PDA

View Full Version : 12" Jango Fett - (merged)

Megs 2
04-25-2002, 10:52 AM
I just ordered the 12" Jango Fett from Amazon.com/TRU website. Since I couldn't find any 12" figs of Anakin & Clone Troopers I also ordered them as well. Jango was priced @ I believe $34.99 & the other 2 for $19.99 each. Thanks SSG for the update.

JediBoulton
04-25-2002, 11:23 AM
I hope that while you were ordering -- you picked up the TRU EXCLUSIVE Mace Windu ?!?!?!

Wonderboy
04-25-2002, 11:24 AM
No doubt! The 12" Mace is probably the BEST of the bunch! Very nice fig!
The Jango is cool because of the removable armor and what not, but his legs look like they are WAY too short. Kinda hokey if you ask me...Emanuelle Lewis as Jango Fett. UGH

The True Maul
05-12-2002, 11:51 AM
I went to Kmart this morning looking for the ultimate Jango Fett because it was in the paper that they had it,I went straight to the toy section there were no Episode 2 things. Then I went to where they had the toy set up and I was looking all over no Ultimate Jango Fett. So I went to the Custmer service desk and they said they didn't have it and woudn't get it for three or four weeks :eek: and she also said that no other Kmart would have it:eek: So I said to her how can you put something in the ads and not have she said they put it in there to pre order and she then said I don't know anymore about It.

So don't always trust those ads!!!!

Forhekset
05-12-2002, 12:48 PM
No ultimate Jango yet? That thing is a major pegwarmer in my area.

Lord Tenebrous
05-12-2002, 12:55 PM
The flyers don't account for 100% of the stores. Depending on store sales and the issue of store closings, your store might not have received the item yet (they could be behind schedule shipping as well)

Then again, I've never seen a customer service representative who had the entire store stock dedicated to memory.

kadamontaga
05-12-2002, 01:10 PM
Can someone please explain the difference between the electronic jango and the one with the firing backpack? Which one is Ultimate?
Also, how do they look? I haven't got any 12" figures, but i'm thinking of getting this one.
Which one is pictured in the Tokyo toy thing on the homepge?

Thanks a lot

Forhekset
05-12-2002, 01:56 PM
Oh wait, duh. You said ULTIMATE, not Deluxe. Whoops. The Deluxe is the thing warming pegs. I saw a Kmart flyer this morning that had the Ultimate Jango in it too. But as far as I know every Kmart in my area is getting closed down so I doubt they would be getting any new stock in. So, no point in looking there....

kadamontaga, the Deluxe Jango is the "electronic" one, with snap on armor and sounds. Jango Fett Kamino Escape has a firing backpack, he's a regular figure. Here's a link to the one True Maul was talking about.

http://systems.figures.com/gallery/album22/acd

Looks basically like a 12" figure but with snap on armor and accessories. Pretty cool.

The True Maul
05-12-2002, 02:11 PM
Thanks Forhekset! For posting the pic!

Wonderboy
05-12-2002, 02:25 PM
I have the Ultimate Jango Fett...I got it @ Toys R Us. It's out. And it's cool. By far the coolest star wars fig of ANY size yet

NesteaFett
05-12-2002, 02:46 PM
"Wonderboy, what is the secret to your powers...
Wonderboy, won't you take me far away from this mucky muck!"

Ok, just had to say it. TENACIOUS D ROCKS!

kadamontaga
05-12-2002, 03:57 PM
So let me get this straight...
In the 12 inch line there are going to be 2 Jangos released? I'm really not clear on this, could someone please sort it out for me.

The pictures I've seen online show two different lay-outs in the packaging. One of them has the figure's armour layed out to the right of the figure, and the other has the amour layed out to the figure's left. Which one is which?

Please understand I'm not talking about the 3-4" line.

derek
05-12-2002, 04:09 PM
yes, there will be 2 12 inch jango fetts.

the standard 12 inch figure, released in a big box like the 100th luke and an electronic one like electronic qui-gon and darth maul. there will also be an electronic 12 inch obi-wan.

check the sir steve picture archive. it's all in there.:)

The True Maul
05-12-2002, 09:06 PM
Did anybody actually get the Ultimate Jango Fett or see it?

DarthMaulSithLord
05-12-2002, 09:09 PM
Does that mean the electronic Jango will be out of proportion with the rest of the bunch just like the E1 Electronics were in comparison to the regular E1 12 inchers?

