PDA

View Full Version : The Bourne Identity

AT-AT Man
07-07-2002, 12:45 PM
Great Flick, go see it, Matt Damon is a great Jason Bourne, and i hope he does the whole trilogy, speaking of which does anyone know if they are going to make all three books into movies. anyway it was a great movie. for thosxe of you who have seen talk about it here

derek
07-07-2002, 01:09 PM
i'm glad you liked the film. i had been holding off on seeing this one, because i wasn't sure of matt damon in a "secret agent" role. as for if the other films in this series will be made, to para-phrase kevin costner,"if it makes money, more will come.":)

Exhaust Port
07-07-2002, 04:42 PM
I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen the original but I was wondering if they both ended the same way. Anyone? I just thought the ending seemed rushed.

Oh, and his jump down the stairwell with his landing pad ;) was a bit much. Honestly. :rolleyes: Other than that, it was a good movie.

scruffziller
07-08-2002, 06:17 AM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
I thought it was pretty good. I haven't seen the original but I was wondering if they both ended the same way. Anyone? I just thought the ending seemed rushed.

Oh, and his jump down the stairwell with his landing pad ;) was a bit much. Honestly. :rolleyes: Other than that, it was a good movie.
I had seen the original about 12 years ago. All I remember was that he was being hunt down by a guy named Carlos who shot people in the neck as his signature shot but that was it. I didn't know it was a trilogy. I think Damon has too much of a baby face for this role, I would have preffered someone who was closer to the original Jason Bourne.

Eternal Padawan
07-08-2002, 09:56 AM
It was a good movie, but skipped like a record in a few places for me. I thought it had a weak third act. The more you found out about him and his "memory" the less interesting it bacame. Matt Damon didn't seem like a cold blooded assassin to me, kind of a warm, fuzzy assassin. They didn't give Clive Owen enough to do. How about that "action packed" climb down the wall, huh? I guess I was expecting something different from Doug Liman. After seeing the quirky, funny Swingers and Go I expected in that vein, but with his first big budget action film he played it safe and made it by the numbers. Give Clive Owen more lines and screen time!!!

Exhaust Port
07-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Man, I forgot about the action packed scaling down the wall scene. I was on the edge of my seat the whole time. ;)

Which character did Clive Owen play?

pthfnder89
07-08-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
Give Clive Owen more lines and screen time!!!

Absolutely! Clive Owen is just a really great actor, and extremely cool to watch.

I liked the movie overall, but it wasn't anything spectacular. It was just one of those very average movies, which are enjoyable to watch but don't leave a lasting impression. In about a year most people will have forgotten it exists.

Exhaust Port - Clive Owen played "The Professor". He was the black haired assasin with the glasses (I don't want to say anymore to avoid spoiling it for those who haven't seen it yet)

Eternal Padawan
07-08-2002, 04:24 PM
Other notable Clive Owen performances:

The Croupier
Gosford Park
BMW's "The Driver" Series (of which they are making more! Hooray!)

If Brosnan ever steps down, Clive is my choice for the new 007.

Jedi Juice
07-08-2002, 09:55 PM
Yeah, I finally saw the movie today and I'm glad I saw it. Originally, I had no intention of viewing this movie, but my grandfather talked me into it, so I went. Bourne's characted was like someone in an ealrier post stated, a "warm, fuzzy assasin, with feelings and emotions." I enjoyed the film.

SithDroid
07-11-2002, 11:58 AM
I saw it a couple of weeks ago. I really enjoyed the movie. I agree EP, the ending was just a so so ending. I love Franka Potente. Matt Damon actually did a really good job in this film.

2-1B
08-22-2005, 02:09 AM
I wasn't that attracted to the film either but I eventually watched it on DVD and enjoyed it. Pretty cool. So then of course I went for the theatrical showing of the sequel and that was cool, too. I'm pretty sure they'll top off a trilogy with Matty in the role.