PDA

View Full Version : Jedi Star Fighter w/ Obi-Wan (Pilot) (MERGED)

Casual George
07-10-2002, 02:48 PM
K-mart exclusive!

One Question: WHY DIDN'T HASBRO SHIP IT THIS WAY TO BEGIN WITH!!!!!!:frus:

http://www.rebelscum.com/photo.asp?image=toys2/starfighterbx.jpg

billfremore
07-10-2002, 02:50 PM
Simple.

Hasbro wants your money.
All of it. :D

LTBasker
07-10-2002, 03:07 PM
That's kinda sweet lookin, I think I'll buy that but keep it in the box. As long as it doesn't cost alot.

Lord Tenebrous
07-10-2002, 03:12 PM
Well, it is the Jedi Starfighter, and there might be one or two Jedi who can fit into it, so I guess they figured, why put Obi-Wan in if the consumer wants the pilot to be a different figure? I'm going to get one shortly, overhaul it, and make it a specialty vehicle for Bossk. :)

Of course, Slave 1 could be argued...would Jango really loan out that ship? Although I suppose you could have some post-Arena Geonosian Warriors taking it for a joyride.

Both of these sets are up in the air, however. Kmart hopefully would have kept the price down (like with Ultimate Fett), but I don't know if these will sell for KayBee's "mall rent" prices.

JEDIpartner
07-10-2002, 04:42 PM
Odd... all the stickers are on it, too... probably a nicer application than any of US were able to accomplish! No big deal... rehash, rebox... reissue.

thespar
07-10-2002, 04:51 PM
looks like they forgot obi-wan's cloack

LTBasker
07-10-2002, 04:52 PM
If I had known it was gonna be that nice I would've just got one of the 4/23 Jedi Starfighters to keep boxed and just gotten two of these. 'Course I could use my current Jedi Starfighter as just a display piece, since I did get some of the stickers that went under those small wing flaps mixed up. :(

From the looks of the package, it looks like the communication dish comes with it's stand like it does with the basic figure, but he doesn't appear to come with a cloak.

Beast
07-10-2002, 04:55 PM
Not bad looking. I was thinking of buying a second Jedi Starfighter, maybe I will wait and get this set if it ever comes out. Ya know what I find humorous is that Rebelscum slapped their logo on the picture, even though this is the same picture out of Action Figure Digest. :rolleyes: :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

JediJeff77
07-10-2002, 05:49 PM
What is the deal with Obi's arm? In the pics I've seen, his left arm looks sorta 'gimpy' from the shoulder to the elbow. Did they fix this on the final figure? He looks great other than that.
-J

Darth_Maul25SW
07-10-2002, 06:09 PM
Anyone know if Obi-Wan's cloak is included?

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-10-2002, 07:01 PM
i might buy it just because i havent bought my jedi starfighter sence it's EVERYWHERE and like 30 at each place i go

jdmarlow
07-10-2002, 07:15 PM
Re-box for the Starfighter w/ obi-wan?? That is lame! It looks nice but I'd feel stupid to buy it. So I won't.

RooJay
07-11-2002, 09:24 PM
It would've been nice at least for them to have clued us in on this one ahead of time. I only need one Jedi Starfighter, and had I know this set were coming out I would've waited. By the way, I do agree that this is how it should've been done in the first place. For those of you who would've wanted an extra Star Fighter without an extra Obi Wan, they could've released the pilot-less version later on.

I suppose it could've been worse...they could've packed in an exclusive figure that I'd really want, instead of Obi Wan!

rynobot
07-11-2002, 09:33 PM
Ah poodoo, its probably gonna cost $30.00 too. Why Hasbro do you lie and cheat me out of this $30.00?

Beast
07-11-2002, 09:36 PM
Actually there were a few reports that they were planning to do this set, and a Slave 1 w/ Jango Fett (Pilot) set back before the Saga figures were even released. Not many people took notice of it at the time though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

The True Maul
07-11-2002, 09:39 PM
If I can't get pilot Obi Wan I'll have to spend 30 bucks plus I didn't get the starfighter either. :( :cry:

rynobot
07-11-2002, 09:40 PM
Please answer me Jar Jar, you answer every other question.

Lord Tenebrous
07-11-2002, 10:00 PM
Well, considering that the Starfighter is for Kaybee, and Slave 1 is for Kmart, just add 5 dollars on the 'basic' advertized price, and you have a good estimate.

