PDA

View Full Version : Republic Gunship...

Jedi Drew
07-08-2002, 02:33 PM
I know there was probibly another thread about this but....has anyone pre-ordered this from the WM site. I was thinking of doing the pre-order thing since this ship looks kick a@@. I just don't want to get stiffed not seeing it at retail. HH

JEDIpartner
07-08-2002, 03:39 PM
I NEED this ship!!! Here we go again... :rolleyes:

Tycho
07-08-2002, 04:44 PM
I Pre-Ordered 4 of them! :D

I can't wait! I'm really looking forward to this ship!

It could beat the new Slave One for my favorite AOTC ship! (maybe..)

Sith Lord 0498
07-08-2002, 04:49 PM
I wouldn't worry too much, Jedi Drew. As far as I know, the Republic Gunship isn't a store exclusive (although I could be wrong). With that said, I don't think you'll have a problem getting it at retail. "General-release" vehicles usually clog the shelves. Look at how many speeders, Slave 1s, and Jedi Starfighters are filling the store shelves.

Slacker Jedi
07-08-2002, 08:29 PM
No, this vehicle is not an exclusive.
I heard some people had a bad experience pre-ordering this (and the interactive R2) from WM, because their credit cards were charged when they placed the pre-order, as opposed to when the item actually was shipped, as is common in the industry.

Darth Nitwit
07-11-2002, 09:15 PM
I really want this ship, but I don't have a credit card to preorder it. How much will it be?

Tycho
07-11-2002, 10:37 PM
About $40.00 each. Walmart might let you start a layaway for it in one of their stores? I'm not sure how that works. If they won't let you, at least you might meet a manager there that will see how much you want it and hold one when it arrives.

I'm sure the stores will continue to stock this item, but only get like 4 to 6 at a time. That's not good considering there will be occasions when collectors like myself will come in and buy all they have if we know we're using like 4 of them.

I already bought Jedi and clonetroopers for each ship.

However, for others, this will be a lot of cash to shell out and they will get 1 at a time, or only 1 period. For any of us, storing this large of vehicle will not be convenient. I'm still uncertain how well it will fit in my glass cases I use to build my dioramas.

With snowspeeders, for my Battle of Hoth diorama (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=11&search_and_display_db_button=yes) I could only hang 2 flying (not a whole Rogue Squadron). There was barely enough room to set it up so that there's no way for Hobbie's snowspeeder to hit Wedge's (on the lead) if Rogue 4 acquired a target and decided to fire. I did manage to get a third speeder in there (Luke's crashed) but not flying!

And with ATAT's, only 1 in spite of having access to them during the $10.00 sale at TRU way back when. I bought one more, but it didn't fit so I traded it to a friend for an electronic Boba Fett 12" which he got on sale. So I used a vintage ATST and a probe droid to give the Empire more - plus my Imperial ground troops.

Anyway, I've heard the Republic Gunship is big!

My plan is to do 2 Battle for Geonosis displays with Gunships. I'm not totally sure how I'll set this up until I size them personally. But I wanted the secondary Jedi being picked up on one, and all Clone Troopers with the extended gunpods on another. That will be when the majority of the heroes are still in the Arena Battle - kind of fighting their way to a pick-up spot. It'll have to be a collage of scenes, because I don't have room to do this step-by-step.

The second scene will be the large ground battle and Yoda's ship will have Mace, Ki-Adi Mundi, and Kit Fisto aboard. Obi-Wan's ship will have Anakin and Padme on it, possibly pursuing Dooku on his speederbike with Geonosian fighters protecting him.

Did anyone notice Jedi Starfighters flying in that battle? I thought I did now. It looks like I'll have to get another fighter and put (Adi Gallia?) in one. I know according to the game, that's where she and her former apprentice Siri Taichi were - both women were flying Jedi Starfighters. Siri later used hers to track the orphaned Boba Fett and head him off on his return to Kamino (as the EU book describes).

