PDA

View Full Version : deluxe Yoda and C-3PO pictures!

187-Maul
07-06-2002, 05:33 PM
check out the main page for the pics
I am really disappointed that the yoda (at least looks like he) can't hold the saber in two hands, again!
but he still looks better then the first version and the SBD is cool so I'll buy them
and the 3PO, well I don't know why they didn't include the cream-coloured BD instead of the red one, since he's not red in the movie in that scene, but it's funny to have the arms and legs switching-feature too, adds a lot more playability to the figs:D

187-Maul
07-06-2002, 05:37 PM
ah what the heck, here are the pics:)
yoda carded front:

187-Maul
07-06-2002, 05:38 PM
yoda carded back:

187-Maul
07-06-2002, 05:39 PM
C-3PO carded front:

187-Maul
07-06-2002, 05:41 PM
and C-3PO carded back:

oh and BTW, how can post several pics in one single reply (or is it even possible)? this could be usefull sometimes

Beast
07-06-2002, 05:43 PM
There is a similar version to this forum software that I have seen that allows that, but I think Sir Steve is using a different company's software. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Yar Cydoh
07-06-2002, 06:52 PM
What I don't get:
On the back of Yoda Deluxe:
Collect these OTHER deluxe figures!
and Yoda is listed.

Jargo
07-06-2002, 06:53 PM
Yoda is poopy. The Super battle droid is made of cheaper than cheap plastic this time round and his red dot is in the wrong place. The plastic base seems hastily done and thrown together and I hate this so much. I wanted it for the super battle droid but I'm dropping this off my list of priorities. Nasty package..

C-3PO looks to be made from equally cheap plastic and although I approve of the sculpt I hate how it's been produced. Another case of the painted hardcopy being near perfect and the end result being stinky pants. The battle droid is so-so. The base is fine if you want a useless chunk of plastic to display your figures badly on. Very disappointing final product.
I shall buy the C-3PO set just to customise the 3PO. Nice sculpt but needs repainting to hide the crappy cheap plastic.

Actually I'll probably buy and repaint the Super battle droid too at some point. Yoda is just not worth talking about - A hidious reworking of a not so good figure. I would feel shame faced about calling either of these sets deluxe if I were Hasbro. Shoddy shoddy shoddy. And this is being charitable. There are one or two redeeming points about both these sets but not enough to make either deluxe in any way other than in the wishful thinking minds of hasbro marketing professionals. They should be put up against the nearest available wall and shot. YOU'RE LYING TO US HASBRO!

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-06-2002, 06:55 PM
i cant wait for these figures to come out...

LTBasker
07-06-2002, 06:56 PM
Yeah, noticed they used the grey pasty paint for his main body just like on the E2 3PO basic fig. Why is it so hard to use correct paints? :frus:

Overall though I think the set is pretty good, except for the magnet pieces that'll be in their heads to attach to the end of the crane. I hope to get multiple sets for a bigger droid conveyor belt plus the 3PO is good for making a junk pile or something of droid parts for Watto's junkyard.

DeadEye
07-06-2002, 07:23 PM
I'll get the deluxe Yoda just for the proper Super Battle Droid, and I'll get C3PO for the first decent battle droid in the AOTC line.

hango fett
07-06-2002, 08:48 PM
these are definatly going to be mine once i see them...by means of e-bay, in stores, or on kebco...i will have them out of the pack!!!
hango!!!!

Jedi Juice
07-07-2002, 02:11 AM
I definately want that Yoda! If I only buy one deluxe fig this year, it'll be the Yoda.

Forhekset
07-07-2002, 12:32 PM
Hey Jargo, how do you really feel about these sets? Your post was a bit subtle - are you saying that you do like these figures, or that you don't like them? :D

Anyway, I think the Yoda is a piece of crap, same as I did some weeks ago when some pics first showed up on the net. He's no better than the basic Yoda, and in fact he's arguably worse. If he could hold his sabre in both hands, the set might be worth getting, but as it is I'll be leaving this one on the pegs with the rest of the craparific deluxe figures (aside from the Nexu - the Nexu is cool). I didn't care about the Super Battle Droids in the movie, and I still don't care about them now, so packing in one of those things isn't any kind of incentive for me to buy the Yoda set. The C-3PO is ok. The base looks sort of cheap, just like the base that comes with Yoda, but the idea that you can mix and match the droid parts is cool and the figures themselves don't look too bad. If the deluxe figures weren't on sale I probably wouldn't be interested, but since they are (and hopefully will be by the time these come out) I'll pick up a 3PO, I think.

OriginalBryGuy
07-09-2002, 10:15 AM
Why the hell is the battledroid Red? I don't recall him being red in the movie was he?

JEDIpartner
07-09-2002, 10:21 AM
The droid was red... well, redd-ISH. I just saw the film again last week and they are definitely reddish on the line.

brentfett
07-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Why are people so excited about the Deluxe Yoda? Big deal. The C3-PO looks WAY better! Finally a real version of this figure in stead of 'ol Fat Pants 3-P0, the most disappointing of the Saga line IMO.