PDA

View Full Version : Sorry I just came back from the movies...

DarthSetnom
07-07-2002, 04:18 AM
AOTC has been out for a LONG while now here in Mexico but i hadn't had the chance to see it until tonight...

So basically Yoda agrees that the Jedi have somewhat lost their ability to use the Force, and that they're all cocky guys in robes carying lethal weapons, he knows that they are no longer the almost-invincible knights nobody wanted to mess with and yet he refuses to tell the Senate they need help because more enemies might rise?? He IS blind, just like he said.

I liked HC as Anakin. Some of the Romantic scenes do seem a little bit stiff but hey, this is not Romeo & Juliet. It's Star Wars, and the love stuff is just a part of it.

I sort of expected the whole Jango-Mace fight to last more than a few seconds... And thank The Maker for quieting down Jar Jar!

One more thing... so what happened to 3-po's reflexes in OT? I mean the guy managed to grab a hold of a moving platform while falling down after R2 pushed him, and yet he can't do a thing when he falls off Jabba's sail barge???

Jek Porky 2002
07-07-2002, 10:31 AM
I dont think Yoda wanted to tell the public about the Jedi's problems, one thing because it would cause panic and another, enemies would exploit the fact.

And Hayden was great, he's a great emotion acter.

187-Maul
07-07-2002, 10:37 AM
yeah I too found it too unrealistic when 3PO could suddenly move almost like a normal guy and coud grab on to stuff etc.

Jek Porky 2002
07-07-2002, 01:36 PM
That bit where he's lying on the floor in the factory, it looks like his back bends as if he's got a spine.

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 01:51 PM
I agree. I didn't like the CG 3PO.

jjreason
07-07-2002, 03:48 PM
An awful lot of ILM patting themselves on the back, that's the only explanation for the long CG3PO/battle droid sequence. For a really long movie, that was a little over the top. That being said, the lines he was spouting were pretty comical.
There have been a lot of long sequences in the prequels, drawn out to showcase the effects. I don't really have a problem with it, as long as it doesn't detract from the story. In my opinion the podrace, naboo battle, and 3PO here don't detract at all. In multiple viewings, and especially when we get the DVD home in the fall, I find myself daydreaming (or fast forwarding!) through these times.
The CG effects have been really neat to watch, but SW has yet to seamlessly integrate them the way Lord of the Rings did last Christmas. Let's hope epIII is the best yet!

DarthSetnom
07-07-2002, 07:58 PM
I'm sure they will fix all of the flaws... which were pretty noticeable. Some of the Jedi looked like they were taken from EA's Fifa 2002 and pasted with a Jedi robe into the movie.

And why did GL have to use CG clonetroopers? was it too complicated to give a random guy a suit for the close-ups?