needs the cloth for the kicking action
and he'll maybe fit in the speeder with the cloth "skirt"

TIE Pilot
07-06-2002, 02:07 PM
Also, I do wish that Hasbro would stop with the soft goods, they just look cheap and silly

Oh I could not agree more! Soft goods "skirts" ~never~ seem to match the plastic on the upper torso.

They can kinda get away with doing this on figures that wear all black (Darth Maul) and make it look ok, but use any other color cloth and it just ends up looking cheesy.

they where awfull on the Obi-Wan, but at least they where on him for a reason, but Anakin doesn't need them

I think Anakin has them to give him more freedom to do his super force kicks... haii-yah!! ;)

JediTricks
07-07-2002, 08:29 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
The extra sets of wings likely come off, or there is a interchangable pair. It looks like Hasbro tried to make it simulate him flapping his wings and hovering. It looks ok if he comes with a stand. But a set of regular wings, and his walking stick/cane from Episode 1 would be a nice addition. Nope, no removable wings, no interchangable wings. It is supposed to simulate the flapping and the lower sets of wings will be translucsent.

Beast
07-07-2002, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Nope, no removable wings, no interchangable wings. It is supposed to simulate the flapping and the lower sets of wings will be translucsent.
Well that sucks royally. Are you 100% sure, JT? We haven't seen carded shots, so you never know. Hasbro may just not have had the info avaliable on the Watto figure yet. Oh well, If so I guess I will buy 2 of them, and then remove the extra wings with a hobby knife. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-07-2002, 10:42 PM
I think their is a button on the back that you press and the wings move...

Lord Tenebrous
07-07-2002, 10:59 PM
That would negate the need for the extra wings, Geo.

I like the new version. The TPM version's wings always seems to loosen and fall out if they were tinkered with too much.

We haven't seen carded shots, so you never know.

Then you'll go on with your Guys, remember this is a prototype. Hasbro when they display toys 90% of the time those are paint samples and first shots that are carded. rant. :rolleyes:

So, anymore, it's going to be considered observational opinion unless somebody links to their sources.

KIDD
07-07-2002, 11:58 PM
i saw watto carded at the show here in chicago on saturday the wings dont come off

Geonosian
07-08-2002, 12:35 AM
There have been no carded pics yet KIDD.

Lord Tenebrous
07-08-2002, 01:13 AM
He's probably referring to the proto in the gallery, the one with Plo Koon's insert.

Geonosian
07-08-2002, 06:45 AM
Ok, thats just a phototype.

Mandalorian30
07-08-2002, 07:48 AM
They had a carded and a loose Watto at the Wizard World Convention this past weekend in Chicago. I was there. From what I saw of the figure, his wings do not come off, and there was not an extra set in the package.

Geonosian
07-08-2002, 08:35 AM
Do you have pics?

Mandalorian30
07-08-2002, 08:43 AM
I only have a pic of him loose, i did not take a pic of him MOC, but you can see the back of the card in the background. Sorry. This page has all of my SW poics from Wizard World
http://www.angelfire.com/scifi2/mandalorian/wwsw.html

Cool thing is that Watto is on a stand.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-08-2002, 08:51 AM
cool site mandalorian

Mandalorian30
07-08-2002, 08:52 AM
Thanks! :D

JEDIpartner
07-08-2002, 03:43 PM
I hate this new Watto... the wing completely ruin the figure. Oh, well.... there's another one I won't be getting... :rolleyes:

JediTricks
07-08-2002, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Well that sucks royally. Are you 100% sure, JT? We haven't seen carded shots, so you never know. Hasbro may just not have had the info avaliable on the Watto figure yet. Oh well, If so I guess I will buy 2 of them, and then remove the extra wings with a hobby knife.Am I 100% sure? No, but I got this info from SirSteve directly and the Hasbro source is rock solid, so unless the source is fibbing (which I *highly* doubt), this is how it is - I would call that "99.9% positive". And we have carded prototype shots up online right now, though the card itself is a donor from Plo Koon, that's the proper bubble configuration I believe.

It'll take a LOT lower price than five bucks to get me to buy 2 of these. :D I think if they can get the wings to be translucent enough, it'll work out, but I still won't need 2 of this figure.

BillyJAck
07-09-2002, 06:18 AM
I wonder if you could get Obi Wan Star Pilot's cloak on him and make it look cool? Or another robe from a accessory pack?