PDA

View Full Version : Final Battle of the Clone Wars...

die-jarjar-die
06-06-2002, 09:20 PM
Those good ol folks over at force.net have just posted a story regarding recent comments GL has made with reference to EP3.

It basically states what most of you have probably already guessed......

The end of the Clone Wars will be seen at the beginning of EP3 leaving the rest of the movie to be more personal

Head on over to www.theforce.net for the whole story.....

Battle Droid
06-06-2002, 10:54 PM
Yeah I saw that on Entertainment Tonight myself, I wonder how long the battle will be, longer than Ep II's?

Jedi Clint
06-06-2002, 10:58 PM
He said that the "Clone Wars would end at the beginning of the film, and it would then become very small and personal."

Excellent :). Sounds like it fits with my guesstimation thus far.

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=102864#post102864

saladin
06-07-2002, 09:01 AM
Good that way we can focus on anikans decent to evil.

derek
06-07-2002, 09:05 AM
this does sound good. hopefully anakin will kill dooku at the beginning of the film, and then there will be plenty of time for the anakin vs. obi-wan deuls.

this will be an unusual pattern for lucas though. possibly 3 saber duel in one film? i hope it happens. and i hope they are done well, like in episode 1 and 5.:)

chris
06-07-2002, 10:57 AM
The battle at the beginning will probably be long and really intense, Rick Mcallum said "armageddon" would take place in the next film, and I assumed this is what he meant. Then again, he never does know what he's talking about.

Laserbrain
06-07-2002, 04:21 PM
Well, with what we've seen in E2 with Dooku vs everyone else, if you're good, a saber battle won't last long.

Remember in ESB Vader didn't really want to kill Luke, just turn him to the Dark Side. The same could be argued about the duel in ROTJ. That's why those duels took so long, compared to how quickly Count Dooku hacked up Obi-Wan and Anankin.

Battle Droid
06-07-2002, 11:55 PM
Yoda should kill Dooku.

It's only right that Yoda gets to kill someone.

Everyone else does.

MikeAndTheBots
06-08-2002, 12:01 AM
Originally posted by Battle Droid
Yoda should kill Dooku.

It's only right that Yoda gets to kill someone.

Everyone else does.
I was thinknig about this.
I felt that Anakin slaying him and taking his place with sidious would be more fitting BUT remember what Yoda says in ESB "War does not make one great" as in he regrets being a warrior. I was thinkin he kills Dooku and regrets it until he dies....or something...

DeadEye
06-08-2002, 06:14 PM
I went to TF.N and saw no such article.

Beast
06-08-2002, 06:26 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
I went to TF.N and saw no such article.
Here is a link, and a transcript for you then:

http://www.theforce.net/episode3/index.html

Just saw a *very* brief comment by George Lucas on Entertainment Tonight about Episode 3. He said that the Clone Wars would end at the beginning of the film, and it would then become very small and personal. Looks like the big battle will be at the beginning, like in ESB.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
06-08-2002, 08:22 PM
Thank you, my Gungan friend. :)

scruffziller
06-10-2002, 06:05 PM
Yea I think the episodes are being placed nicely. I think alot of people who were wishing they could see the entire Clone Wars in one movie were insane. None of the movies happen in over but through a few days. And each episode are years apart.

Co Jo-Da
07-08-2002, 12:12 PM
George Lucas commented in June on Entertainment Tonight about Episode 3. He said, "Clone Wars would end at the beginning of the film, and it would then become very small and personal. Looks like the big battle will be at the beginning, like in ESB."

I see this battle being bigger than the Battle of Geonosis, an almost Armageddon look. But there is alot of possibilities like:

Where is this Battle taking place? Alderaan? Tatooine? Coruscent? A new planet?

Who is fighting who? Of course the Jedi with a Clone Army will be on one side but who is on the other?

Who is the winner? Ben Kenobi never said who won the Clone War but EU said the Jedi did. Keep in mind that Lucas has changed alot of the old EU theories.

Are the Jedi acting as Officer's for the Republic Army? Leia called Obi-Wan a General instead of a Jedi Master, why? How/Why are the Jedi replaced?

How many Jedi will be left after the war, how many are left for Vader/Empire to hunt down?

Please, post an ideas or thoughts you have. We have a long time before we'll get any answers...

I haven't written any threads for a couple of months now so I'm sorry if this one is a little scattered. Besides I'm not really awake yet. :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed: :crazed:

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 12:37 PM
You can look at the now-closed "Who wants some spoilers?" thread for more details. Although you can't post in it. :p

What I didn't mention is that it's an army of clones and Jedi fighting lots of droids.

