PDA

View Full Version : Whats your F A V O R I T E Kenner Star Wars figure ever made from 77-2002

BillyJAck
07-09-2002, 01:57 AM
What is your favorite star wars figure of all time ???

Mine is the Commtech Stormtrooper. I love that figure and have been a stormtrooper fan since i saw the movies when i was little. I have tons of stormtrooper stuff sitting around in my collecting room/ office

billy

BillyJAck
07-09-2002, 07:21 AM
none of you have a favorite figue?

icatch9
07-09-2002, 08:30 AM
Vintage Stormtrooper Luke Skywalker. I just think that figure is the coolest becasuse of the helmet. I know it doesen't look the best, but I just love that removable helmet for some reason.

Mandalorian30
07-09-2002, 08:32 AM
Very tough decision.....

I think I will choose the 300th figure Boba Fett. I absolutely love the look of this figure! Although it's more of a statue, it's likeness is amazing. Definately my one of my faves!

Forhekset
07-09-2002, 08:41 AM
Well, since I lost or destroyed most of my vintage stuff as a kid, I don't have any of it to look at now, but I'd say one of my all-time favorites ever is POTF2 Bossk. I don't know exactly why, but I love that figure. Great sculpt for one thing, though. Very accurate. I also like POTJ Dagobah Darth Vader quite a bit. Vader's my favorite character though so I'm kind of biased.

DarthMushy
07-09-2002, 11:44 AM
My favorite would have to be vintage Luke Bespin. A close second would have been vintage Luke Jedi.

Rogue II
07-09-2002, 01:34 PM
Tough decision. I like almost all of the new stuff. I only have a small portion of my vintage collection. When I see the vintage stuff now, it is pretty cheesy looking compared to the modern line. The memories of the vintage line are better than anything. For some reason, I always liked the vintage AT-AT driver and the Twin Pod Cloud Car pilot.

For the modern line, I like the CT R2-D2 and most of the other new droids (R3-T7, R4-M9, etc) and the CT Stormtrooper. It is hard to choose just one figure because I like something about every modern figure. Then again, I would change something about a lot of modern figures(articulation, paint, sculpt, pose, gimmick).

My fondest memories of any figure are the 12" Vintage Boba Fett. He had a cool grappling hook, and you could see thru his head. Sure, it was the only 12" figure I owned as a kid. I don't even collect 12" figures now (but my wife still bought me the 12" Pondo Baba because it was on clearance).

And I guess I could make a plug for the Mouse Droid that comes with R4-M9. He is good to sniff. See the forum in the POTJ section.

DarthBrandon
07-09-2002, 01:48 PM
Geeze BJ, you ask the hardest of questions. I like them all equally, but if I have to choose some, I guess the Dagobah Darth Vader, Jango Fett KE, Bo Shek, Bespin Luke ( Saga ) , Darth Maul ( Sith Speeder version ) R2-Q5, and my custom Captain Antiiles are my favorite ones. Vader ( Dag ) is my favorite Vader and removable helmet is my second fav.

JediJeff77
07-09-2002, 02:03 PM
It is a tie for me between Vintage Squid Head and Vintage Royal Guard.
=)

evenflow
07-09-2002, 03:54 PM
Vintage Amanaman & vintage Yoda

thespar
07-09-2002, 04:31 PM
that is unfair question. I will have to go with Boba Fett 300th also

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-09-2002, 04:37 PM
for some reason Yoda Now Saga is my favirote, cause i love the lightsaber, the force lighting is sweet, and the levitational base is cool

evenflow
07-09-2002, 04:53 PM
I forgot about Vintage Jabba the Hutt. If only we could a new version just as good.

RooJay
07-09-2002, 05:59 PM
Kenner hasn't made any Star Wars figures since like '98.;)

Darth Sidious
07-09-2002, 06:46 PM
Im counting deluxes, so Id say the Nexu. It is just fantastic. The sounds, scale, detailing, everything. I just got mine (Sorry, I gave in to ebay. :( ) But it was worth it. I love this figure.

Rogue II
07-09-2002, 07:10 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
Kenner hasn't made any Star Wars figures since like '98.;)

Details..:rolleyes: :crazed:

I think we all know he meant Kenner/Hasbro 77-2002

Just answer the question.:D

Cubehead
07-09-2002, 07:14 PM
I love these kinds of threads.

VINTAGE - Bespin Han Solo

EU - Dark Empire Luke Skywalker

SOTE - Dash Rendar

POTF2 - Removable Helmet Darth Vader

DELUXE - TIE: Probe Droid/Bacta Luke

E1 - 3 WAY TIE: C3PO/Graxol Kelvvyn/Holo Sidious

POTJ - FX-7

SAGA - TIE: Chewie Bespin/Tusken Female

PROMOTIONAL - Toy Fare Darth Vader

figrin bran
07-09-2002, 07:49 PM
300th Boba Fett as well. though when i was little, i loved the vintage fett and bossk.

Darth Yambag
07-09-2002, 07:56 PM
Vintage Yoda...your only young once...and Yoda is the Master of the original Holy trilogy.

The newer figures are obviously more advanced, but so am I. When I was a kid, Toys were magical obsessions.

