PDA

View Full Version : Star Tours Figures, an Updated Reality Check

RynBkr2002
07-10-2002, 01:01 PM
Hey guys, I just wanted to give everyone an update. A little bit ago, someone posted on this forum that anyone could order the new Star Tours figures via telephone, or through an e-mail address. However, that is NOT TRUE!! I tried to order myself a set through the telephone first. I called several times, and talked to several different people. I was told the same thing by each of the salespeople. It was that the only way anybody to get these figures now was to be at the opening of the new Disney Store, "Once Upon a Toy." The store opens on August 1st. So, nobody can get them through the telephone numbers given, and through the e-mail correspondance. So it really looks like these two figures will be pretty hard to get a hold of, unless through the Fan Club and/or ebay!!

What is everyone's thoughts on this . . .??

icatch9
07-10-2002, 02:44 PM
Hard to get a hold of? I doubt it. I mean you'll have to go to Didney World to get them, but they'll probally have tons of them. Hasbro would just make just a few of them. That's not how these things work. Once the store opens they'll be tons of them on ebay for just about $10.00. I'm mearly guess, but it will probally come true. Eveyone in FL will be trying to cash in on these and no one will bite becasue that are boreing ugly figures that have a miniscual presence in the Star Was Universe. They are even farther that Expanded Universe. They are more like "Invented Disney Universe". Don't freat just yet. Wait until mid Aug and you'll be able to get them on ebay. You may pay $15 or so each, but that's a lot cheeper than the price to go to Disney Land and the price of the ticket to get in :).

Case in point. They sale and exclusive Indiana Jones 3 3/4 figure there for $10.00. He's one of the most popular movie characters ever and that's the only action figure form he comes in. He sells for right around $15-20. So, these not so popular droids should be less, once they are out.

Hey Maybe we can get Sir Steeve (who lives in FL) to take a trip and buy a whole bunch and sell them off to us forumnites.

What do you say Sir Steve???

brentfett
07-10-2002, 02:58 PM
I think it sucks. Yet another addition to the scalpers' arsenal.

LTBasker
07-10-2002, 02:59 PM
I'm sure there are plenty of people around there who would be willing to trade for them. Either that or if you know friends or friendly neighbors that are going to Disney you could possibly ask them and give them an amount of money for spending on those, trustworthy neighbors of course though. :D

yodajedimaster01
07-10-2002, 04:26 PM
Which park is this once upon a toy store at?

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-10-2002, 04:32 PM
Once Upon A Toy is a store located in the Downtown Disney area of Walt Disney World. It is free to get in to Downtown Disney, and does not require any sort of admission to it, or any of the four parks.
And of course, I went to WDW just last month. :rolleyes:

Jedi Juice
07-10-2002, 05:14 PM
True, but for people not near the Disney World/ Disney Land vicinity, it will cost them a good bit just to travel to the "happiest place on earth" just to get a few figures. Not unless they happen to go on vacation....

yodajedimaster01
07-10-2002, 07:12 PM
I hope these figures are wourth good in trade value because I want to get an extra set to see if i can trade it for Jorg Sacul.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-10-2002, 07:19 PM
These figs are already available at DWorld as my friend just went there and picked them up a bit ago and they are supposed to available at DLand I hear in either August or October. I just went to Downtown Disney (So.Cal) and nothing as of yet. I will keep checking since I live only 20 minutes away.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-10-2002, 07:21 PM
These figures are pretty cool...
I would buy them if I saw them! I am always ready to buy different looking droids!!!!! :)

yodajedimaster01
07-10-2002, 07:28 PM
They're available already at Disney World? Thats the one in Florida right? I've only been there once but if they are available it's time for my second trip.

stillakid
07-10-2002, 07:43 PM
I did order them a few weeks ago with no problem. Then I got a call last week from a very nice lady who said that they took the order in error...however they would still honor the order in a couple months.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-10-2002, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by yodajedimaster01
They're available already at Disney World? Thats the one in Florida right? I've only been there once but if they are available it's time for my second trip.

Yup my friend is sending me a rex. Rumor has it they were out but then pulled back until August but my friend got em before they were pulled back in. Oh and yes Disney World is in FL and Disneyland (the original and always the best) is in Anaheim, CA.

yodajedimaster01
07-10-2002, 08:00 PM
So they're going to be put back out at that once upon a toy store on august 1st because i just talked to someone who said they had them 3 weeks ago at the star tours ride and sold out.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-10-2002, 08:05 PM
check out rebelscum.com news around late june early july as well as SSG news around that time- from the source they accidently got put out, and won't be put out again until August. Not sure if they sold out or not but that's the news :)

rynobot
07-10-2002, 08:53 PM
I still don't see how these figures can be accepted as Star Wars figures. Why are they on POTJ cards and have Star Wars labled on them?

cptpinkerton
07-10-2002, 10:50 PM
I don't really know if these figures should even count.
They look terrible, whoever said they were far beyond EU was dead on. Disney-U.
Craptastic.
LMS

Master Goeweins
07-10-2002, 11:04 PM
I live in Florida and have season passes to Disney. Star Tours is an awesome ride just for the walkthrough at the beginning! Life size Threepio, Artoo and a control room with Mon Calamaris at the panels. Man, it rocks. The ride itself could use an update, but the characters look good. I am definitely getting the figures as a Star Wars fan that has also grown up with Star Tours. I don't think they will be hard to get from Disney, only if you don't live nearby. But, then I am sure that some people will work out trades or just flat out buy them for SSG users.

Lord Tenebrous
07-10-2002, 11:28 PM
They're decent droids, but $10 pulls them down into the negative on the value scale. They should have been $3 each, and thrown loose in a bin like the figurines of days past....ah yes. I have some from Lucasfilm's other venture...Captain EO

Deoxyribonucleic
07-11-2002, 12:21 AM
Originally posted by Lord Tenebrous
They're decent droids, but $10 pulls them down into the negative on the value scale. They should have been $3 each, and thrown loose in a bin like the figurines of days past....ah yes. I have some from Lucasfilm's other venture...Captain EO

NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO! I thought that was safely locked away in my "forget memories" file! Ahhhhrrrrrrgggggggggg! Thank the Maker that ride/attraction is NO LONGER!

stooopid Michael Jackson *in homer simpson's voice

:crazed: :stupid:

figrin bran
07-11-2002, 01:07 AM
nooooooooooo!!! i remember that "attraction" as well and i never knew why my family would insist upon going to it.

well i for one, would really want both of the droid figures. :)

BillyJAck
07-11-2002, 01:32 AM
wasn't max rebo in the captain eo film? that thing was awful

icatch9
07-11-2002, 08:08 AM
I never realized that Captian EO was a Lucasfilm. I went to DW when I was about 8 or 9. I thought the EO attraction was pretty cool. I liked MJ alright, but I wasn't a fanatic about him. Still at that age, I thought all the 3D stuff was pretty cool. I'm sure if I'd of seen it at an older age I'd be as put off by it as you guys :).

I still don't think that these figures will be very expensive or hard to get a hold of. I'm sorry to the guy who wants to trade a set of these for a Sacul, but I doubt that will ever happen. A person could sell his Sacul for $80, hop on a bus to DW, buy the two figures and still be $10.00 in the black. These will be tradeable, but I don't think people will be getting very rare or valuable figures in trade for them. It would be different if they were major characters never befor made or something. But they are goofey looking droids from out dated ride that most people don't know about and even care about.

I'm waiting until they bring back Star Wars weekends to make my trip down. Hope they start that back up next year :)