PDA

View Full Version : Movies that you HATE

stillakid
10-08-2001, 01:22 PM
Favorite movies are easy. But which wastes of celluloid stole your 8 bucks and precious minutes of your life? This isn't just for moderate disliking of a movie, but really gut-level "what the hell were they thinking?" kinds of loathing. Yes you can include those situations where you only saw part of the thing because you just had to walk out before all sense of good taste left your body.

I'll start it out with "Batman and Robin". And yes, I did manage to keep myself in my seat, thus revealing levels of internal fortitude heretofore unknown to myself.

Lobito
10-08-2001, 01:35 PM
Ok, here we go:

The thin red line....i expected a lot from this movie, but somehow the film shows no direction!!

Austin Powers II...Not good at all...just two or three good jokes in this film.

Nightmare on Elm street parts III +
Friday the 13th parts V+

Virus...Not even Jamie Lee Curtis saves this one!!

The Quick and the dead...just look at the ending of this movie...i mean, a bullet hole in Gene Hackman's body where u can see thru it????

Hanibal...this one just Sucked BIG time...where was the original Clarisse (Jodie Foster)???

There are more...

Brave Sir Robin
10-08-2001, 03:46 PM
I'd say that Batman Forever and Batman and Robin totally ruined the Batman legacy. Proof that Batman is nowhere without Burton. The Haunting, Snow Day, The Man Who Knew Too Little and Dudly Doo Right were some other ones. Scary Movie, American Pie, 10 Things and just about every other teenager movie i have seen in my life were awful.

Fulit
10-08-2001, 04:29 PM
I would never go see anything with Will Smith in it, but I hate Wild Wild West because they show it constantly on HBO. Also, any Batman movie after the first one.

Rollo Tomassi
10-08-2001, 06:26 PM
Badmouthing Quick and the Dead?? I'm afraid I'll have to ask you to step outside...

Previously Mentioned
Batman and Robin (internal fortitude is right)
Hannibal
Haunting
Wild Wild West
Virus

A few new ones
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Gummo
Spy Kids
Any movie by Peter Hyams
Highlander:Endgame
Any Sly Stallone film made since 1985 except Cliffhanger and Copland (which arent great but fall in the mediocre category)

ohhhhhh..there's more.....lots more....

britcit3
10-08-2001, 06:28 PM
Upon a friends recommendation, I stupidly bought the video of Titan AE - what a pile of c**p!

Last Days of Disco - self obsessed pretentious c**p!

Will think of more

BC3

britcit3
10-08-2001, 06:34 PM
Just remembered the worst line in a film ever......

The film - The Allnighter starring Suzanne Hoffs(Hoffman?) out of the Bangles.

The plot - the last night out for a bunch of high school friends.

The scene - 2 Californian surfers are enjoying ice lollies on the beach.

The line - "It's heaven on a stick, dude".

Very amusing for us Lancashire folk in Northern England - it had us laughing for days.

Cheers

BC3

Still more to come - love this thread

Fulit
10-08-2001, 06:42 PM
NO WAY! Gummo is a great movie, it reminds me of people I grew up with. Seriously, I know people like that. They are hilarious.

britcit3
10-08-2001, 06:43 PM
How could I forget.........

Star Trek Insurrection!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As a life longer trekker, I was appauled by this - it was so bloody nice - perfect moments ! My bottom!

(especially after the brilliant First Contact - number 10 better be good).

BC3

r2dee2
10-08-2001, 06:50 PM
I HATED the movie Nightfall , based on a wonderful short story by Isaac Asimov. I believe it has recently been released on video and is a total waste of time!

foopah
10-08-2001, 06:54 PM
I must agree with The Quick And The Dead, what a God awful movie, and the bullet hole thing was mighty ridiculous. But alas, I can not watch any movie with Nic Cage in it. His acting is so pathetic, I seriously doubt that if he didn't have his connections in Hollywood, he would never have had a chance at acting, maybe he would be running a McDonalds or something. His acting style is repeated in every movie, DULL BORING and MONOTONOUS. Wait, he could make a good soap opera actor :D

stillakid
10-08-2001, 09:25 PM
As a Sam Raimi fan, I'm quite shocked that anyone could have not enjoyed The Quick and the Dead. Truly superb filmmaking. Maybe you guys are talking about a different piece of film in an alternate universe.

Just about everything Sam does is at least good if not great. How can you argue with (all the) Evil Deads, Darkman, Q&tD? I'll give a hair on For Love of Game, but I liked it because it was about baseball and Sam made it more than just a sappy love story. I was ecstatic that he ended up with SpiderMan. Only a handful of guys in Hollywood can handle comic book material (clearly "happy boy" Joel Schumacher ain't one of em) and Sam is definitely up there.

