PDA

View Full Version : What's the deal with the feud between SSG and Reble Scum?

icatch9
07-10-2002, 04:08 PM
I must of missed something becasue I don't understand why SSG and Reble Scum seem to be at odds with one another. Is it something personal between Steve and Reble Scums version of Steve? Also, why do people say they have big pockets backing them now? What's changed and what's the story?

Can someone please fill me in so I understand all these inside jokes that pass through the forums.

Thanks,

PS

I've been to RS and I feel that SSG is just a better place to use the forums, and the info is always spanking new and for real.

:D :D :D :)

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 04:37 PM
Don't know what the problem is icatch9, my guess is RS is jealous of SSG and we just joke about them a little, that's all. If you want to know the real deal ask SirSteve, the Staff or one of the Mod's, I'm sure they would know better. As for RS I've been there and they have nothing to brag about, not that they are or anything, but they are slow to load and boring in my opinion. SSG is the best site on the net for S.W. info and for their forums. Just my opinion on this matter.

QLD
07-10-2002, 04:49 PM
They keep suicide bombing our site! We have to retaliate!

stormie
07-10-2002, 08:28 PM
From what I've learned over the months...

A few (and I stress few) people that used to frequent the SW newsgroups in the nascent days of the online SW world had a beef with Steve over something. Basically they didn't like the way an item was described or sold or whatever. As a result, these same people have held a grudge ever since, and have refused to move on. This small group is very vocal, and, instead of just moving on, have attempted to brainwash everyone into believing that Steve and his site are the anti-Christ. (Well, I'm being a little dramatic, but you get the basic point.) So, there really isn't a "rivalry," just a small group of people that like to say bad things about others, just to give their lives some type of meaning.

I frequent both sites (and a few others, but these are the main two), and 95% of the people on each site are nice, knowledgeable, and funny people. They could care less if there's a "rivalry," only that there's a place to share and talk about SW (and other such stuff). I just want to make it clear that it's not the sites themselves, or even the majority of the users that are creating a theoretical "rivalry," just a few, loud-mouthed punks.

Deoxyribonucleic
07-10-2002, 08:48 PM
Actually Stormie, it had to do with the LA Area Just Found Section AND without going into detail, "those select few" people are actually good people that are VERY serious Star Wars collectors and VERY much into helping many others complete their collections. Upon their point of view they were being hindered and so they moved to Rebel Scum. Upon SSG's point of view, the topics were going off course so they closed it for a bit. Mostly, it was a huge misunderstanding between two types of people that have differing views and opinions. With that said, as far as I'm concerned, both parties are allowed to have their own point of view and I will continue to visit both sites because they both have really wonderful people and the topic couldn't be better...STAR WARS! But I must also stand up for my brethren in the LA Area just found section...(now also over at Rebel Scum and doing very well) I have met some very wonderful funny people there and so I continue to chat with them at Rebel Scum!

THREE HUGE CHEERS AND SHOUT OUTS TO MY LA AREA MATES :D both here and at RebelScum.

Also, I find that both sites rival each other in bringing us the latest news and pics of upcoming Star Wars toy news. I switch between SSG and RS being my homepage as I love to visit both sites to find out the latest. AND both sites DELIVER!

Dar' Argol
07-10-2002, 09:41 PM
Actually Dexy, this all happened a long time before the "problems" in the LA just found thread. There has been animosity towards this site for some time now, back to the day of the "great SSG migration" when a bunch of ppl left here for rebelscum. The details are not known to me. I only know what I have read, but if you ask some of the "old forumites", I'm sure someone can give you a better account of what happened:D

Deoxyribonucleic
07-10-2002, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by Dar' Argol
Actually Dexy, this all happened a long time before the "problems" in the LA just found thread. There has been animosity towards this site for some time now, back to the day of the "great SSG migration" when a bunch of ppl left here for rebelscum. The details are not known to me. I only know what I have read, but if you ask some of the "old forumites", I'm sure someone can give you a better account of what happened:D

Yes true true :) but the recent hubbubb from what I've heard and read has been over anomosities between some LA area members going over to rebelscum and some peeps here especially just recently concerning 9-11 stuff. And now rebelscum is getting spammed by some here. I'm just glad I'm neutral Switzerland :) hehe

Dar' Argol
07-10-2002, 10:26 PM
I have no problem with anyone over at rebelscum. I have some connections with Bob Newton aka Membraneman and Matt Carroll over there and I have no problems with them. I just stay here b/c I have some good friends and I don't like some of the forum users there. IMO all the sites should stop this petty bickering and really try to help one another. I mean we are all here for the same thing, right??:D

QLD
07-10-2002, 10:50 PM
Can't we all just get along?

