PDA

View Full Version : New Halloween Movie

Sidiously Darth
07-10-2002, 07:32 PM
Did I miss something or did Jamie Lee Curtis not hackoff Michael's head in Halloween H2O? Another Jason from the dead?

Beast
07-10-2002, 07:36 PM
Nope, it's nothing a simple as the old Jason back from the dead thing in this case. I really don't wanna post a spoiler for this, but if you wan't to know just send me a PM. Or give me a few minutes to work up an attachment with what happened. Ok, it's attached now. If you want to know what happenes after that in the hospital, I could be convinced to put a little more up. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Sidiously Darth
07-10-2002, 07:52 PM
Thanks for the info JarJar! Now everything is clear.:D

Beast
07-10-2002, 08:08 PM
Here's somemore from the beginning of the movie. It's a larger version that goes into what happens after the explanation behind Michael's return. This info comes from a test screening from back in March though, and some changes were made. So what is stated as happening may be slightly different then what actually ends up on screen. Won't tell ya anymore, because I want people that see it to still have some suprises. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

DarthBrandon
07-10-2002, 08:08 PM
Thankx JarJarBinks, now it kinda makes sense a little bit, even though we didn't need another Halloween movie. Seems now a days that they can't come up with anything original to put out and we get stuck with these kind of lame A** movies.

Wolfwood319
07-10-2002, 10:08 PM
Originally posted by brandon
Thankx JarJarBinks, now it kinda makes sense a little bit, even though we didn't need another Halloween movie. Seems now a days that they can't come up with anything original to put out and we get stuck with these kind of lame A** movies.

We can NEVER have enough of these films. I love 'em. I watched Jason X (loved it by the way,) and I plan on seeing then new Halloween this weekend. Its movies like these that are a nice distraction from the usual crap that seems to be infesting movie theaters lately.

Beast
07-10-2002, 10:17 PM
According to the review where I got the info that I posted above, it's the best Halloween movie since Halloween 2. So that atleast says somthing for the film. I really wish they would put out S.E. versions of the other Halloween films. Especially 6, since the death of Donald Pleasence required the film to be re-edited to change what happens in it, and also so that there wouldn't be a huge question as to what happened to him for the next sequel. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-11-2002, 12:05 AM
Damnitt Binksy, quit defending Halloween 6 - it's a terrible premise to begin with, regardless of the edit ! ! ! :mad:
:p
:D

Ah heck, I'd still buy the DVD . . . if it was available ! ! ! I've only seen it offered in a 4 pack with the bad Hellraiser movies and something else.
Seriously though - I know we've talked about this before, but I watched it again recently on HBO, and I really hate the whole thing.

Anyway, on to the new H2K errrr I mean Hall8ween errrr I mean
Halloween: MichaelMyers.com
Oh, its called Halloween Resurrection? :p

Yep, I'm going Friday! I like the movies, as lame as they get sometimes. :rolleyes:
Wolfy (and it's good to see you again BTW ;) ) as bad as Jason X was, I still enjoyed parts of it too . . . I grew up on this stuff, and it's still fun as an adult. I know alot of it is lame, but I still have fun. :D

About those spoilers, I don't mind the plotline at all. When Moustappha Akkad announced H20 wasn't the end, all I wanted was for them to show why Mikey was still around, and that it be done in a manner that does not exclude him from H20 (someone suggested that they reveal an impostor as the killer in H20 - sorry, I didn't know I was watching F13 part 5 :rolleyes: )
Anyway, I thought they should have used Adam Arkin as the ringer, but a paramedic will do fine.

As for it being the best since part 2, notice Rick Rosenthal is directing? He did 2 as well. :) Man, why did they have to screw up part 5? Part 4 was so good, but because of the 5 disaster, I have to discount 4 in the "canon" (jeez, what is this, Star Wars ? ? ? :D ).