Lobito
10-08-2001, 09:35 PM
I saw Evil Dead and i thought it was ok...Darkman i havent seen it yet, but The quick and the dead...i feel that way cuzz i compare it with Tombstone, unforgiven, Wyatt Earp...even Young Guns, nothing personal about that movie, as a matter of fact Sharon is there, but Russel Crowe and Leo Dicaprio...cowboys??? Anyway...i'll check out Darkman to see Sam's work there.;)

master jedi
10-08-2001, 09:56 PM
Bats
THX-1138
Tremors 3

There are a lot more but these 3 are at the top of the list.

bigbarada
10-08-2001, 09:56 PM
There are few movies that I actually hate, but I would define them as films that I adamantly recommend people NEVER watch or in very few cases, movies that I just cannot force myself to sit through. The following are films that I feel had something fundamentaly wrong with them in the concept stage, and never should have been made to begin with:

Breaking the Waves (probably the most depressing movie ever)
Being John Malkovich (just wrong on so many levels)
The Big Lebowski (I couldn't finish this one, nothing funny about it)
A Clockwork Orange (watched it on recommendation, never again)

Yes, I know that all these films have been praised by critics as genius, but I just really hated them.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
10-08-2001, 11:13 PM
The only two films I have ever walked out on are Brahm Stoker's Dracula and Hot Shots. I had a huge problem swallowing the first one and the jokes in the second one were so easy and stupid. I only paid $1.50 for each, back in high school. (Well, maybe 3 bucks... I was on a date both times. :) )

I actually was almost an extra in the Quick and the Dead. It was filmed at a studio in Tucson where my dad was general manager. I got to see Stone and Hackman in person. My dad couldn't drive me to the shoot on the day they needed extras, though. I'm kind of glad now, it's an incredibly stupid movie.

Others I hate:

Your Friends and Nieghbors--I heard how great this was, showing the cruelty and pettiness of men and women, and how they treat each other. But it all seemed so pointless, and I found it hard to even care about the characters.

Friday the Thirteenth, Nightmare on Elm Street, Halloween, and their sequels and knockoffs--When I was a kid, I was afraid to see them. Around age 13, I started watching them, to see what they were like, and because my friends did. I didn't think they were scary. I thought they were dumb, and I still do. Still good for a laugh. I kinda like Scream, though.

Hellraiser series--I often hear how deep and philosophical these are. I've only seen about two and a half of them, but I don't get it. It's just senseless gore, pretentious dialogue, and occasional sex.

Star Trek five and Generations--worst of the series.
Point Break--my vision of hell is to be locked in a room with Keanu Reeves and Patrick Swayze. Keanu is the reason I still don't want to see The Matrix.
Armageddon--I watched this at work and we predicted the plot as the movie played. We weren't wrong, once.
Johnny Mnemonic--Continuing my Keanu theme, this movie has not much to do with the William Gibson story it's based on, eliminates one of his best characters, and also just sucks.
Fast and the Furious--okay, I haven't seen this, but it looked really stupid.
Speed--Dennis Hopper almost saves it, but Sandra Bullock sucks almost as much as Keanu.
Waterworld--do I really need to say anything here?
My Own Private Idaho--okay, maybe I'm too obsessed with how much Keanu sucks. This movie would probably be fine if he didn't go off into Shakespearean passages from Henry the IV and Henry the V.

GNT
10-09-2001, 12:33 AM
Originally posted by Obi-Dan Kenobi

Speed--Dennis Hopper almost saves it, but Sandra Bullock sucks almost as much as Keanu.

I liked the first Speed movie but what about Speed 2 Cruise Control,Man that was a bad movie!

Starfig873
10-09-2001, 07:49 AM
Alright,

Mighty Ducks 1, 2, & however many sequels it has - I just can't stand these movies, yes, I know...even Emilio can't save it ;)

Inspector Gadget - I hate Disney for turning my favorite childhood cartoon into....into this monstrosity!

Deep Blue Sea - *groan* this was just stupid

TITANIC - Suck, suck, suck, suck, uh-suckity, suck, suck?

Leprechaun 4 - what was I thinking renting this in the first place?

Super Mario Bros. - This could have been cool. Buuuuut it wasn't.

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III - This was the worst of the series.

Bride of Chucky - Okay, this was just plain silly.

JediTricks
10-09-2001, 10:42 AM
I saw Batman & Robin on opening day 20 minutes after Speed 2 let out... B&R looked SO much better after Speed 2! Sure, B&R is an awful, terrible, humiliating film, but it's no Speed 2. ;)

But like Fulit, I think after the 1989 Batman film, the franchise just wasn't very good. Even Burton treated his second pass at the Bat with bloated self-indulgment.