:)

Forhekset
05-12-2002, 09:35 PM
Well, the deluxe electronic Jango is the same size as the other deluxe figs, 3 3/4". He's just a little bulkier with his snap on armor added. The Ultimate Jango appears to be the same size as the other AOTC 12".

derek
05-12-2002, 10:20 PM
Forhekset,

we're talking 12 inch not 3 inch figures here.:)

here is the ultimate 12 inch jango:

derek
05-12-2002, 10:21 PM
and here is the electronic 12 inch jango, and yes it will probably be out of scale with other 12 inch figure.:)

Forhekset
05-12-2002, 10:41 PM
Doh, I didn't know they were making a 12" electronic Jango :sur:

Dang, there sure are a ton of different versions of Jango already. The movie isn't even out yet.

Wonderboy
05-13-2002, 02:09 AM
The True Maul: Yep, I got it on Saturday. A few others that post on the L.A. section of this board have gotten it as well...but it's still SUPER hard to get. They JUST started shipping from what I understand.

LTBasker
05-13-2002, 02:39 AM
I plan on getting the 12" Ultimate Jango and an Obi-Wan and I hope to find 12" E1 Obi or Qui cloak to put on Obi-Wan for the rain duel sequence.

Megs 2
05-13-2002, 11:05 AM
I already pre-ordered the 12" ultimate Jango on Amazon.com. Release date I believe is June 16th, 17th or 18th. The total price I believe $45 (whew). Maybe I should get a rain check @ K-mart & cancel my amazon order.

Megs 2
05-15-2002, 10:02 AM
I'm sorry if this was posted before (I couldn't find it here). I just cancelled my Ultimate Jango Fett from Amazon.com. The price including s/h totaled I believe $45. So is this the same figure that K-mart has advertised in this weeks flyer? If so then I will place a rain check for this item. Any helpful info would be appreciated, thank u.

ConvergeDW
05-15-2002, 12:24 PM
It most certainly is. Someone posted yesterday that they got a price match at a TRU for it, saving 10 bucks. I did the same this morning, so if your Tru has them you may want to look into that.

Megs 2
05-15-2002, 01:16 PM
Thanks ConvergeDW, I live in the RI/MA area so I will check my local TRU's Thurs 16th after I see ATOC. Hopefully if the employees r helpful (which they should be, it's their job) I can find out when they will get another shipment of AOTC assortment.

jeffgarcia
05-22-2002, 02:50 AM
Why is everyone going crazy at Ebay for the 12 inch Jango Fett figures?

You can't find it for less than $70 at Ebay!

Does the demand exceed the supply? Is it really that rare or are some people really stupid?

Is it possible to buy it at a reasonable price between $20 and $30?

Has the figure been released yet or will it be released in June?

Will there be a 12 inch Jango released in the future similar to the Anakin, Obi, Clone Trooper, and Windu 12 inchers?

DarthBrandon
05-22-2002, 03:07 AM
Don't get caught up in the B.S. on Ebay, this figure will be out very soon so be patient. The people buying these figures cannot wait till June so they get a little nuts when they see them on Evil Bay. It was like this for the Dooku wave also, I just waited it out untill it arrived at my local toys store and I bought only what I needed and saved the rest for others. They will be plentifull.

P.S. If you can't find one later, get a hold of me and I'll see what I can do.

BespinRunt
05-22-2002, 07:36 AM
Ulimate Jango *is* out already. I saw him about two weeks ago in a NYC TRU (Union Square). 40 bucks for the set, but he's got so many pieces of removable clothing and armor, its absolutely amazing. Well worth the 70 bucks they're going for on E-Bay.

But they are in stores, and only an idiot *would* pay the E-Bay price when a little patience will score them one at a regular store for retail prive.

Brett3xmvpfavre
05-22-2002, 09:39 AM
yeah i saw him last weekend and did not get him *bangs head on table* he was gone when i went back.

jblodgett
05-22-2002, 09:51 AM
Is this an exclusive figure?

Or one I could go buy at Wal-mart?

InsaneJediGirl
05-22-2002, 01:28 PM
Originally posted by jblodgett
Is this an exclusive figure?

Or one I could go buy at Wal-mart?

Its not exclusive..since the WM and K-mart sale papers both had Jango advertised.:D

jobi
05-22-2002, 05:17 PM
I saw them at KM last night for $34.99

Darth Cruel
05-22-2002, 07:17 PM
I bought one at a K-Mart. It was on sale already and I got it for 32.99 (plus Tax). And I am stoked. It is an outstanding figure. I was thinking about buying all 4 that I saw but couldn't bring myself to be a scalper. Everyone needs to get one of these as soon as you can, but please don't buy them for more than the shelf price. If you are patient you will get one without having to pay the scalpers.

CooLJoE
05-22-2002, 07:30 PM
I'm gonna wait it out. Eventually it will be easy to find.