Co Jo-Da
07-08-2002, 12:49 PM
You can look at the now-closed "Who wants some spoilers?" thread for more details. Although you can't post in it. :p

That's why I open this new thread...

What I didn't mention is that it's an army of clones and Jedi fighting lots of droids.

What if there isn't a Clone Army any more and what if the Droid Armies have been wiped out. Just trying to suggest that their could be more than one enemy to fight, a half a galaxy or so...

DarthBatman
07-08-2002, 01:01 PM
I always thought that the Jedi would become officers in the army. How else could Obi Wan become a general?

Co Jo-Da
07-08-2002, 01:06 PM
Here's a side question.

If a Jedi Master like Obi-Wan is a General than what rank is a Jedi Padawan like Anakin?

Jedi Clint
07-08-2002, 01:15 PM
I don't think military rank and Jedi rank have any bearing on one another. Hence Anakin can attain a (unique) status that would keep him working closely with Palpatine, while Kenobi spends his time as a General in the military on planets like Alderaan.

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 01:29 PM
I'd imagine Padawans to be lieutenants, leading platoons. :D

And the clones couldn't be wiped out, because they're immensely superior to droids and the Kaminoans can keep on making them. They got enough DNA from Jango to do so.

And the droids, well, the Confederacy can make more.

DarthSetnom
07-09-2002, 02:47 AM
I'm sorry this just doesn't sound right... The Jedi won't fight by the side of the clone army, that's evident.

Palpatine will proclaim himself Emperor we all know that. If the Jedi had accepted this, then they would not have been extinct in OT. It is pretty obvious that the Jedi will be labeled as rebels and enemies of the newly founded Empire.

The rank has nothing to do with the fact that Obi-Wan is a Jedi, it's just a leadership thing. he is more apt to lead the army than other Jedi and soldiers. Plus, he is an old friend of the new Rebels, and a respected and well known warrior.

Jedi Clint
07-09-2002, 04:14 AM
The Jedi have already fought a battle with the aid of the clones and I think they will continue to do so until Palpatine is Emperor and they rebel against him.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 10:13 AM
Exactly. That would make it all the more tragic if the clones become stormtroopers, and the Jedi are killed by their own soldiers.

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 12:44 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
Exactly. That would make it all the more tragic if the clones become stormtroopers, and the Jedi are killed by their own soldiers.

I've had a lot of people tell me that they had a hard time seeing Yoda leading the Clonetroopers into battle for that reason. They just think it's too wierd seeing Yoda using Stormtrooper-lookalikes to destroy another army.

I think it's a nice little irony in the films (although I still don't think that the Stormtroopers are all clones)

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 01:08 PM
I don't think stormtroopers are clonetroopers either. They're different heights! Although their voices are all the same.

The Overlord Returns
07-17-2002, 01:43 PM
well lets face it....the stormtroopers are completely ineffective.....so I'm gonna assume the empire makes the mistake of finding a new host to clone...

I'm thinking after the battle, palpatine releases some sort of slander...accusing the jedi of untold misdeeds/ horrors......the jedi are eventually named public enemy #1.

Anakin, who respects palpatine greatly...clearly chooses the republic over the jedi........leading to his battle with Obi Wan

MikeAndTheBots
07-17-2002, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by The Overlord Returns
well lets face it....the stormtroopers are completely ineffective.....so I'm gonna assume the empire makes the mistake of finding a new host to clone...

I'm thinking after the battle, palpatine releases some sort of slander...accusing the jedi of untold misdeeds/ horrors......the jedi are eventually named public enemy #1.

Anakin, who respects palpatine greatly...clearly chooses the republic over the jedi........leading to his battle with Obi Wan
You know, the stormtroopers that fried the rebels on the tantive iv, the ones on tatooine who balsted the Lars and the jawas and the snow troopers were all pretty good. The only dumb ones where on the DS and on Endor. And I don't think the public comes to hate the Jedi. Since once Luke became a jedi the rebels didn't say "Oh he's one of them" and Vader was obviously well respected (Admiral Motti paid for his lack of faith) and no one attacked Obi-Wan once he whipped out his saber on Tatooine and schooled ponda baba (I just sounded like a 12 year old...). But then again, criminals, outcasts and general scum thrived on Tatooine...