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 10:46 PM
How many Clone troopers and Jedi do you plan on using?

I would really like to do a big diorama with Gunships, with one deploying Clones on the ground, a 2nd deploying Jedi and Clones, and a third on the ground deploying Speeder-Bikes plus 2 hung up with one Gunship with the troop platform being deployed onto the ground and the other being a squad going elsewhere. According to the gunship info, it'll hold 10 Figures plus the two pilots, one speeder bike and the two bubble cannons with for the pilots. So that's 50 Clone Troopers right there, though some wouldn't be there, but thered still be alot on the ground around the Gunships. Alot of Droids to buy for the Battle. :eek:

I didn't notice any Jedi Starfighters in the movie, but they would add to a Battle field diorama I think. Especially with some possibly landed and/or crashed ones.

Tycho
07-11-2002, 11:10 PM
This is a tough call.

I bought 25 sneakpreview Clone Troopers, and I think I have about 9-10 Red Clone sub-commanders. Iwant more neutrally posed, articulated white, regular clonetroopers. That I'd buy a lot of!

I'll probably buy about 9 yellow guys. Maybe 3 speederbikers.

I don't think the speederbike will fit WITH a lot of troops on board.

Also if the bubbles are deployed, you may not be able to see all your figures inside.

Meanwhile, I think I'll have possibly only 1 speederbike on board and pretend my other two have launched.

Ship 1: Yoda, Mace, Ki Adi Mundi, Kit Fisto, possibly up to 6 Clones including ones on the guns and red ones specicifically (to conserve my ground troops).

Ship 2: Obi-Wan, Anakin, Padme, possibly up to 6 Clones including ones on the guns and red ones specicifically (to conserve my ground troops).

Ship 3: Luminara, Plo Koon, Nikto Jedi, Clones... (not sure if this is right)

Ship 4: Shaak-Ti, Eeth Koth, SeaSee Tiin, Clones... (not sure if this crew is right either...)

Shoot: I better get a 5th Gunship and more Clones!!!

I bought about 20 Super Battle Droids for this assault, and have about 9 regular droids.

If they make the AT-TE and the Hailfire wheel droids, Spider Droids, etc, that will all take up a lot of room in any display.

I also bought Trade Federation fighters to go in the air, and hope to then include Adi Galia in a Jedi Starfighter and add some Geonosian Starfighters so the Republic isn't the only one to have stuff in the air.

The Battle for Geonosis has the potential to make one of the most impressive battle dioramas in the history of collecting!

Jedi Drew
07-12-2002, 08:19 AM
So does the speeder-bike come with the gunship or is Hasbla gonna take more of our money and make us buy it as an extra?????:confused: :confused: HH

Lt Kettch
07-12-2002, 09:39 AM
I pre ordered mine, no problems yet, i can't wait, i'm thinking about picking up another one when they hit shelves too. and btw, the speeder bike is with the deluxe clone trooper.

Lt Kettch
07-12-2002, 09:40 AM
and also i think its interesting how hasbro has evolved, what used to be considered a vehicle with a small vehicle with pack in figure is now a deluxe figure with large accessory IE: Speeder Bike w/ Imperial Scout Trooper becomes...... Deluxe Clone Trooper w/ Speeder Bike

billfremore
07-12-2002, 10:11 AM
Holy cow Tycho!

How big is your house that you can fit all of these dioramas!?!

SNAYSON
07-12-2002, 10:19 AM
i definitly want to get 2 republic gun ships! would like to have 4 but 2 will do for now. i want to get about 5 clonetrooper/speedere bike set. can't wait for them to come out!

JrJedi
07-12-2002, 10:21 AM
I pre-ordered mine from KEBco Toys. They do not have it listed on their pre-order page, I think they only allowed their "One Of Every Figure" club members to order it. BUT - I'll bet if you asked or even just placed an order and in the comments section say you want the gun ship, I'll bet they will take your order. At least it is another place you have a chance in getting one.:D

Tycho
07-12-2002, 11:31 AM
Originally posted by billfremore
Holy cow Tycho!