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-11-2002, 12:29 AM
There's only one way to settle this . . .

Let's play the Feud!

The Sir Steve Family vs. The Rebelscum Family

Top 5 answers on the board, we surveyed one hundred people . . .

Deoxyribonucleic
07-11-2002, 12:32 AM
IMO all the sites should stop this petty bickering and really try to help one another. I mean we are all here for the same thing, right??:D

100% perfectly said! :) Like I said before, I often go between both and get great info from each, as they compliment each other, for my toy collecting needs :)

PEACE OUT! :crazed:

rynobot
07-11-2002, 12:55 AM
I am on Steves and Scums right now at the same time. I do feel tho that SSG is more open, it may just be the color scheme tho. I personally have been able to acomplish more trades or RS. The fued feels like the sites are sports teams and people like to come and bash your team, there are people who bash and people that don't and you never know...

Sorry, I kind of got off on a rant there and had to stop myself.

icatch9
07-11-2002, 09:26 AM
Thanks for the input guys. I hope maybe some "powers that be" can clear this up for everyone. Or maybe it's just not talked about, like some sort of cover up (insert X Files theam hear) :).

thanks again.

derek
07-11-2002, 03:40 PM
what's the point of this thread?..............ha, just joking Icatch;)

i actually think the strife is a lot more simple than what's been stated. it's kind of like high school kids in the lunch room who have staked out their territory and have set up tribal boundaries.
for some, it's an "our club/gang is better than your's" attitude.

icatch9
07-11-2002, 03:47 PM
That makes good since, still no concreat reasons from the people it affects the most.......Steve. I can understand his silence. I'm sure the people at RS browse these forums too, so no need have another battle in this cold war :)

RooJay
07-11-2002, 07:50 PM
Someone on this site knows the real answer to this question. Whether it be Sir Steve, one of the staff members, or one of the moderators. Why will no one speak up? I for one would really like to know what went down. I LOVE this site, and honestly can't understand why anyone else wouldn't.:confused:

scruffziller
07-11-2002, 08:00 PM
THE REBEL ALLIANCE WIL DIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
good...............................I can feel your anger.................

GNT
07-12-2002, 06:08 AM
There has been animosity towards this site for some time now, back to the day of the "great SSG migration" when a bunch of ppl left here for rebelscum. The details are not known to me. I only know what I have read, but if you ask some of the "old forumites", I'm sure someone can give you a better account of what happened:D

People left due to the whole ISE problem and the fact that at that time you couldn't even open up a page/thread to read,people were fed up and left(moved to the collectstarwars.com forums,which is now a part of rebelscum.com)

As for a fued between the sites,no one at rebelscum really cares (besides that LA thread) and the fact of the matter one of many reasons (one I can think of the top of my head) that people hate this site is due to a certain Silver Darth Vader auction where the funds were meant to go to a 911 charity,which no proof was ever posted,plus thats not the only thing.

If anything this site talks more about rebelscum then we do of you and of course people in this forum put down rebelscum as a 'not so good site' when in fact 70% of you have never posted in their forums,just looked at them.

Its time for you people to just let go that there are many other collectable sites offering alot of different things out there with their own communities.

RooJay
07-12-2002, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by GNT
If anything this site talks more about rebelscum then we do of you and of course people in this forum put down rebelscum as a 'not so good site' when in fact 70% of you have never posted in their forums,just looked at them.