Wild Wild West was another totally awful film. The show was great, but I didn't know that till AFTER the movie! Kevin Kline and even Will Smith are pretty entertaining in their own rights, but man did this movie suck.

BC3, I thought Insurrection was only slightly better than Generations, both of which are the bottom of the barrel Trek films, but still I think better than Speed 2.

Starfig, thanks for reminding me about Inspector Gadget, that film was pure garbage! Super Mario was a bad film too, but I think IG was waaaaaay worse.

Brave Sir Robin
10-09-2001, 12:20 PM
I agree that Keanu's acting really does suck in Speed, but he does it better in The Matrix. The Matrix is actually really, really really good. How can you NOT enjoy? Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas? Johnny Depp plays that INCREDIBLY! And Titanic- Leo sucks, parts of it are corny but i thought it was brilliant. It could have been a happy-fairy-tale love story, the ship docked in New York and they got off together. But no, the ship went down, and Rose lost her man, because that's the way it had to be, see? See what I am sayin?

Mandalorian Candidat
10-09-2001, 02:16 PM
THE AVENGERS...

I thought the series was decent, but this movie is just pure excrement. I thought the Care Bears Movie was Oscar material compared with this LOC. The plot was sooooo boring and Sean Connery was ridiculous as the bad guy. I guess every actor gets to be in one huge flop, so this was Ralph Fiennes'. I can honestly say that this was the only movie I've ever fallen asleep while watching (at least I only rented it and didn't spend $7+ at the Bijou.

Nightfall - I agree, it was horrible.

Batman 3 & 4 - Could anyone make a g ayer film? (Why does SSG *'s out that word? Is it really that bad?)

The Man Who Knew Too Little - Totally disagree. Sure there were some corny parts, but it was pretty funny and well written.

I also include any Disney straight-to-video movie. Just a money making scam to fund the Mouse's cheese habit.

El Chuxter
10-09-2001, 03:06 PM
I'm not going to list the ones I disagree with, but here's some contributions to the all-time crap list. I am ashamed to say I've seen all of them:

Benji the Hunted
Mac and Me
In and Out
Highlander 2: The Quickening
Mortal Kombat: Annihilation
China O'Brien
Jurassic Park III
Jerry MacGuire

stillakid
10-09-2001, 03:21 PM
Originally posted by Brave Sir Robin
The Matrix is actually really, really really good. How can you NOT enjoy?

Umm, maybe if they had bothered to write a story that made any sense at all I might have liked it a little bit. I mean, really, Kung Fu? What the hell was that? Human batteries? Gimme a break. Humans are about as bad producers of electricity as my pencil.

You asked.

El Chuxter
10-09-2001, 03:28 PM
EGAD! I forgot the movie that makes all my other choices (except maybe for Mac and Me) look like Oscar material:
Good Burger

Mike Troxell
10-09-2001, 03:50 PM
Crouching Tiger, Hidden Plot...er...Dragon.

Blech.

Brave Sir Robin
10-09-2001, 05:14 PM
i think the ***ing out of the word g a y is because people use it negatively, as you used to describe the two Batman movies as opposed to referring to an actual homosexual.

stillakid
10-09-2001, 05:38 PM
i think the ***ing out of the word g a y is because people use it negatively, as you used to describe the two Batman movies as opposed to referring to an actual homosexual.

Since Schmacher is of that persuasion, the judges ruling on what he did to the franchise holds that use of that word is acceptable in this context. Instead of creating a big screen version of a comic book favorite, he bastardized the idea into his own little perv-fest.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-09-2001, 07:40 PM
As an objective Jedi Knight :p there are few things I cannot find some good in. Seriously, though, there is only one movie I've seen that could fall under "hate."

CB4

It was an early Chris Rock "film." This is how I describe it to everyone who asks: It starts in a flashback sequence, and then the credits roll. Awful! Useless. I think it was a matinee price, so it wasn't so bad. Yuck!

Starfig873
10-09-2001, 08:38 PM
I'm fighting with myself to say Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure...but...but I just can't! I will say I though Bogus Adventure was better IMO.

And I hate Matrix. Cripes that was a dumb movie. The stupid thing reeeeeeally shouldn't have won an Academy Award for that dang bullet scene...*sighs* why the heck that was so "cool" I'll never know.

