PDA

View Full Version : whats the rarest potf figure?

maulrat22
07-06-2002, 02:37 PM
see title above

Rogue II
07-06-2002, 05:41 PM
I think it is the Freeze Frame Weequay. From what I understand, it wasn't released in the US, only the UK.
Also:
The Freeze Frame Sandtrooper.
Capt Piett with blaster rifle and BATON(instead of pistol)
Flashback R2 with lightsaber packed on the right
Multiple paint variations on the Boba Fett on both red and green cards.
Red Cards Luke with 2 3/4 in lightsaber in 3 3/4 inch tray.

jedi_uk73
07-06-2002, 07:37 PM
It depends on what you class as rare. Variations or Mass Produced.

Weequay was everywhere on a normal card, but VHTF on Freeze Frame.

Luke Skywalker was the same, but VHTF with SS/LT

From reports that I have seen in the past, Zuckuss was one of the hardest to find, but others may think different.

jdmarlow
07-06-2002, 10:19 PM
I have 8 of my rarest figures encased in Acrylic rather than the regular star case. These are:

1. SS/LT Luke Skywalker (.00) on Orange Card****
2. Darth Vader (SOTE) Pose on Green Card
3. Leia Boushh Collection 1 (.01) on Purple Card (US card)
4. Weequay FF (US Card)
5. Captain Piett "Baton" Sticker
6. R2-D2 "Imperial" Trash Compactor FF
7. Sandtrooper FF (US Card)
8. R2-D2 Leia Hologram (1st Version w/ Round Pegs)****

The two with these: **** next to them are my rarest

Nebulaz
07-11-2002, 03:11 AM
Originally posted by jdmarlow
[B]I have 8 of my rarest figures encased in Acrylic rather than the regular star case. These are:

1. SS/LT Luke Skywalker (.00) on Orange Card****

Is that POTF1 or 2?

jdmarlow
07-11-2002, 11:20 PM
I'm talking all POTF2. I wasn't born during the vintage age. I've only been around since '86. Have you not heard of the SS/LT Luke Skywalker? It was the first figure made on the POTF2 line in the original 8. But the rare version was the short saber in the long tray version. That is the one I'm talking about.

Nebulaz
07-12-2002, 05:30 AM
mmmm sorry cant help u with that one.

TheBigSloppy
07-15-2002, 12:09 PM
JD, I'd have to disagree with your number one pick. I would go with Leia Boushh Collection 1 (.01) on Purple Card as numero uno, then Luke SS/LT.

Vader really doesn't count in this list because he is an error, like grey beard Ponda Baba. Not a legitimate variation in my opinion - although both are extremely rare. Ponda Baba w/ grey beard on Coll. 3 card is one of the rarest - up there with the ridiculous Boba Fett errors.

The R2-D2 with Imperial slide is uncommon, but I wouldn't put this in the top ten. The POTF2 sale three years ago flooded the market with this variation.

Other uncommon AND some unheard of variations that I would place high on the totem pole:

AT-ST Driver: .02, squared blister
Bossk: .00, sloped blister
Bossk: .01, squared blister
Death Star Gunner: .02, sloped blister
Jawas: .02, squared blister
Tusken Raider: .00, open left hand
Tusken Raider: .01, closed left hand
Luke Jedi: .00, black vest, lightsaber with indented rings
Boba Fett: .00 Deluxe figure
Probe Droid: .00, .01 cardback

cohens4
07-16-2002, 04:14 AM
hey. i would have to disagree with you big sloppy. i think the luke ss/lt is much harder to find than the sote .01 leia boushh. i was able to find a leia, but havent even come close to finding a ss/lt luke.

the tusken raider OC with open hand and GC with closed hand is pretty hard to find, but definitely not in the other figures league.

is there really an at-st on an .02 card. i thought it was never released......

stephen

TheBigSloppy
07-17-2002, 12:09 AM
Cohens,

AT-ST, .01, was never released. For some reason it was skipped over, .00 directly to a .02 card.

Also, as far as the farmboy SS/LT - I have seen more of these sell on eBay than Leia SOTE Coll. 1. And believe me, I look religiously every week because these are the only two I do not have.

Right now, both are selling on eBay (Luke is the tri-logo SS/LT). I think I will try for the Leia. Unfortunately, the seller is overseas.

jdmarlow
07-17-2002, 08:39 PM
My figure choices were in no particular order, I forgot to mention that. However I do believe that the Luke SS/LT was the ORIGINAL POTF2 RAREST figure. Whether it still stands as such is debatable. However, my current pick for rarest figure would be R2-D2 Leia Hologram first version with round pegs. I've seen $500-$700+ on that one.

Lobito
07-17-2002, 08:52 PM
However, my current pick for rarest figure would be R2-D2 Leia Hologram first version with round pegs. I've seen $500-$700+ on that one.

Is this the same version that was at $2.00 in the TRU clearance???

I know i have the one u are talking about, but i want to know if there was a corrected version of this fig.

jdmarlow
07-18-2002, 04:10 PM
Lobito,

Chances are the figure you picked up in the clearance isle is NOT the rare version. The corrected version was the one that hit stores. The round foot pegs version that is worth $500+ was sold briefly through the fan club and overseas. Only 1000 were produced before fixing it.

Turbowars
08-05-2002, 07:54 PM
Man you guys have totaly over looked OC Ben SS-LT. I know of one person to own a real one. Valued at $1200 to $1800. Other than the rare one mentioned, I would have to say LPC German Tarkin $75-$100, LPC (long picture card) German Weequay $75, GC THX Vader $100, GC THX Ben $140 and GC THX Han $140 are very rare. Prices are what I have seen or paid. Oh and one logo Euro Jawa $65 is very rare also. These are all from the POTF2 line.