PDA

View Full Version : Wal-Mart "deleting" Saga line?



Count Dooku
07-09-2002, 09:18 PM
Went to Wal-Mart today and the stock guy said when asked if there were more in the back that the line was "deleted". This is otherwise known as discontinued. If this is true, looks like TRU, Zellers will probably be the only stores left carrying this product. I heard this on another site from a guy who heard this at another Wal-Mart store so this confirms the fact. This is pretty strange since Wal-Mart has been selling them pretty good and is where I picked up all my sweet finds (Chewbacca, Orn Free Taa, Vader, Solo).

DarthBrandon
07-09-2002, 09:24 PM
I doubt the info is in fact true, you know how people who don't have a clue what they are talking about say sometimes. I can't believe this cause we are still getting them here and have been for years. Ask the person in charge of the toy dept, they will know better.

Count Dooku
07-09-2002, 09:35 PM
I also thought this sounded strange but I heard it from this guy, and on snowtroopers.ca from a guy at another store. I don't know about your Wal marts buy mine have gotten all the new figs before any other store. Actually in my area the TRU and Zellers never got the Orn Free Taa wave, only the Wal mart. YOu seen any Anakin Deluxe out east, that is one awesome figure!

DarthBrandon
07-09-2002, 09:43 PM
Yeah, he's at zellers surprisingly, along with Nexu as well.
I just can't see Walmart discontinuing a line that is doing well.
Here in N.B. they have never deleted a S.W. line, they kept Episode I, Power of the Jedi, and I'm pretty darn sure they will keep Saga as well. Just makes sense to me, they are selling like hotcakes.

We got all the waves so far except Djas's

P.S. Zellers here is pretty good, but Toysrus has a ton clogging the pegs because of their prices.

Count Dooku
07-09-2002, 10:04 PM
Same here, what are the warmers at your TRU, this is what's clogging here:

C3PO
Nikto
Padme
Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid
Saesee Tin


Other than that pretty much everyone else is gone, a few Vaders, Jango FB, and Lukes at another Wal-mart but that's it.

Darkross
07-10-2002, 11:27 AM
Originally posted by brandon
Yeah, he's at zellers surprisingly, along with Nexu as well.
I just can't see Walmart discontinuing a line that is doing well.
Here in N.B. they have never deleted a S.W. line, they kept Episode I, Power of the Jedi, and I'm pretty darn sure they will keep Saga as well. Just makes sense to me, they are selling like hotcakes.

We got all the waves so far except Djas's

P.S. Zellers here is pretty good, but Toysrus has a ton clogging the pegs because of their prices.

TRU in Fredericton has lowered their prices to $7.99 I think...my wife was there this past weekend and bought Vader & Luke for about $7.99 each... and that is cheaper than Wal-Mart which sells theres for $8.94 or something.

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 03:46 PM
Hey Darkross good to here from ya. Toyrus in Saint John has nothing new except the usual peg-warmers. To answer Count Dooku's question: all of them are peg warming right now, except Yoda, Anakin H/D and yes you too Count Dooku. Seems Walmart and Zellers of all places has new stuff arriving on a regular basis.

haggis
07-10-2002, 10:56 PM
I hope this Walmart rumor is not true. As if it isn't hard enought to find everything already!

greedo
07-11-2002, 10:40 AM
I very highly doubt it is true at all. I had one employee tell me the same thing, a week later they got the next two waves of figures.

To be honest, the employees at the stores don't know what Wal-mart is doing, and half the time they don't even know what is going on in their own department. Only head office and the buyers knows what is being picked up by the Wal-mart chain, and what isn't. Even the managers at the Wal-marts don't know what is being sent to them half the time. Wal-mart head office just sends what they want to each store.

Don't put too much faith into what an employee who is making 6.50 an hour tells you. They really don't know what is going on nor do they care what is going on, they are just there to put in the time and get paid.