And thats saying alot from me. After all, I LIKE Howard the Duck! GAH HA HA!

bigbarada
10-09-2001, 09:30 PM
I was totally perplexed as to why the friends I went to go see The Matrix with were saying it changed their lives. Even though we were sitting only one seat away from each other (the legendary Golf-Alpha-Yankee rule when going to the theater with other guys) they must have been watching a different movie. I thought it had a slow, boring plot stapled together with gee-whiz action sequences. For that Gap commercial rip-off to win the SP/FX Oscar over TPM was the ultimate slap in the face to Star Wars.

Austin Powers 2-- never have I been so unamused while watching a movie. I felt like my pockets had just been picked by Mike Myers as I left the theater.:mad:

Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon and Unbreakable-- not really bad movies, just waaaay overrated.

stillakid
10-09-2001, 09:54 PM
Now I remember the movie that really bugged me: The English Patient. What a piece of crap. Nothing but ridiculous "film" tricks slapped together in the guise of a "meaningful" Oscar worthy movie. Suffice it to say it was the kind of movie that Hollywood wants people to believe it makes even though there isn't a studio around here that would ever have financed such a thing. It took me an hour to figure out what was going on and by then I really didn't care. Stupid waste of time.

derek
10-10-2001, 12:31 AM
everyone is right on about the last two batman films, but what about superman 3 and 4? i forgot how bad those were until i rewatched them on the dvd set. superman 3 was 90% richard pryor, who is great, but not in a superman film. and superman 4 was just sad.

Rollo Tomassi
10-10-2001, 10:17 AM
I can't believe no one mentioned The Blair Witch project.

(I can't believe i forgot it the first time around...)

And I forgot about Avengers...eugh..that one was a stink fest alright. And Speed II... oh man, I have to go and cry now...

JediTricks
10-10-2001, 10:44 AM
"The Avengers" was indeed quite repulsive.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-10-2001, 11:51 AM
Originally posted by stillakid
Since Schmacher is of that persuasion, the judges ruling on what he did to the franchise holds that use of that word is acceptable in this context. Instead of creating a big screen version of a comic book favorite, he bastardized the idea into his own little perv-fest.

DING DING DING

Correct answer!

I was never a big Batman fan (I thought he was only a small notch above Aquaman in the JLA), but B1 & B2 were pretty decent movies. I dig that Tim Burton/Danny Elfman combo which made the story/sound pretty good.

When Schumacher took over he jacked up the whole franchise, ruining the chance to have the Riddler, IceMan, Robin, and Batgirl in a good plot. If the movies are ever resurrected, we've lost those opportunities. Looking beyond the whole g-a-y premise/look/whatever, the plots were crummy and so was the dialogue. If TB had stuck with the series it probably would not be dead in the water.

Plus we wouldn't have been subjected to "nipplized" bat costumes or West Hollywood-sized codpieces.

THE Slayer
10-10-2001, 03:25 PM
First off, how could "The Avengers" make this list? They walk inside giant beach balls for crying out loud.

anyways I hate the movie "Dude Where's my car!"

Grif
10-10-2001, 04:15 PM
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!!!

Fulit
10-10-2001, 04:44 PM
Originally posted by Grif
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!!!!

You said it! What a terrible movie they made out of a decent book. I'm just glad they stopped there and didn't make a movie out of Charlie and the Great Glass Elevator.

Brave Sir Robin
10-10-2001, 05:25 PM
My god! HEATHEN! How can you not like Willie Wonka?

Mike Troxell
10-10-2001, 05:31 PM
Yes, you two are heathens. It's one of the only two musicals I can stomach (the other one being the South Park movie).

Obi-Don
10-11-2001, 10:31 AM
The Blair witch project, was the worst ever.I felt like I was ripped off by the time the end came.If that woman thought she was scared,she sure would have if I could have got my hands on her,and hey!Wipe your damn nose will you.

Brave Sir Robin
10-11-2001, 05:14 PM
Shut your f***ing face, uncle f***er! You're a c*** sucking a** licking uncle f***er!

What? no, I don't like South Park: Bigger, Longer & Uncut at all...:)

britcit3
10-11-2001, 05:18 PM
The Blair Witch is an odd one.

I came out of the cinema thinking what a pile of c**p, but then couldn't sleep for three days as I couldn't get it out of my head.

Wierd.

BC3

master jedi
10-11-2001, 11:46 PM
Tomb Raider was a huge load of suck. There were only 2 good scene that were good. The one were she's fighting her training robot and the bungee scene in her mansion. I was suprised to see Rimmer in the movie.

Emperor Howdy
10-12-2001, 03:04 AM
Obi-Dan...easy on the Hellraiser/Halloween blasphemy!! Hellraiser 2? Halloween 1 & 2? Dude, come on...classics. Friday the 13th 1, 2, 3? Nightmare 1?....stop this profane abuse of classic horror at once!! :p

Star Trek...the first one...yaaaaawwwn....loved the others.....except for the chick whale scientist's acting in...err....4, wasn't it?

