PDA

View Full Version : what does this mean

mylow thehutt
07-06-2002, 05:42 PM
:)I found this at reblescum's Q & A,they talked about pre posed figures till this line came up,We do have some figures coming out with new versions of characters for 2003.
what does this mean,any help would be hot.:cool:

Jek Porky 2002
07-06-2002, 05:44 PM
It means what it says!

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 05:48 PM
Attack of the Resculpts. ;)

Hopefully they won't be as pre-posed.

mylow thehutt
07-06-2002, 05:56 PM
so like Kit Fisto pre posed.

Wooooof
07-07-2002, 12:41 AM
It would seem that Hasbro has a lot of work to do to gain back the trust of the loyal fans forced to sit through almost a whole year of action poses, action features and stupid gimmicks.

The toy line if suffering on the pegs, the movie is getting trounced by Spider-Man (the first Star Wars film to not be the top grossing film in it's release year :( ). It would seem that Star Wars is officially no longer the "hot" ticket. Thus it would behoove Hasbro to regroup and take a look at who their customers really are and start listening to what we want.

Unfortunately, we have to have resculpts now. There is really no other way to undo what they have done. I was hoping that 2003 could see more obscure movie characters from all five films; but it looks like most of the year will be taken up with "apology" Ep2 figure resculpts. Why can't Hasbro just do things right the first time?

Lord Tenebrous
07-07-2002, 01:07 AM
The toy line is suffering on the pegs, the movie is getting trounced by Spider-Man (the first Star Wars film to not be the top grossing film in it's release year :( ). It would seem that Star Wars is officially no longer the "hot" ticket.

First off, Lucas said that if the movie made 275 million, he'd be happy. It's a longer, darker movie - there's no way it can compare to TPM or Spider-Man. And the line isn't really suffering, there are just some poorer figures still sitting while the more popular figures are selling. The biggest problem right now, is the first wave of deluxe. But deluxe doesn't have a history of high sales.

So relax, everything is alright. Just buy what you want, and don't let your ego get in the way of enjoying yourself in this hobby.

Wooooof
07-07-2002, 01:19 AM
What does my "ego" have to do with anything?:confused:

In any case, you're right, things aren't as bad as I make them out to be. I just get frustrated with the state of affairs sometimes. Especially when every trip I make to Wal-Mart and K-Mart has turned up nothing for the last month or so.:frus:

Lord Tenebrous
07-07-2002, 01:29 AM
Originally posted by Wooooof
What does my "ego" have to do with anything?:confused:

The notion that a high gross and great toy sales will somehow make you happier. You don't have to take pride in any of this. You're just a consumer buying pieces of plastic with some sentimental value.

There is no competition....just have fun! :cool:

Wooooof
07-07-2002, 01:48 AM
Understood, but good toy sales are necessary for the line to continue.

I don't think "ego" accurately describes what you were talking about, though, maybe insecurity about the hobby would be more accurate. Self-justification that my hobby is somehow better than the others since the toyline I collect outsells all the others and the movie takes top spot in the box office. But I think I am just more worried about a percieved "failure" of Star Wars leading to retailers pulling support and subsequent cancellation of the line; but I tend to be a doom-sayer by nature so don't listen to me.:)

Forhekset
07-07-2002, 02:32 PM
mylow, I think it means that maybe I should have held off buying all those crappy action-posed Jedi like Kit Fisto and Nikto, since they're going to resculpt them anyway. Likewise for the horrible Padme Arena figure. Oh well.

hango fett
07-07-2002, 02:47 PM
time heals all wounds...but in hasbro's case....you never know how they can scerw up next..
hango

hango fett
07-07-2002, 02:48 PM
DO NOT DIS THE PADME' FIGURE! sorry....got a little carried away....just don't do it when i'm around :D
hango :D

Unit-01
07-07-2002, 06:30 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset
mylow, I think it means that maybe I should have held off buying all those crappy action-posed Jedi like Kit Fisto and Nikto, since they're going to resculpt them anyway. Likewise for the horrible Padme Arena figure. Oh well.

This is why I hold off buying figures, cause when I do buy one, a way better version comes out.

Forhekset
07-07-2002, 06:34 PM
Originally posted by Unit-01

This is why I hold off buying figures, cause when I do buy one, a way better version comes out.