How big is your house that you can fit all of these dioramas!?!

I just have a 2 bedroom-2 bath apartment. Only Classic scenes have room to stay standing with the exception of my Gungan Battle which is temporarily set up in a case like those shown for my other dioramas but is in my fairly large country kitchen.

I didn't want SW overkill, so I originally conceived of putting these display cases in 2 to a room. They go flat against a wall and only stick out 1 3/4 of a foot. I test my Episode One dioramas as I will do with my E2 ones once I get my gunships and playsets.

Eventually, I want a 4 bedroom house with country kitchen, dining room, living room, family room similar to the one I grew up in. I'll use every room and put 2-3 (maybe up to 4) displays in each room. Double-count that to include the 12". I'm likely going to have to convert a 3-car garage into 2 additional rooms and park my truck on the driveway so that I get some more space. I'll save the last spot so I can pull in my other vehicle. But this is my hobby when I'm at home - or at least it would be when I'd have the room to build more dioramas. I want to only have toys I open, and recreate the movie with. Once I get a figure into a cool pose I like, I try to never move it again and get him and all his friends set up like they're in battle. It's hard to figure out what to buy, how to set it up, plan it all, do the design and artwork, get them all to stand, as well as do all kinds of other creative things with them. I wouldn't do it if it were easy.

Earning the money to qualify for a house is not as easy. But I have to come home to somewhere after working, might as well be my castle, just the way I want it!

That's my dream anyway.

billfremore
07-12-2002, 11:34 AM
I think my girlfriend would like to visit your house.

She's always trying to get me to set up my stuff like that too, we just don't have room. But like you once the house come along it will be in almost every room.

Tycho
07-12-2002, 11:50 AM
I think I'd love to have a girlfriend like yours. As it stands, I'm planning to buy a house to live in alone, as I live alone now.

Depending upon whether I ever marry or have a girlfriend around long enough that I'd consider living with her, well the chances are slim that she'd like SW. There's more to my personality and interests than SW and I usually don't meet girls that are in to it.

As long as there are other aspects to my relationship that keeps it going, if it goes that far, she'll get half the rooms and her say in it. If she appreciates my ambition about this whole project, I'll still get the whole house.

In the final outlook on it, I'm the one that's earning the dough for the home and closing escrot on it. So it'll be my house. But I'm willing to sacrafice only for quality in my relationships.

LTBasker
07-12-2002, 12:41 PM
Tycho, might try getting pool tables for some bigger field dioramas. They're quite big, and usually expensive but if you can find an old one cheap that is just the table alone then you could fill in the holes with possibly sculpey then put some down that covers the whole inner part of the table then you can get train diorama modeling terrain to cover that to set up a fairly nicely sized diorama.

I think someone like that with just the holes filled in would be great for a Naboo Battlefield dio since the green on the table could double as the Naboo grass. Plus you've got those sides so it wouldn't be easy for figures to fall onto the floor. :cool: I think you could fit 2-3 into an adverage sized room.

pthfnder89
07-12-2002, 02:31 PM
Originally posted by Tycho
I think I'd love to have a girlfriend like yours. As it stands, I'm planning to buy a house to live in alone, as I live alone now.

Depending upon whether I ever marry or have a girlfriend around long enough that I'd consider living with her, well the chances are slim that she'd like SW. There's more to my personality and interests than SW and I usually don't meet girls that are in to it.

I couldn't have said it better Tycho. As much as I love Star Wars there are just too many other parts of my life that are more important, particularly when building a relationship. It IS important that she be ok with my SW hobbies obviously since it;s a big part of my life, but it's a slim chance that she herslef would be as big a fan as I am. And that's fine with me.

