PDA

View Full Version : Rubber bands

SuperBattleDroid88
07-07-2002, 03:25 PM
Do you keep the small and clear rubberbands on the figures that have them? I do and I highly recommened that you do because some of them can't hold their accesories without the rubberband...
I took off Clonetrooper (Preview) and Luminara but I wish I didnt. But one thing you MUST keep a rubberband on is the BattleDroid's heads! They come off so easily without them!

TIE Pilot
07-07-2002, 04:46 PM
I have quite a collection of those clear little rubber bands.

I use them mostly for securing weapons in a figure's hands. I've had far too many experiences with little blasters popping out of a figure's hands.. then spending the rest of the day looking for them.

LTBasker
07-07-2002, 05:15 PM
Unless I know the figure will hold it with no problem, I don't take the rubber bands off, or if I have another loose one that is expendable then I will take the rubber band off. I haven't taken the rubber bands off alot of figures, I'm glad they're clear. :D

jjreason
07-07-2002, 05:25 PM
I don't save them. I did in the beginning, but my desire to keep the accessories all together in small container to avoid loss overcame the keeping of the elastics. I do have some regrets, especially the 25th anniversary Han and Leia who don't want to hold their blasters anymore. Most of the other figures' hands have adjusted with the elastics off, and have tightened up enough to hold the accessories. They would be great to keep if you were a fan of doing diorama work.

figrin bran
07-07-2002, 05:27 PM
if it looks like the figure will hold the accessory without the rubber bands, then i prefer to take it off. though sometimes i can be quite wrong...royal guard, for instance. but it usually isn't that difficult to tie back the rubber bands. of course, finding them on my carpet is another challenge altogether.

Exhaust Port
07-07-2002, 10:26 PM
I've learn my lesson in the past and try to keep a couple extra laying around for those couple pesky figures. The worst one for me was trying to get my 12" figures to stay on their respective Speederbikes. Thank goodness for those clear rubber bands.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-07-2002, 10:41 PM
The OOM-9 Battle Droid is a must when it comes to using those rubber bands. That droid can't hold it's binoculars for dear life witho 'em.

DarthSetnom
07-08-2002, 12:19 AM
Yeap I do... but only to use them with figures that can't hold their accesories, like my Flashback Ben Kenobi.

fourtwo
07-08-2002, 01:38 PM
i just leave them on myself. unless i really want to move things around.

BillyJAck
07-09-2002, 06:10 AM
Taking the bands off some figures really makes me wish i hadn't like the Sandtrooper with he binoculors

figrin bran
07-09-2002, 11:26 AM
i would like to put Djas Puhr's pistols into the holsters but i'm not sure if they'll actually fit in and whether or not he can hold them w/o benefit of the rubber bands. any advice?

DarthSetnom
07-09-2002, 01:42 PM
Yeah I know what you mean about that sandtrooper... i tokk the band off mine and i had to put it back on because apparently there is no way he can hold them.

Lightsabre
07-10-2002, 12:49 AM
Hi, jjreason, you keep all your weapon in small container make interesting idea. As all my ziplock bags now turned yellowish, I am thinking of adopting your method of keeping weapons in small container. How do you tell which blaster is for Leia and which is for IG-88 say six months from now?

Forhekset
07-10-2002, 07:48 AM
Djas' pistols do fit in his holsters, figrin bran. But they're really floppy so be careful getting them out if his hands or you'll bend 'em up good and have to spend time bending them back into shape. I almost always take those rubber bands off figures. There are tons of other uses for them. For example, I use several of them to keep 3PO bundled in his cargo net and on Saga Chewie's back. I have a figure hanging from the grappling hook/ascension gun underneath my POTF2 AT-AT, and he wouldn't hang onto the gun properly, so I had to wrap his hand around it with the rubber band. The reason I take the bands off is because if they're on too tight in the first place, over time they dig into the figure and sometimes leave a permanent gouge in the plastic. Incidentally, I have my POTJ Sandtrooper holding his binoculars with both hands, no rubber bands, and I haven't had any trouble with him.

Dar' Argol
07-10-2002, 01:43 PM
Has anyone taken the rubber band off of HD Anakin's right hand??? The green saber is not painted and I want to switch Dooku's saber with Ani, but if he will not hold it, I'm just gonna leave the unpainted where it is. Anyone:confused:

MikeAndTheBots
07-10-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Has anyone taken the rubber band off of HD Anakin's right hand??? The green saber is not painted and I want to switch Dooku's saber with Ani, but if he will not hold it, I'm just gonna leave the unpainted where it is. Anyone:confused:
He has a magnet in that hand, he can hold it. I took the band off.

Jonna
07-10-2002, 01:47 PM
Since I pretty much just 'display' them, I don't bother taking the bands off most of them.

Dar' Argol
07-10-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by MikeAndTheBots

He has a magnet in that hand, he can hold it. I took the band off.

I knew he had a magnet in his hand, I just didn'y know if it was strong enough to hold the saber. But thanx though:D

SuperBattleDroid88
07-10-2002, 06:57 PM
If you wanna make sure your Obi Wan JSP figure will keep both hands on the lightsaber you have to put a rubberband on both hands so the hands will stay together... That's what I did since the magnet isn't strong enough to stay on the lightsaber....