Hellboy
05-22-2002, 07:57 PM
I bought mine at the TRU in NYC Times Square last week while on vacation to see EP II digitally. I usually don't buy any of the 12 inch line but this one is done so well that I couldn't pass it up, it's that COOL. I also recieved a free EP I widescreen video for spending over 50 bucks.

JediJeff77
05-22-2002, 08:16 PM
They are out, but in limited supply, especially in my area. Check out this Jango Fett auction:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1732865815&r=0&t=0&showTutorial=0&ed=1022637011&indexURL=0&rd=1

Pretty cool stuff.
-M

jeffgarcia
05-22-2002, 08:43 PM
I don't have the time to go to Toys R Us or any store daily.

Will it be possible to get one at a cheap price online or at Ebay in the near future?

jeffgarcia
05-22-2002, 08:44 PM
I don't have the time to go to Toys R Us or any store daily besides they never have anything good in stock.

Will it be possible to get one at a cheap price online or at Ebay in the near future?

I buy all of my SW toys online.

stevenmh
05-22-2002, 08:53 PM
I picked one up at TRU on Sunday for $39.99. Didn't even know he was out, I was looking for new Transformers. It was one of those sweet unexpected scores.

asiandoood
05-22-2002, 09:59 PM
i just picked 2 up... one to play...and one to have for my collection :D ...the detail on this fig is awesome!

there was about 7 laying around when i got there...when i left...they all disappeared!

derek
05-23-2002, 01:34 AM
any of you guys open ol' jango up yet? what kind of body does he have? the thick old gi joe body, or the new thinner version?

asiandoood
05-23-2002, 01:49 AM
Originally posted by derek
any of you guys open ol' jango up yet? what kind of body does he have? the thick old gi joe body, or the new thinner version?

yup...i opened it... it is a new gi joe thinner one i guess...it is more articulate than the older 12 inch SW figures. very cool!

the only thing was that the gun holdster was very hard to keep on. the straps are smallllllll!

otherwise...i think this is one of my all time favorites since sith lord vader with removable helmet. :stupid:

Jedi Drew
05-23-2002, 09:04 AM
I was gonna stop collecting the 12" figures because of the cost and the space they take up untill I saw the 12" Jango at K-Mart last night. I had to snag one of these bad boys. He has a ton of extras that come along with him and the packaging is also cool. The only two things that I don't like are the velcro body armor that goes on his legs-it doesn't stay on well and the gun holdser is really hard to strap around his legs. Over all this is a kick a** 12"-If you see it buy it, you'll be impressed.:D :D :D HH

Darth Cruel
05-25-2002, 10:33 AM
I opened my 12" Jango. And let me tell you HE is the best of any figure yet. He has a great head sculpt, great sculpt on the hands (they hold his blasters perfectly).Jango has a very good body style for articulation, and of course, the mondo inclusion of accessories. By the way, I have been posing and displaying mine for nearly a week and I have not noticed that the legs are short. Mace's head sculpt isn't that good when you see it close up, his lightsaber hilt is too short, and his articulation is very standard. In other words, it is not very good. He cannot be put into any really good fighting poses. I am certain that you will be incredibly happy with both figures, though. As even the Mace is a huge improvement over the figures they have had in the more distant past.

Laserbrain
05-25-2002, 03:39 PM
I'd say a body swap is required for both of them. If they get a 12" section of this forum up and running some of us 12" collectors can show the rest of you how to do that.

As it is from what I've read, the Ultimate Fett is unlike any figure released for Hasbro to date. I expect him to make a ton of money for them, paving the way for more detailed 12" figs...then hopefully a well done Stormtrooper...

CooLJoE
05-26-2002, 01:49 AM
Yeah, I could go for a well done 12" Stormie myself.

Personally I'm skipping 12" Mace. That face on him is just too lame. Maybe if he wasn't smiling like an idiot.

Jango is on my list for sure. Maybe even Obi, but doubt it.

Already got a 12" Clonetrooper. Yellow and Red are next for me.

Laserbrain
05-26-2002, 02:18 AM
A company called Blue Box International (BBI) makes a line of highly articulated basic 12" figures called Body Builders for that go for $10. The AA Body Builder (African American ;) ) has an unbelievablely accurate sculpt of Samuel L. Jamson. I have one, unfortunately it has the Shaft goatee.

But still I gotta do a Mace with that body....maybe if I find some way to shave that off...

derek
05-26-2002, 02:54 AM
laser brain,

i read in a post earlier that you post at the warrior forum? well, keep an eye peeled over there, because word is a top notch mace sculpt is on the way. PM me for more details.:)

Dooku Fett
05-26-2002, 12:14 PM
$35 for Jango!! WOW! Maybe I'll pass on getting that one.