CrossWizard
07-09-2002, 08:45 PM
VINTAGE - tie Han Solo Carbonite & Luke Jedi Knight

EU - Dark Empire Luke Skywalker

SOTE - Dash Rendar

POTF2 - Commtech Stormtrooper

E1 - tie Obi Wan Naboo & Obi Wan Jedi Knight(softy)

POTJ - Bespin Capture Han

SAGA - tie Jango Fett Kamino & Jedi Starfighter Obi Wan

Honorable mention- Darth Vader Removable Helmet, 300th Boba Fett, Mace Windu Sneak Preview.

JON9000
07-09-2002, 11:58 PM
I remember buying Vintage Bespin Han with money my grandparents gave me on my birthday in 81. I had just turned 6 and I had gotten a Millenium Falcon a month before at Christmas. Having a Han figure to fly it was just too excellent. I forgot who was flying it prior to that- maybe Chewie and Tatooine Luke. Anyway- vintage Bespin Han for sure.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-10-2002, 12:24 AM
Frito Lays Exclusive Spirit of Obi-Wan Kenobi

RooJay
07-10-2002, 06:09 AM
Originally posted by Rogue II

Details..:rolleyes: :crazed:

I think we all know he meant Kenner/Hasbro 77-2002

Just answer the question.:D

Sorry. It's just that...I kinda wish Kenner still was making Star Wars figures, I guess.:(

land speeder
07-10-2002, 10:11 AM
I'd have to say episode one Watto amd EU Dark Trooper.

SNAYSON
07-10-2002, 10:41 AM
1977 kenner luke skywalker cause he was the first star wars figure i got and the most memorable character when i first watched the movie when it came out.

cptpinkerton
07-10-2002, 11:25 AM
I think the vintage line for the most part is complete crap. Only a handful of figures from that line do I still enjoy now. One of them is Jedi Luke. The toys themselves were just horrendous, and almost all of the humans looked awful, the aliens looked alright. The best part about the vintage line was the cards the figures came on. Hasbro can only regress compared to the masterful Kenner packaging.

Anyways, my favorite Star Wars toy/figure is probably the Bespin Luke, I have the bloody one, but I have another one posed by my bed, and last night I was messing around with the articulation, and originally i thought the articulation was good, but kinda hokey, and after fiddling around with it, there are tons of poses that he can get into. The button the back doesn't bother me. I could just saw it off if it did.

I haven't opened anything else I have. But Boba 300th is an incredible piece, packaging, figure all of it. Its up there, as well as Darth Removeable, which I don't have, but my friend has him battling Bespin Luke at his house.

LMS

aceguide
07-10-2002, 01:58 PM
I am a huge fan of my vintage figures. As a kid the Ugnaught was my fvorite. Loved the white box and the apron. Still is one of my faves from the vintage line.

It is not easy to pick an all time best because of the HUGE difference between vintage with the latest lines - Saga and potj. The accuracy and detaill on these new figures is just too good. Luke Bespin and 300th Boba are truly awesome figs.

AdmiralPiett
07-10-2002, 03:57 PM
When I was a kid, I played with the vintage toys at my friend's house before I actually saw the movies and the toys that I always thought looked the coolest (even though I didn't know who they were) were:
Tie Pilot
Emperor's Royal Guard
Hoth Stormtrooper

Then I saw the movies and found that they only had minor roles. I guess I thought they looked really mysterious because they all wore masks. I liked the look of those toys better than the look of the actual guys in the movie. Ahh....memories. :)
Piett

vulcantouch
07-10-2002, 04:11 PM
hmm, probably one of those :cool:
purtiest? lyn me :kiss:

Lobito
07-10-2002, 04:22 PM
Tough question...

Lets see my favs are POTJ FX-7, Emperor's Wrath Vader, 300th Ed. Boba Fett, Dark Trooper...among a huge huge list.

But if i had to choose one then the winner is 300th Boba Fett.

robman71
07-10-2002, 05:01 PM
Vintage C-3PO with removable limbs from the ESB collection. I just loved stuffing him in the cargo net and strapping him onto Chewbacca's back.

jdmarlow
07-10-2002, 08:08 PM
Since I was born after vintage was done....I'd say Darth Vader w/ Removable Helmet. Awesome figure all around.

North_Fist
07-10-2002, 09:20 PM
I would have to say that my all-time favorite Star Wars toy is Yoda w/gimmer stick and Jedi Training Backpack. Its so cool to have Luke walk around with Yoda on his back.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-10-2002, 09:23 PM
My first Starwars figure!
Episode 1 BattleDroid! :D
I been through a lot with that figure!!!!!! :)
I don't know why he's my favorite though... :p

thespar
07-10-2002, 11:36 PM
When i had that old c-3p0 you talked about i kept my more in the bag then i did whole. Guess i did not help i lost one of the legs.

Wooooof
07-11-2002, 12:29 AM
I'd pick my vintage TIE Pilot. You can have all the detail and articulation in the world, you still can't replace memories.

Darth Nitwit
07-11-2002, 12:45 AM
I always liked the Weekways. So I would have to say them.