PDA

View Full Version : So many "Part 2's" in 2002!



Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-07-2002, 12:51 AM
Let's see, we've got

Star Wars Episode 2
Men in Black 2
Stuart Little 2
Blade 2
Lord of the Rings 2
Harry Potter 2
Spy Kids 2

Any others?

Jedi Juice
07-07-2002, 02:28 AM
Does Austin Powers 3 count?

JediTricks
07-07-2002, 07:10 PM
Yeah, 'cause it's gonna be #2! :D The trailers for this film look awful IMO.

Sequels have been the life-blood of Hollywood for 30 years now thanks in large part to franchise-eyed studios like Warner Brothers; real shame too because most sequels give moviemaking a bad name - "Under Seige 2", "Speed 2", all of the Batman sequels, Lethal Weapons 3 and 4... they're all sadly-perfect examples of sequelitis (and I just noticed, my examples all Warner Bros!).

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 09:23 PM
One of the dumbest sequels/sequel names ever is Mercenary 2: Thick and Thin. :rolleyes:

pthfnder89
07-08-2002, 10:41 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
One of the dumbest sequels/sequel names ever is Mercenary 2: Thick and Thin. :rolleyes:
That's pretty bad.

But my personal least favorite sequel name is I STILL Know What You Did Last Summer. :rolleyes: Gee, how creative.

Oh well, what else can you expext from a movie starring Brandy.:D

Beast
07-08-2002, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
That's pretty bad.
But my personal least favorite sequel name is I STILL Know What You Did Last Summer. :rolleyes: Gee, how creative.
Oh well, what else can you expext from a movie starring Brandy.:D
Especially since the title of the movie should really be... "I Still know what you did two summers ago." Since it was another year after the original film. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
07-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Especially since the title of the movie should really be... "I Still know what you did two summers ago." Since it was another year after the original film. :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Heehee. Theysa can't count..:)

Eternal Padawan
07-08-2002, 03:31 PM
They were planning to make another "I know...Summer" sequel, but I think the execs found out and everyone involved was taken out behind the studio and shot.

I hope WB didn't get the rights to the Transformers flick.

And you forgot WB killing the Superman line, JT. And the Terminator franchise.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-08-2002, 07:01 PM
If we do put into account other pre/sequal movies then we've got:

Scorpion King
Austin Powers 3
Pokemon 4
Halloween Resurrection
007 Die Another Day

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 07:13 PM
A good spoof was USA's "Shriek if you still know what I did last Friday the 13th." :D

JediTricks
07-08-2002, 07:47 PM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
And you forgot WB killing the Superman line, JT. And the Terminator franchise. I forgot about Supes, that's a very good point. But I didn't even know WB was the studio doing T3... and T4 (the producers of T3 have the rights and desire to do 2 sequels).

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan


And you forgot WB killing the Superman line, JT. And the Terminator franchise.

How did they kill the Terminator franchise ET?

JediTricks
07-09-2002, 11:56 PM
Yeah, phone home and tell us! :D

BTW, I was wrong about Speed 2, it was Fox not WB. (That don't mean it didn't suck or that WB isn't guilty of sequelitis though. If "Wild Wild West" had done better business overseas, I bet WB would be making a sequel for it right now.)