Beast
07-11-2002, 12:09 AM
Actually, according to the whole plotline of H20 and this one, you really have to discount 4-6 anyway. Because according to the 2 newest movies, none of that stuff ever happened. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-11-2002, 12:25 AM
Yes and no. :D

I like how they "killed" Laurie Strode in a car wreck (she faked her death) as shown in those newpaper clippings in 4. :)
so it's a cool way of having her daughter in the movie, without having Laurie. But then H20 comes along, and while her being alive makes sense, they had to add Josh Hartnett to the mix as her kid. There's no mention of Jamie Lloyd, so are we supposed to ignore that part? The answer is yes, but I don't think they had to do it that way. One little line from her about her guilt over leaving her daughter (who was then killed by the Shape) would have glossed it over. Josh obviously was born after she fled.
But they didn't go that way, and I'm glad that they also threw out the Thorn shenanigans. :D

Are those the the only issues with continuity? I mean, 4 could work within the frame of 1, 2, 4, 7, 8 . . . . by itself , that is.
5 is such a direct sequel to 4, that it drags it down with it, IMO.

:)

Beast
07-11-2002, 12:47 AM
I didn't think Halloween III was all that bad. I know that it doesn't follow the storyline of the first 2, but it was kinda like one of those quirky horror anthology stories. I forget what your opinion was on Halloween III though Caesar. Care to re-enlighten me on it? :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-11-2002, 01:23 AM
Ah yes, Halloween III: Season of Stonehenge the Witch ? ? ?

Lame, I hated it as a kid, and I rewatched it a year or two ago only to hate it more.
But it's easily dismissable, since it doesn't follow the Shape storyline.
I remember shortly after H20's release, there was speculation that they would go with another Shape-less film for part 8.
I just don't get it, why bother? I understand that they want to capitalize on the name recognition, but I don't believe people would flock to Halloween 3 were it released today.
Heck, people aren't even going to flock to the new movie! :D
I think it will fare "better" than Jason X, but not much more . . .

Wolfwood319
07-11-2002, 02:33 AM
I never understood the whole "cult of Thorn" plotline either. And where the heck was Michael between 5 and 6 (Curse of MM)? I kind of like how they "tried" to explain Michael's existance, but it came off rather tacky, IMO. And can anyone explain the ending to 5? Its been a while since I watched 4-6, so I don't remember everything.

And the ending to 6 was very confusing as well. I hope this next one is better.

2-1B
07-11-2002, 10:38 AM
Throughout 5, we see a "man in black" following the action, not doing anything.
But by the end of the movie, Mikey is in jail and the mystery man shows up guns a blazin' to rescue him.
And it ends there.

And then in 6 we learn about Thorn and Wynn, the doctor trying to harness evil :rolleyes: and it was supposed to be Wynn who was the man in black.

I understand that Pleasance's death :cry: "forced" a reedit of the movie, but it's disgraceful to kill him off that way. :mad:
Besides, H20 opens with them showing news clippings (I think) of his death, I mean he was an older character so a natural death is normal.

:)

Jonna
07-11-2002, 10:47 AM
This is one that I will pass on. I like monster films, not slasher ones.

wedgeA
07-11-2002, 03:56 PM
Caesar,

From what I heard, Rosenthal was fired from Halloween II and Carpenter ended up directing much of the film. I don't know if that true, but if it is, I am not sure that RR will deliver for Resurrection. I'll still see it though. I personally would have wanted Dwight Little who did H4. It is my favorite of the sequels, tied with 2 anyway.

Also, was Loomis killed in 6? I don't remeber that. I thought that the beginning of H20 established that he had just died of old age.

2-1B
07-11-2002, 04:48 PM
wedge, I applaud your Halloween knowledge!

Yes, Carpenter was involved in part 2, to what extent I don't know . . . but the word is that he had quite a hand in it.
Plus, I believe Debra Hill was back as producer.

Dwight Little would be great, while 4 is a bit more "slasher", I think it's a damn scary movie. I used to have nightmares of being chased on my rooftop by Mike. :happy: Definitely as good as 2, IMO. And while we're at it, I was upset that they killed Rachel in part 5. :mad:

Loomis in 6 - yeah, they make it seem that he's dead. At the end, after Paul Rudd injects Mike with whatever and then they think he's dead or something, he leaves with the baby and that girl WITHOUT Loomis because the doc has one more thing to do.
Well, he goes back in to the place and we here a terrible scream - of Loomis' death.
And then they show the Bill Shatner mask on the floor (next to the needle?) and the movie is finally over.

