PDA

View Full Version : New Darth Maul Question

Darth_Maul25SW
07-06-2002, 03:14 AM
First off I have to say that he looks pretty cool. Not great or anything. I'm not to sure about his pin strip suit. The metal saber is the best reason for me to buy. My question is why does it seem that whenever they make a EU Darth Maul he's always training. Didn't he do anything else in the EU other than train? Man how would you guys design a new Darth Maul?

Beast
07-06-2002, 03:19 AM
Well, Maul was young and inexperienced in E1. So he was likely doing alot of training before that. Besides, how much can you do with 1 costume in 1 movie. I don't mind the look of the new figure. Though the red piping on his costume, reminds me more of a Peacekeeper uniform from Farscape. :p

I wouldn't design another Maul. He's been done to death. There are charecters more deserving that still need to be done, before we continue making a Darth Maul clone army. My favorite, and pretty much the definative Maul, is the one from the POTJ Sith Lords 2-pack set. Just a great Maul figure. :)

Beyond that, we could use a decent holographic Darth Maul. The Wal-Mart statue one was pretty pathetic, undetailed, and totally unarticulated. One made similar to the Darth Sidious hologram, I would likely go for.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 05:47 AM
Good question!
I've got another though, on the carded figure, where it normally says the name of the film that the character is normally featured in, what does it sat, just Expanded Universe?

I've just read my own question and don't understand it myself, what I meant was, In the strip on the bubble where for example, it say's Attack Of The Clones, what does it say for Darth Maul. I think that'll do!

Mod Note: I merged the 2 threads:)
DA

Darth Evil
07-06-2002, 06:17 AM
I've always wanted a good holographic Maul, why do all the EU ones when you haven't got all the movies ones done well?

187-Maul
07-06-2002, 07:56 AM
well I understood th question the first time already K\Jek Porky, and the answer is it says The Phantom Menace

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 08:08 AM
The Phantom Menace, but it isnt from that film. Does this meen that the fans choice Stormtrooper will say A New Hope?

187-Maul
07-06-2002, 08:56 AM
I think the concept stormtrooper will be a special-packaged figure
although I hope he won't be since I'm planing to buy several of him and want to spend big bucks just for the packaging

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 09:06 AM
You mean it won't be counted as a basic figure?

Lord Tenebrous
07-06-2002, 12:41 PM
The concept trooper will most likely be A New Hope, and subtitled "McQuarrie Concept Design".

The picture on Maul's insert is doctored with red lining, since the conceptual drawing on him in this outfit has him drawn without horns. Much like the POTJ concept version's drawing had him with feathers wired into his head.

I wish Hasbro would be as excited about Padme's costumes, which actually existed in the film. :rolleyes:

Adam
07-06-2002, 03:30 PM
Problem: Darth Maul with red stripes

Solution: Black magic marker/model paint.

Problem solved. :D

KIDD
07-06-2002, 10:49 PM
the new maul is awsome i saw it in person today at the show the hasbro guy pulled it out of the case and showed him to me

Darth_Maul25SW
07-07-2002, 04:08 AM
Is the battle feature all crappy? Or is it low key?