PDA

View Full Version : DVD images!

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 03:17 PM
Here's one of the inserts/the back of the DVD!

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 03:19 PM
And here's the chapter tab:

MikeAndTheBots
07-09-2002, 03:22 PM
Luckily it seems my favorite parts are all different chapters so I can skip around easier.

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 03:31 PM
I agree. I can skip the chatting and frolicking and get straight to the fights! :D

pthfnder89
07-09-2002, 03:55 PM
Looks nice. I really hope they will include a gagreel as an easter egg as with the Episode 1 DVD.

Where were these posted DeadEye?

evenflow
07-09-2002, 04:06 PM
When is the DVD supposed to be coming out?

Beast
07-09-2002, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
When is the DVD supposed to be coming out?
It's supposed to be released on November 26th. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jek Porky 2002
07-09-2002, 04:43 PM
I'm just a little bit unsure about these, they look a bit fake.

LTBasker
07-09-2002, 04:53 PM
Is it just me or does it just look stupid with that Clone Trooper holding the rifle in a "sniping" way but with the scope on the bottom as the "handle"? :rolleyes:

November 26th is too far away. ;) You'd think with it being fully digital they'd be able to just copy and paste it on there. :D

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-09-2002, 04:54 PM
i dont think their fake

2-1B
07-09-2002, 04:58 PM
Fake. :)

Didn't some website recently do their own wish list mock ups ?

Beast
07-09-2002, 05:03 PM
According to TheDigitalBits.Com:

And one last note this afternoon - a number of scans of what purports to be the case insert (with chapter stop listing) from Fox and Lucasfilm's upcoming (and as yet unannounced) Star Wars: Episode II - Attack of the Clones DVD have been appearing around the Net. The 2-disc release is definitely in production (for release in time for the holidays), but whether these scans are the real deal or not remains to be seen. We'll wait until we can confirm something official. In the meantime, take everything you're hearing about the disc with a healthy grain of salt.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 06:48 PM
LTBasker--

The clonetrooper may be in a sniping position with the scope used as a handle. But that's how you aim with a rifle! You don't need a scope to accurately shoulder-fire a rifle. :p

LTBasker
07-09-2002, 06:55 PM
Originally posted by DeadEye
LTBasker--

The clonetrooper may be in a sniping position with the scope used as a handle. But that's how you aim with a rifle! You don't need a scope to accurately shoulder-fire a rifle. :p

Well I know that, but I'm saying the gun looks stupid with the scope from the Stormtrooper rifle being used a handle, especially since it's the Stormtrooper rifle flipping upside down and they just filled in the trigger guard and "cut off" the handle.

Lobito
07-09-2002, 07:03 PM
That booklet looks really familiar with the one realized in TPM DVD. Lets hope its not fake

DeadEye
07-09-2002, 08:17 PM
It may be fake and may not...either way, I don't know if I can last the 4 long months!

And Basker--it does look kind of dumb, but what's the point of the scope anyway? Aren't there macrobinoculars built into their helmets?

hango fett
07-10-2002, 10:53 AM
i thought you said october 21st, jarjar..?
hango

DeadEye
07-10-2002, 11:22 AM
October 21st? It's always been November 26th.

KingOfSting
07-10-2002, 02:40 PM
i think its fake....look at the chapter "this pary's over"...notice anything missing? the t in party is missing....

pthfnder89
07-10-2002, 02:44 PM
It may be fake and may not...either way, I don't know if I can last the 4 long months!

Agreed DeadEye; I want it NOW! :D

I'm naturally skeptical about things like this, but if it's fake then somebody has WAY too much time on their hands because the wording and the descriptions sound perfect. If it isn't real then caongrats to whoever made it.

And my sympathies for not anything better to do;)

LTBasker
07-10-2002, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by KingOfSting
i think its fake....look at the chapter "this pary's over"...notice anything missing? the t in party is missing....

Actually it's there, your resolution just may not be able to make it out.

Lobito
07-10-2002, 04:05 PM
October 21st? It's always been November 26th.