Yeah...along with the various Jedi, I probably should have held out for a better Anakin (not the upcoming Tatooine Attack - that figure doesn't look so hot thus far) and Dooku as well. I just couldn't help myself when I saw all those shiny new Star Wars figures out on the pegs on 4/23....

mylow thehutt
07-07-2002, 07:40 PM
Oh so were getting new versions of Kit Fisto,Ploo Koon,and so on?

WesleySr
07-07-2002, 08:06 PM
a straight armed, straight legged version of Zam, Anakin, Obi-Wan, & Jango for their vehicles would be nice

Jason B
07-07-2002, 08:10 PM
Like it or not, believe it or not, the line is dying on the pegs, simply because of Hasbro's case assortments, and the fact that they are not selling. To get the newer waves of figures, the retailers have to buy cases packed with old figures. If the fogures were selling, this would work out great. Slowly introduce the new figures. But, they aren't selling. What happens is the retailers don't buy any figures. Why would they? Take the Besbin Chewie. Packed one per case. Why would a retailer buy a case full of figures that they have sitting on the pegs, just to get one Chewie, and some of the other newer ones. They aren't going to do it. That's why the line is dying on the pegs. :(

mylow thehutt
07-07-2002, 08:50 PM
Originally posted by mylow thehutt
Oh so were getting new versions of Kit Fisto,Ploo Koon,and so on?

so we are?

Forhekset
07-07-2002, 09:14 PM
mylow, I don't know if we're getting resculpts of the characters I mentioned. But with my luck, Hasbro will decide to resculpt all of the figures I already bought in nice, neutral poses with no gimmicks. :)

I've really gotta learn some restraint and quit buying stuff just because it's there. Still, there's probably a better chance that they'll make another version of Padme Arena (in fact, I'm nearly 100% sure they'll redo this figure) than there is of them redoing a relatively minor character like Kit Fisto, Plo Koon, etc. Those characters with lesser roles could see resculpts, but maybe not, which is why I bought the versions that are out there right now. Why I didn't wait for a better version of Padme is beyond me.

tagmac
07-07-2002, 09:39 PM
That's why the last few green carded assortments were so easy to find. Each new case had 3-4 each of new figs only. For a year, there were no complaints. Considering how, up until then, new figs were always hard to find since they were almost always coming in cases with older figures, you'd think Hasbro would have learned.

Exhaust Port
07-07-2002, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Jason B
Like it or not, believe it or not, the line is dying on the pegs, simply because of Hasbro's case assortments, and the fact that they are not selling

How can it be that a company that's been in this industry for so long has such a difficult time understanding how to provide toys to it's consumers. They in no way benefit from short packing to the extent that they do. Sure if a figure is expected to be a poor seller you might limit their numbers but Hasbro has picked some mighty popular characters to limit. In addition the SW line is one of the most collector driven lines out there, why would you limit figures knowing that by doing so you are only reducing the number you end up selling? I'm pretty sure that Hasbro and stores would be much more successful at moving the product if each figure was packed in realtively even numbers. Sure maybe Jango will sell more than others but don't limit the Yoda's and Dooku's to 1 out of every 12 just to end up littering the pegs with Jango leftovers.

Sorry, I know I'm preaching to the choir. I'll get off the soap box now. <steps down while muttering to himself>

Jason B
07-08-2002, 12:24 AM
That's what I'm saying. :)

rynobot
07-08-2002, 12:36 AM
I never did understand why Hasbo didn't give retailers the option to buy a case of each figure.

Exhaust Port
07-08-2002, 02:48 AM
It's just the Man trying to keep us down. ;)

thespar
07-09-2002, 11:30 PM
it seems that the sw line is the only line that they have not firgured it out yet. You d not see to many GI joes just hang around or to many transfomers just seating there. Maybe that because the make more for the sw line who knows.

Master Goeweins
07-10-2002, 10:31 AM
The company preys upon the collectors that must have the toys. I bought every single figure at midnight on April 23. Why? Because they were there and the movie was not. I wasn't about to pass up the only Padme, no matter if her knuckles drag the ground. Only now can I judge the figure that stands before me. That's why I am passing on the ridiculous Deluxe Anakin. His face is just turgid! It's ridiculously laughable. It's like a deranged muppet. But, had they put it out at midnight on April 23.... who knows.