PDA

View Full Version : What is the most HTF EP1 Fig?

Darth-Lickus
07-07-2002, 08:56 PM
What is the rarest EP1 fig? not including variations. Some people say it is Sio Bibble and some say it is TC-14, does anyone know which one or another figure is rarest. I want fact not opinion.

Beast
07-07-2002, 09:03 PM
There is no way to prove 100% what is the most HTF figures, because some areas got tons of them, like mine. And some areas bearly saw any of them. The rarest ones are of course the ones from the end of the line, TC-14, R2-B1, Sio Bibble, Amidala: Battle, Pit Droids, Swimming Jar Jar, Holo Sidious, and Naboo Royal Soldier. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediTricks
07-07-2002, 09:12 PM
Swimming Jar Jar was only 1 per case in a case that contained no other new figures, so IMO that figure is the rarest of all Ep 1 figs. There's no solid way to be sure which one is most rare, but Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp) is the only Ep 1 figure I never saw on pegs, and the most rare in collecting stores.

Beast
07-07-2002, 09:18 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Swimming Jar Jar was only 1 per case in a case that contained no other new figures, so IMO that figure is the rarest of all Ep 1 figs.
JT, the Swimming Jar Jar case, also contained the new figures Qui-Gon Jinn: Jedi Master (Soft Goods) and Destroyer Droid: Battle Damage. But those figures were packed in decent numbers at 3 each per case, and were easy to find, where as the 1 per case Jar Jar Binks was not. :)

Wave 12 #84085095Y - February 2000 - Collection 1
3 x Qui-Gon Jinn (Jedi Master)
3 x Destroyer Droid (Battle Damage)
1 x Jar Jar Binks (Naboo Swamp)
3 x Darth Maul (Sith Lord)
2 x Anakin Skywalker (Naboo Pilot)
2 x Obi-Wan Kenobi (Jedi Knight)
2 x Darth Maul (Tatooine)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Darth-Lickus
07-09-2002, 09:14 AM
out of all the hard to find figures, Amidala:Battle seems to be going for the most on ebay auctions.

jedi_uk73
07-09-2002, 12:56 PM
I would have to say TC-14 & R2-B1 are the hardest to find.

I found Jedi Qui-Gon, BD Destroyer & Swimming Jar Jar all for 1.99 about a year ago. Sio Bibble & Amidala weren't far behind @ 4.99 a piece.

I have just recently seen TC-14 & R2-B1 in a local collectors shop for 34.99 each. OUCH !!!!

Glad I got mine at retail price :D

TeeEye7
07-10-2002, 06:48 AM
About the time it's decided which is the most HTF Episode I figure, Hasbro will release the flood gates and deluge the stores with that very figure!

I paid through the nose for a Death Star Trooper just before that very thing happened:frus:

Lt Kettch
07-16-2002, 10:41 PM
Hurray, the lost 5 have been reduced to the lost 4. I just set up a transactino for an R2 B1, and it won't bankrupt me!!!!!!!

NOW THE LOST 4:
Sio Bibble
TC-14
Pit Droids
Naboo Royal Guard

YAY!

Lobito
07-17-2002, 03:49 PM
In my local SW shop they still have tons of Swiming Jar Jar's...but no TC-14'S or Darth Sidious holo...guess it all depends in the area you live in.

thespar
07-18-2002, 11:51 PM
at the time i bought them tc-14, r2-b1, sio-bibble but i after picked them up one line.

jdmarlow
07-21-2002, 10:16 PM
I would say Swimming Jar Jar off the bat....BUT Sio Bibble is second on my list.

I think most will agree that it is the last of the line that got lost in distribution. The transition between toy lines is the hardest thing to do as a collector because the last of the previous lines always gets left in the dust. Unlike the earlier portions of the line when toys are able to take time to circulate throughout stores, etc......The end of a toy lines JUST ENDS. Therefore, if you miss it IT'S GONE. Or in many cases it just doesn't show up at all, meaning that it never will. That is what happened to me, therefore I had to dish out a pretty penny to get mine.

rynobot
07-23-2002, 01:32 AM
Wow I never knew the Naboo Royal Soilder was rare since I actually had one.

JediTricks
07-23-2002, 02:50 AM
Naboo Royal Guard is rare, Naboo Royal Security is not.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-23-2002, 04:25 PM
My dad found (and got me) a Holo Sidious and a Naboo Royal Guard for Xmas of 1999! Woo hoo! Holo Sidious is one of the best ones in the line.

187-Maul
07-23-2002, 06:04 PM
yeah holo sid is a pretty cool figure
I got luvky and found most of the htf figs all in tru at sale (holo sidious, jar jar swamp, naboo royal guard, sio bibble and pit droids) only tc-14 and r2-b1 were the ones I didn't find in any toysrus while the htf figs were here

Jayspawn
07-27-2002, 11:59 AM
The battle Amidala, TC-14, and Sio Bibble seem to be the hardest to get. Heck, I still don't have Sio or TC.

Mandalorian Candidat
07-29-2002, 03:33 PM
I remember debating this about 2-3 years ago on the old forums and it seemed that no one had the Swimming JJB figure. The last two waves, including TC-14, R2-B1, Holo Sidious, and NRS, were definitely tough but the figure most people griped about not having was Swimming JJB. I was able to find tons of the Damaged Droideka and Flailing Arms Qui-Gon at the TRU sale but zero of the JJ just because it was short-packed.

I don't know if it was because they were so HTF or what, but I really liked those last few waves of EP1 figures. We got some interesting sculpts and the much improved soft goods feature for OB1, DM, and QA Battle.

I wish TRU would have another purge soon so we could all get some and put some scalpers out of business.

Darth Narcis
08-03-2002, 12:00 AM
does tru and other stores still have old EP1 figs in stock that they havent put out??? i have a naboo guard, but never saw any of the other figsin quesiton...

redfive41101
08-11-2002, 12:55 PM
I never saw any of the last group to come out around here. I really wanted quite a few of them. Oh well.

TylerD
08-15-2002, 01:24 AM
I never really considered myself lucky to have TC-14 and R2-B1....I found mine at Wal-Mart. I never saw Pit Droids, Amidala, Sio Bibble, Holo Sidious, or Jar Jar!

Darth Marra 54
08-15-2002, 05:50 PM
The ones I do not have TC-14 and R2 BI

Darth Vellner
08-19-2002, 02:33 AM
I never found Sio-Bibble or Jar-Jar (@ss Sandwitch)

Adam
08-20-2002, 04:20 AM
I once saw TC-14 and R2-B1 at a Kmart. Why?! Why didn't I get them?!

sith_killer_99
08-24-2002, 12:46 PM
When did the Freeze Frame Death Star Trooper flood stores?

I have NEVER seen Coll. 3 Freeze Frame figures in the stores.

Anywho, I found every single Episode 1 figure in the stores. Sort of, I had to go to the local comic store to find the last few figures. Unfortunatly a few got destroyed. In any event, for the longest time I could not find Swimming Jar-Jar. Then when TRU got all those cases of the Swimming Jar-Jar wave I managed to grab 2 (1 MOMC and 1 on a bent-up-cracked card to open).

The only figure I have NEVER found was Yoda WITH Episode 1 text.

As for the REGULAR EP1 figures Europe got MASS shipments of the last few waves. Just go to ebay and you will see all those Sio Bibbles, Pit Droids, Queen Amidalas, Holo Sidious.

However, TC-14 and R2-B1 were not released in Europe to the same extent. Just check ebay. It is my opinion that these were produced in lower numbers, OVERALL, than the Sio Bibble wave.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
08-31-2002, 11:35 PM
Originally posted by Darth Narcis
does tru and other stores still have old EP1 figs in stock that they havent put out??? i have a naboo guard, but never saw any of the other figsin quesiton...

I've wondered the same thing myself. There were rumors that Hasbro or TRU had them sitting in warehouses and they were waiting for all those soft-good DM, QJ, and AS's to clear the clearance rack before they put them out. Well they have since been cleared but I haven't seen any TC-14, Sio Bobbles or any other figure from the HTF wave.

I did pass up a Naboo Guard and Pit Droid 2 pk at a comic store in Canada last year. I could had them for like $7.50 U.S. plus tax.

But I just added a HTF Ep1 figure to my collection yesterday, thanks to Sinister Lord of the forums. A Holographic Darth Sidious which I had never sighted before until yester. Thanks Sinister!

jjreason
09-01-2002, 01:52 AM
I too still need R2B1 and Amidala Battle to complete my epI set. Ill offer any member of the forums 6 bucks for the pair. Anyone?:D

Lyet
09-05-2002, 10:04 AM
The only 2 Ep 1 guys I never found were the Battle Damaged Destroyer Droid and Swimming Jar Jar.

Old Fossil
09-09-2002, 09:15 AM
The only regular issue EpI figures I never saw at retail were TC-14 and R2-B1. They were, naturally, the ones I wanted the most. I ended up getting them at auction for absurd prices.

I passed on Bibble, Sidious, Amidala, Naboo RG, Pit droids, and Swimming Jar Jar. Just didn't interest me, and still don't. Bibble is about as exciting as Valorum.

The Overlord Returns
09-19-2002, 01:39 PM
I only ever once saw a TC 14....and snapped her up.

The only figure I have never laid eyes on in a store is r2 b1.......probably never will...

Emperor Howdy
10-10-2002, 02:50 AM
I traded a Battle-damaged Destroyer Droid/Swimming Jar Jar for a TC-14 and R2-B1.....never have seen 'em in stores.

Paid $14 a piece for a Holo Sid and NRG/$16 for a Battle Ami on Ebay.......never saw them either.