DrewDewce
06-09-2002, 08:44 AM
I finally found him at Meijer tonight! My wife and I hadn't been to this particular store in a while and we went out there because we were really bored and couldn't think of anything else to do last night. I went back to the toy aisles and I see a couple with Jango on the floor, and I thought to myself "you've got to be kidding me, I haven't seen this guy anywhere and now I'm two seconds late in getting one that had to have been sitting around for a while!"

Turns out the couple was looking for a specific SpongeBob SquarePants and had just moved him out of the way to look for it. (I'm guessing someone hid Jango down there for later), so as soon as they moved on, I picked him up!!!

I haven't seen this guy anywhere around here, and feel lucky to have found him.

The True Maul
06-09-2002, 09:19 AM
I just got one last night too!! I went to Kmart went to the toy aisle then I found it only one was there so I was very lucky.

Exhaust Port
06-09-2002, 12:32 PM
Originally posted by Laserbrain
If they get a 12" section of this forum up and running some of us 12" collectors can show the rest of you how to do that.

I'm a 12" SW collector and would love to have a 12" forum here. I cast my vote in the thread along those lines about a week ago but I'm doing it again now. 12" Forum please. I would love to get some advice from some of the more advanced collectors out there.

And no, I don't have my Jango yet. :( He should be delivered on Monday so I'm keeping those fingers crossed. Then I can finally see what all the excitment is about.

N-2PF
06-09-2002, 01:45 PM
The articulation is not beyond Episode I Obi's.

Exhaust Port
06-09-2002, 01:52 PM
Your picture isn't showing up N-2PF.

N-2PF
06-09-2002, 01:57 PM
Next try:

LTBasker
06-09-2002, 02:01 PM
What the... Looks like they used Beefed up Barbie legs!

First time I've seen how they look with those bodies, I've only seen the bodies they used for the 1995 12", which ironically WERE Gi Joe bodies - but they weren't very good then.

N-2PF
06-09-2002, 02:19 PM
Here's his face, I would have prefered it without the thin pink lipstick line and the dirt of a 2 1/2 hour beard.

fourtwo
06-09-2002, 03:37 PM
naked toys!

N-2PF
06-09-2002, 04:08 PM
No. They have flesh colored underwear.

asiandoood
06-09-2002, 05:00 PM
ow...my eyes! :p

ok...that was unexpected.... but i have to agree that jango is probably the best articulated one i have to date. i dont have the ep 1 obi to compare to though.

the only thing i cant get working is the gun straps on his legs...they keep popping off.

derek
06-10-2002, 09:16 PM
hey N-2PF,

that jango is better articulated than obi wan.
his ankles swivel up and down and left and right. it may not seem like much, but the ability to pose a figure's feet a little left or right adds a lot to the over all look of the figure.:) and the body has an overall more realistic build.:)

Laserbrain
06-11-2002, 01:42 AM
because word is a top notch mace sculpt is on the way. PM me for more details.

I've been trying to Dereck, but I appear to have picked up a slight flutter....

They gonna make one? I saw their Obi-Wan...hmm...maybe I should get a hold of those guys...and make them paint me one...

I scored the 12" Mace today, now I gotta find my Shaft figure...

The old 21C armed terrorist Villain's gonna be releaved to get his clothes back though...

derek
06-11-2002, 08:29 AM
laserbrain,

you need to enable the private message feature in your profile.:)
they haven't made an obi wan yet, but a kick but "son of the chosen one".:)

i don't want to get too specific here cause hasbro may be listening.:)

N-2PF
06-12-2002, 11:36 AM
Vote for a 12"-section!
Originally posted by JediTricks
Vote on the poll so SirSteve can be absolutely sure and we can get this finally done: http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=10144

Jedi Juice
06-13-2002, 02:56 PM
Hey I was curious, but what's the retail on the 12" Ultimate Jango Fett? I think it's $39.99, but I'm not sure. Anyway, let me know. Thanks.

sideswipe1984
06-13-2002, 03:00 PM
Yes, you are correct.

JEDIpartner
06-13-2002, 03:17 PM
Jedi Drew and I got ours for $34.99 USD at K-Mart.

sideswipe1984
06-13-2002, 03:18 PM
Originally posted by JEDIpartnr
Jedi Drew and I got ours for $34.99 USD at K-Mart.

Nice bargain hunting!

SuperBattleDroid88
06-13-2002, 06:25 PM
I did too!!!!!! :D

Hellboy
06-13-2002, 07:05 PM
That's cool that you guys got such a good deal. I was just so excited when I saw this 12 inch masterpiece while on vacation in NYC that price wasn't a big concern and I ended up paying $44 after tax.

