PDA

View Full Version : Is it just me or there is a pattern here???

DarthSetnom
07-07-2002, 03:34 AM
In ANH (the original movie) we find this guy who is learning the ways of the Force from an older Jedi, who is killed by an evil dark lord... Hot shot gets on a ship and despite not being considered the top gun he does blow up the Death Star.

In TPM (first one of the new trilogy) we find againa young learner whose mentor gets killed by an evil Dark Lord, and a little kid is the responsible for the victory against the Trade Federation, an exploit no one would have expected him to accomplish.

In ESB we finally know for sure that Leia and Han will end up together. Young Skywalker fights another Sith Lord and even though he appears to be putting up a good fight, he ends up losing his hand. There's the proposal (join me) and the turn down (i'll never join you). Things end up bad for the good guys.

AOTC shows the beginning of the romance between Anakin and Padme. Young Skywalker fights another Sith Lord and even though he appears to be putting up a good fight, he ends up losing his hand. Again. There's the proposal (join me) and the turn down (i'll never join you). Again. Oh and once again things just don't seem to end that well for the good guys.

So what elements from ROTJ will we be seeing in EpIII???

PS I didn't know where to place this thread, sorry if it's the wrong forum.

Jek Porky 2002
07-07-2002, 09:05 AM
Lucas has said that each chapter of the two trilogys are ment to rhyme in parts.

Jek Porky 2002
07-07-2002, 12:42 PM
I forgot to mention in my last thread that they rhyme but in an opposite way, if you know what I meen, like Luke waits to be taken into the war and follow his destiny, whereas Anakin rushes off and chases his destiny rather than waiting for it to find him, like Luke did. I think that in Episode III we'll see Anakin defeating a Sith Lord, but in stead of staying good and resisting the dark side, he takes Dooku's place as Palpatines apprentice, hope that helps!

LTBasker
07-07-2002, 02:09 PM
Only time a Sith is killed in the SW Saga with a lightsaber is when the Jedi that kills them loses their blue lightsaber and kills the Sith with a green lightsaber. :D

TIE Pilot
07-07-2002, 02:33 PM
Only time a Sith is killed in the SW Saga with a lightsaber is when the Jedi that kills them loses their blue lightsaber and kills the Sith with a green lightsaber.

Makes you wonder why some Jedi even bother using a blue bladed saber in the first place :)

Beast
07-07-2002, 02:43 PM
Lucas himself confirmed the use of repeating themes in the Audio Commentary on the DVD of The Phantom Menace. :)

Quote:
Lucas: "What's kind of a theme and it re-occurs in Episode IV is that I purposefully develop themes and ideas and repeat them. It's very very clear in the two trilogy's that I'm putting the charecters in pretty much the in the same situations. Sometimes even using the same dialouge. So that the father and the son go thru pretty much the same experience. Obviously, Anakin takes a different road then his son takes, so that at some of these turning points, they go the other way. But it's been set up for you to almost expect that they will go...ya know, that Luke will follow in his father's footsteps because in alot of these Episodes they do follow each other. Which leads to a subtle influence which gives the audience a little expectation."

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthSetnom
07-07-2002, 08:17 PM
MMM... You're right... This just came to my mind...

Just like Luke had the chance to destroy Vader, Anakin (i insist, he will become Darth Vader way before he begins wearing the suit) will have the golden opportunity to join the Emperor... unlike his son, he will take out the old man, compassion be damned, thus completing his mutation and fully embracing the dark side of the Force.

And Obi Wan might see his old master as a ghost... he'll tell him Anakin must be destroyed because he is now twisted and evil... Obi-Wan goes "i can't he is my apprentice and so powerful" so QG tells him something like "oh well then i guess it's over, there's nothing we can do the emperor has won"...

DarthBatman
07-07-2002, 09:57 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker
Only time a Sith is killed in the SW Saga with a lightsaber is when the Jedi that kills them loses their blue lightsaber and kills the Sith with a green lightsaber. :D

I'd never noticed that before... But that's a neat observation!

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 08:24 AM
With the exception of Qui-Gon, people with blue sabers always lose and with green sabers always win. I wonder if Lucas intended that for some reason...it could be a big coincidence!!! After all, there is the exception of Qui-Gon.

LTBasker
07-08-2002, 10:20 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
With the exception of Qui-Gon, people with blue sabers always lose and with green sabers always win. I wonder if Lucas intended that for some reason...it could be a big coincidence!!! After all, there is the exception of Qui-Gon.

With exception of Anakin also. He lost a blue lightsaber, got a green and got his arm lopped off. ;)

anarky
07-08-2002, 02:25 PM
i foresee the line "now, young skywalker, destroy count dooku and take his place at my side!"

MFH
07-08-2002, 11:11 PM

With exception of Anakin also. He lost a blue lightsaber, got a green and got his arm lopped off. ;)

Actually, Anakin had both a blue and a green. And Count Dooku still whooped him.

DarthSetnom
07-09-2002, 02:03 AM
Yeap anarky that's pretty much what i had in mind.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 09:55 AM
Anakin's green one was destroyed, then he had just the blue. THEN he lost his arm. :)

Darkross
07-09-2002, 11:05 AM

That's True! Maybe only a Jedi who weilded a blue lightsaber and then loses it...replacing it with a green one can kill a Sith Lord?

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 01:32 PM
Well, I guess only a green lightsaber can defeat a Sith Lord! :D

DarthSetnom
07-11-2002, 12:09 AM
in the right hands that is... it's pretty evident Qui Gon was not THAT skilled.

DeadEye
07-11-2002, 08:17 AM
Qui-Gon was plenty skilled--Maul just tricked him.