Jedi Clint
07-17-2002, 05:10 PM

This is very logical. Dooku planted the seeds of treachery and deception when he told Obi Wan that Sidious controlled the Senate, and the Senate believes that a Jedi skirted procedure and had the clone army created. I would add that the Jedi figure out what's going on and rebel against Palpatine's new Empire. I completely agree with the last sentence!

Master Plo- Koon
07-18-2002, 11:57 AM
One thing to clarify I believe that most of the Clonetroopers will be dying off, and eventually by ANH will be actual recruits instead of clones thats why most stormtroopers look different from eachother. And would also explain that the Kaminoans can no longer get fresh DNA samples from Jango because he is gone.

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 12:13 PM
They don't need to be fresh, though--DNA lasts for millions of years, you know! Besides, all they need is one cell to make several clones--and they'd been getting samples from him for ten years!
So if there are no clonetroopers in the OT, the reason is not that there wasn't enough DNA.

hango fett
07-18-2002, 12:51 PM
well, DNA is everywhere..they could have just used another bpunty hunter DNA...

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 12:56 PM
Yeah, but no bounty hunter was as good as Jango.

billfremore
07-18-2002, 01:00 PM
Actually I think his clone son turns out to be pretty good if not better.

And he managed to keep his head attached. :D

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 02:09 PM
Yes, but his son was killed by a blind man with a stick, if you don't count EU. :D

sunblind
07-31-2002, 01:29 PM
boba i think is better than his dadda was ever. boba was telling his dad what to do sometimes even...

jobi
08-10-2002, 09:22 PM
They could take the exact same DNA from one of the existing clones. The DNA is the same. I personally think that Dooku will tell the other seperatists where they came from and Kamino may be attacked.

Tycho
08-14-2002, 07:46 PM
They clone Harrison Ford! Thus the young Han Solo in the film is a Clone who disobeys an immoral order and instead saves Padme and her children. For his bravery, he incurs the lifelong wrath of Boba Fett, the older boy who thought HE was in charge.

But this clone "takes orders from one person," - himself!

Only Han and Lando's origins haven't been explained (for main characters). We even now know who Qui-Gon's Jedi Master was.

The only possible solution, and the irony of it all when Han says "No mystical energy field controls my destiny" is that he is an ex-clone who ran away. Ironically, he was only conceived because of the Force - or the Sith's attempt to control it, and their starting the Clone Wars. And further irony is that after he ran away from it all, to become a pilot, he rejoined and became an officer. Then for saving Chewbacca, basic morality saved Han. It's the Hero's Journey all over again.

I asked reps from Lucasfilm if Han was a clone (at Comic Con). They seemed unsettled about the question and asked me if I reasoned that out first. I said I did, then asked it again. "You'll see" was the answer.

You know I knew I was a genius all along! :D

HAN IS A CLONE!!!
HAN IS A CLONE!!!
HAN IS A CLONE!!!
HAN IS A CLONE!!!
HAN IS A CLONE!!!

DeadEye
08-15-2002, 11:02 PM
I thought Han was a clone. In EU he was a TIE fighter pilot for the Empire, so it all makes sense if the theory that clonetroopers become Imperial troopers is true. However, I think that Boba's hatred of Han is simply that he hurts his reputation--Boba is the greatest bounty hunter ever, and Han is the only one ever to get away.

Tycho
08-16-2002, 12:48 AM
Even if the EU is "proven true" and Han IS a Clone, that's not why he became a TIE pilot.

Assuming all this to be his life history:

Han is an 11 year old Clone in E3, OR he is a growth accelerated Clone approxiamtely 5 years old whose growth acceleration is dependent upon him remaining with his unit - hormones they feed the clones or something. Since Han should stop aging when he leaves the clones at about age 11, so he can be approx. 29 in ANH.

He leaves and runs away.

Garris Shrike finds him for his child-slavery pool, and the EU perfectly documented in AC Crispin's books happen. As Han escapes slavery to go work for the Hutts, he tries and succeeds getting into the Imperial Academy to become a TIE Pilot.

If the Imperials at the Academy know who and what he is, they wouldn't stop him. They'd get a very skilled officer when he graduated. And they did. Until 4 years later, at 23, when he decided to turn on them and free Chewbacca.

The rest is history. And irony. Han has no idea that the clones were created to serve as pawns in the power struggle between the Jedi and the Sith. Geonosis happened before his time most likely. Or if he's a clone and not growth accelerated, then a different clone army was being created from a Harrison Ford template BEFORE Jango was recruited to donate his DNA!

If my theory is true, there's still more explaining that needs to happen in the 3rd movie with regard to Han Solo!