My current gf had never seen any of the Star Wars movies when we stared dating a year and a half ago (I know I was shocked when she first told me that.) It's strange because she had known about my collection and my obsession with StarWars since our second date but she didn't tell me this until aout 4 months into our relationship. But that actually turned out to be great because she was really interested in seeing them and I got to introduce her to Star Wars.:) How often do you find someone who's never seen the movies?

Anyway she enjoyed them a lot, particularly Yoda, and she doesn't mind my collecting at all so it's all good.:)

*suddenly remembers this is a topic about the Republic Gunship*

Oh, yes...I will definitely need at least two of these to open. I'd like to get one to keep boxed but I don't think my bank account will permit it. I've been wanting this one more than any other vehicle so far, speeders, Slave 1, Jedi Starfighter etc... The only other vehicle I've been waiting for with this much anticipation was the Tie Bomber. It turned out to be one of the top 3 Star Wars vehicles ever so I hope this one does as well.:)

Darth forb1us
07-12-2002, 06:24 PM
Very nice Tycho :)
I hope to setup such displays in the future, as it is right now I only have a 1bdroom apt, that houses my girlfriend and I.
I have 2 hutch shelves, as well as 3 glass stereo cabnets, a glass bookshelf finishes the toy-displayers

however, the hutch's display tranformers, heman and some final fantasy characters. so far I havent opened any AOTC, but I plan to start buying dupes in masses soon (have a few, but not enough :stupid: )

perhaps I'll start to draw up some scenes in preperation for the future =)

Tycho
07-12-2002, 07:23 PM
Wow! I have a lot to respond to everyone who's posted! Here goes...

LT BASKER: If I ever have room for a pool table - I'd actually use it to play pool! How cool would a pool room be (for all those who don't have one)???

In California, there is also the dryness issue that really contributes to dust. I intend to keep all my scenes in fixtures, or when I build my (square) Sarlaac Battle diorama in some kind of kitchen table sized display box, I intend for it to be entirely enclose. Once you set up a diorama, characters shooting at each other, talking to each other, kissing or whatever, must actually be Looking at each other to begin with. When you first set something up, it's all well and good to make it perfect. But then you want to move on. Cleaning is a pain in the butt, because instead of constantly resetting Cloud City or Echo Base (2 of my worst dust problems) I'd rather be building Otah Gunga or the Arena Battle and moving on to something new. The pool table in California, with its felt surface, would be a terrible dust magnet. I'm not sure how it is in Oklahoma, but it's a consideration if you live out west.

The pool table idea is a really good one if the Battle of Naboo is your favorite scene, but you can also enjoy doing smaller representative scenes. Like my Hoth, only fits 1 AT-AT, but doesn't take up too much room against the wall - sticking out only 18 inches. But it's about 3.5 feet tall and 6 feet long and does look good to me. In a similar case, the Battle of Naboo would have difficulty fitting an MTT if they ever made one, but 1 Tank and 1 Faamba suffice for the larger stuff - and save me money. It still took 15 battle droids and 9 Gungans etc. which is more than you can line up on an Ultarama in that kind of formation with a Tank and everything. (though I like Ultaramas for smaller scenes).

PATHFNDER89 - always meant to ask you if that's what you drive. That's what I drive - white 2-door sport model 4x4...

Anyway, I always find girls who haven't seen any of the movies. The title: Wars and violent or action orientated tendancies are not what draws many ladies to the theater. They'll go for heart-throbs if they have a thing for Ewan or Hayden, but they aren't established "ladies' things" like Brad Pitt I guess. But I find girls think about sex, or at least motivations along that line (relationships, love or whatever) more than we do. Given a choice between a license to kill and going shoe shopping, I'd take the AT-ST right through the shoe store! (Try these feet on for size!)
But I've got a little too much "Anakin Skywalker" in me!

I do have some lady-friends who like Star Wars. Either I met them online or at conventions, or they have boyfriends who took them to see the movies. Worst case is that they see how into I am, and pretend to like it just because... I prefer honesty.

