PDA

View Full Version : the Rebel Transport

Eternal Padawan
04-17-2002, 04:09 PM
Just got one in the mail today. This thing is pretty sweet! It's a lot bigger than I thought it would be for some reason. It's missing the guns in the rear and all the little backpacks and masks, but otherwise it's in good condition. I'm not really sure where to put it because it doesn't fit into any dioramas I've been working on.

So who else has one and what do you think of it?:D

Eternal Padawan
04-21-2002, 10:58 AM
So my daughter was playing with my new Rebel Transport and she got up and tripped on her sock or whatever and landed right on it, cracking the top half in two.

(sigh) :rolleyes: Children. God bless them.

JEDIpartner
04-21-2002, 01:11 PM
Oops!...she did it again.

I never got one of these, but it always looked like "simple" fun.

TopJedi
04-22-2002, 07:23 AM
I have a very mint, and complete Rebel Transport ship.I currently have it on display on top of my glass dislay case.I really like the ship, although it doesn't serve much of a purpose at the moment.It's just kind of those cool ships to have.

SNAYSON
05-08-2002, 04:10 PM
i have one. i think it's cool. i'm missing the back packs and the mask. lost them years ago! (i'm also missing my blue snaggletooth!)

eliwankenobi
05-10-2002, 12:40 PM
I still have my Rebel Transport in its box cuz I don't have anywhere to display it right now. This is one of my fave vintage ships. Don't exactly know why as it was never terribly exciting to play with. But since my fave of the series is ESB I love this ship.

Eternal Padawan
05-13-2002, 04:06 AM
I have a quick question. Does the rear "gunseat" just kind of sit in the mold? Or is there a piece that it snaps into. The one I got has the gray section, but it just kind of sits there in the back of the ship and it looks like there might be a section between it and the white molding on the vehicle. Anyone know?

eliwankenobi
05-15-2002, 03:47 PM
This piece just kind of sits in place; no snap or anything. This way you can take the guns out of the ship to play "Oh no, the Empire is coming! Defend the transport!!"

Also, I haven't had mine out of the box for several years, but I seem to think that there's something under the space where the gunner station goes - or I could just be sniffing my mouse droid too much... :crazed:

SNAYSON
05-15-2002, 04:18 PM
OK

1. YOU GOT THE BOTTOM OF THE SHIP
2. THEN YOU HAVE THAT BLACK REAR PLASTICE COVER PEICE COVERING THE REAR OF THE SHIP. ACTS AS THE FLOOR.
3. THEN YOU HAVE THAT GUNSEAT THAT REST ON TOP OF THE BLACK PLASTIC.

Eternal Padawan, ARE YOU MISSING THAT "FLOOR COVERING" FOR THE REAR?

gibbspaulus
05-16-2002, 11:42 AM
No need to shout!

I'm missing both front and back platforms and the bottom hatch! Any UK resies have an idea where I can stock up?

Eternal Padawan
05-20-2002, 12:42 PM
Yeah I must be missing that black plastic in the rear.
"A hunting I will go... a hunting I will go..."

gibbspaulus
05-21-2002, 06:55 AM
A ha! Just got the front seats and gun base off of e-bay. All I need now are the guns (!) and the black platform!

Old Fossil
07-07-2002, 10:22 PM
I've been considering picking up one of these off EBay. The ship looks really cool, but I know virtually nothing about what to look out for, i.e. missing parts, battery terminal corrosion, etc. I hope to get one out of box.

Anyone out there who owns one that could give me some advice, or some opinions regarding this toy ship in general?

odb
07-08-2002, 04:27 PM
There's not that many parts to the transport, but because of the five back packs and five gasmasks that came with it, they are hard to find complete.

Basically theres nine pieces to it. The top and bottom hulls which are held together by molded clip on the front and rear and in the middle the black shield generator acts as a locking bolt/mechanism. There are also a front covering and a rear covering that fit onto the top half of the hull. On the bottom half there a black trapdoor thats often lost as well.

Inside there's a grey figure tray, two laser canons on posts that attach to a grey base plate which has a molded seat and display console. Occasionally the 'cockpit' piece comes loose (its a bit of black plastic that clips to the bottom hull, with molded seats plus stickers to simulate the instruments).

I think toysrgus.com has some detailed pics. Shop around there seems to plenty of them around and fairly cheap especially if they're not complete, well at least in the UK.

Hope this helps

Eternal Padawan
07-08-2002, 04:45 PM
Bumping this up for TwoDat Tatooine.

There aren't any electronics that I can remember, but check for the different layers (like the black middle layer.)

There are also little backpacks that come with it, if you need a "complete" set.

Old Fossil
07-09-2002, 09:37 AM
Much obliged! All this info is news to me. I'll check out toysrgus.com, too. Again, many thanks!

Lobito
07-16-2002, 05:01 PM
I have only seen the Rebel Transport once, (a friend in school had one) since then i've been waiting for Kenner/Hasbro to remake this toy again...but who knows, they are taking too long.