Jedi Juice
06-13-2002, 07:28 PM
The reason why I was asking on the retail price was because I saw Kb Toys online had them in stock for $49.99 and I thought that was too much. Anyway, I'll try to find mine at local stores.

Jedi Drew
06-13-2002, 08:34 PM
The Super K-Mart around here has it for $38.00 but Big K-Mart had it for $34.99 as JEDIPartnr posted before. I haven't seen it at TRU so I couldn't tell you the retail price-sorry. But if you do see it pick it up-it's COOL.:cool: :cool: HH

RAVAZ
06-20-2002, 02:10 AM
I remember reading about how all the scalpers were buys them up and selling them for hundreds of dollars. Are they still 'rare'? I saw a few of them at TRU. Would have got one if I didn't have a hole in my pocket.

PygmyAllosaurus
06-20-2002, 03:47 AM
I've seen lots of them. Even when everyone was saying they were rare. I just saw 5 more of them at TRU today.

Sith Lord 0498
06-20-2002, 06:29 AM
When I bought mine last week, the Wilkes-Barre, PA TRU had about 20-22 deluxe 12" Jango Fetts. I was there on Monday, and they had only sold about another 3 or 4.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
06-20-2002, 06:45 AM
I haven't seen anything at my local TRU. Though a collectibe shop in Bexley (near cols) had like 5. I didn't bother to ask price though. He was asking 250 for Jorg Sacul, so i can only imagine what he wanted for Mr. fett. I got my expanded universe Mara and got the hizell outta there!

Onlyafleshwound
06-20-2002, 07:53 AM
There was about 20 at the tru near me. They look like they are just about to go into the clearance shelf--layers of dust, and creased edges, multiplied by 20 = $9.99 :cry:

"shhhhh...Aikiata" - wicket - ROTJ

sunblind
06-20-2002, 08:30 AM
i've seen a # of'em @ meijers.

JEDIpartner
06-20-2002, 10:23 AM
I saw 3 at a K-Mart in Seven Hills, OH last night.

RAVAZ
06-20-2002, 11:29 AM
Thats good to know. I'd like to get one someday. Maybe clearence! Remember those like $60 Queen Amidala dolls?? I think I got all of them for $15 each. So $10 for a Jango would be nice.

derek
06-20-2002, 11:39 AM
on monday i found 6 jango's, fresh out of the case. on wednesday i went back to get one to customize into boba fett, and all of the boxes were damaged. it appeared to be intentional, beause the cardboard was ripped at the same place on each of them. i guess some idiot wanted to make sure a scalper didn't buy them before he did.:confused:

Mandalorian Candidat
06-20-2002, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by derek
i guess some idiot wanted to make sure a scalper didn't buy them before he did.:confused:

Or a collector if he is a scalper.

I've seen stacks at my local tru and a few at KMart. The stack has dwindled extremely low by now. Too bad the pegwarmers aren't doing as well saleswise. :(

FETT
06-20-2002, 12:33 PM
they're here in toronto or $90!!!..freaking ridiculous!!

Dave_Cameron
06-20-2002, 12:55 PM
Wow! I've seen them out here in the west for $39.99 at most of the chains. They aren't clogging the pegs/shelves, but they can be found pretty easily.

ChemOx
06-20-2002, 04:03 PM
I am seeing a few of them up here......infact it is the same 3 that have always been there. People up here seem to only be into the basic figs and not the 12 inchers......so the same Jango's have been sitting up here for a month.

The True Maul
06-22-2002, 08:29 AM
I got mine 2 weeks ago in my local K-mart only one looked fresh out of the case and got for $32.00 not bad. :D

Exhaust Port
06-22-2002, 08:26 PM
Boy, I haven't seen one in a store yet around here. I had ordered one online a while ago and just got it last week. Hopefully they start to show up on the shelves so I can get another one to open. If they went on sale that would be even better. :)

Thunderstorm1
06-23-2002, 01:35 PM
Not seen any around here either (Louisville), but plenty of the other 12" line including tons of Mace Windu's at TRU

Old Fossil
06-23-2002, 01:40 PM
My TRU got had 4 12" Jangos last week. All gone now (too rich for my blood).

Mace Windex
06-23-2002, 04:27 PM
I've yet to see any Jangos on the shelf here in tampa, Fl. I had a lead on three at a K-mart but they were sold within the 10 mins it took me to make it to the store!

Arrgh!

Mace Windex
06-23-2002, 04:30 PM
IS Walmart going to sell the Ultimate Jangos? So far, I have heard (not seen any) that they have been at several K-mart stores and at a few TRU. What is the deal with this figure?