Anyway, most of the girls I know like things like Jake Lloyd and JarJar Binks - things us guys cringe at. More power to them if they can go with me to the movie and find something they enjoy in it though. But they're the same ones that ask why didn't Qui-Gon try to talk it out with Darth Maul and settle on an agreement or something :rolleyes: (I'm there like yeah! Stab 'em through the heart! Now cut him into ribbons Obi-Wan!! Blood! Blood! Blood!)
I just don't say that out loud ;)

DARTH FORB1US: thanks for the compliments! I draw my dioramas out on paper before I build them, too. I usually just write the names of the characters I'd use instead of draw them, but I draw the vehicles and the buildings, scenery set-ups, whatever else I'm putting in there. (So then I take the character names down and write out a shopping list).

I try to figure out all the dioramas I want to make before toys are released. Like I haven't found Ki-Adi Mundi as of the day I'm writing this post, but I know I can use 6 of his figure and where they'll go. So I just finish with Ki-Adi Mundi, like I did with Geonosians etc. That's why in other cases I don't buy resculpts. Like Han with Detonators or Chewie with Threepio. I've customized these figures from older ones and am quite satisfied. So I'd rather spend my $$$ on making my armies of clones.

I suggest that you do the same. There's no reason to pay secondary market prices because you find out later that you need more army builders or whatever. K-Mart is going to have a $3.99 sale soon I think. Sounds like a good time to buy like 10-20 Super Battle Droids.

All my Episode One stuff and E2 stuff are in boxes for storing. I am test-setting E2 scenes to know "do I need 9 or 10 droids in this scene?" etc. and because it's fun and new, but my Classic Scenes are finished nicely, so I won't take them down - I just add Teebo and Endor soldiers and I have a space saved specifically for General Rieeken in hopes they make him.

So there's plenty of years left in this hobby for me to have fun with.

Old Fossil
07-12-2002, 08:32 PM
Well said all round, Tycho.

My wife and I recently moved from our 1 bedroom apartment into a 2 bedroom house that has a study, dining room, living room, kitchen, and outside storage shed. I.e., much more room for Star Wars and her Barbies. I can't wait to put up my dioramas in the study; all my stuff is still in boxes! Argh!!!

Tycho
07-13-2002, 12:22 AM
Moving for me is going to be a nightmare:

1) I have to photograph my existing dioramas from every "un-cool" angle so that I can set it up exactly the way I have it now.

2) Fragile things like buildings in Mos Eisley might break, and I'll spend easily $100 to remake it and then hours of my time doing just that. Plus any time I remake it, I'll improve on it with new ideas I get all over again. I still think I WILL NOT use the new Cantina sets to build my bar. I like mine the way it is. I painted it and used aluminum foil "ironed" really smoothe to make a metallic look to behind the counter drink glass shelf.

3) I have my figures separated by scenes, so there's a lot of boxes. For example, for E2 I have a box that says Jedi Council - there's 8 figures in there now, but I hope to add an Anakin and Obi-Wan when they make them, as well as figures like Oppo Rancisis and Depa Billaba. Another says Padme's apartment, - and still 1 more of both Anakin and Obi-Wan go in there, with the assasin droid, Captain Typho, R2D2, and a Padme they haven't made yet either (plus I can only hope for Dorme' too). -Oh, and Representative Binks of course! If I can 3-D it well, I'll have Jango meeting Zam outside the window (on another building). But this will be a small scene. The still-carded figures fit in a shoe box basically, some scenes like the galactic senate have so many carded figures or things like Watto's Box Seats boxed, that I use these big boxes from my grocery store that they receive lettuce in (so long as the boxes aren't damp). So there's a lot to move, but it's easier to check if my future scenes' ingredients are complete.
For episode 1 for example, I think I needed like close to 20 Anakin, Obi-Wan's, or Qui-Gon's. For this reason I appreciated the resculpts, since it allowed me to use different figures in different scenes. Otherwise, I regularly grumble about not getting new characters out of Hasbro (when resculpts happen).

