PDA

View Full Version : the most dissapointing figure yet.

hango fett
07-10-2002, 02:25 PM
is battle droid....i threw caution to the wind and all you guys's advice. i opened one..it sucks......worse than my exploding anikan! what was hasbro thinkin' and who was smokin' what the day they whought of it?
hango

brentfett
07-10-2002, 03:00 PM
I don't know, the AOTC C3-P0 was pretty horrible. I've never opened a SAGA battle droid yet, but I have heard they are very cheaply made.

hango fett
07-10-2002, 03:05 PM
extremly cheap.........you can't judge a book by the cover though....i'm gonna get a 3po this weekend so i'll let you know..
hango

Battle Droid
07-10-2002, 03:15 PM
Taun We, it's way to small, hopefully they don't make the same mistake with Lama Su.

Not to mention her accessory is lame, now if it would've had a clone embryo in it is another thing.

hango fett
07-10-2002, 03:27 PM
taun we comes in 2nd.....very close...
hango

Darth forb1us
07-10-2002, 04:27 PM
I have not opened any figure yet, even tho I have the ones to do so, however from the package I'd say the battledroid does look cheap and threepio doesnt even look like his panels fit :/

Taun We should've been taller, and an embryo in the clone chamber would've been damn cool!

hango fett
07-10-2002, 04:32 PM
i sense another potition coming on.....lets make one!
hango

Darth Nitwit
07-10-2002, 11:58 PM
I really did not care for the new C3P0. It was just a really boring figure and character.

jrosen
07-11-2002, 08:37 AM
Taun We is the worst by far. I bought one for my girlfriend and when she opened it up, we noticed that the figure's skirt was longer then its legs. The freaken thing can't possibly stand on its own. I took apart that useless clone chamber and stuck Taun We's feet into the clear plastic part. This at least gave her a base with a flat bottom that wasn't affected by her skirt. Now she can stand but she looks like a moron. What a waste.

aceguide
07-11-2002, 09:44 AM
Battle Droid. THE WORST!

mrmiller
07-11-2002, 10:18 AM
My custom for worst ever figure-

Taun We's short leg
battle droids gummy leg
Padme's straight arm
HD Ani's arm with wimpy magnet
Hango's Exploding pants Anakin's waist/torso
My Super Battle Driods spontaniously exploding body
and Geo Mace's Cry baby head.
To top it all off I give 'em Dexter's lightning slinging spatula and an assassin centipede in a clone chamber for pack-in's.
Wow- that would suck.

=MATT=

hango fett
07-11-2002, 08:40 PM
yes...that sounds as bad as the vintage luke looks!
hango

The True Maul
07-11-2002, 08:46 PM
The Battle Droid, Taun We, C-3PO, whats next??????

Darth Nitwit
07-11-2002, 08:47 PM
I would have to agree that the battle droid is really lame.

rynobot
07-11-2002, 08:47 PM
I think Hasbro will make a couple cheap figures thinking people won't care and buy them anyway. You would think Hasbro would have learned from Episode 1, the figures were great, and because they were overpriced they ended up on clearance not beecause they were cheaply made toys. I would have been very happy if they would have just repackaged the Episode 1 battle droids, I feel they could have packed two of them and bamn, you have a great army builder and priced fairly.

Jedi_Master_Guyute
07-11-2002, 09:00 PM
don't even start the "Taun We needed the clone embryo in the jar" thing again!!! didn't we decide that parents would complain all the way to Hasbro's front door?!!!!? I don't open figures, but my friend was playing with a count dooku and battle droid when we were at steak n' shake on 4/23 when the figures hit. It's not too bad, just kinda, shaky???

jdmarlow
07-11-2002, 10:16 PM
The battle droids were never well made. Even the EP1 Battle Droids sucked. But for army builders....that is what they are for.

jonboy
07-11-2002, 10:19 PM
The Battle Droid would have been better if they would have just repainted the POTJ Security Droid. That in my opinion is the best version of the BD to date. The Saga droid looks like the POTJ version without the leg articulation and added lame electro-effects. Also very flimsy. The gun seems to be made of rubber. What ever happened to thick, sturdy plastic?

