PDA

View Full Version : Saga Cinema Scenes??

Uriarte69
07-07-2002, 09:51 AM
I was wondering if anyone at the the toy fair in Chicago happened to ask Hasbro if there are any plans for more Cinema Scenes??

Jek Porky 2002
07-07-2002, 12:31 PM
I dont think that Hasbro will be making any more Cinema Scenes 3-packs but, they are doing things like the cantina and nightclub scenes!

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 12:48 PM
I didn't know they were making Nightclub scenes!!! :eek:

Uriarte69
07-07-2002, 05:32 PM
What would they be like?? A Cinema Scene with more than 3 figures?

Beast
07-07-2002, 05:50 PM
The nightclub packs if they still happen, are supposed to be 2 sets of 2 figures. They were supposed to be exclusive to Wal-Mart this year, but so far no more news about them. No news on what 4 charecters from the Nightclub would be included either, but there is about 4 really likely charecters in that scene. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

jdmarlow
07-07-2002, 08:11 PM
I wish they would just bring back the Cinema Scene line. It's what got me into collecting in the first place back in 1995.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-07-2002, 10:13 PM
I too want to see the return of the Cinema Scenes line. I first started off as a Micro Machine/Action Fleet collector. I skipped the POTF2 line when it first premiered. It wasn't until 1999 when I first bought an Action Figure from Kenner/Hasbro and it was a Cantina Aliens Cinema Scene. Not the best of the bunch but it certainly left me wanting more.

LTBasker
07-08-2002, 02:41 AM
Here's one Cinema Scene idea I had that I posted awhile back in the Dear Hasbro section:

Originally posted by LTBasker
This would be the PERFECT Cinema Scene:
Coruscant Ground Chase.

It would have another Anakin, Obi-Wan and Zam but the figures would be articulated enough to be able make a good cinema scene and they'd also have the required articulated to be able to fit themselves PERFECTLY into the speeders AND hold the steering controls! Considering throughout the whole air chase that all 3 of them pilot at one point, this would be very good. It would also most likely increase sales of the speeders.

Another cool thing you could do with the Cinema scene is make it kind of like a playset also, the main background piece would be the big enterance to the nightclub which would come with another background piece to go behind the enterence cut-out that would look like the inside so thered be a place for Zam to really go into. :)

This would be the articulation needed for the figures:
Anakin & Obi:
Neck, Waist, Legs, Knees, Arms (no v-angling), 2 different articulation points for the elbow, the normal articulation and swivel joints, and swivel joints in the wrists.
Zam:
Neck, Legs, Knees, Ankles (or at her boots, like the Bounty Hunter Zam), Ball joints for her arm (like the Bounty Hunter Zam's left arm), and Elbows (regular non-swivel).

Anakin and Obi would need cloth tunics and Zam would need a cloth "cape" instead of them being made of plastic.

This wouldn't be a very hard thing to do, Hasbro, and even though they're resculpts, they're very very useful resculpts that collectors and kids would like considering they would be pretty poseable and no more having to fight a figure to get it into one of the speeders.

No gimmicks either please! That would just limit the figures.

Really wish something like that would be made, it'd be a good pack IMO even if you didn't have the speeders.

mrmiller
07-08-2002, 09:51 AM
I wish they would bring back the Cinima scenes. I really like them, and it's a way to get a figure that might not be made otherwise- like uncle Owen, Han Trooper(other than mail-away), B-wing Pilot, or even the huge guy in Wattos Box (Ktozol or something crazy like that). They could do a Jedi Arena scene with some more Jedi's, a Lar's Household scene, or many others. I generally don't like ones that have all re-do's of previous figures (sorry LT). I wish they would bring them back, and at a fair price.

=MATT=

pthfnder89
07-08-2002, 10:27 AM
I'd love a Jedi Arena scene myself. Only with three Jsi figures and no horrific Battle Droids mucking it up.;)

LTB - the problem with all the previous Cinema Scenes is that they never had great articulation. All standard. It really hurt a several of them IMO because they were already posed in odd stances.

brentfett
07-08-2002, 04:23 PM
What about a cinema scene with Anakin, Padme, and Obi tied to the columns of the geonosian arena? Articulate them so they can be shackled as well as fight, like they should have been in the first place!

SuperBattleDroid88
07-08-2002, 05:33 PM
That would be a pretty good idea!!!!! :)

Uriarte69
07-08-2002, 06:30 PM
Love that idea brentfett, howabout yoda training luke on Dagabah with R2D2, or even Yoda's death seen.

evenflow
07-08-2002, 07:28 PM
I always liked the cinema scenes. I hope they do them again with neverbefore made figures.

jdmarlow
07-08-2002, 08:37 PM
I always found the EP1 cinema scenes to be a bummer because they were on Tatooine. The more interesting locations (Couruscant, Kamino, Naboo, etc.) were never used. I love the ideas you guys are putting up for cinema scenes. Hasbro ought to take the hint!!

DarthBrandon
07-08-2002, 08:37 PM
Cinema scenes I would like to see :

ANH: Captain Antilles being choked by Vader with a droid in the pack as well. Vader figure would be similar to Dag Vader with choking pose, kness and arms that can bend on both figures, and the droids front light would light up as well.

ESB: Han Solo being tortured by Vader with a Stormtrooper in there as well. Good art, Bendable knees and arms.

ROTJ: The Emperor with two Imperial Dignitary's at his side with a pic of the shuttle in the background.

TPM : 4 sets of three Jedi Council Chamber's with chairs and figures. All figures can bend their knees and arms while the bottom half of their robes are soft goods.

ATOC: CloneTrooper clone facility, comes with three Clonetroopers with removable helmets and they all have the same face. One blue, one green, and one white, with two clone pods as well.

The other Cinema's scenes I would like to see are more pilots, Technicians (Imperial or Rebel ), Droids, Imperial Officers not made yet, along with Rebel Officers not made yet.

Some of these idea's may have been discussed before like the Jedi Council, but these are the ones I want to see.

Darth Yambag
07-08-2002, 09:55 PM
How about Obi-Wan banging back a shot at the Outlander. Shot glass with the blue booze

Put Elian Gonzales and his death sticks next to him and throw in some club freak - like the thong girl or Lt. Faytoni.

Tycho
07-08-2002, 10:02 PM
Sorry, I want 3 girls in thongs from The Outlander as a priority!
(NOT joking either!)

Elan Sleezebagano, Anthony Daniels' Republic Officer, and the thug-like looking dude that follows Anakin are all also good choices.

New from Hasbro:

Elan with Deathsticks!
Lt. Faytooni with Jawa Juice!
Mercenary with Attitude!
Thong Girls with Sex-Appeal!

:D

hango fett
07-08-2002, 10:09 PM
they need to bring them back....it gives me something else to clutter my room with...and i need something else to cluter my room so we can put more stuff away! pm me if you want the whole story..
hango

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 10:09 PM
The Thong girls three-pack is a definite must-own for me. Tycho, if you're a babe enthusiast, then you should have the Jabba's Dancers 3-pack, yes?

hango fett
07-08-2002, 10:12 PM
there you go, deadeye! that would be sweet!
hango

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 10:15 PM
Young minds, fresh ideas...;)

They could make a Padme three-pack, with her in the celebration dress from the end of Episode I, the Loyalist Committe gown from the beginning bit of AOTC, and the wedding dress from the end of AOTC!!!

Hango, you know I'd snatch that one up! :D

Tycho
07-08-2002, 11:17 PM
Since the prequels started, I've bought 2 more Jabba's Dancer girl sets:

1 for Jabba's actual courtiers at the PodRace for Episode One.

1 for the Nightclub scene. I also have the chic from Hasbro's Titan,A.E. line waiting to go in there (though I think I'll face her away since her head sculpt looks less 'real' since she was a cartoon).