2-1B
06-23-2002, 04:33 PM
I've only seen it at KMart.

chris
06-23-2002, 06:32 PM
Yea, me to, it was only at Kmart. but it should come out at walmart soon.

Jayspawn
06-24-2002, 12:52 AM
I have not seen them anywhere.I think they still have yet to arrive in my area stores. I've only heard of them hittting some K-Marts and TRU.

derek
06-24-2002, 01:02 AM
jayspawn,

i was at a toys r us the other day, and i saw about 5 jango's. i thought of you when i saw them. they should be hitting your area soon.

MichaelV103
06-24-2002, 01:39 PM
I work for Walmart and havent seen the 12" Jango yet. We finally got the Bespin Wave, but havent seen Palpy or Pilot Obi-wan yet.

Darth Shifty
06-24-2002, 01:59 PM
I've only seen 'em at KB Toys.

JediWannaBe
06-25-2002, 12:16 AM
Kmart and TRU, Amazon never got theirs either...yet.

Laserbrain
06-25-2002, 02:09 PM
I've waited for this kind of forum for so long, now I get busy at work and don't have time to do anything! I finally found an Ultimate Jango at TRU and someday soon I'm gonna customize the heck out of it and put up a how-to web page. All the talk and reviews really jaded me to the figure but they fail to convey the WOWZA factor he can have on you.

THIS THING FREAKIN' ROCKS, MAN!!!

Until I get time, head to this link on the Warrior's Forum for some body swap/custom ideas. There's the first post with images, then scroll way down for some more.

Lock&load:
http://pub105.ezboard.com/fonesixthwarriorforumfrm1.showMessage?topicID=1429 1.topic

Onlyafleshwound
06-25-2002, 02:36 PM
There were about 10 left at the tru here in ny. :)

There were 20 last week, and they are still collecting dust.

DeadEye
06-26-2002, 02:24 PM
Were there a lot of him at TRU?

I've heard Walmart doesn't carry them...what about his brother Kmart? And their mother, Target?

robman71
06-27-2002, 10:19 AM
K-Mart carries them, I see it there all of the time at a better price than TRU. I have not seen this at Target, but they are always slow with new stuff in my area.

Exhaust Port
06-28-2002, 11:57 PM
I haven't seen one appear at any of the Target, TRU or Walmarts around here. What a bummer.

TheZoid
06-29-2002, 01:17 AM
I just got mine at TRU, Good Lord! a bit pricey in my opinion but i got it. I wished he had his gear already on, what a pain to dress him up!

humsup
06-29-2002, 08:34 AM
Still waiting for the price to come down.

Jayspawn
06-29-2002, 03:30 PM
I still have yet to find him at any of my K-Marts and TRU. I've heard he's very impressive. The hunt goes on.

Jedi Juice
06-30-2002, 12:09 AM
I found one today at the KB Toys in a local mall, but the darn thing was $49.99! If it was $39.99 I might have considered buying it, but $50 is a little too much!

Jayspawn
06-30-2002, 01:09 AM
I finally found him!!! This is one of the BEST 12" figures, hands down. He has everything. I picked him up at Toys'R'Us for $39.99. Well worth it in my oppinion. Looks amazingly like Tamuera Morrison.

Jedi Juice, you're wise for not buying it at $50. Too much. Hold out and you'll get it for less. I did. Don't pay the KB price.

JediWannaBe
06-30-2002, 11:11 AM
On the Rebelcumİ homepage, reports indicate that Ultimate Jango has now shown up @ Wal-Mart for $39.96.
So, hopefully your local Wally Mart will have these soon, Happy Hunting. Maybe they will pricematch K-Mart'sİ $34.99 price :crazed:

Jedi Clint
06-30-2002, 11:46 AM
He ranks up there with the 14" talking Darth Vader as my favorite from the 12" line. IMO the leg armor could have been a bit better, but I was actually really glad when I found that the 2nd one I ordered from TRU/Amazon.com had a crushed box so I had an excuse to open one :).

DeadEye
06-30-2002, 10:50 PM
How appropriate...after I already spent $45 on one from yestertoys.com because my local mart brothers, Wal and K, don't have CRAP. :frus:

JediWannaBe
06-30-2002, 10:54 PM
I just left two TRUS and they had a ton of 12" Jangos, I think the rush is about over, they get $39.99.

TheZoid
07-03-2002, 12:30 AM
here is an image of my Jango Fett standing by himself, tricky positioning, but it worked. He's standing on my computer desk...

http://www.inspirearts.net/images/jangostanding.jpg

And one image of him leaning, I like this pose better...

http://www.inspirearts.net/images/jangoleaning.jpg

Here is my girlfriend posing with him, don't they make a cute couple...

http://www.inspirearts.net/images/girlfriendjango.jpg

Let's see your Jango or other 12 " figures.