4) My rooms will have all these boxes each sitting in them for months until I can tend to each room and make my new displays. Plus furnish and decorate the rooms. They will have beds in them for guests, or my office stuff for my working (or constant posting on this message board) etc. Plus my art, or paintings and photos I buy that fit the room themes. Why make it Star Wars? Why not make these environments like southwestern style for a desert look? Some people do their whole house like that and add Indian dream catchers, cactus, adobe pottery, etc. Why not do something like that for a room and put in your Tatootine stuff and make each diorama look like a terranium. That's what I do.

Green Room: Endor, Naboo plains, Theed, Yavin IV

Olive Room: Naboo Swamp, Dagobah

Tan Room 1: Classic Tatooine from ANH and ROTJ

Tan Room 2: Prequel Tatooine from TPM and AOTC

White Room: Hoth and Cloud City mainly, almost all dedicated to ESB

White Hall: small scenes from Kamino, Federation, and Mon Cal Cruiser

Black Room: This will be my audio/video big screen / high tech theater room and be decorated with all things Death Star, Star Destroyer, or Coruscant related.

Star Trek Room: I collected all all the Playmates plastic carded figures and the ships they fit in / playsets too - and they can't be in a SW room, but I'll separate Classic from TNG, DS9, Voyager, and the new stuff I plan to buy from Enterprise. This is a good candidate to go in the garage or a small guest room (for guests that like Star Trek).

Anyway, you can see I'd use 4 bedrooms, a living room, entertainment room, dining room, and even the garage to do this.
The question is: if I can earn good money after college, do I have anything better to do with my earnings if this is my dream? When I'm done I will give to charities and I always continue to volunteer for my community. The few rewards I want out of life for just myself are that great girlfriend I haven't met - who might one day become more than just my girl, my jet boat and ocean toys I want, and this house with all my stuff "museum-ed" for Star Wars. When the line (if the line) starts dying out in a year or so after the last movie, I can contribute more to buying display cases etc rather than watch the budget for the affording of armies of figures.

I still vacation, travel, go out for nice evenings, and pay to play team sports - but Star Wars is what credit cards were made for! ;) I need the "Jedi MASTERCARD" - "the Force is everywhere you want to be."

Getting a real life - attainable.

Climbing the career ladder - workable.

Having your entire living quarters a museum to Star Wars - there's no way to tell how any individual would value that; so it's priceless!

LTBasker
07-13-2002, 01:15 AM
Wow! I have a lot to respond to everyone who's posted! Here goes...

LT BASKER: If I ever have room for a pool table - I'd actually use it to play pool! How cool would a pool room be (for all those who don't have one)???

In California, there is also the dryness issue that really contributes to dust. I intend to keep all my scenes in fixtures, or when I build my (square) Sarlaac Battle diorama in some kind of kitchen table sized display box, I intend for it to be entirely enclose. Once you set up a diorama, characters shooting at each other, talking to each other, kissing or whatever, must actually be Looking at each other to begin with. When you first set something up, it's all well and good to make it perfect. But then you want to move on. Cleaning is a pain in the butt, because instead of constantly resetting Cloud City or Echo Base (2 of my worst dust problems) I'd rather be building Otah Gunga or the Arena Battle and moving on to something new. The pool table in California, with its felt surface, would be a terrible dust magnet. I'm not sure how it is in Oklahoma, but it's a consideration if you live out west.

Yeah, dust is pretty bad out here too. Although as I mentioned, you could cover up the felt also.

I can understand the idea of wanting to encase them, that would be a nice thing to do. I've got two rooms (one was originally my room, but then I moved into the extra room because my sister is going to college for a few years and someday, hopefully I had a plan on building a room long shelf in my "collection" room which would be one long shelf all around the room with dividers set up to divide multiple scenes. I could also put packages inside the shelves also. Would most likely put angled pieces over the floor vents though, so it wouldn't get too hot and dry in the room during summer. Dunno what to do about dust though, we get so much dust here that it makes lightbulbs opaque. ;) Could try having no windows in the rooms and zacuum sealing the room... :crazed:

stillakid
07-13-2002, 10:38 AM
TYCHO:

This is more of a Mid-West thing than SoCal, but have you considered buying a house with a barn/workshop (or equivalent) out back? That's what I'm hoping to do, only back East somewhere where the property prices aren't so prohibitive. My goal is to put up displays "out there" so that the house can be the house, and I have free reign over the collection without having to jockey around furniture and other necessary stuff.

Tycho
07-13-2002, 10:51 AM
I don't think it would be big enough for my displays, Stillakid, plus I like them very separated so that there's not too much to look at. Just like 2-3 things in a room, so you go in there and appreciate those singular things more. Any smaller scenes would relate to the bigger ones. Like the bacta tank stuff can go in a window box near my Battle of Hoth and not be too distracting.

But I don't want the Battle of Endor anywhere near it.

So suffice it to say, it can work for some (look at NiubNiub's basement!) but it wouldn't work for me.

Plus I prefer the furniture. I can lie down in my guestroom or sit at my desk as I am now, and view my Mos Eisley spaceport / cantina set up or Beggar's Canyon. It's not TOO overkill, but more space to spread it all out would help them all look even better.

It's a good suggestion for many people though.

Jason B
07-14-2002, 06:45 PM
I know what you mean, Tycho, this is my first movie that I'm seriously into the figures, and I'm ready to set up some serious scenes. ;)
I have, 2 Massifs, 2 Geonosian Warriors, Nexu, Deluxe Anakin, Acklay, Final Battle Jango, and Hangar Duel Anakin. (plus Endor Chewie, and metal peg Besbin Luke, but those aren't from AOTC. ;))
I can't wait til I get some more cash, and I can start setting up more stuff. :(
Got a question: If I used a paper-towel tube to represent the pillars in the arena, would it be to scale?

NiktosRule
07-14-2002, 07:43 PM
Tycho Luminari got on the gunship with Shaak, Saessee, and Eeth or one of the unknown Jedi guys just to let you know for your dioramas. Plo got on the gunship with Jedi that don't have toys yet. The Nikto didn't make it but for the purposes of your diorama and lack of jedi it makes sense to display him.

Tycho
07-14-2002, 11:15 PM
JASON B. - paper towel tubes would work just fine. I don't think the diameter of those execution polls were much greater than the body width of the onscreen characters. It's a great and very inexpensive way to create your set deco (with a little painting).

Are you going to buy the Arena Playset? It comes with more pillars I think, just in case. It will be $39.99 at Wal*Mart, so that's not exorbinant (though it's the price of your Nexu, Acklay, and Deluxe figures combined...)

NIKTOSRULE: I think I read that you posted somewhere that you downloaded the movie? Not sure, but one of our guys did. That's a great way to tell.

So let me get this right:

Shaak-Ti
SaeSee Tiin
Eeth Koth
Luminara Unduli

Yoda
Mace
Ki-Adi Mundi
Kit Fisto

Anakin
Obi-Wan
Padme

Plo Koon

each in their group on a gunship.

Now if some of these Jedi died in the Battle for Geonosis, when? In the final ground battle?

The Council chairs missing....

Oh this screws with my head!

LTBasker
07-14-2002, 11:19 PM
It looked like the one with Eeth on it was the one that we see get blown up as when/just after they leave the Arena. Can't remember correctly though.

I just plan on doing what I'm happy with though, cause it'd be a little too difficult for total movie accurateness.

Jason B
07-15-2002, 12:36 PM
Are you going to buy the Arena Playset? It comes with more pillars I think, just in case. It will be $39.99 at Wal*Mart, so that's not exorbinant (though it's the price of your Nexu, Acklay, and Deluxe figures combined...)