DarthBrandon
07-11-2002, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by greedo
I very highly doubt it is true at all. I had one employee tell me the same thing, a week later they got the next two waves of figures.

To be honest, the employees at the stores don't know what Wal-mart is doing, and half the time they don't even know what is going on in their own department. Only head office and the buyers knows what is being picked up by the Wal-mart chain, and what isn't. Even the managers at the Wal-marts don't know what is being sent to them half the time. Wal-mart head office just sends what they want to each store.

Don't put too much faith into what an employee who is making 6.50 an hour tells you. They really don't know what is going on nor do they care what is going on, they are just there to put in the time and get paid.

Well I wouldn't believe everything I heard from a Wallmart Employee, but the toy manager at my Walmart has never let me down. She's a Star Wars nut as well and she's on top of all the toys coming and going.

ChronicJedi
07-12-2002, 08:14 AM
Allow me to explain...

Yes, they are "deleted" from the main system and have been for over a month now. They are however still being sent to stores every few weeks as a "special purchase". If you really want to know what your Wal-Mart will be carrying you'll just have to ask someone to look up the figures in the computer to see if they are on order or not.

782729 - Collection 1 Item #
782917 - Collection 2 Item #

This is a good way to keep track of what stores in your area will be carrying but be warned, figures can be added or dropped from the system at any time. Calling or inquiring directly once a day is the only way to truly be sure. Besides if we keep nagging store employees and snatching up new figures when they're available they (as in Hasbro) might finally get the clue that we love Star Wars up here too. Good luck.

DarthBrandon
07-12-2002, 10:54 PM
Originally posted by ChronicJedi
Allow me to explain...

Yes, they are "deleted" from the main system and have been for over a month now. They are however still being sent to stores every few weeks as a "special purchase". If you really want to know what your Wal-Mart will be carrying you'll just have to ask someone to look up the figures in the computer to see if they are on order or not.

782729 - Collection 1 Item #
782917 - Collection 2 Item #

This is a good way to keep track of what stores in your area will be carrying but be warned, figures can be added or dropped from the system at any time. Calling or inquiring directly once a day is the only way to truly be sure. Besides if we keep nagging store employees and snatching up new figures when they're available they (as in Hasbro) might finally get the clue that we love Star Wars up here too. Good luck.

Well if they are order then they are in the system right ?
Besides I have no worries about my store as the toy manager assured me that they will keep coming in.

Count Dooku
07-12-2002, 11:09 PM
Brandon, any word when and if we will see Palpy, Djas, or the new Ki-Adi Mundi wave???

DarthBrandon
07-12-2002, 11:18 PM
In about a week or two Count Dooku, we are always about two weeks behind the States.

Count Dooku
07-12-2002, 11:20 PM
Yeah, but do you think we will get them all?

DarthBrandon
07-12-2002, 11:22 PM
We should get everything the States does like we did with TPM line, except I cannot tell you what quantity.

Count Dooku
07-12-2002, 11:26 PM
That sounds awesome, I was unsure about all of what we should get. Thanks.

DarthBrandon
09-26-2002, 03:09 PM
We are now behind the U.S. by two months plus. Orn, Endor Soldier, Massiff, Puhr and lots more i.e.(Cantina sets, Acklay, and Target Exclusives) are flooding Zellers and Wal-Mart today and more is to come is what I've been told. I was incorrect in saying we are two weeks behind, it's now almost three months. This is only because we do not have the population in Canada as they do in the U.S. So our stores (Toysrus and Wal-Mart) over-order the first wave or two and get stuck with trying to rid themselves of the over abundance of S.W. products, thus putting themselves behind on figures. Zellers had almost nothing when the movie first came out, just a couple of figures here and there. Now they have almost everything new while Wal-Mart gets one or two new things here and there. Toysrus I'm afraid will have nothing here until late November or the first week of December, they are being extremely cautious as to what they buy and what they donít buy right now.(S.W.) Keep the faith, they will arrive eventually.