There'll probably also be some lag time between the two, since Hasbro seems focused on keeping the new Jango concealed, and they certainly don't want unneeded competition between the carded and pack-in versions.

The biggest obstacle is that all the stores have too many of the standard ships, so these might have low production numbers. Not as dire a situation for some as say, the Acklay, but there's still scalper potential, unfortunately.

Beast
07-11-2002, 10:04 PM
Lord Tenebrous, The Jedi Starfighter was supposed to be exclusive to K-Mart also, but due to their financial situation currently, Hasbro took the exclusive to Kay Bee instead. I wouldn't be suprised if the same thing happens, when the Slave 1 w/ Pilot Jango comes out. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 10:10 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks
Actually there were a few reports that they were planning to do this set, and a Slave 1 w/ Jango Fett (Pilot) set back before the Saga figures were even released. Not many people took notice of it at the time though. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

I remember those reports, but I thought it would've just been the figures on cards shrink-wrapped with the ships, kinda like the LEGO multi-sets that TARGET would shrinkwrap together.

A shame they'll never be able to do pack-in versions of Anakin and Zam's speeder. :p I wonder if they'll do this for the Gunship.. That would be AWESOME.

RooJay
07-11-2002, 10:16 PM
Thank God I haven't bought Jango's Slave 1 yet!

Jedi_Rainman
07-12-2002, 01:20 AM
I am not so sure I will buy into these. After all, they are just the same thing in new package, but there is always that determination to buy them to have them. Maybe they will lower the price on them since they will be somewhat old when they come out?!? Who knows....

Battle Droid
07-12-2002, 01:25 AM
I only buy them again if I can't find the figures, and I have yet to find them.

Beast
07-12-2002, 01:33 AM
Jedi_Rainman, do a quick search next time. Or just look down a few threads on the main Saga forum page. There is no need for a new thread about this. The exclusive Jedi Starfighter w/ Obi-Wan is already being discussed in the following thread. Likely you are going to get merged into the old thread anyway. Just like the last time you started a new thread, about a currently active topic. :rolleyes: :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=11833

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

aharry
07-12-2002, 02:04 AM
I'm glad I don't buy one vehicle to keep boxed and one to open like I did when I began collecting. With all of the rehashed vehicles coming out, I would be destitute by the end of the year. And I too am glad not to have bought a Jango Slave 1 yet.

Jedi_Rainman
07-12-2002, 02:26 AM
Sorry JJB...I have the habit of NOT scrolling down...my bad

thespar
07-12-2002, 02:37 PM
heck when it comes to vechicles i wait until they hit cleance prices.

pthfnder89
07-12-2002, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by JediJeff77
What is the deal with Obi's arm? In the pics I've seen, his left arm looks sorta 'gimpy' from the shoulder to the elbow. Did they fix this on the final figure? He looks great other than that.
-J

Unfortunately no JediJeff77. His shoulder joints are both messed up, and you can see the pegs coming out of the shoulder holes. This is due to his "slashing action" and probably an attempt to get it to work better with his cloak on. Of course the gimmick STILL doesn't work.:rolleyes:

I'm sure this packin will NOT come with his cloak; the reason being very simple: the figure will NOT fit into the starfighter with his cloak on. I've tried a dozen times and althoguh you can stuff it in until the canopy closes, all you can see is the top of Obi Wans head and a big furry splotch of brown enveloping the entire cockpit.

That's why the pictures on the back of the carded figure as well as on this one have ObiWan sitting in the vehicle without his cloak. And that' why they won't include it.

RooJay
07-12-2002, 04:10 PM
Actually, I just managed to find Pilot Obi yesterday, and my views of him are much better! I think he's a great figure! True, his arms don't look perfect, but in my opinion they actually work out quite well! Especially when you pose him in a double handed lightsaber stance; He just looks awesome as far as I'm concerned. The cloak is horrible, but I've never been a fan of the idea of that kind of cloth robe anyway and I never intended to keep it on him. I feel that the only thing wrong with him is the fact that his headgear is sculpted on. Otherwise he'd make an excellent, basic Obi Wan!

JediJeff77
07-12-2002, 04:34 PM
I just found him at Wal-Mart today! I was sitting here about to open him. The arm sculpt kinda scares me, but what the heII, he's only $5.
Thanks for the answers, guys!
-J

aceguide
07-12-2002, 05:04 PM
So it is the exact same OB1 Pilot as the pack in??

RooJay
07-12-2002, 05:17 PM
Yes, the pack-in figure is the exact same as the carded figure. Give or take a few accessories.;)