I'm not sure yet. I'll have to see it before I decide. When's it supposed to come out?

pthfnder89
07-15-2002, 02:28 PM
PATHFNDER89 - always meant to ask you if that's what you drive. That's what I drive - white 2-door sport model 4x4...

It was for the first 5 years of my driving career. I've found a kindred spirit! I loved that car, even though it was slower than molasses and was as aerodynamic as a shoebox. *sniff* We took it down to my dad's ranch where it's living free on the range:D

Check this out Tycho; my '89 pathfinder was also a white, 2 door sport model 4x4! And the styling was vastly preferable to the 4 door IMO.

Speaking of my dads Ranch, he just finished building the house there and he put in a really cool pool table. That's been a dream of mine for as long as I can remember; pool is just one of those games you can play for hours and not get tired of it (even if you suck like yours truly:frus:)

One thing I've noticed is I'm amazed at how much room you need for it. My dad's is upstairs in this HUGE bunkroom with what seems like plenty of room all around, but you still wind up bumping the cue against a window and such.

LTBasker - I'm hard at work on my army of Custom Jedi to load onto my Gunships when I get them.:) I'm also repainting my Red Clonetroopers demote them to plain white to fit in with my 3 Preview versions.:)

yodajedimaster01
07-15-2002, 02:40 PM
Tycho- Do you have any pictures of your diaramas? They sound really cool and I'd love to see them.

Tycho
07-15-2002, 03:13 PM
Yoda, I'm pretty sure I posted this link to my dioramas from SirSteve's old pages (http://209.197.117.27/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=11&search_and_display_db_button=yes) and here's a link to my blockade runner prototype (http://www.figures.com/databases/action.cgi?setup_file=sscollections2.setup&category=starwars&topic=32&post_num=1&search_and_display_db_button=yes) . Thanks for your interest.

Pathfnder - sounds like while off-roading to a country club pool hall as we're talking Star Wars around a game of 8-ball, we'd get along just fine! If I'm ever going back to Texas, I'll let you know. Do likewise if you're coming to San Diego for Comic Con (it's Aug 1-4 this year).

Jason B., the Arena will be out??? Either August or in the fall. I think probably closer to those Labor Day and Thanksgiving Day sales. Not sure. You can pre-order it from Wal*Mart with about $5 in shipping fees only, and not worry about it. But I hear you: you want to see something before you buy it. Me? I'm confident I can return it to Wal*Mart if I don't like it. Somehow I doubt that. However, when I get it, I'll post a review.

But by X-mas we'll have Imperial Shuttles, Arena Playsets, and Republic gunships! How cool is that???!!!

yodajedimaster01
07-15-2002, 06:19 PM
Wow those diaramas are great. I want to make an arena one too when the ships and the playset come out but I'm having no luck finding any preview clone troopers.

Tycho
07-15-2002, 08:36 PM
I bought 25 Preview Clones but I don't think it will be enough.

Plus, I'm hoping that Hasbro will release a new, non-preposed one, that's highly articulated.

I know the deluxe will be all white, but how many speederbikes do you need? I'll just use 3 so thats how many I'm going to purchase. But the figure might be made to be this articulate type that could be re-released on a standard card if he doesn't have the superwide pelvis associated with most biker figures. But the Swoop pilot did not. So....

Jason B
07-15-2002, 10:34 PM
Jason B., the Arena will be out??? Either August or in the fall. I think probably closer to those Labor Day and Thanksgiving Day sales. Not sure. You can pre-order it from Wal*Mart with about $5 in shipping fees only, and not worry about it. But I hear you: you want to see something before you buy it. Me? I'm confident I can return it to Wal*Mart if I don't like it. Somehow I doubt that. However, when I get it, I'll post a review.

I'll be on the lookout for it, both the playset, and your review. :cool: