PDA

View Full Version : what happens to yoda's lightsaber...

hango fett
07-10-2002, 10:56 AM
since he doesn't have one in ESB or ROTJ, does it get broke or does he just not use it like he does in I and II?
(this could go in EIII, but i don't know..)
hango

Jedi Knightrider
07-10-2002, 10:59 AM
Originally posted by hango fett
since he doesn't have one in ESB or ROTJ, does it get broke or does he just not use it like he does in I and II?
(this could go in EIII, but i don't know..)
hango

Well, he doesn't use it in I.

But I see your point. I think maybe he just gets rid of it. Perhaps one of his last lessons HE learned is that "wars not make one great."

lunchymeatball
07-10-2002, 11:08 AM
Originally posted by Jedi Knightrider

No he didn't use it but I saw a picture in the visual dictionary of it.
So he could have had it about his person.
Seeing Episode 2 confirms he has one.
He doesn't use it in the OT, doesn't mean he hasn't got it, as in Episode 1.

hango fett
07-10-2002, 11:24 AM
yes, but does he have it in TPM? i guess i should have just asked that..
hango

DeadEye
07-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Why wouldn't he have it in TPM? Maybe in the time between Ep3 and ESB, Yoda broke his saber or lost it in the swamps of Dagobah or something. :p

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-10-2002, 12:46 PM
good idea, deadeye but I think Vader/Dooku/Palpatine will take it from him some how because they think he will defeat them or something....

Lobito
07-10-2002, 02:02 PM
Yoda does have a lightsaber in EP I, although its not seen in the movie, you can see it in the EP I visual dictionary as lunchymeatball said.

The question remains for ESB and ROTJ, but i think he still had the saber in those two movies.

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 02:15 PM
Well where is Yoda's lightsaber in ESB or ROTJ ? Your guess is as good as mine, but I would imagine that it's either stored away like Obi-Wan did with Luke's fathers, or Yoda lost it in Episode III.
If he lost it which I doubt, because it's a Jedi life line like Obi-Wan said in ATOC, but if he did it was most likely in his last battle. I really believe that it's stored away for safe keeping.

pthfnder89
07-10-2002, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by brandon
I really believe that it's stored away for safe keeping.
I agree with brandon.

He definitely didn't carry it around with him on Dagobah (and why would he? He the only sentient creature on the planet) but we don't know that he didn't train Luke with it. Luke was on Dagobah for several weeks (I think) and we only saw a tiny bit of his training. And when he faced Vader on Bespin, he was obviously pretty skilled at dueling.

So Yoda may very well have used his saber to teach Luke and we just didn't see it.:)

LTBasker
07-10-2002, 03:15 PM
In TPM we wouldn't off seen it because we didn't even see it in AOTC until he pulled back his cloak. I'll have to agree with Brandon, quite possibly he hid it away on Dagobah so he would only have to use it if it ever came to that.

If he had lost it I think he would've just built another lightsaber.

billfremore
07-10-2002, 03:39 PM
perhaps he feels he is too old.
Yes too old to swing a light saber by episodes 5 and 6
(well he's dying in jedi so I'm sure the last thing he wants to do is get in some saber practice):D

Jonna
07-10-2002, 03:43 PM
What the heck would he need it for on Dagobah? Doncha think it would be overkill to uproot plants with it?

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 04:00 PM
Originally posted by Jonna
What the heck would he need it for on Dagobah? Don't ya think it would be overkill to uproot plants with it?

I'm not too concerned with this matter either Jonna, but he probably still has it tucked away for safe keeping, even though it's a big galaxy Vader could show up anytime to ensure Yoda won't be teaching anymore Jedi's. Yoda would be the type to be prepared so I believe he tucked it away in a box or it's still under his robes. If he lost it, then it's like LtBasker said he probably made another one. He is a Jedi and a lighsaber is his weapon besides the force.

MFH
07-10-2002, 09:40 PM
Just because we don't see it in OT, doesn't mean he doesn't have it. I'm sure he has it somewhere, unless he accidentally dropped it in the swamp.

FKA Broke Collector
07-12-2002, 09:08 PM
Before Ep1 and 2 I always thought Yoda was so powerful he didn't need a lightsaber. Like the Emperor: he didn't need a lightsaber to try and kill Luke. He just emitted force lightning out of his own hands. Maybe Yoda was so powerful by ESB that he didn't even need one.

MFH
07-12-2002, 09:45 PM
Originally posted by FKA Broke Collector
Before Ep1 and 2 I always thought Yoda was so powerful he didn't need a lightsaber. Like the Emperor: he didn't need a lightsaber to try and kill Luke. He just emitted force lightning out of his own hands. Maybe Yoda was so powerful by ESB that he didn't even need one. I know what you mean. I never even imagined Yoda with a lightsaber until AOTC.

scruffziller
07-12-2002, 10:25 PM
Yea he probably did lose it that is why he was so fascinated with Luke's little flashlight, he thought he found it!

Nebulaz
07-13-2002, 03:16 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Knightrider

But I see your point. I think maybe he just gets rid of it. Perhaps one of his last lessons HE learned is that "wars not make one great."

I like that idea.

Darth Vellner
07-16-2002, 02:59 PM
I dont think he needs his lightsaber in ep. 5 & 6 .....he is older and weaker phi-sick-ley - ha!
so he could not use a lightsaber as well in ep. 5 & 6 his greatest force power would be his mind-----

:zzz:

Nebulaz
07-17-2002, 01:06 AM
in OT he uses a stick to poke r2

pthfnder89
07-17-2002, 03:40 PM
Originally posted by Nebulaz
in OT he uses a stick to poke r2

That's all a REAL Jedi would need; a stolen granola bar and a STICK!

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 03:14 PM
Maybe he hid it in the stick, hmmm.....Granola Bar.

Pendo
07-18-2002, 03:25 PM
I think he definetly still had it somewhere. He keeps it hidden in an old shoe box under his bed, just incase he gets an unsuspecting visit from Vader, or for if he ever wants to go to the cave, he'll hever know what he could encounter in there! What if he is attacked by the swamp monster or a knobby spider or something, he would need the saber to protect himself, so I would say he still has it somewhere, but if it is in a box under his bed I don't know how it will help him there.

PENDO!

Jayspawn
07-20-2002, 02:39 AM
A lot of these reasons are crazy. He doesn't use it because HE DOESN'T HAVE TO! Plain and simple.

hango fett
07-20-2002, 09:55 AM
he could have hiod it somewhere....just have no clue where..

misthunter210
07-26-2002, 11:06 PM
. In a book called; "A guide to the star wars Universe" under the subject of Jedi masters it says " Jedi Masters are teachers and miracle-workers of extreme power and ability. Jedi Masters have moved beyond the need for weapons such as lightsabers, preffering to depend solely on the Force to give them strength.

pthfnder89
07-27-2002, 08:15 PM
True, but the entry in that Guide was written based soley on guesses from what was seen in the OT.(and the only Master in the OT was Yoda)

And now we've pretty much seen that Jedi Masters use lightsabers every bit as much as other Jedi.

hango fett
07-27-2002, 08:34 PM
yep...maybe even more. i think he could have just not mentioned it so luke could presume he was too good for a saber.
hango