Blair Witch, Judge Dredd, Lake Placid, American Totally Stupid Pie, Jaws 4, all the Children of the Corn's except the first, Scanners, Tomorrow Never Dies, Mad Max (Beyond Thunderdome....even though Road Warrior rules!), Clerks, The 5th Element, Purple Rain, Street Fighter, Freejack, ummmmm...I'll think of more....

stillakid
10-12-2001, 11:42 AM
Willy Wonka is one of the best films ever made, from the the writing to the production design.

And you're right about Blair Witch. I'm sorry I contributed 8 bucks to somebody's home movie experience. I shot that kind of crap too, but never dreamed of subjecting other people to it, much less charging for it.

Fulit
10-12-2001, 11:56 AM
I got nothing against Willy Wonka, Everlasting Gobstoppers are fabulous. But that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie is horribly 70's and does not stand the test of time IMO. The main thing I hate about it is the casting choice for Charlie. I am one of these freaks that thinks the movie should attempt to stay true to the book, and if you've ever read the book, you know that Charlie is supposed to be painfully emaciated and small. The only thing painful about the giant kid that played Charlie in the movie is his hairstyle. The guy that played Willy Wonka was good though, I want to say his name is Gene Wilder, but I get all those people confused.

Starfig873
10-12-2001, 12:43 PM
Howabout, Addams Family reunion?
Geeeeeez! The first was really good, but then the sequel was pushing it, and then the direct-to-video sequel sucked big time!

Honey I Blew Up the Kid & Honey we shrunk ourselves:
Once again, I loved the first one, second was reeeeeally pushing it, and the third one didn't even have the same kids! GAAA!

Jedi Mara Jade 809
10-12-2001, 08:37 PM
I know that everyone will probobly disagree with me, but I have to say it: I HATE the movie Army of Darkness. The first time that I tried watching it I couldn't make it past the first half hour. Then I tried watching it again because all my friends love the movie. Well I made it through the hole thing with trying only three times to gouge my eyes out. Let me just say this: that is two hours out of my life that I am never getting back.

bigbarada
10-12-2001, 08:54 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Mara Jade 809
I know that everyone will probobly disagree with me, but I have to say it: I HATE the movie Army of Darkness. The first time that I tried watching it I couldn't make it past the first half hour. Then I tried watching it again because all my friends love the movie. Well I made it through the hole thing with trying only three times to gouge my eyes out. Let me just say this: that is two hours out of my life that I am never getting back.

Wow, pretty controversial for your first post JMJ809. Especially right under the no.1 AOD fan, Starfig. Boy, I would love to be a fly on the wall when he reads your post.:D

It took me three viewings and somebody actually explaining to me that it wasn't supposed to be taken seriously for me to understand and eventually appreciate AOD. But if you hate it, that's fine.

One movie I got suckered into going to see at a theatre was Jean Claude Van Damm's The Quest. I don't think I've ever forgiven my friend for telling me it was a good movie.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
10-12-2001, 11:10 PM
I remember when I was a youngen, I saw the 'Never Ending Story' I (or maybe it was II?) and I wanted to walk out of the theatre because the movie was so bad, but my mom wouldn't let me.

'The Scout' with Brendan Fraser was another movie I thought about making a mad dash for the exit.

I remember when I first saw 'Kingpin' with Woody Harrelson and Bill Murray at the theatre I thought it was one of the worst movies ever made. But I saw it again about a year later, and for some reason, I changed my mind.

Groundhog Day with Bill Murray (yet again) was another movie I almost pulled the fire alarm. It had a really long stretch in the film during which I wanted to commit hari kari.

Mike Troxell
10-12-2001, 11:53 PM
Groundhog Day is fantastic!

GNT
10-12-2001, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
I got nothing against Willy Wonka, Everlasting Gobstoppers are fabulous. But that Charlie and the Chocolate Factory movie is horribly 70's and does not stand the test of time IMO. The main thing I hate about it is the casting choice for Charlie. I am one of these freaks that thinks the movie should attempt to stay true to the book, and if you've ever read the book, you know that Charlie is supposed to be painfully emaciated and small. The only thing painful about the giant kid that played Charlie in the movie is his hairstyle. The guy that played Willy Wonka was good though, I want to say his name is Gene Wilder, but I get all those people confused.