But the point of the bar on Coruscant was that it was more a human establishment on a Core World which would be more heavily dominated by humans. Plus the human girls could be dangerous and tempt a young human male Jedi to go astray... and they did (just those girls weren't as attainable or desireable as Padme to Anakin, in his position... Now I'm sure if Obi-Wan asked him to handle security at the night club for a week... :rolleyes: )

But there should be more humans than critters in that bar. In any case, some GI Joe and Jurassic Park figures also work OK to add to the patrons there. Hasbro figures on the same scale as well. I sense an intent there... (JP figures used to be larger until JP III, too. Remember?)

[Side note: EU fans, JP kid looks a LOT like Anakin Solo, and Mr. Kirby - the idiot father of the kid with the cell phone the dino eats - he looks nothing like he did in the movie but instead his head looks too much like an older Luke Skywalker...say 40-something? Coincidence? I wondered....]

Needles
07-08-2002, 11:41 PM
I remember when JP figures used to be 10 times the size of ST figures,Ive also created a cantina scene,I spent a couple days on it,I tried taking old figures and rescupting them to what the patrons in the bar looked like according to my Epidsode 2 visual dictionary,I fail every time,I amy try one more time so i can get these non star wars figures off my tiny little bar stools!:p,I just love making things!

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 09:02 AM
So Tycho, do you use JP3 figures? Because the ones from the other two movies are like 5 inches tall.

Tycho
07-09-2002, 03:03 PM
Only JP3 figures.

thespar
07-09-2002, 04:15 PM
Give us a cinema of the wedding or the meeting of the seperalist.

RooJay
07-09-2002, 04:17 PM
Here's a few I'd love to see:

2 sets of Bounty Hunters - a neutrally posed Boba Fett along the lines of the 300th edition, a new, more accurate Dengar, and IG-88, Bossk, 4-LOM, and Zuckuss all done with more articulation than previous releases.

Echo Base - General Rieekan, Toryn Farr, and Rebel Technician

Rebel Pilots - Tiree, Red Leader, and Gold Leader

Ewok village - Chief Chirpa, C-3PO on throne, and another Ewok

4 sets of Jedi Council - each of the members from Episode 1 with bendable knees, cloth robes, and chairs

Duel of the Fates - Obi, Qui-Gon, and Maul (why was this never done before?!)

Watto's shop (AOTC) - sure we'd be getting another AOTC Watto, but we'd also be getting a nice, neutrally posed Anakin in his cloak and Padme in her silver-white gown.

More Cantina Aliens - There were plenty of 'em. I for one don't want to wait forever to grab a single new alien here and there, one-at-a-time through the Cantina sets.

Naboo Soldiers - a Commander (the guy who wore the same uniform as Panaka) and a couple of Naboo Footsoldiers.

Any number of army builder sets - Stormtroopers, Hoth Rebels, Rebel Fleet Troopers, Imperial Officers, Jedi, Droids, etc.. This would be a great way to do these kinds of sets.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 05:41 PM
And of course--Dooku, Anakin, and Obi-Wan. A second version could include Dooku, Anakin with 2 lightsabers, and Yoda. :D

Rogue II
07-09-2002, 06:28 PM
I like RooJay's and Brandon's ideas.

I would like to add

Purchase of the Droids 2 - R1-G4, RA-7 (Silver sandcrawler droid), and CZ-3

Rebel Hangar - Rebel Technician, Rebel pilot, and a droid.

Jabba's Court - Sgt Dolyaan, Wooof, J'Quille

JON9000
07-09-2002, 11:07 PM
My favorite Cinema scenes were the ones with all new figures, like Jabba's Dancers. Final duel kinda sucked but the sitting emperor was cool. I really like the idea of another purchase of the droids.

TeeEye7
07-10-2002, 06:05 AM
I sure hope Hasbro is sitting in the wings taking notes on all of this.....

Some very cool ideas here. If Hasbro DID listen, they should offer a fee for these good ideas (well....I can dream, can't I?):p

SNAYSON
07-10-2002, 09:43 AM
I hope new unreleased characters are used in the cinema scenes, if they decide to produce them again.