Needles
07-22-2002, 11:30 AM
Anikan Hanger Duel is the worst,the arm always falls off,I was watching the Jay Leno Show one day and they had Hayden Christen as a guest,Leno showed him how bad his hangar duel figure was.

hango fett
07-22-2002, 12:13 PM
they should have just made a whole new battle droid that was red to begin with. this one just plain sucks!!!

Sycotic_one
07-22-2002, 06:29 PM
I agree with the Battle Droid. I have one already from Episode I, I don't think I want another.

steve3p0
07-22-2002, 06:32 PM
palpatine , because he comes with no accesories.

a holo-rodian would have been great , similar to dooku's holo-sidious.

Lobito
07-22-2002, 06:47 PM
Lots...!!! Personally i got dissapointed when the neutral poses were gone...sooooo, anyway putting that aside i think the worst one yet is Mace Windu. What happened with his eyes???:eek:

hango fett
07-22-2002, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by steve3p0
palpatine , because he comes with no accesories.

a holo-rodian would have been great , similar to dooku's holo-sidious.

he originally either came with one of those two in the final test thing, but then they decided to drop it and just let it be him. at least he has 7 points af articulation! better than none! like the royal gaurd from POTF.......major salt shaker!

Jedi_Bates
07-22-2002, 08:23 PM
Today, my friend and I went to the K Mart Sale and he snagged several battle droids for some army builders to open (both him and i are MOC collectors)
and i descided to get a few clone troopers. We got back to his house and
opened up our stuff, and i was mad because i should have gotten alot more clone troopers (a really cool figure). My friend then opened one if his 4 battle droids and we discovered that the knees dont even bend, which i think is one of the most importan articulation points on any figure, especially a figure like the battle droid that is needed as an army builder! I mean who wants a diorama with tons of battle droids in the same stance. He and i descided that it would be better if he kept the other 3 droids on there card and return them for something more worth while.

Darth forb1us
07-22-2002, 08:40 PM
ah crap.. how long does the kmart sale last? (dont get paid till thursday :/ )
$3.99/each? hmmmmmmm
none of the Kmarts around here have anything anyways :( haha, maybe tho, should go check it out.

hango fett
07-22-2002, 08:56 PM
thats a good idea, jedi_bates! return what you disslike!

Starfig873
07-22-2002, 09:26 PM
Hmm, I guess Threepio is a bad figure. He's not the worst...I don't think any of the figures are the "worst". They just have their crap points and good points. Threepio was a good idea, but looks odd with the plates on him.

Battle droid is a good figure IMO. It's not great though, I would have liked it's knees with articulartion, etc.

Thumb Wars
07-22-2002, 10:02 PM
i hate dooku, i opened him up and the old fart will not even stand properly. i can get my Professor X from the X-Men movie to stand better, and he's in a wheelchair!!!! i really hope they redo this figure!!!

Jedi_Bates
07-22-2002, 10:56 PM
nothing personal, but in my opinion, c 3po is a very cool saga figure.
take a look at all the detail on his plates! and the fact that the come on and off is neat, i don't know what people have against this figure, despite the fact that its the most common figure next to my boy, Cpt. T

tagmac
07-23-2002, 12:10 AM
Anakin OPD.....the pose was ridiculous, the saber is stupidly attatched to his hand with a ridiculously oversized hilt, and he never even use did anything to suggest that pose is even accurate.

Senator Jar Jar is a close second for the same reason..if there was ever a figure that needed a neutral pose, that one is it.

Chiesa
07-23-2002, 03:10 AM
Personally I would say that Mace Windu is the worse... Whats with his eyes closed??!?! He doesn't look great in display... Perhaps I just love his Purple lightsabre... Dooku also kind sucks as he can't stand properly and his cape keeps falling off!!

Darth Detori
07-23-2002, 11:22 AM
what I don't get is why they didn't just plain re-package the old battle droids! they were fine! just give them swivel elbows and it's great!
my only complaint with the battle droid is the lack of knee articulation, which is just plain stupid not to have since they had it before.
my vote for worst figures is a toss-up between Taun We (will NOTTTTTTTTTT stand up), deluxe Jango (looks frickin' stupid AND won't stand up), and deluxe obi and dooku. I haven't gotten the force flip to work correctly ONCE. not once. rediculous and the figures suck too.
'nuff said

Goebel the hutt
07-23-2002, 11:29 AM
you know I actuallu think the battle droid is pretty good they changed it so it could stand better thstd the episode 1 battle droids I mean it wasnt very unussual to start to have the legs bend toward eachother with the ep1 droids so any way id have to say that the arena padme is the worst figure of all.

Jonna
07-23-2002, 11:31 AM
Can anyone actually get the two pieces of the battle droid that comes with Mace to stay together. What a pain in the butt!

Goebel the hutt
07-23-2002, 11:37 AM
actually I dont even think there ment to stay together

Jonna
07-23-2002, 11:46 AM
GRRRRRRRRRR!

hango fett
07-23-2002, 12:19 PM
i had them together for a while, but every time i got done fixing them, about 10 minutes later i would her a tink! i just used it for spare pices on my arena battle diorama.

aikman
07-23-2002, 01:43 PM
blow up battle droid cant stay together

super battle droid is so...fragile

hd anikin cant keep his arm

padme with her straight arm ruins the figure

palpatine looks like he has 10 different diseases

mace , failed your eye exam?

break apart genosian , just plain doesnt...accompanied with anikin wearing a dark colored bandaid as his robe

jar jar with 'peg warmer action'...

Lt Kettch
07-23-2002, 02:23 PM
most dissapointing figure for me is Mace... i really wanted to see what they'd do with an Episode 2 Mace figure..... now i wish i hadnt seen it.

hango fett
07-28-2002, 12:44 PM
i just got mace because i wanted all the jedi out of the pack. other than that i don't even look at him unless i want to have a lightsaber throwing contest.
hango fettx2

jedi-cpa
07-29-2002, 02:25 PM
Nikto Jedi, the thing doesn't move and the super battle droid is a lot cheaper than I thought

And anakins arm falling off is pretty annoying too.

Darth Vellner
07-29-2002, 03:08 PM
C3-P0 does suck, So I threw the figure in my loose figures box. Then, I got the "C3-P0 parts" from chewy and and the coverings from 3C-P0 and put them in the box he came with.......So I got a "box-O-Droid parts" for Watto or the Jawa's to sell.

RooJay
07-29-2002, 04:44 PM
I'd have to say the new Ki-Adi Mundi does it for me. It would've been great to get a new Ki that fit in better with the other Arena Battle Jedi, rather than a slightly re-tooled repaint of the Episode 1 figure. The color on the new figure is much better than the original, making the sculpt look a bit more accurate, and I've heard it said that he has a different pose (his right foot is supposedly a bit farther out than the Ep. 1 version; as though that would've been enough even IF I could see any difference when standing the two next to each other. I can't, by the way.), and his right elbow is articulated so that he can hold his arm cocked at really odd angles, but that's not enough for my money. I do like the figure, but only in the exact same way as I liked it the first time I bought it...when it was on an Episode 1 card!

Paul-Kenobi
07-29-2002, 06:28 PM
one tihng... no buddy has explain WHY they Hate the Battle Droid i don't even have it but it looks allright so far Unless this is just another case of Fanboy Bashing. The Deadly Sindrom that can turn a good Fanboy Bad to THE CLONE!.

btw i have to see this Explodeing Pants feture.

Darth forb1us
07-29-2002, 07:13 PM
battle droid, or super battledroid.
I dislike the battledroid (that I have in package still, havent bought extras for army yet..) but look at it, even in the package I see it is very flimsy and cheaply made.
My thoughts confirmed by several post's from people that have opened them. Looking at it now, it doesnt appear to be able to stand on its own :p
However, they could've just found bad apples ;)

macewindu87
07-29-2002, 08:59 PM
I would say the mace figure, it's lightsaber is a piece of junk. it flies out of his hand all the time.
mace:crazed:

hango fett
07-29-2002, 09:10 PM
yeah...we should know! we had a contest!!!! mace won the discis!
h.

macewindu87
07-30-2002, 09:44 AM
i'd say that mace threw the saber about a foot and a half farther than he should of.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 09:49 AM
yeah....good times with mace.......
h.

gibbspaulus
07-30-2002, 09:56 AM
The abttle droid's faults are...

