PDA

View Full Version : Mace Windu vs. Darth Tyranus...

SuperBattleDroid88
07-07-2002, 10:09 PM
Who do you think would win in a duel between Mace Windu and Darth Tyranus?
And...
Do you think this would ever happen in Episode 3?
I am totally not sure on who would win...
Mace is the second most powerful Jedi....
One more question....
Who's the third most powerful Jedi?

DeadEye
07-07-2002, 10:32 PM
Darth Tyranus, of course! :D

Content EDITED: Spoiler Material

DA

jjreason
07-07-2002, 11:05 PM
To address your second question first: as far as Jedi power goes, I would imagine they're like normal people. Different people have different strenths, as would Jedi. The most powerful warriors may have developed their talents in those areas, while others would be extremely good at using the force to see the future, etc.
I would imagine the council members are very powerful, but differ in their specialized abilities.
From what I saw on screen in AOTC, it looked like Ki-Adi Mundi was hauling some butt in the arena, as were Kit Fisto and Eeth Koth.

I think Dooku would win because of the amplified powers the dark side allows. Yoda was able to compete because he was focused defensively at the beginning of the fight, and let Dooku play all of his cards before engaging him. Mace Windu would be wise to do the same. It would (and with any luck SHOULD) be interesting to watch!

DarthSetnom
07-08-2002, 12:12 AM
I'd much rather see Mace Windu die at the hands of Boba Fett while leading the jedi against the Clone Troopers, or even at the hands of the emperor.

See I really think Anakin is entitled to a second fight against Tyranus... and the winner will be the one who becomes the Emperor's apprentice. Then again, Anakin would be likely to want to destroy Dooku... make him pay for that severed hand.

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 08:19 AM
Content EDITED: Spoiler material

DA

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-08-2002, 09:12 AM
Content EDITED: Spolier Material

DA

darthvyn
07-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Darth Tyranus, of course! :D

Content EDITED: Spoiler Material

DA

and, thanks, now it's one of the spoilers I picked up, even though i am trying to go SPOILER FREE!!! keep it in the ep. III spoilers forum from now on, thanks...

i just ALMOST read your other post... treading lightly on my patience, you are...

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-08-2002, 09:18 AM
yeah so i'am i DEADEYE!so why dont you talk about in the spoiler section...i only go to the spoiler section because half of those threads belong in the spoiler free section!also deadeye Count Dooku fight off YODA!come on what are you thinking count dooku was being crushed by Yoda and Yoda wasnt even using the full extent of his POWER!Yoda could have easily beaten dooku if he wanted to Yoda was just playing with him still cool that yoda used the lightsaber

Jedi Clint
07-08-2002, 10:35 AM
Please keep Episode 3 spoilers in the proper forum.

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 11:32 AM
Sorry for posting spoilers. Whenever I post spoilers in the Episode 3 section, either no one reads them or they don't believe a word I say, so...:mad:

I'd say Yoda fought his best. And Dooku would have broken Yoda like a shriveled old stick if he hadn't just fought off Obi-Wan and Anakin.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-08-2002, 01:14 PM
yeah right deadeye, i wanna see yoda be broken like a stick against dooku, dooku would have been chopped liver and then why didnt he kill yoda?why did he run he would have run even he just didnt fight off obi wan and anakin and also personnly dooku is chopped liver to yoda have you every looked at your visual dictonary if you own one it says yoda can overcome virtually any oppenent cause he is so powerful in the force

pthfnder89
07-08-2002, 01:31 PM
Sorry for posting spoilers. Whenever I post spoilers in the Episode 3 section, either no one reads them or they don't believe a word I say, so...:mad:

I wouldn't take it personally DeadEye. Spoilers this early in the plot development are iffy to say the least. And think about how many rumours are found all over the internet, most of them claiming to be from "official sources".

It's not that you're wrong or anything, it's just that no one here necessarily has any more reason to believe you than say, Bob from www.IKnowEverythingAboutEpisode3.com.

Like I said, it's best not to take it personally.:)

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 02:42 PM
Thanks, pthfinder89.

And JM Yoda, how old are you, like 8? You type as if you have no fingers or something. Learn how to spell before you expect me to heed your advice. :frus:

Dar' Argol
07-08-2002, 04:59 PM
I have removed the spoiler info from their posts. If the Authors would like their posts back for future use in the correct sections, PM me.

darthvyn
07-08-2002, 06:23 PM
thank you, dar'.

deadeye, i hope you don't take what i typed before personally. i just work hard not to spoil anything for myself OR others, and i expect the same courtesy from everyone else. i hope you understand. i was very surprised and disheartened to see spoiler material in the ep. II forum. i realize that it is very early for hard evidence, but at the same time anything i read can't be taken back.

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 07:08 PM
It's okay, darthvyn. JM Yoda, Jonna, and Caesar are the only guys here I take offense to.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-08-2002, 10:47 PM
Dar' Argol... I think you should move this thread to the Episode 3 SPOLIERS section....

Jedi Clint
07-09-2002, 03:10 AM
This thread is fine where it's at. There exists such a thing as self-control. Employing this faculty in regards to E3 spoiler material will prevent posts and sections of posts from being deleted. If you wish to discuss this in the E3 section, first find out whether the discussion already exists in that forum, and join in if it has or start one if it hasn't.

sunblind
07-09-2002, 08:40 AM
Deadeye, how is it that your dating N. Portman, when I've been seeing her this whole time?
As goes for your fake posts on Episode 3. Anyone could come up with anything, as longs as it sounded reasonable to be the truth. And when you post a post to say you have spoilers and then don't say what the spoliers are (in the Episode 3 Spoilers section of course) you're just wasting everyones time. For I could just announce to possible know such secret info just like you have been. Who'd really know if I was lying. Anyone could do what you're doing. Who are you kidding. You don't know jack from jill and the bean stock. And by the way, Natalie says you're always telling lies. And another thing, Mace would make Darth Tyranus look like a clown in the middle of a mudd pie fling.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 09:07 AM
I know the difference between jack, jill, and the beanstalk. Where'd you pull that one from?

Tyranus would make shishkabob out of Mace.

And most importantly, sunblind, I never said you had to believe a word I said. I realize just how absurd it all sounds. You're entitled to whatever opinion you want, but that doesn't mean I've never seen her.

And it's not like I'm dating her as if she's my girlfriend or something. It's complicated and I really don't want to explain it a seventh time.

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 10:31 AM
Tyranus would make shishkabob out of Mace.

Well getting back on the original subject, I also think Dooku would win. But I don't think it would be easy for him unless he pulled out some dirty tricks (which, let's face it, he probably would being a Sith and all...:D)

Mace is supposed to be the most powerful Jedi in the order (which I take to mean powerful in the art of the lightsaber). So I think he would hold his own for a long time in a duel against Dooku. But I don't think Mace has as many Force "tricks" as Yoda and Dooku have, and Dooku would eventually use one of them to gain the advantage (like he did to escape from Yoda)

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 12:06 PM
Probably. Dooku beat Obi-Wan by "tricking" him also. The novel explains that a bit more in detail.

sunblind
07-09-2002, 12:35 PM
I still think Mace would prove better than Dooku. Even without Force moves, I think his lightsaber skills would out-do Dooku. That would be a great fight to see. And afterwards, I can hear it now, with Mace talking to Dooku as he lies on the ground, defeated, "Can you dig it"?

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 01:27 PM
Dooku is the most able fencer in the Jedi Order!!! How many times does it have to be said??!!! He would tear Mace apart! :D

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 01:46 PM
But didn't the early versions of the scene (and the novel) say that Anakin had Dooku on the ropes with his dual lightsaber fighting? If Anakin could almost do it, I have to believe Mace could lay some saberey justice down on Dooku.:)

Besides, Qui Gon was Dookus padawan, and Dooku obviously coldn't train him well enough to take out one little tattoed Sith midget:p
He can't be the very best in my book.;)

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 01:50 PM
Actually, Anakin barely did anything to Dooku, who easily picked off Anakin's attacks.

And Darth Maul was an extremely well trained Sith, and Qui-Gon had never fought a Sith before. So cut him some slack! :D

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 01:56 PM
Actually, Anakin barely did anything to Dooku, who easily picked off Anakin's attacks.

I know it's that way in the final edit, but the first reports from the script I remember had Anakin kicking some major butt with both lightsabers, until he gets too cocky and Dooku relieves him of his arm.

I really hope we can see some of the cut lightsaber footage on the DVD.

And Darth Maul was an extremely well trained Sith, and Qui-Gon had never fought a Sith before. So cut him some slack! :D [/B][/QUOTE]

Eh, I've never bought that. Darth Maul couldn't have been that well trained, otherwise me would have moved when Obi Wan was slicing him in half. Maybe Obi Wan was using the Force to speed up time like Kyle can do in JK2 Outcast;)

Really though, I like Qui Gon. I hope we get to hear more about his past in Ep3.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 02:17 PM
Maul was well-trained physically, but not mentally. He was overconfident and taken by surprise.