PDA

View Full Version : Anakin Killing Jedi?

DarthBatman
07-08-2002, 01:03 PM
It's always been my belief that Anakin/Vader would hunt down and kill the Jedi. Even if you don't believe this, he would still have to kill at least one... otherwise, what's the point? Anyway, I was recently thinking. After watching Anakin get his butt kicked by Dooku, how would he have any hope of killing a Jedi Master, let alone thousands of them?

Co Jo-Da
07-08-2002, 01:17 PM
As soon as Anakin kills his first Jedi he becomes Vader but the question is who does he kill and why. I hope it's not Mace because I like the whole Boba Fett angle but I'm not George Lucas...

Jedi Clint
07-08-2002, 01:31 PM
He helped the Empire hunt down and destroy the Jedi. That does not mean he had to lock sabers with even one of them. Not that I believe that is the case. The event that turns Anakin into Vader is the fight that takes place between he and his former master ending with Anakin wearing a life support system. At that point the hate is burned into him. I think the timing will be such that the Jedi become his target when they become the target of the Empire. I could see an Imperial military action beginning at the end of the film focused on destroying remaining Jedi. Even that may be left to our imaginations.

DeadEye
07-08-2002, 03:47 PM
It'll probably be a huge EU thing explaining the destruction of the Jedi. In all likelihood Ep3 will only show the killing off of main characters who aren't in the OT. :D

DarthSetnom
07-09-2002, 02:39 AM
There are more ways to kill a Jedi than lightsaber duels. Anakin is an excellent pilot so he might have a memorable dogfight on a Tie fighter against one (or maybe more) Jedi starfighter.

He could also help destroy some of the most powerful Jedi... no more than two or three.

evenflow
07-09-2002, 04:35 PM
Well, goign back to the whole Mace thing. I think he will betray the council and murder them. So basically if we follow that storyline (and Boba Fett will still get his revenge on Mace), Anakin doesn't have to kill any Jedi. Basically all he has to do is kill Dooku. Once he has done that, he can take his place at Palpatines side. He fully breaks from the Jedi order by battling Obi-Wan. Thats what I think.

DarthSetnom
07-09-2002, 10:16 PM
That sounds a lot more reasonable to me... but maybe it's because i still refuse to believe MW will turn out to be a bad guy.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 11:19 PM
Well, we'll all find out in three years, won't we? :D

pthfnder89
07-10-2002, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by DarthSetnom
That sounds a lot more reasonable to me... but maybe it's because i still refuse to believe MW will turn out to be a bad guy.

I've just never bought the whole Mace-is-a-traitor thing. The only evidence or reasons I've ever read to back this up are along the lines of "He looked like he was thinking something evil" It's just not enough for me. Plus I don't think Sam Jackson would like Lucas to do that to his character. There's just not much point to it.

But as DeadEye said, I guess we'll find out in three years (darn that's a long time...:()

morecow299
07-14-2002, 01:02 AM
has it been three years yet?

Jacen Solo
07-19-2002, 12:04 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
Well, goign back to the whole Mace thing. I think he will betray the council and murder them. So basically if we follow that storyline (and Boba Fett will still get his revenge on Mace), Anakin doesn't have to kill any Jedi. Basically all he has to do is kill Dooku. Once he has done that, he can take his place at Palpatines side. He fully breaks from the Jedi order by battling Obi-Wan. Thats what I think.

That makes since, and Mace and Boba might end up haveing to fight along side each other, and Boba could kill him, which is why Vader tells him no disintegrations in ESB.

jblodgett
07-19-2002, 04:17 PM
What is up with all the Boba Fett talk?

Boba Fett will be like 13 in the next movie.

DeadEye
07-19-2002, 06:06 PM
Lucas already said Boba's role in Ep3 will be no larger than that in Ep2, and that he will not kill anyone.

jet chan
07-19-2002, 06:52 PM
anakin will probaly just help in the extermanation of the jedi by letting the troops know what to look for, and what will lead him down this path is amidala telling him she's pregnant and he freakout so bad he goes to see palpatine for advice who calls for cound dooku, sending anakin into a rage killing dooku then palpatine being the sooth player that he is stops anakin from killing him by telling him that he can take care of all his problems if he helps him kill off the jedi and anakin being not of sound mind says sure and off they go killing a bunch of jedi.:cry: :crazed:

Nebulaz
07-19-2002, 11:07 PM
Originally posted by morecow299
has it been three years yet?

what about now?

Geonosian
07-24-2002, 02:22 AM
I hope Anakin kills thease jedi:
Dooku
Koon
Ki-adi
Fisto and