Darth Cruel
07-03-2002, 08:21 PM
I was unaware that there was a problem getting Jango to stand. Mine does very well in any (reasonable) position. You do have some great poses for him.

Master Goeweins
07-05-2002, 01:29 PM
The only things that bug me are his lower holster straps (I had to use tape to keep them together) and his shin pads (mine are so thin I will have to put them under heavy books to get them to open up some).

Otherwise, this figure is the best of the best! I have mine standing between my Clone Trooper and my Deluxe talking Boba Fett. The Father flanked by his sons....

Hellzer
07-05-2002, 07:34 PM
Originally posted by Master Goeweins
The only things that bug me are his lower holster straps (I had to use tape to keep them together) and his shin pads (mine are so thin I will have to put them under heavy books to get them to open up some).

I thought about bending the shin guards outward as well, but I instead decided to just cut the top portion of the boots off down to the ankle, essentially making them into shoes, and then stuffing some tissue paper inside them so they'd stay put. Now the shin guards fit perfectly onto his legs since nothing's in the way anymore. It's kind of extreme, but you'll probably end up doing something similar out of frustration like I did.

Laserbrain
07-05-2002, 08:30 PM
That's not really extreme at all. Extreme might be tossing the leg plates in the spare parts bin and fabricating your own out of sheet metal.

Such procedures are certainly not out of the question in the sixthscale hobby, these are models after all. It depends on your resources available and how far you want to take it...

Your fix though, seems like the best way to go. I tried warming up the shin guards to reshape them to fit over the boots and the leg, but the shape between the two are to awkward.

So it's time to get the cutters....

Mwaahahahahahahahahahahhahahaaaaaaaaa..........

Hellzer
07-05-2002, 09:53 PM
I took some pics of my Jango with the altered shin guards. They might look a little odd since I got the photos by laying Jango down on my scanner (camera's busted).

Hellzer
07-05-2002, 09:54 PM
Here's a lot better view from the side.

Hellzer
07-05-2002, 09:57 PM
And a shot of the boot looks like now.

Jedi Juice
07-08-2002, 09:28 PM
Hello,

I went to Walmart a few days ago and found 6 Ultimate Jango Fett figures, which is the first time I found any. I am debating on whether or not to buy one because half of me says to get one, but the other half says not to spend $40. What do you guys think? Please offer some insight on whether or not to get one.

Thanks

Jango Mango
07-08-2002, 09:39 PM
Yes, you definitely need to have an Ultimate JANGO FETT in your
collection ! it is well worth the $39.96 , it is a deluxe set, this is one of the coolest STAR WARS figures Hasbro has ever produced ! :D when I first saw one at KB toy store it caught my
attention right away ! I didnt even see STAR WARS episode II
AOTC until after I bought the figure, now I want more SW figures!

:)

Exhaust Port
07-08-2002, 10:28 PM
Man, 6? I haven't seen one around here yet! Argh!

I would recommend getting the figure. I resorted to getting mine online at the same price as it's been in the stores and it was well worth it.

Jango Mango
07-08-2002, 10:38 PM
Jedi Juice, when I bought mine TRU only had 2 on the shelf and
one had box damage, I got the mint in mint box Jango , I dont
like buying a new figure with a beat up box, even if I plan on
opening it, part of the fun is picking out a really minty one from
the shelf.

Thunderstorm1
07-08-2002, 11:12 PM
Buy it!!

Jedi Juice
07-09-2002, 12:06 AM
Alright, you guys convinced me to go buy one, I just hope that Wlamart still has a few available!

Jedi Juice
07-09-2002, 06:50 PM
*Update*

I did get my 12" Jango, and I am very pleased that I bought one. I also found the last of the basic collection to complete that set too. So I am very happy.

gyro
07-09-2002, 07:11 PM
I liked it so much that I bought a second one to keep boxed. The last time I bought a SW toy was a year and a half ago 12" Han Solo w/Endor Gear.So yes it's definately the best 12' since Biker Scout IMO. The new body is a breath of fresh air.

Ook
07-10-2002, 07:34 AM
Breath of fresh air indeed! Jango's a badass figure. I thought about getting a second one, too. I'd hate to be outta luck if I lost a piece or broke the guy or something. I might get another, I dunno...

Speaking of the biker scout, I'm damn sorry I missed that one!