Its time for you people to just let go that there are many other collectable sites offering alot of different things out there with their own communities.[/COLOR]

Ok, 9-11 fundraisers aside (I've known nothing about that until now)...why do you refer to yourself and Rebelscum as "we". What affiliation do you have with them? Not that it's of any consequence really. It's just that you have well over 2000 posts here, which kind of makes me wonder. I freqent both sites, and while I only belong to the forums here, that's mainly because before I signed up here I didn't really see the point to forums and didn't feel I had the time to spend posting in them (boy, was I ever wrong!). Now that I am a member of these forums I truly don't see the need to join another sites' as well. I've made a few friends here, I've been treated quite well, and I have lots fun talking with these guys (a group you don't sound like you associate yourself with). I still visit Rebelscum EVERYDAY. I tend to see myself as a part of the larger collecting community rather than just a member of some website's "clique", which is why I'm having trouble understanding how someone like you would bother to group yourself with any single website (especially noting how much time you see to have spent in these particular forums).:confused:

2-1B
07-12-2002, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by GNT
People left due to the whole ISE problem and the fact that at that time you couldn't even open up a page/thread to read,people were fed up and left(moved to the collectstarwars.com forums,which is now a part of rebelscum.com)

As for a fued between the sites,no one at rebelscum really cares (besides that LA thread) and the fact of the matter one of many reasons (one I can think of the top of my head) that people hate this site is due to a certain Silver Darth Vader auction where the funds were meant to go to a 911 charity,which no proof was ever posted,plus thats not the only thing.

Its time for you people to just let go that there are many other collectable sites offering alot of different things out there with their own communities.

Hi GNT ! :)

bigbarada
07-12-2002, 11:51 AM
GNT got miffed and left because SirSteve and JT deleted his post count for a while because he was the dictionary definition of "post padder." Thus, seeing as how his post count was the only thing important to him over here, he moved to RS and began badmouthing this site and everyone who posts here. He claims to have no interest in this site but magically appears whenever RS gets mentioned to defend them.:rolleyes:

Personally I don't see the problem with RS although I rarely visit there since the site literally takes several minutes to load every page with my dial-up connection. Too frustrating to bother with for me. In fact SSG, AlderaanOnline and toysrgus are the only SW sites I visit at all. I'm not even all that interested in SW.com.

SirSteve
07-12-2002, 01:24 PM
Originally posted by GNT

I Didn't know I had to post "proof".

Dar' Argol
07-12-2002, 04:01 PM
Originally posted by GNT

Great Googly Moogly!!! GNT has appeared:eek:.

The only time I have seen ppl here badmouth Rebelscum in the past couple months is when they have bad info, which happens to everyone. Most the time rebelscum is brought up is when they have new info, and someone here posts a link.

As far as not posting in the forums , just reading them. That's how I determin if the forumes "feel right" to me. I read the forums here for a while before posting. I've read RS forumes for a while and I don't get a good felling, that's all. Every person is different.

And as far as the last part of your message goes, I already stated that:

IMO all the sites should stop this petty bickering and really try to help one another. I mean we are all here for the same thing, right??:D

Hmmm . . . . . . . now should I do it . . . . . . . . . . . . I don't know . . . . . . . . . . . GNT's not aroung all that much . . . . . . . . . . . This might be my only chance . . . . . . . . . . . . . . HEY GNT, this is for you man, and its all in jest :D . . . . . . . . . . . I couldn't pass it up:D :D :D

GNT
07-13-2002, 01:10 AM
Originally posted by bigbarada
GNT got miffed and left because SirSteve and JT deleted his post count for a while because he was the dictionary definition of "post padder." Thus, seeing as how his post count was the only thing important to him over here, he moved to RS and began badmouthing this site and everyone who posts here. He claims to have no interest in this site but magically appears whenever RS gets mentioned to defend them.:rolleyes:

Well actually BigBarada that isn't the reason why I left,I left due to the reson that a a certain moderator failed to see the point of a thread I started,plus the fact everyone here just bickers and complains about everything. Plus Rebelscum has been providing a lot more images anyway without huge logos across them unlike some certain sites.

bigbarada
07-13-2002, 04:45 PM
I hear ya about the bickering and complaining (whining is a better word for it). I'm not too upset about SSG getting scooped since getting the pics a week early doesn't change the fact that we will have to wait 10 months for them. So early pics aren't really that big of a deal.

Besides I have too many friends here to jump ship now (I couldn't even if I wanted to, RS takes too long to load up on my computer).