They were going to make another version of Willy Wonka a few years back, but I guess it never happened :(

Brave Sir Robin
10-13-2001, 03:23 PM
I have never seen Army of Darkness, but the first Evil Dead movie was CRAP! Totally morbid, gore splattering- hey, I like violence and I was grossed out by it. Also all of the actors are terrible. Why the hell is the main character's name Ashley? is his brother's name Mary Kate or something? Bleah. Crappity crap crap.

stillakid
10-13-2001, 10:35 PM
I have never seen Army of Darkness, but the first Evil Dead movie was CRAP! Totally morbid, gore splattering- hey, I like violence and I was grossed out by it. Also all of the actors are terrible. Why the hell is the main character's name Ashley? is his brother's name Mary Kate or something? Bleah. Crappity crap crap.

Um, yeah it was supposed to be like that. While it's ok to not like a film just because you don't like it, you also have to keep in mind the original intention of it before judging it improperly. Raimi and Co. were out to make a cheesy blood-fest and succeeded quite well. Well enough, in fact, to gather together enough dough to essentially redo it to be even funnier and gory-er in Evil Dead 2. Yeah, if you're looking at these movies to be straight up horror flicks then of course they'll look stupid, but Raimi essentially invented the genre of comedy-horror which nobody had ever really done before. Now it's all over the place with the Freddie movies, Scream(s), and all the clones.

Obi-Dan Kenobi
10-15-2001, 12:40 AM
I'll probably sound like a hippocrite saying this, but I think Army of Darkness is great. I've only seen Evil Dead 2 once (drunk), but I remember liking it, too. The first one was rough, not a very good movie. But the third is fantastic, if you ask me. Absolutely hilarious.

And I'm not saying I do'nt get SOME enjoyment out of watching slasher movies...but it's like they're so bad I'm embarrassed for them, and in that way I'm amused.:) I mean, when Mrs. Vorhees shows up at the camp, spouting all those goofy lines, I'm just laughing my big behind off! But hey, if you look elsewhere in this forum, you'll see that I like ABBA, and still own a Milli Vanilli CD, so to each his own.:D

GNT
10-16-2001, 04:29 AM
One movie I hate is "Jingle All the way" I can't stand it!. Twister as well "I cant stand them both!

stillakid
10-16-2001, 10:32 AM
Fat Guy Goes Nutzoid

ThomasLane
10-16-2001, 10:42 AM
Originally posted by Fulit
...The guy that played Willy Wonka was good though, I want to say his name is Gene Wilder, but I get all those people confused.

Yes, it's Gene Wilder. It's too bad we don't see him in very many movies any more. He's a brilliant actor.

Originally posted by Lowly Bantha Cleaner
Groundhog Day with Bill Murray (yet again) was another movie I almost pulled the fire alarm. It had a really long stretch in the film during which I wanted to commit hari kari.

Groundhog Day is one of my all-time favorites!

I think maybe the movie that was the biggest disappointment for me was Starship Troopers. What a piece of crap! Somebody sure wasted a lot of money on that film.

2-1B
02-14-2009, 03:49 PM
Any Sly Stallone film made since 1985 except Cliffhanger and Copland (which arent great but fall in the mediocre category)

I disagree with that statement because I thought Rocky Balboa was a wonderful film.

Rocketboy
02-14-2009, 06:19 PM
Can't help but notice that stilla doesn't mention Episode 1.
I'll bet he secretly loved it.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
02-15-2009, 01:37 AM
Since he's gone, we can only assume that he actually really did love the prequels. Like one of those closeted gay guys who pretends to be homophobic or anti-gay.

CaptainSolo1138
02-15-2009, 10:41 PM
He would often loop the "meadow scene" for hours on end, sniffling the whole time.

2-1B
02-15-2009, 10:47 PM
with Easter Egg moments in the loop showing "Hayden going into the suit." :yes:

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
02-15-2009, 11:59 PM
I propose that this thread be renamed to "movies most hated by forlorn and banned forum members."

scruffziller
10-13-2009, 06:06 PM
I propose that this thread be renamed to "movies most hated by forlorn and banned forum members."

I love it when somebody thinks what I think!!:D

Blue2th
10-13-2009, 06:34 PM
Sing it in Willies voice:

Original Trilogy lovers are frequently secretly fond of the Prequels
What did you think those lightsabers and cloaks was about?
There's many an Original Trilogy lover who don't understand the way that he feels towards the Prequels.
Inside every Original Trilogy lover there's a Prequel liker who'd love to slip out.