I'm open to correction on the specifics, but I think I hit it pretty accurately. :)

Beast
07-11-2002, 04:56 PM
I still would like to see them restore 6. Even if the Thorn storyline was kinda out there, it still should be shown how it was originally intended. It was a terrible blow to the series with the death of Donald Pleasence.

Just reading about the amount of butchering that was done to the film, saddens me. I think it would have been a much better film if they would have just explained away Loomis' disapperance in the next film. Which they did anyway in H20. :rolleyes: :p

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-11-2002, 05:20 PM
Yeah - why the heck would Sam go back into the sanitarium just to get killed? He said it perfectly in one of the other films that Mike can't be killed "because Hell won't have him."
That's a darn scary idea as to how evil he is . . . instead it's because he had to kill his family line for the good of civilization. :rolleyes:

I just revisited the www.halloweenmovies.com website, they have an interview with Rick Rosenthal . . . no mention of if he was or wasn't fired from Halloween II. Though I did learn that his wife played the nurse in part 2 who ends up getting killed in H20. :)

wedgeA
07-11-2002, 08:55 PM
Thanks Caesar, and you right about 6, I just never associated the scream with Loomis' actual death. What a cheap way to end the character. Attempting to force a sense of finality into a film series that is infamous for avoiding it just does not work.

As for Carpenter and Halloween 2, imdb.com lists him as having a writing credit. Take what I said about RR with a grain of salt, I read it on aint it cool news, so I'm not sure how true it is.

As a fan I hope this film is decent, I think it would be terrible to con the fans with this "Myers Lives" trick only to serve up a plate of swill.

Wolfwood319
07-11-2002, 09:37 PM
What was originally supposed to happen in 6, does anyone know? I never figured it was Loomis' death scream at the end, but a scream of him finding the mask with no Michael.:rolleyes: Oh well.

2-1B
07-11-2002, 09:42 PM
I don't like it either, but this is from the official website's plot synopsis of 6 :(

The film concludes with everyone getting out safe, except for Loomis, who walks back inside to "take care of unfinished business."

Beast
07-11-2002, 09:53 PM
Here's the full lowdown on the Producer's Cut of Halloween 6:

HALLOWEEN The Curse Of Michael Myers was released to audiences in a very different version than originally intended. The original cut of the film has become known as the "Producer's Cut." Although this version has never been released to the public, many fans have tracked down bootleg video tapes to see what happened in this earlier version. They come to find the "Producer's Cut" is almost an entirely different film!

For starters, the opening titles themselves are quite different. The entire original cut was not filled with fast-flashing montages, as Joe Chappelle's final cut was. Dr. Loomis performs the opening voice-over, instead of Tommy Doyle.

The film then flashes back to the finale of HALLOWEEN 5. We see Jamie enter the police station, and watch as Michael is shoved into a van outside. The Man In Black kidnaps her, and leaves the police station in explosive flames.

Jamie escapes with the baby, and finds her way to the farm. But instead of Michael grinding her up, he simply stabs her and leaves her for dead...but she lives. Jamie ends up in the hospital, where she spends a good deal of the film.

The next morning, the Strodes are having breakfast. As John slaps Kara, we see Danny look outside the window and see The Shape. Dr. Wynn's voice echoes "Kill for him."

Several of the scenes are longer takes than those seen theatrically. A small, but effective, scene is shown as Kara leaves for school. Her parents watch her through the window, and John disowners her, saying "She's not my daughter anymore."

Kara arrives at school, and walks around campus. We see The Shape watching her.

Meanwhile, Jamie is still in the hospital. She dreams about Michael impregnating her while held in the clutches of the Thorn cult. Sadly, the Man in Black appears in her room, tells her "Your work is finished now, Jamie," and shoots her.

The film continues like the theatrical version, without an exploding head, though...many of the scenes paced differently. The plot remains the same until the Thorn members take Kara prisoner - after which the theatrical ending is totally dropped. At Smith's Grove, they have Kara tied up on an alter, where Michael is to perform his final sacrifice by killing the baby Steven and passing the curse of Thorn onto Danny.

In his office [in a completely different take of the scene], Dr. Wynn explains to Loomis how he protects Michael, and how he must pass on his duties to another...to Dr. Loomis! During the sacrifice, Tommy sneaks in, dressed as a cult member. Kara reveals that the baby is Michael's. Tommy suddenly takes Wynn hostage, which allows Kara, Danny, and the baby to run for it. Trapped in the hospital by bars, Tommy takes out his supply of rune stones and arranges them in a special circle. He cuts himself, and adds his own blood to the circle, hoping to cancel out Michael's evil rune with thorns of goodness. Sure enough, he manages to stop Michael dead in his tracks as Loomis comes to the rescue to free them from the gate.

As Tommy, Kara, Danny, and the baby drive off to safety, Loomis returns inside. As he unmasks Michael's body, he finds Wynn beneath the mask! As Dr. Wynn utters "it's your game now, Dr. Loomis," the Thorn appears on Dr. Loomis' wrist! Sam screams out in terror as Michael walks away, now dressed as the Man In Black.

The film also features an almost completely different soundtrack. Much of this music can be found on the HALLOWEEN 6 original soundtrack. Make sure to check out the Sounds and Movies pages to download multimedia from this alternate cut!

NOTE: Some scenes from the "Producer's Cut" are shown when HALLOWEEN 6 is shown on television. This version has not been released commercially. Please do not email this site asking where it is available.

Check out http://www.joblo.com/arrow/halloween6b.htm for a review of the producers cut and http://www.halloweenmovies.com/site/h6pcut.htm to see some screen captures from it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Wolfwood319
07-11-2002, 11:49 PM
Gracias mi amigo...

That certainly is a more interesting cut. I still don't understand why they opted for the "theatrical version." More "Thorn Cult" stuff in the producers cut, but it at least seems to explain more. I'm guessing though that there was, at least at some point, to have the 7th movie have Loomis with his "Thorn mark" hunt Michael, or something. God knows...

yeah, 6 was pretty bad, but I did like when Michael off-ed the dad in the basement.;)

Beast
07-12-2002, 12:01 AM
Yep, they opted for it, because all the set up for to making Loomis the new "protector" of Michael Myers was useless, because Donald Plesance died. So they hacked the movie up into a total mess, and released it. Hopefully since they are talking about doing S.E. DVD's of the rest of the Halloween series, they will restore the film. After all they explained Loomis' death at the start of H20 anyway. :p :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-12-2002, 12:02 AM
sehr interesant . . .

It was flowing not too shabbily until Tommy pulled out those stones and bled
himself. :rolleyes: Going off of THAT ending, H20 works a little bit more as sequel (and I know they didn't even care if it did). But still, had Loomis survived 6, he could have still died in between films and with the slaughter of the Thorn goons, we could assume the cult is extinct. Michael has risen above control, so he heads off to see the nurse, kills her after learning Laurie is still alive, and jacks a truck to Cali.
That way, her daughter Jamie is dead, Laurie doesn't even have to know because there's no way for someone to tell her because they think she's dead (already set up in 4) and we assume Joshy was born soon after she went on the lam.
The years don't add up, I'm sure, but that's not too big a deal when everything else is trying to fit.

It's just that I like 4 alot, and WANT it to fit in with the others.
Forgive me while I stretch things a bit. :D

Beast
07-12-2002, 06:42 PM
Well, I went and caught a 11:15 AM show today of Halloween. It's a habit of mine, I have to see the first showing on the first day. But I have to say, other then having one of the worst days ever, the film was excellent. Much better then I expected, especially after the day started out so craptaculer. I'll explain that now.

Ok, my brother and I arrive at the theater, promptly at 11:00. We find ourselves the comfy seats, and settle in to enjoy the show. Well, we notice right off the bat when the trailers start that the curtains aren't open all the way. Which is usually ok, cause they usually close them to the edges of the film. So the trailers are off onto the curtain, but thats no big deal. The film starts and of course, it's off onto the curtains.
I'm royally cheesed over this, so I run out knowing that I am gonna miss a minute or so, because I can't stand seeing this. I run to the lobby, and no one is out there working. Someone comes out of one of the Employees only, while I am standing there really cheesed, and I tell her. "Hey, you want to please get someone into theater 6, and open the damn curtains." Of course what I wanted to say was much less polite, but I usually hold my tongue.

I run back to the theater, so that I don't miss much and almost run into the guy that is going to do it. I finally get settled into my seat, i haven't missed much, other then the start of the flashback to H20 and I enjoy the film. The rest of the day went downhill from there, but I will spare you the details. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

wedgeA
07-12-2002, 06:51 PM
JJB,

How does it stack up with the series? Thanks for the "fan's take", on stuff like this, the critics have no value.

Otherwise, hope the weekend goes better.

2-1B
07-12-2002, 06:51 PM
It was fun! :D
Okay, it's not a very good movie, but it was still fun! :D

The first 10 minutes were better than the entire rest of the movie.
The characters were quite hollow, but Busta Rhymes is cool and I enjoyed his performance.

Oh, and
Tyra Banks making her cappuchino was an absolute delight! :happy:

Wedge, I have to rank it below Halloween 4 and Halloween 2.
I have to say H20 was a bit better, but this new one had a few advantages too. :)

Beast
07-12-2002, 07:00 PM
Yeah it was good. It has been many moons since I have seen any of the Halloween movies, except H20. I would have to say that it was very good though. I need to rent the series from HollyWood video sometime and have a Michael Marathon. :)

SPOILERS:

Hey Caesar, wasn't that funny as hell where Busta is sneaking around the house dressed as Michael Myers, and the real Michael Myers comes up behind him. And he totally goes off on him, that he's Michael, and that this other guy should get lost, and go help Tyra in the garage. :D

END SPOILERS:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
07-12-2002, 07:15 PM
SPOILERS

Yes, that was a great scene. They totally set it up for the Shape to lash out, so when he actually turned away as Busta instructed, I had to chuckle. Nicely done. :)

End SPOILERS

It's just that once the website portion began, there was nothing of substance to the film. No real plot development, because I didn't care if any of them got killed. There was nothing at stake, like in some of the other films. But Rosenthal did say he was going for thrills and a few scares, so in that sense I guess he succeeded.

Folks, Deckard Smith is alive and well! :D

evenflow
07-12-2002, 09:16 PM
This movie was terrible. I should have wen tto see Reign of Fire.

2-1B
07-12-2002, 09:48 PM
Wait a minute evenflow, give us a bit of your backstory! :D
Are you a fan of any of the Halloween movies? Did you expect a good movie only to be disappointed?

Seriously, I'm sorry for laughing, but it's funny that you regret going to see a slasher flick. :D

I mean, when I went to see Jason X, as silly as it was, I couldn't complain because I couldn't expect much to begin with.
Please share. :)

I liked some of the trailers they showed! Gangs of New York looks interesting, and how about Shanghai Knights? :D :D :D
Swimfan - we had the "pleasure" of seeing that trailer twice on the same reel. :rolleyes:

mrhat
07-12-2002, 11:32 PM
I saw it tonight (friday) and it was actually a lot better than (shudder) H2O, i mean god that sucked. but this one had a stupid premise but seeing the final cut if you will, it isnt that bad, and the end makes room for a 9th. but the events that begin the film kinda kill (no pun intended) the basis for a sequel. All i have to say is micheal is back and badder than ever, i mean this one i think has the highest body count of all Halloween movies, just like Jason X had the highest of its series. worth a gander oh By the way Tyra Banks isnt in it all that much, but theres a healthy dose of Sean Patrick Thomas and Busta Rhymes, if you like them.

Wolfwood319
07-13-2002, 01:20 AM
Uhhh... I was going to go see, but I got out-voted and saw "Reign of Fire" instead (decent flick, cool premise, a bit short and under-developed though.)

Anyway, it seems the "Halloween" fans enjoyed, so hopefully I'll see soon.

Oh yeah, where are the "SPOILER" warnings?:rolleyes:

2-1B
07-13-2002, 01:43 AM
spoiler warnings? the movie's out, what else would we be talking about? I stayed away from the Minority Report thread for weeks! :D I'm having a hard time staying out of the Road to Perdition thread.

Just kiddin' Wolfy, sorry for not posting warnings. :(
I went back and edited in a warning about a specific scene I wrote about. :(

Beast
07-13-2002, 01:59 AM
Yeah Sorry Wolfy, I was trying to be vague even when I talked about spoilers. Didn't mean to reveal or ruin anything. I'll add spoiler warnings as well. :(

By the way, like the new avatar? I got a sudden urge to change avatars to somthing completly different for a while. Bonus points if ya name the movie. ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

wedgeA
07-13-2002, 05:30 AM
JJB,

I think its Kung Pow.

No I did not see that movie.

Yes I am ashamed to know that! :)

Wolfwood319
07-13-2002, 10:05 AM
I just be messin' with you guys.;) (The whole AOTC spoiler fiasco comes to mind.:rolleyes: ) Hopefully I'll see either Halloween or Perdition tonight.

I also saw the TTT teaser poster at the theater, and, suffice to say, I needed a new pair of pants after that.:crazed:

Has anyone every seen the extra footage that's used when they air the first Halloween on tv? I've never seen it, but I heard they re-shot footage during the second movie to add to the first? Anyone know what I'm talking about?

2-1B
07-13-2002, 10:30 AM
Yep, I know of the extra footage that you speak. I'm not too familiar with its contents, but Best Buy offers Halloween The Extended TV Cut (the title is something like that) on DVD for $14.99.
I've been thinking about picking it up for quite some time, just to add to the collection.
Looks like you have quite a choice tonight!
Hmmm, Road to Perdition or . . . . Hall8ween Resurrection ? :D

If that is Kung Pow, please change it. :D

Beast
07-13-2002, 09:11 PM
Hey Caesar, there is a new 25th Anniversary Edition of Halloween that is coming out next year. Supposedly they were able to get the Audio Commentary that was recorded for the Criterion Laserdisc, so that will be included. I'll see if I can dig up any further info.

And yes, the new avatar is from Kung Pow: Enter the Fist. Sorry, I am a huge Steve Oedekerk fan from his "Thumb" series of short films. So I decided to do some new avatars of some of his movies and shorts. Just for the hell of it. :p :D

Update: Ok, here is what I was able to find. No word on whether the Audio Commentary will be the 1994 Criterion Laserdisc one or not. I hope so, that is a great Audio Commentary. It featured John Carpenter, Debra Hill, and Jamie Lee Curtis. :)

HALLOWEEN 25TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION - Fall 2003

It has been 25 years since Michael Myers first returned to Haddonfield. Now he returns to DVD for this special anniversary edition. Extras are still being determined, but expect a plethora of new goodies (i.e. audio commentary, etc.) for this exciting release. Expect more announcements in the coming months, and please note all features at this point are tentative and subject to change. Closed Captioned for the Hearing Impaired.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
07-15-2002, 02:58 PM
All you Michael Myers fans are in for a treat, it appears that Anchor Bay has secured the Criterion Laserdisc Audio Commentary for the 25th Anniversary Edition of Halloween for next year. Here's a small quote from a chat that Horrordvds.com had with Anchor Bay. :)

[22:03] <Dave> New Halloween DVD sounds good! Can you tell us if it will have the Criterion laserdisc commentary? Or a new one? If it is the Criterion, will it be a joint release between Criterion and Anchor Bay?

[22:04] <mfelsher> Well any Halloween DVD that is forthcoming will be ours. As for what exactly the next DVD incarnation will include, that is still being determined. I can however that the commentary everyone is hoping will be included on a future release is looking good.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Jedi Juice
07-15-2002, 10:51 PM
Well, I saw Halloween Resurrection on Friday night, that being the first Halloween movie I ever saw. Well, knowing what to expect from horror movies, I was pleased with the movie. It was decent some what humorous at the same time. I will need to rent the original Halloween, however, so I can Michael Myers in all of his glory.

2-1B
07-17-2002, 12:29 AM
Less is more! The original film had very few murders, compared to the new film's record body count. :rolleyes:
The first one is much, much scarier.
Or more accurately - the first one is scary, the new one is not. :D

wedgeA
07-17-2002, 05:23 PM
Finally saw the film last night and I have to say that I actually enjoyed it. It was a little better than H20, definitely better than 3, 5, and 6. I thought that the net-TV angle worked for me, and I liked the interaction with Deckard. I also thought the use of a confined dark space was more effective, and closer toward the first film's atmosphere. I also liked the characters more than the "disavowed" films, even Busta Rhymes, although his character was getting too over the top at the end.

My quibbles were with the climax in the shed, which was a little too dragged out, and the prologue, which I liked, but I think that Laurie Strode deserved better.

Overall, it was a pretty good popcorn movie, worth the price of admission.

sunblind
07-19-2002, 11:56 AM
I think I'll see this movie this weekend..I didnt plan on it but maybe...well see...

Beast
08-12-2002, 08:45 PM
Finally got some DVD release news about "Halloween: Resurrection". This info is from Horrordvds.com. Nice features, might have to pick this one up.

"HALLOWEEN:RESURRECTION"
Release Date: October 29, 2002
MSRP: $29.99

Features Include:
- Widescreen Presentation (Aspect Ratio 2.35:1)
- Dolby Digital 5.0 Audio
- English, Spanish, and French Subtitles

Special Features:
- Audio Commentary with Director Rick Rosenthal,Busta Rhymes and Brad Lorree
- Audio Commentary with the film's composer Danny Lux
- "Resurrecting Halloween" Featurette
- "Michael's New Look" Featurette
- "Return To Haddonfield" Featurette
- "Getting In Shape" Featurette
- Deleted Scenes and Alternate Endings(Including Homecoming Cuts)
- Cast Bios/ Auditions
- Theatrical Trailers

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Beast
08-23-2002, 06:02 PM
More info on the 25th Anniversary Edition of Halloween. This info is from Creature-corner.com. Apperantly not only have the secured the Criterion Laserdisc Audio Commentary, but some very intresting footage has been uncovered. :)

BEHIND THE SCENES ON HALLOWEEN?

By Ryan Rotten
Contributing sources:

It’s hard to believe - for those old enough to feel this impact - that the 25th anniversary of John Carpenter’s ‘Halloween’ is almost upon us. Hard to believe too (or maybe not, actually) that plans for another ultimate ‘Halloween’ DVD are in the works.

That’s right. Just when you thought it was safe to put your wallets away, Myers is rearin’ is old white face yet again in a ‘Halloween’ 25th anniversary special edition courtesy of Anchor Bay...and possibly Criterion.

Don’t start your whining just yet. Here’s the full skinny...

No one can deny that AMC is kicking some serious arse with their documentary series ‘Backstory’ where they dish the inside dirt on films new and old. When they ran their episode focusing on ‘Predator’ giving us a glimpse of a never-before-seen pic of Jean Claude Van Damme in a scrapped Predator outfit, I was hooked. Well, those resourceful AMC folk have discovered, while prepping a ‘Backstory’ on ‘Halloween’, that someone was actually on the set of original ‘Halloween’ getting behind-the-scenes footage...

...and that footage has been found.

Roughly fifteen minutes have been discovered and will be included on the 25th anniversary DVD. If that doesn’t blow your little ‘Halloween’-fevered brain, here’s something that’s been a long time coming: there’s talk that Criterion is collaborating with AB to make sure that the commentary found on the former’s laserdisc special edition - featuring John Carpenter, Jamie Lee Curtis, and Debra Hill - will finally make it to DVD. Full specs of the DVD, or a solid release date (I’ve heard early Spring of ’03), have yet to be announced.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

2-1B
08-30-2007, 09:48 PM
I gotta admit, I read through this read (all 5 pages) and I'm coming down with Myers fever.

I'm gonna catch the remake in the theater this weekend, then get going on watching 1-2 and 4-8 all in order. :)

JetsAndHeels
08-30-2007, 10:26 PM
I bought the new re-release last week, and there was movie cash included to see the new flick. Gonna catch it tomorrow night probably. Hope its good.