PDA

View Full Version : Freeze Frames

ACPin
10-08-2001, 12:49 PM
I got them for openers when they initially came out which meant that all of the reissued figures were also opened! :eek: About the only figure that I didn't find on retail was the Weequay cause I lost track of what I had and didn't at one point.

I did manage to get a trilogo Weequay thru some trades and I've got all the freeze frames inside the mail-in holders. Plus I sent for the viewer which also contained a couple of freeze frames. From the list of figures that were supposed to be on freeze frames, only Ponda Baba wasn't done. I did win an ebay auction for a custom one which completes my collection.

How about you?

Lobito
10-08-2001, 01:11 PM
I only got the freeze frames that were in the new waves, so i didnt buy the ones i already have just for a frame, however, (knowing that u collect the frames) i think i heard somewhere that there are two different freeze frames of R2-D2...do u have them both??

r2dee2
10-08-2001, 05:57 PM
Lobito, the freeze frame pic on the R2's are the same, it's just the writing on the freeze frame that changed....and like ACPin, I have them all:)

Bel-Cam Jos
10-08-2001, 06:15 PM
I have 3 FF holders, plus the binoculars with the 2 slides it came with. I'm missing several slides, but since I have the hologram version of the figure, I don't care. They are the best pack-in for SW figure so far, IMO.

OC47150
10-09-2001, 12:14 PM
I believe I have all of the Imperials with FFs, plus plenty others. When they're clearanced to $2, it's hard to pass up!

I attempted to buy five FF holders from Hasbro, but they only sent me one. It still p@#%es me off to this day!!!!

Mandalorian Candidat
10-09-2001, 05:02 PM
I would really like to get a Sandtrooper FF. It's the only one I lack. At this point I'm about ready to write off on ever getting the carded FF version. It seems that just getting the freeze frame itself is going to either take some bucks or creative bargaining. Funny that that would be the one figure (besides Weequay) to be in rare supply. It's really not even that great.

Sith Apprentice
10-10-2001, 08:37 AM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
I have 3 FF holders, plus the binoculars with the 2 slides it came with. I'm missing several slides, but since I have the hologram version of the figure, I don't care. They are the best pack-in for SW figure so far, IMO.

Could not agree more, they are by far the best thing to have come with a figure in the modern line. I'm trying to get a collection of loose FF's together and enough holders to put them in. Again the UK gets screwed as we could not send direct to Hasbro for them because the offer was only good in the US and Canada. I also have to search e-bay for FF figures as a bargain and buy on import because we never got them over here in stores like TRU apart from a short run of the Ree-Yees, DSD, DST line. BTW how much is a Canadian FF Weequay going for at the mo? I'm collecting loose so it would obviously be cheaper than the US FF. Saying that, I did get a bit of a bargain about six months ago. I managed to find a stupid scalper at a convention! Paid 10 (what about $15?) for a MOMC US FF Sandtrooper! That pleased me greatly.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-10-2001, 11:15 AM
Originally posted by Sith Apprentice
BTW how much is a Canadian FF Weequay going for at the mo? I'm collecting loose so it would obviously be cheaper than the US FF. Saying that, I did get a bit of a bargain about six months ago. I managed to find a stupid scalper at a convention! Paid 10 (what about $15?) for a MOMC US FF Sandtrooper! That pleased me greatly.

I got a Tri-logo (Canadian) Weequay FF off of ebay about 18 months ago. I believe I paid $30 (US) for it. I'm actually glad it's the tri-logo version because it gives my collection a little variety.

Good coup on the FF ST! May we all find scalpers as uninformed or gullible as this one!

Sith Apprentice
10-11-2001, 11:13 AM
Cheers man, thanks for the info.

Yes it was nice to be able to turn the tables on mr scalper for once. I pray that everyone on the forums will get to do it at one point in their lives to get that one figure they really want without getting screwed on price. If I do sell it at some point Mandalorian Candidate, you get first call on it and at a reasonable price.

As you seem to be a font of knowledge, what are the general prices on Canadian FF figures? (A diversion here - what do we classify as tri-logo? I thought Canadian cards only have two languages on them. I class European figures as tri-logo because they have English, Fench and German on them. Then again, certain canadian (?) cards have English, French and Spanish. The whole Canadian, tri-logo, European issue gets me confused. I only collect European figures (for my proper carded collection - rather than loose figures that I just like) so I have to be careful what I'm buying, for example on e-bay, if someone describes it as 'tri-logo') Anyway, rarest FF's are Sandtrooper, Weequay and Tie Pilot - please correct me if I'm wrong. What do the Canadian/tri-logo equivalents go for in terms of the rarer FF's? Any info would be appreciated.

ACPin
10-11-2001, 12:01 PM
Originally posted by Sith Apprentice
What are the general prices on Canadian FF figures? Anyway, rarest FF's are Sandtrooper, Weequay and Tie Pilot - please correct me if I'm wrong. What do the Canadian/tri-logo equivalents go for in terms of the rarer FF's? Any info would be appreciated.

You forgot Boba Fett and Garindan. You're out of luck on the Sandtrooper since it was only issued in the US. As for the prices on the Canadian version of these FF imperials, they're generally less than half of what the USA version commands and that also depends on the card condition.

evenflow
10-12-2001, 07:54 AM
I was never into them. I regret that because then i had to go back and try to catch up. I have them all except for the Sandtrooper. I am still trying to get my hands on one of those. I wonder why Ponda Baba never came out though?

GNT
10-16-2001, 02:37 AM
I was never into the freeze frames at the start because I already had the figures on the green cards and wasn't going to spend $15 to get another version of what I already Had! Although I think the Freeze Frames are the Best pack in done so far :)

Turbowars
11-13-2001, 09:20 PM
By far the Freeze Frame figures were the best. When I used to be able to go to my local Target every morning at 8, I would run to the Star Wars section and see nothing. One and only day, I saw all the re-releases on the pegs and I was so shocked. I got a tingling feeling and pulled off two of each, as everyone did that morning. At that time I thought I would keep one in the package and open the other one and put it in the FF folder, Thank God I didn't do it. To this day I can't beleive I found 2 FF Sandtroopers and 2 FF Boba Fett's and 2 of the rest and paid retail for them. No I didn't find any Weequay's or AT-ST Driver's. I ended up paying High dollar for them. I kind of wonder what the assorment was for Weequay and AT-ST Driver. Anyways I wish that all the figures were on FF cards, but that just wouldn't be Kenner or Habro wouldn't it!!!!!

OC47150
11-14-2001, 07:43 AM
I remember the pleasure and excitement when I found the Admiral Piett figure at Target. Those were the good days!