Ten Jedi for each Sith was the rule way back when in the Clone Wars,
And somehow those Original Trilogy lovers must have kept themselves occupied late at night.
Original Trilogy lovers are famous for getting riled up about the Prequels,
But I'll tell you the reason a big strong man gets so uptight:

Original Trilogy lovers are frequently secretly fond of the Prequels.
That's why they wear Jedi Cloaks, and Lightsabers and secretly go to the Prequel premiers.
There's many a Original Trilogy lover who don't understand the way that he feels towards the Prequels;
There's many a Jedi who's more like a Sith at night.

scruffziller
10-16-2009, 04:52 PM

A very bizarre film, kept me entertained. I dont need to watch it again.
Once satisfied me.

Yea this movie had no purpose, therefore, made no sense. Lucky Lebowski gets to screw Julianne Moore...bastard. The Coen bros are those filmmakers that make gems or big piles of turds. I wonder how their "Serious Man" is?

WHAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!?????????????????????:eek:
This is one of my favs of all time. Ive probably watched it over 100 times.
And love the book!!! however this is one of those rarities where the film is better than the book. But the book is more redeeming. Book was out before the film.

Favorite movies are easy. But which wastes of celluloid stole your 8 bucks and precious minutes of your life? This isn't just for moderate disliking of a movie, but really gut-level "what the hell were they thinking?" kinds of loathing. Yes you can include those situations where you only saw part of the thing because you just had to walk out before all sense of good taste left your body.

Hmmmmm well... These days Im really cautious. I can generally sniff out a stinker 1000 miles away and just not go to see it or even rent it. I would have to say the only one that REALLY took me was the 2nd X-Files movie. GAWDDDDDAMMMM!!!!! The most boring episode of the entire show was WAYYYY better than this dungheap. And they sold it on a misleading notion.

I disagree with that statement because I thought Rocky Balboa was a wonderful film.
ABSOLUTELY!!! I loved it too. Rambo 4 was ALSO very, very good. Which threw me off. I thought it was going to suck major. But like both films, Sly didn't try to make it something that it wasn't. And that was refreshing. That he wasn't making these to milk the names, but there was still stories to be told.

LTBasker
10-16-2009, 05:12 PM
Hmm... I'm sure if I could think of them all it would be a long list, but for now...

- Mamma Mia
- The Mummy 3
- Jurassic Park ///
- Blade Trinity
- X-men 3
- Batman & Robin
- Anchorman
- Star Trek Nemesis
- GI Joe
- Eyes Wide Shut
- Harry Potter (Order of the Phoenix)
- Be Kind Rewind
- Year One

scruffziller
10-16-2009, 05:26 PM
Hmm... I'm sure if I could think of them all it would be a long list, but for now...

- GI Joe
- Year One

Yep sniffed these out in hurry!!!

Be jealous of me, I didnt go see them.:D

morpheus282
10-16-2009, 06:27 PM
The first three bad movies that spring to mind:

Starship Troopers
Barbarella
Nearly anything with Will Farrell
Starship troopers could have been much better, but it seems that instead the writers/producers went for a bloodfest with bugs that fart plasma. Nobody even questioned how a bug could have calculated the speed and vector needed to send an asteroid at Earth, much less knock it through hyperspace by farting plasma at it, all because of a gratuitous shower scene. Utterly horrible.

Babarella - enough said.

Will Farrell is a good supporting actor, but with the exception of Elf I haven't seen him in a movie that could support him as a lead actor.

sith_killer_99
10-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Not really a list of movies I "hate" but movies I refuse to watch:

The Horse Whisperer
Titanic
Waiting to Exhale
The First Wives Club
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
The Notebook
Autumn in New York
The Prince of Tides
The Bridges of Madison County

I think you get the idea.:yes:

LTBasker
10-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Be jealous of me, I didnt go see them.:D

I'm somewhat envious of you, but at the very least I didn't pay to see either of them. GI Joe I couldn't sit all the way through, I made it about 45 minutes before I had to escape otherwise the closest pointy object would have been in my eyes. Year One, though, I stayed through to the end hoping it would redeem itself at some point. Unfortunately, it never came close, and the only decent scenes were featured in the very first trailer.

Rocketboy
10-16-2009, 11:57 PM
The first 2 Lord of the Rings movies (didn't bother with the 3rd) and Fight Club.

El Chuxter
10-17-2009, 12:26 AM
Starship Troopers wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It was a satire. Viewed in that light, it's a much better film. I cannot say the same about the sequels, which, supposedly, are intended to be serious.

LTBasker
10-17-2009, 01:06 AM
And yet the sequels are a joke. I suppose that would be a paradox if they held any actual relevance.