Jargo
07-13-2002, 05:31 PM

mylow thehutt
07-13-2002, 11:11 PM

"great SSG migration" when a bunch of ppl left here for rebelscum. The details are not known to me. I only know what I have read, but if you ask some of the "old forumites", I'm sure someone can give you a better account of what happened:D

They are known as the lost 20:crazed: LOL

rynobot
07-13-2002, 11:21 PM
you guys act like you can't enjoy both, come on it's the 21st century, open two bowsers.

mylow thehutt
07-13-2002, 11:33 PM
Originally posted by rynobot
you guys act like you can't enjoy both, come on it's the 21st century, open two bowsers.

now that is the most sense I've heard all day.:)

pthfnder89
07-14-2002, 12:04 AM

Lol, extremely well said rynobot. :)

I have never personally visited the Rebelscum forums. This isn't because of any animousity towards them but simply because I barely have time to keep up with the posts here, much less another board.

And the reason I chose SirSteves is that back around the time POTF2 was released and I simply found SirStevesguide and thought it was quite simply, the best site on the net. And years later, I still hold that opinion.:)

I still visit many collecting sites fomr time to time but I will always come here first.

JesusFreak
07-14-2002, 12:56 AM
I like Rebelscum's clean, easy to navigate layout but for news and forums, this is the place :)

SirSteve
07-14-2002, 04:48 PM
I welcome comments/suggestions in the comments/suggestions forum. :)

Forhekset
07-14-2002, 07:33 PM

And after you open two bowsers, jump up and hit the Question Mark block with your fist and grab the coins that spring out. Then maybe stomp a Koopa Troopa or two.

DarthBrandon
07-14-2002, 07:53 PM
Originally posted by pthfnder89

Lol, extremely well said rynobot. :)

I have never personally visited the Rebelscum forums. This isn't because of any animousity towards them but simply because I barely have time to keep up with the posts here, much less another board.

And the reason I chose SirSteves is that back around the time POTF2 was released and I simply found SirStevesguide and thought it was quite simply, the best site on the net. And years later, I still hold that opinion.:)

I still visit many collecting sites fomr time to time but I will always come here first.

I couldn't agree with you more pthfnder89, I also visit other collecting sites from time to time, but this is the one for me. It has everything I need or want in a S.W. site. I've been coming to this site for at least 7 to 8 years ( I think ) and I will continue to keep coming back.

Darth Sidious
08-04-2002, 10:50 PM
I have just stumbled upon this thread. I realize that this thread is old, but here is my input. The whole feud thing is stupid, imo. Why can't the two sites just get along? They were made for the exact same reason-BECAUSE PEOPLE LOVE STAR WARS!!!!! Can't people be members of both sites? I am a member at RS (Under the same name) and SSG. (Although I have not posted there, I keep getting drawn back here). I refuse to bash RS. I refuse to bash SSG. I don't know about those of you who hate RS, but I love Star Wars. And I will not bash RS, it is really a great site, as is SSG. And if some of you lose respect for me due to me liking RS, then that is fine with me. (Although 99% of you are intelligent and dignified enough to avoid such unpleasentness) Begun this Forum War has, and end it should.

Mandalorian Candidat
08-08-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Darth Sidious
I have just stumbled upon this thread. I realize that this thread is old, but here is my input. The whole feud thing is stupid, imo. Why can't the two sites just get along? They were made for the exact same reason-BECAUSE PEOPLE LOVE STAR WARS!!!!! Can't people be members of both sites? I am a member at RS (Under the same name) and SSG. (Although I have not posted there, I keep getting drawn back here). I refuse to bash RS. I refuse to bash SSG. I don't know about those of you who hate RS, but I love Star Wars. And I will not bash RS, it is really a great site, as is SSG. And if some of you lose respect for me due to me liking RS, then that is fine with me. (Although 99% of you are intelligent and dignified enough to avoid such unpleasentness) Begun this Forum War has, and end it should.

I've been on Rebelscum a few times, usually just to scan the "just found" forum thread. It's an OK site in my book; I just prefer SSG. Some people like Coke, others Pepsi, it's an individual choice. I don't have anything against anyone there, per se, just when baseless accusations are bandied around it looks childish. I'm sure it's been done by frequenters of either site.

I hope RS users can feel comfortable here and vice versa for us hardcore SSG posters.

That's all I have to say about that.