PDA

View Full Version : I found alot of..

odi-wan windu
07-06-2002, 04:41 PM
backdrop figs at my local Target. I got jango fett ke and shaak ti. are they worth anything?

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 04:49 PM
I've got Boba Fett and Tusken Raider, I didnt know they came with others, what's the idea of them, do they all come with them?

odi-wan windu
07-06-2002, 04:51 PM
no, only around the first 15 or 20 had backgrounds. I thought that they made them for a little while and switched to making it all over again with no backgrounds.

odi-wan windu
07-06-2002, 04:52 PM
i wanna open one and keep one carded. which one should I open?

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 05:46 PM
16 figures had backgrounds.

Anakin Peasant Disguise
Padme
Obi-Wan Coruscant Chase
Super Battle Droid
C-3PO
R2-D2
Jango Fett Kamino Escape
Kit Fisto
Shaak Ti
Battle Droid
Captain Typho
Plo Koon
Boba Fett
Tusken Mother
Dexter Jettster
Geonosian Warrior

Jorg Sacul also came with a background but since it wasn't release at retail....

Slacker Jedi
07-06-2002, 05:55 PM
Well, then it's 17 figures, right?

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 06:00 PM
16 Retail figures, and Jorg which doesn't really count since it was an exclusive.

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 06:16 PM
So which ones are worth opening?
Also what is on the backgrounds, On Boba it's a rainy Kamino platform and on the Tusken it's a tent.

odi-wan windu
07-06-2002, 10:02 PM
I opened Jango. I'm not opening Shaakt Ti.

hango fett
07-06-2002, 10:26 PM
i have all the backdrop variations. 1-16. no sacul. i personally would leave them sealed, but it's your choice...
hango

QLD
07-06-2002, 10:51 PM
Open them all.

Jedi Juice
07-07-2002, 03:13 AM
It really doesn't matter to me if I have the figs with or without backdrops... either way I want the figure. I have a few figs with backdrops, but not all of them. I guess if I were really picky, I'd have to get the backdrops, but oh well.

Darth Narcis
07-07-2002, 04:23 AM
I dont think the backdrop versions are worth anymore than the non-backdrops.

Jek Porky 2002
07-07-2002, 09:58 AM
Who comes with what?

jedi_uk73
07-07-2002, 10:10 AM
Most of the figures with background pics are worth keeping sealed. They are generally going for more money on the secondary market due to being a limited run.

Shakk Ti, Dexter & Battle Droid seem to be the ones commanding most money on Ebay & certain online stores.

Not absolutely sure why the Battle Droid has a high price, but Shakk Ti has not been released in the UK yet, so any version is highly priced. Dexter with Background has the 'with pipe' text, which was removed on the w/o background version, so due to being a variation, that one costs a bit more.

I have 4 with backgrounds ;

Boba Fett - Slave 1
Tusken Female - Tatooine
Battle Droid - Geonosis
Dexter - Coruscant Cantina

steve3p0
07-07-2002, 02:16 PM
i agree that the figs w/ backgrounds are harder to find.
i bought the first 14 figs all at once at toysrus on 4/23. i didn't pay attention to it, but when i got home and looked at them, i saw that all the collection 1 figs were w/o backgrounds and all collection 2 figs did have backgrounds.

if you wanna get the backgrounds, you're more likely to find them at stores that have had their figs sitting on the shelf for a while. the newest releases do not come with backgrounds.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-07-2002, 11:28 PM
I only have a few figures left to get out of the first 40 figures Hasbro has released. Out of the first 17 figures, the ones with the background, I have 15 of them. 7 of them have backgrounds and the other 8 do not. The ones with the backgrounds are Dexter, Shaak Ti, Captain Typho, Padme, Anakin Outland, R2-D2, and the Super Battle Droid. I always tried to get ones with the background, but it never killed me if I couldn't find one with one. I am sure if you count all the stores I have visited on my hunts, I have probably seen backgrounds on all of them.

My two questions about background cards are:

1) Where they all produced in equal numbers?

2) Why did Hasbro produce these backgrounds and all of a sudden stop making them? Was it a cost-cutting move or did they want to create a greater demand for these figures because of them?

DarthMushy
07-07-2002, 11:31 PM
There is a Wal-Mart near me that put all of their background figures in one section, then put up a sign explaining that they would be worth more because of their limited run.

Sounds like a scheme to move product, to me :)

thespar
07-09-2002, 01:21 PM
The part of them beeing worth more depends on who you ask when i last checked toy fare no but when in last checked lee's toy reveiw they where about $2.00 more a piece.

aceguide
07-09-2002, 01:39 PM
Throw them away when you open them - then you don't have to worry about it...

Darth forb1us
07-09-2002, 05:19 PM
I would definately keep the background'd figures sealed.
the only ones I am missing, is Dexter Jettster and Plo Koon :(
(I have them w/o the cards however)

Now, wondering that the backgrounds are limited in production.

figure x, with background, and figure x w/o background = differant product, could one say that its a variant? or "just differant packaging.. nothing to see here folks"
I bought both background, and non background - for the ones that have it.