Lord Malakite
10-17-2009, 01:40 AM
Starship Troopers wasn't meant to be taken seriously. It was a satire. Viewed in that light, it's a much better film. I cannot say the same about the sequels, which, supposedly, are intended to be serious.
The Trooper armor from that movie was later used by Saban on Power Rangers for the Lost Galaxy season, which coincidently also featured evil alien bugs (but unlike Starship Troopers it was meant to be serious...to kid show standards anyway). Their leader (Scorpius) even loosely resembled the Brain Bug. If I'm not mistaken I think the Trooper armor then ended up getting used on Firefly.

paycheques
10-23-2009, 05:54 PM
In general war movies!

pbarnard
10-23-2009, 06:21 PM
Westerns.

Transformers 2.
Any Mummy movie.
Kevin Costner not baseball movies
Dumb and Dumberer
Romy and Michelle's High School Reuninion
Bring It On
Anything American Pie now.

sith_killer_99
10-23-2009, 07:02 PM
In general war movies!

Does that include Star Wars?!?! :laugh:

El Chuxter
10-24-2009, 09:07 PM
I really hate that one movie. You know, the one with that guy, in that place, and he does that thing. You know what I'm talking about, right?

sith_killer_99
10-24-2009, 10:27 PM
I really hate that one movie. You know, the one with that guy, in that place, and he does that thing. You know what I'm talking about, right?

Oh yeah, it was released the same year that other movie was, you know the one with that guy and that girl who did stuff and then ended up together.

I think that movie you are talking about was released on DVD.

Rocketboy
10-24-2009, 11:47 PM
You guys are nuts - I love that movie!
I love the part where the guy has the epiphany, gives a moving speech and makes the life-altering choice.

scruffziller
10-27-2009, 12:59 PM
And yet the sequels are a joke. I suppose that would be a paradox if they held any actual relevance.

Any STRAIGHT TO VIDEO sequel of a great theatrical release film is a BIG RED FLAG for pile of poo!!!

the only decent scenes were featured in the very first trailer.

Yep, Hollywood's method of pushing crap!!!

Not really a list of movies I "hate" but movies I refuse to watch:

The Horse Whisperer
Titanic
Waiting to Exhale
The First Wives Club
Divine Secrets of the Ya-Ya Sisterhood
The Notebook
Autumn in New York
The Prince of Tides
The Bridges of Madison County

I think you get the idea.:yes:

The question is, did you SEE any of them?

morpheus282
10-27-2009, 01:10 PM

I still haven't made it around to reading the book, but from what I understand it's very good and is also written as a satire. I've been told by fans of the book that the movie was a poor adaption of it for Hollywood purposes. I heard that when James Cameron was told they were making a movie of the book he responded with "...but I've already done that" (Aliens).

I haven't seen the sequels, it would take more money than you could imagine to make me sit through any of them.

Whatever Jake Busey was paid for that movie, it wasn't enough.

scruffziller
11-05-2009, 05:56 PM
GOOD LORD why did I attempt watch Transformers number 2... pun intended. For the first time in my life I know what it means to have 2 1/2 hours lost.:cry:

Ando
11-05-2009, 06:09 PM
I still haven't made it around to reading the book, but from what I understand it's very good and is also written as a satire.

The book is very good and there's a 3rd species (besides the humans and the bugs) in the book that never made it into the movie but is in the Roughnecks CGi cartoon series. The Roughnexks series is a better adaptation to the book than the movie.

Darth Metalmute
11-05-2009, 06:19 PM
The Horse Whisperer was dreadful. I'm still ticked I saw that in the theater.

Epic Movie and Disaster Movie were horrible. But then again, they were intended to be.

Qui-Long Gone
11-05-2009, 09:35 PM
Oh yeah, it was released the same year that other movie was, you know the one with that guy and that girl who did stuff and then ended up together.

I think that movie you are talking about was released on DVD.

Are you and El talking about that one about the thing that happens to that guy and the girl with whats-his-name as the villian?

I agree with Rocket, that movie (well at least the score by that one composer) was great!

*I do hate the sequel though....

Bel-Cam Jos
03-24-2011, 01:23 PM
Interesting that no one hated any films over the last year and a half, eh?
MERGE!

morpheus282
03-24-2011, 01:32 PM
Interesting that no one hated any films over the last year and a half, eh?
MERGE!

Not quite true. Hollywood hasn't presented anything original over the last year and a half, so rehashing the hate for yet another stale idea seemed a little redundant. As soon as a truly horrible movie based on a NEW idea comes out, I'll be more than happy to tell everyone how much I hated it.

JediTricks
03-24-2011, 02:08 PM
According to box office reports, less people are seeing movies. Perhaps they are being pickier with their selections. I used to see a ton of movies, now I see maybe 3 a year at the most, and usually at least 1 of those is disappointing.