Well...3 months is not that long.:D

DeadEye
07-10-2002, 05:03 PM
I thought it was four months until November. :D

scruffziller
07-10-2002, 07:40 PM
Originally posted by Jek Porky 2002
I'm just a little bit unsure about these, they look a bit fake.
If they are fake that is the way the DVD should look. I don't think it is fake because I have never seen those pics before. I just hope the release date isn't fake.

Beast
07-10-2002, 07:44 PM
Looks like the insert pictures are real, even if it isn't the final version. Which it likely isn't, because it contains a few missing things, as well as errors. This news from TheDigitalBits.com:

Well... looks like the Ranch has weighed in on the Star Wars DVD insert scans. Lucasfilm politely asked that they be removed from the site that originally posted them, which is a surefire hint that they hit pretty close to home. Just FYI.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Lobito
07-11-2002, 01:12 PM
I thought it was four months until November.

From a certain point of view.:)

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2002, 01:15 PM
I dunno, these pics could be incredibly easily faked.

DeadEye
07-11-2002, 02:28 PM
True, but at least they did a good job. They sure had me convinced! :)

hango fett
07-11-2002, 02:35 PM
either way...we are close enough now...i can wait.............................................. .................................................. .............................is it out yet?
hango

DeadEye
07-11-2002, 02:49 PM
No, not yet. BTW is that your new "great" avatar? ;)

Pendo
07-13-2002, 04:53 PM
COOL pics DeadEye! I hope they're real, they look it. Can you get any more?

PENDO!

Geonosian
07-18-2002, 01:42 AM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

It's supposed to be released on November 26th. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks I doubt it.

Beast
07-18-2002, 01:54 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
I doubt it.
Geonosian, all the major DVD websites are saying that they have reports stating that the movie is going to officially be released on November 26th. There should be a big announcment in a week or two, where Lucasfilm will announce it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-18-2002, 01:58 AM
Really?Well they then did we have to wait 2 and a half years for episode 1?

Beast
07-18-2002, 02:06 AM
Originally posted by Geonosian
Really? When then did we have to wait 2 and a half years for episode 1?
Lucasfilm wasn't originally going to release any of the Star Wars movies onto DVD, until after George was done with the prequels. So many people pleaded for them, that Lucas decided to release E1 on DVD to please fans. Why he released E1 first, and not any of the OT, is because it needed the least work to be transfered to a digital format.

Plus they had all the supplimenatry features right at hand, so Lucas didn't have to spend time gathering the stuff together. He's to busy with the prequels to take time out for the OT DVD's. Lucasfilm themselves said that there would be a 4th Quarter release of AOTC's. Media Play, Suncoast, and a few others are already taking pre-orders for the 2-disc set. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Geonosian
07-18-2002, 05:26 AM
Well I hope we get it before Christmas.

Pendo
07-18-2002, 09:01 AM
Will the Episode II DVD be released in the UK first like Episode I was? Episode I was released a day earlier than everywhere else so I hope it'll be the same for Episode II!

PENDO!

DeadEye
07-18-2002, 09:11 AM
Episode I took a long time because they had to redo the deleted scenes from scratch, make storyboards, hire new people, etc.

For Episode II the movie is a digital file so it's easier to put on DVD. Plus, all the deleted scenes were already done, they were merely thrown out at the last minute. There were a total of 817 effects shots that were finished that didn't make it into the final cut!

Geonosian
07-19-2002, 02:51 AM
I hope we get alot of deleted sences.

DeadEye
07-19-2002, 09:14 AM
We're getting eight. The scenes that I know have to be in are:
-Padme entering the senate right after the first assassination attempt
-Obi-Wan fighting the massiffs
-Obi-Wan taking the Kamino saberdart to SP4 analysis droids
-Jocasta Nu's speech about the lost twenty
-Padme puts 3PO's coverings on
-The Lars family says goodbye to Anakin and Padme as they leave, and let them take 3PO
-Anakin and Padme's trial
And we'll most likely get an extended duel with Count Dooku, when he uses two sabers against Yoda. :D

Geonosian
07-19-2002, 10:18 AM
Cool. But I think ones missing. The sence where Plo Koon and Kiadimandi go to the control ship.

DeadEye
07-19-2002, 12:55 PM
I doubt that scene would be put back in. If it was, the DVD wouldn't be out until November 26th next year...:p

pthfnder89
07-19-2002, 03:37 PM
We're getting eight. The scenes that I know have to be in are:
-Padme entering the senate right after the first assassination attempt
-Obi-Wan fighting the massiffs
-Obi-Wan taking the Kamino saberdart to SP4 analysis droids
-Jocasta Nu's speech about the lost twenty
-Padme puts 3PO's coverings on
-The Lars family says goodbye to Anakin and Padme as they leave, and let them take 3PO
-Anakin and Padme's trial
And we'll most likely get an extended duel with Count Dooku, when he uses two sabers against Yoda. :D

DeadEye - These are certainly likely candidates for the Deleted Scenes section, but why do they have to be included? With only eight scenes included on the DVD, it's perfectly possible he may leave some of these off.

And not all of the scenes cut from Ep2 have completed visual effects; the Droid Control Ship raid for example was not finished, and judging by the DVD covers, there were at least a couple of other shots that had to be completed before they were added to the DVD.

Beast
07-19-2002, 03:53 PM
Also don't forget, that just like the E1 DVD some scenes may get added back into the film, and some scenes may not be included on the Deleted Scenes section. Obi-Wan frying his lightsaber in the Naboo swamp, Maul and Qui's battle on the Queen's Royal Starship ramp, and R2-D2 falling off the landing platform and using his booster rockets to fly back up onto it, were not included on the E1 DVD. As well as some extra footage of the Maul/Obi-Wan lightsaber battle at the end of the film. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
07-19-2002, 04:02 PM
Also don't forget, that just like the E1 DVD some scenes may get added back into the film, and some scenes may not be included on the Deleted Scenes section. Obi-Wan frying his lightsaber in the Naboo swamp, Maul and Qui's battle on the Queen's Royal Starship ramp, and R2-D2 falling off the landing platform and using his booster rockets to fly back up onto it, were not included on the E1 DVD. As well as some extra footage of the Maul/Obi-Wan lightsaber battle at the end of the film. :)

Precisely what I had in mind, particularly the Obi Wan swamp scene and R2 with his boosters. There were as many or more scenes from Ep1 that didn't make it into the movie as there were that wound up on the DVD.

But one thing makes me doubt that we'll see an extended cut of AOTC on the DVD JarJar. The case insert makes no mention of it, which I believe they DID mention on the Ep1 case insert. Now this is hardly conclusive; it hasn't even been verified for an aboslute certainty that these images are real, or that they couldn't be altered before production of the DVD. But still, at this point it doesn't look like to me that we'll be seeing any more footage in the actual film.

Beast
07-19-2002, 04:07 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89
But one thing makes me doubt that we'll see an extended cut of AOTC on the DVD JarJar. The case insert makes no mention of it, which I believe they DID mention on the Ep1 case insert. Now this is hardly conclusive; it hasn't even been verified for an aboslute certainty that these images are real, or that they couldn't be altered before production of the DVD. But still, at this point it doesn't look like to me that we'll be seeing any more footage in the actual film.
Nope, the E1 DVD does not mention that it's an extended cut either. It is mentioned in the deleted scenes documentary, and I believe in the audio commentary as well. But no mention anywhere on the case or the insert. We won't know for sure until Lucasfilm officially announces the DVD, or we hear what the running time will be. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

pthfnder89
07-19-2002, 04:54 PM

Nope, the E1 DVD does not mention that it's an extended cut either. It is mentioned in the deleted scenes documentary, and I believe in the audio commentary as well. But no mention anywhere on the case or the insert. We won't know for sure until Lucasfilm officially announces the DVD, or we hear what the running time will be. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Fair enough. I would certainly like to see an extended cut of the film, particularly with changes to the final battles.