PDA

View Full Version : Dear Hasbro, Some more droids!

MikeAndTheBots
07-06-2002, 10:25 PM
Dear Hasbro,

We all love droids. Collectors, kids who buy your toys, even people who just see the movies all love droids. As a kid I remember always wanting to have a droid and I always got the droid figures. Now, since everyone loves droids you should put out a couple two packs or somehting of generic droids. They could be deluxe figures or even basic figures since the bubbles are bigger and droids are kind of small. Maybe even three three packs of figures, 1 set of astromech droids, one set of bipedal droids, and one set of other droids. Collectors could use some more droids and as I said, most kids dig the robots.
Now, for astromechs you could use R1-G4, R2-A5, R2-D1, R2-G2, R5-A2, R5-A7, R5-X2, and or a resculpt of good ol R5-D4.
For bipedal droids you could make U-3PO, TC-6, TC-8, RA-7, R-3PO, E-3PO, CZ-3, or a resculpt of the "gonk" Power Droid.
Finally for "other" you could do WED-9-M1, WED15-1662, 2X-7KPR, LIN-V8M or LIN-V8K.

Thank you.

TIE Pilot
07-06-2002, 10:30 PM
Yes! Yes! Yes!

There are still SO many cool droids that haven't been made yet. I'll even buy a figure that I don't really want so long as it comes with a droid as a pack-in.

Wooooof
07-07-2002, 12:12 AM
I'm all for that idea, even though it would mean simply repainting figures we have already gotten in many cases. It would save me the trouble of repainting them myself.:)

Rogue II
07-07-2002, 07:05 AM
The various R2 units and protocol droids should be easy. They did all those repaints on battle droids.

These would be great.

Eternal Padawan
07-07-2002, 10:38 AM
My goodness! Droids! Hasbro, make more droids! Especially a big blue "bantha" droid.

But more importantly, what we need around here is more DROIDS! threads. :rolleyes:

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-07-2002, 02:33 PM
If Hasbro can pack a Geonosian Warrior with a Massif, they can sure pack an astromech droid with a protocol droid.

Jargo
07-07-2002, 06:20 PM
In the episode one visual dictionary there's a yellow wheeled droid that's pretty cool.

Plus the welding droid from Watto's junkyard that would make a cool small pack in as it's a similar size to Watto.

then there's the glazier droids that fix the window of Padme's apartment, they'd be cool small pack in type accessories somewhere.

there's the Imperial mouse droid deserving of a new scale version

and the deck scrubber droid from the Theed hangar. Which has only been donein the episode one accessory packs and was four times the size it should be. needs a proper version doing

There's obviously a 2-pack of C-3PO and R2-D2 that still hasn't been done

BG-J38 the gambling droid from jabba's palace which uses the same body of 8-D8 with a different head. Really simple to do.

There's the tiny rolo-droids from Mos Espa

PK droids of the Trade federation

A probe droid resculpt with articulated arms and minus the stupid firing orange missile thing

There's AV-6R7 the black imperial droid supervisor that is either not in the final cut of ROTJ or barely noticeable in the hangar scenes. It's the body of EV-9D9 with a new head and can be found at the back of the first STAR WARS visual dictionary.

I'd like to see the excellent Imperial patrol droid repacked with a sandtrooper variant. The imperial patrol droid is a cool little accessory that deseves a better attachment mechanism or a stand.

The mechno chair used by Nute Gunray in TPM is technically a droid so I'd like to add that to the list with a new sitting Nute figure

A concept battle droid with jet backpack as seen in the art of TPM book. The battle droid is folded up holding his legs like theey are in the battle droid racks and the backpack has rocket booster type jets in the bottom corners. This could double as the droid from the droid racks but also have the flame effect attachments so it can be used as a flying battle droid.

Power droids come in white too. And some have attachments on top. reworking the power droid to reflect this would be cool.

The podrace camera droid would be a cool pack in for a new podracer like Ben Quadinaros

The rickshaw droid Ric-920 has got to be made. It's so cool.

Similarly the waitress droid from Dex's diner

the cook droid from the refugee freighter. Too cool for words.

The remote sensor seeker ball droids that Jedi use for saber training. Not an elaborate droid but still in need of making.

Dwarf spider droid from the geonosis battle

Hailfire droid from the Geonosis battle.

R1-G4 the reactor drone

Watto's R1 droid.

R5-D4, R5-X2 Jabba's betting droid, black imperial R5, Mauve Coruscant R5, millions of different R5 droids but especially R5-D4

Plus all the ANH Tatooine droids:
M-HYD,
LIN-V8K,
WED-15,
2X-3KPR,
CZ-1,
RA-7,
Bantha.

There's millions of astro droids and all the protocol droids mentioned above.

To cut to the chase - we want the droids Hasbro. All of them. :)

JediTricks
07-07-2002, 07:51 PM
More droids!!!!!!!!!

Exhaust Port
07-07-2002, 10:28 PM
Yes, yes, yes! Give us a fleet of droids.

Battle Droid
07-07-2002, 11:22 PM
Pilot Battle Droid

The Droid that the sandcrawler crane is lifting up in AOTC.

LTBasker
07-08-2002, 02:38 AM
I entirely agree. :D More droids, less resculpts! (Cause you're lousing alot of those up quite badly.)

droidekas2
07-08-2002, 02:10 PM
R1-G4 would be so great.
He is my most wanted droid.
He's huge!!

JediTricks
07-08-2002, 08:49 PM
And good gimmicks! Droids with good gimmicks are 10 times better than humans with cruddy gimmicks!

DarthBrandon
07-08-2002, 09:00 PM
Make Droid three packs, that have sounds like the new R2. Imperial, Rebel or generic would be fine, but I think instead of releasing these one buy one, they need to be in packs of three. Similar to the Cinema scenes, they could be called S.W. Droid Factory or just a different name. all together.

morecow299
07-14-2002, 01:43 AM
a three pack would be great because droids can go anywhere and you can never get enogh

Master Goeweins
07-14-2002, 10:59 PM
yes, please!