PDA

View Full Version : Master Yoda D' Kana the Whill!?!?!

Darth_Maul25SW
07-07-2002, 03:41 PM
Why does IMDB.COM list Yoda as Master Yoda D' Kana the Whill? Is this in fact his full real name?!? Creepy!!

Jargo
07-07-2002, 03:50 PM
Spooky indeed. And now that Yaddle's dead he's the last Whill and testament to his species...

sorry that was really poor. :D

Darth_Maul25SW
07-07-2002, 03:51 PM
Yes it was poor, but it adds to the air of Mystery! so keep it up

Beast
07-07-2002, 03:56 PM
There has been speculation in the forums for a while, that he is a whill. Since the original Star Wars novel includes a small section at the beginning that talks about Palpatine's rise to power. It was from the journal of the whills.

The thing about IMDB.com though, is that alot of those entries are written by normal people like you or I. Someone may have been a smart arse, and submitted that change to IMDB.com and they accepted it as fact. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-07-2002, 05:18 PM
IMDb doesn't do background checks on stuff they can't, so it was most likely reported by the same person going under multiple accounts and so they took it as fact.

I think they never really fill out alot of the information themselves, especially little stuff like that. Personally I hope Lucas doesn't reveal Yoda's last name or species, as it keeps the cool mysteriousness about him alive. :D

Forhekset
07-07-2002, 05:30 PM
Hmm. Why did Jargo's post add to the air of mystery? I don't think you understood the pun, Darth_Maul25SW. :rolleyes: At any rate, that was a real groaner Jargo. :)

IMDB is probably just full of it. I wouldn't lose any sleep over something listed on their website. Could be that some overly imaginative fanboy wrote that.

Darth_Maul25SW
07-07-2002, 05:32 PM
I was just Joking around

jjreason
07-07-2002, 05:33 PM
It is as good a name and species as we could hope for. If they do decide to reveal his species in the movies, It would be nice homage to the earlier work for him to be a whill. Whatever he is, I love him. Not THAT way, sheesh you guys.....:rolleyes: :D

Forhekset
07-07-2002, 05:38 PM
Originally posted by jjreason
It is as good a name and species as we could hope for. If they do decide to reveal his species in the movies, It would be nice homage to the earlier work for him to be a whill. Whatever he is, I love him. Not THAT way, sheesh you guys.....:rolleyes: :D

I dunno...I think I would prefer that Yoda remain a mystery. If Lucas works up some elaborate backstory for him, it will probably have the same effect on me as when he "explained" the Force through midichlorians in EP1. That is to say, it will leave me with a sickening feeling in the pit of my stomach.

Edit: "Yoda D'Kana". Pfftt. The more I read that name, the more I think some fanboy pulled that out of where the sun don't shine.

Jargo
07-07-2002, 06:41 PM
It's the ' in the middle of the name that makes me think of lame EU books where every character has a ' in the middle of their name. It's like adding a ' is gonna make it strange and mysterious and add to the sci-fi feel of the name. Or somehow make it cool. But it doesn't. I mean what if I suddenly decided that my name was gonna be J'ar'g'o C'oy'ne or something. that doesn't make me cool it makes me look like a wally. I'm cool enough already to not need a ' anywhere in my name and so is Yoda. There's no way Yoda would have a ' in his name. And D'Kana is just crap. Flat out crap.

Having said that we'll probably find that Lucas ends up using something similar by having his kids rename Yoda. Let's face it they came up with half the dumb names for AOTC characters. I guess that Yoda D'Kana can't be any worse than AOTC character names. Poggle? WTF!!!!!! It's like something from babies first book of farmyard animals - "Poggle the big pink piggy went for a walk, to see what nice shiny apples he could find to eat......"

Yoda is cool without a second name. He doesn't need that. Yoda is just Yoda. End of story.

mylow thehutt
07-07-2002, 07:33 PM
whats the D stand for?

LTBasker
07-07-2002, 07:37 PM
D'Kana sounds more Klingon, IMO. :rolleyes:

Really hope Lucas doesn't pick it up, somehow it would just be a big damper... There is really no need, Yoda's mysterious, but not all that mysterious to the Jedi Council and such, so theres no need to say it in E3 because most of the Jedi probably know already while the audience can hang in suspense. :D

jjreason
07-07-2002, 10:56 PM
Originally posted by Forhekset

I think I would prefer that Yoda remain a mystery.

I do totally agree. Yoda is way better than fine the way he is. I don't need any more info either. All that I meant was that IF his background/species/last name were to be revealed, it would be most fitting if he were made a Whill. D'Kana I can take or leave, like most character names. Nothing they could come up with would suit everybody, so why bother?

scruffziller
07-08-2002, 02:55 AM
"Whill" sounds like something from LOTR or "Whill"ow:D

MFH
07-08-2002, 11:39 PM
Yaddle: "Yoda...When gone am I, the last of the Whill will you be..."

sunblind
07-09-2002, 12:55 PM
Yeah, Keep Yoda a mystery. It's better that way.

FKA Broke Collector
07-14-2002, 08:46 AM
Originally posted by scruffziller
"Whill" sounds like something from LOTR or "Whill"ow:D

Funny you say that. Turns out Lucas actually did borrow from LOTR. How 'bout the land of Endore?