Mace Windex
07-10-2002, 09:00 AM
Does anyone here have a copy or a scan of the Kmart toy ad featuring the Jango Fett 12 inch figure for $32.00? Or, can anyone send me a scan or photocopy of a TOYS R US receipt showing the figure for this price? The only stores around here want $50 for that thing! Any help will be appreciated!
vwdude1957@aol.com

Ook
07-10-2002, 11:59 AM
Here ya go. But how's that gonna help you??

FKA Broke Collector
07-10-2002, 10:44 PM
Awesome figure!!!! I really like the scuplt and everything about it. I'm sure it's even more impressive out of the box. However, I have to wait to see if the price comes down. I realize I may miss out because they are in such limited quantities, but I think 40 is too much. If I miss out, fine, I'll deal with that. Maybe buy it on ebay at a later time. But if I find one on clearance it'll be worth the wait.

Jango Mango
07-11-2002, 03:09 AM
I first saw the ultimate Jango Fett at a KB toy store at the mall
and it was $49.99! so when i saw it at TRU for $39.99 I bought
one right away, because it is worth it, some people on ebay have
paid over $60.00 for a Jango!

Mace Windex
07-11-2002, 01:33 PM
Thanks for the receipt scan. Now I have to see if any of the stores will PRICE match!

JediBoulton
07-13-2002, 02:30 PM
GET IT GET IT GET IT !!!!! I just opened my new one and all i can say is WOW -- this figure should set a standard!! he neck is great, the pull off arms are great -- and the bendable fingures to give ole Mace the finger is SUPER !!! Everything fits great and he looks awsom standing there -- staring at you with that evil look..made my puppy nervious!! A must have!!!

IG65
07-15-2002, 05:18 PM
He just showed up at my local WalMart for $34.97. Look around and definitely do NOT overpay.

Jaina Solo
07-15-2002, 06:26 PM
I've seen him at my Wal-Mart, too. No price on him, and I couldn't find a price scanner to check how much they wanted for it.

I don't really have the money anyway, but I do want one- he looks very cool.

Jedi Juice
07-15-2002, 07:38 PM
Jango is probably $39.99..... at least that's how much he was when I bought him. None of the stores around here are having any sales, so I don't think Jango has gone below the $40 mark.

JediMikeBuckley
07-16-2002, 02:52 AM
Well, being a big fan of Boba Fett since we all first saw him in "TESB" I was pumped to see that they were exploring his origin in Episode II and introducing his father. I was very lucky to sell a 12" Sandtrooper on eBay and the buyer lived in my town, and traded the Sandtrooper for the Ultimate Jango Fett! Wow, so I basically got it for only about $7.00! I had to pay that little bit over his winning bid, but you can't beat that deal! I love it, and have him standing on my computer desk now with both pistols drawn, standing between both Slave I ships. The articulation, the weapons, armor, outfit, and best of all, removable helmet, and missle-firing jetpack! This has to be the best 12" Star Wars figure so far...and I have over 30 12" figures at this time.

Mace Windex
07-18-2002, 09:32 PM
Finally got that Ultimate Jango! The K-mart receipt copy worked like a champ! TRUS matched the $34.99 price! :)
I do have some questions and complaints about Jango. #1. Is there supposed to be some grappling hook that attaches to the string that comes in the set? I only see two Kamino saber darts. Also, It was a pain getting on his gun belt and the leg armor doesn't fit very well at all. Other than that he is really cool. I just wish they had used an alternative way to attach his leg armor. Velcro is cheesy.
MAce

JediMikeBuckley
07-18-2002, 11:37 PM
I agree Mace, that the velcro attachments for Jango's armor are cheesy to say the least. It would have been great to have snaps, or some other better way to attach the armour. His shin guards don't really wrap around his shins, or lower legs. They just sit on top of his legs. The belt was a real pain for me to get on too! As far as a grappling hook on a string, that would be nice too, but its not there. Still, all in all, it does top my Top 10 favorite Star Wars 12" figures...so far.

Darth Brick
07-19-2002, 11:37 PM
Hopefully I'll be able to pick up Ultimate Jango tomorrow if the Suncoast I saw him at still has him in stock. Then again, I'm still thinking of whether I should get him or the Lego Republic Gunship. Choices...

jdmarlow
07-20-2002, 01:39 AM
I have had the problem of whether or not to buy this Jango. Usually I would just pick him up no questions asked. But money has become an issue, and I don't know if he is worth it.

Ook
07-20-2002, 01:52 AM
I'll be damned. Maybe I'll take my receipt over to TRU and get another Jango!

jrviking07
07-23-2002, 11:38 PM
I love this figure but i agree the belt was a pain to get on. my armor is alright and I din't see why people say he is hard to stand up I got him to stand on my first try. all in all this is the best 12" FIGURE