We will not see him and Chewbacca as partners though. They would not meet for 12 more years after this movie. That's still 6 years before Han meets Luke and Ben though.

Lucas can change what he wants with the continuity, but since he established the guidelines for the EU, I assume that he had this all planned out before he let other writers tell stories, because he told them what they can and cannot do.

Then the EU could stand as cannon, because it was never allowed to negate what's in the movie.

That's different with the BobaFett / Jaster Mureel thing. Lucas never aniticipated Fett's popularity taking off as it did. And he's admitted that influenced him in deciding to make Boba's father the template for the Clones.

Obviously the Clones would need some template. At least this adds a great element to the backstory of a character that's becoming more and more important, ironically, as a result of his popularity reaching him when he was in obscurity.

For "5 proofs of purchase of KENNER action figures," we got all that!

gibbyhayes
08-23-2002, 10:24 AM
Perhaps these clues heve been taunting us for some time. Who gave Han his name (assuming he wasn't born to parents)? Is "Solo" an attempt to be clever, or throw people off the track that he is a clone. Perhaps he re-named himself even.

Think of it - "Han Solo" is a much cooler nametag than "Tom the Clone"!

Discuss...

Tycho
08-23-2002, 01:04 PM
With regards to "attempt to be clever" and the fact that in mythology and 'super-hero lore' each hero is set up to have their "arch enemy" and Boba Fett is that to Han Solo, I think you are right.

Jango's ship's name was not given in AOTC, so we don't know exactly when it became called

"SLAVE 0NE"

and "SOLO" means alone, or one. Together they are single, highly individualistic combatants, fighting their own private war against the backdrop of the larger picture.

Both have highly customized non-conventional ships being used differently than the design was originally intended for.

Obi-Wan "taught" Boba Fett the trick of landing and hiding behind an asteroid. A 14 year old Fett may have introduced this tactic to basic clone training in his advisory of (the Separatists' new clones or the Republic's clones???) and known Han Solo would use it.

Han is a survivalist: (see what to do when your TaunTaun freezes) and he has a thing for the leading lady. In EU, possibly impacting Episode Three, Boba has a thing for Padme. (though he'd like her to be his big sister, or mother or something - the crush isn't a romantic one exactly, but more like "a thing for the baby-sitter."

They cannot be of the same genetic stock. Han can be a clone, but of his father, who is NOT Jango (or Boba for that matter).

All of this set-up makes a lot of sense, like Wolverine versus Sabertoothe, or Batman versus Joker.

Han Solo is one of THE main characters of Star Wars. His "hero's journey" in the mythology is something developed from the 2nd hour of ANH all the way through every movie. It's no accident that he'd be more important than just appearing in the Original Trilogy.

Finally, in mythology, to tell a tale of heroes, it's not important to tell a story that's so realistic that this galaxy is so authentically huge that Luke Skywalker would never meet Han Solo and they'd be two separate Star Wars stories alltogether. That part is not attempting to be realistic (that everyone tied to the Clone Wars ends up on or around Tatooine when R2 takes the plans for the Death Star). It is there for the convenience of telling an interesting adventure with larger than life characters (super-hero almost) who are put into a more gritty, realistic looking environment (aesthetically) and given character flaws (Han's mercenary, Luke's Dark Side) to make them seem as real as they do. That contributes to the realism, so the rest can be poetic justice for the drama (everyone meeting so conveniently).

["The Force"] is what surrounds [them] and penetrates [them] , and binds the galaxy together.

The Overlord Returns
08-23-2002, 01:35 PM
Hans not a clone and he won't be in episode 3.

Chewtobacco
08-23-2002, 09:16 PM
Hans not a clone and he won't be in episode 3.

I couldn't agree more!!!!! Do you think other Imperial Troopers walking around Mos Isley would just let one of their clones walk around town? They'd stop him immediately. He'd be recognized as clearly as a fart in church by the security forces.

The tactic of hiding behind an asteroid, garbage, floating whatever isn't some new tactic and not one that needs to be taught. 4 year olds know that one when playing hide and seek.

This Han the clone thing is a REAL stretch.

Who ever said that Boba Fett was Han's arch enemy? Has it even been proven that Boba Fett and Han have ever met before Bespin? How can that mean they're arch enemies?

Boba is an opportunist. His job is to collect bounties. Arch enemies normally have a personal grudge against eachother and normally have at least one encounter before you can call them enemies. Heck, Boba barely had to do any work to acquire Han.