Flimsy construction. His legs warp at the merest hint of sun/central heating.
His head falls off
His arms warp too
He can't stand
His gun makes him too heavy and he falls over

Should we go on????

sideswipe1984
07-30-2002, 11:08 AM
Without any question, for me it is Anakin Tatooine Attack. After the wheel-laden HD and vanilla OP versions, I was jazzed up for, what looked to be, an outstanding figure with no buttons or wheels.

Imagine my horror/annoyance when the pictures of his back were released - revealing , yet another, damn button.

hango fett
07-30-2002, 11:17 AM
yeah...they should have just had no gimmik on him or maul..they look stupid in there gimmick pose. :stupid:
h.

Darth forb1us
07-30-2002, 12:33 PM
damn.. WAS hoping this new Anakin would be sweet :/

Chiesa
07-30-2002, 12:57 PM
Hey its at the back.. does it really matter that much?? :) I still think that its great!!

Cheers :)

sideswipe1984
07-30-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by Chiesa
Hey its at the back.. does it really matter that much?? :) I still think that its great!!

To me, YES, it does. I am an ardent opponent of the gimmickry, and the the gimmicks that annoy me the most are buttons and/or wheels. For me, it ruins the sculpt and the figure. I shouldn't have to "overlook" something like this if I am going to be purchasing the figure. It's annoyed me so much that I have suspended my purchase of any more figures in the Saga line until the day arrives when they are no longer included in the design - if such a day ever comes.

Chiesa
07-30-2002, 01:18 PM
Yes yes personally I'm not a big fan of gimmickry... But I guess we have to understand hasbro's point of view... Basically these are action toys meant for kids... I'm sure many kids would love their toys to do alittle bit something more rather than just stand there and do nothing... :) But well what the heck... we are collectors... so most of us will get 'em no matter what!! :)

sideswipe1984
07-30-2002, 01:27 PM
I hear what you are saying, and I really do respect your opinion. However, I am thoroughly tired of the "the line is for kids" cop-out on Hasbro's part. It seems that anytime they are questioned on an aspect of the line that much of the fan community dislikes, they trot this tired excuse out - using it as a shield so they don't need to confront any unpleasant questions. This line is as much collector-oriented as it is kid-oriented. These figures were well-received by both children and collectors prior to the gimmickry. This is simply Hasbro trying something new for it's own sake.

But I digress, this argument itself is old and tired. Few things ever get changed by grumbling collectors. I won't further clog up the board with my discontent.

Chiesa
07-30-2002, 01:30 PM
I get your point too sideswipe1984 but I guess that is a problem in the world today :) Everyone has different expectations and demands... So it's virtually impossible to please everyone... Some people win some people lose :) But thats life nowadays ain't it?

hango fett
07-30-2002, 01:50 PM
then life sucks.
h.

macewindu87
07-30-2002, 08:46 PM
to me gimmickry also annoy me but i will not let the littlist gimmickry get in my way of collecting the figures I want the most!

hango fett
07-30-2002, 08:48 PM
you go mace! get what you want!
h.

macewindu87
07-30-2002, 08:56 PM
i sure will hango.thanx for the encouragement!

Jayspawn
07-31-2002, 12:10 AM
I actually really like Taun We and C-3PO. I think the worst is Anakin from the Geonosian Warrior 2-pack. Its a monstrosity!!! I don't think you can get much worse that that one.

hango fett
07-31-2002, 07:08 AM
well, art least your anikan didn't explode! i posted on here some time ago that i got deluxe ani and i was pressing his button and then he just fell apart! needless to say i retuned it and got my money back.
h.

Captain Trips
07-31-2002, 07:57 AM
Yeah, that figure was plain garbage.

Gimmickry stinks, but if what we hear from Hasbro is true, that in non-movie years we'll see some of these figures re-done WITHOUT it, I can live with it for a while.

Patience, for the children it is time to collect too, hmmm?

Darth forb1us
08-01-2002, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Captain Trips
if what we hear from Hasbro is true, that in non-movie years we'll see some of these figures re-done WITHOUT it

sweet. :cool: :crazed: