PDA

View Full Version : Are you the biggest SW fan and why?

Nebulaz
07-11-2002, 12:49 AM
I know I'm not nearly the most knowledge about eithe EU or the movies, or the biggest fan, but I was wondering if any of you could hold the ranks with the biggest SW fans and why u'd hold your own.

2-1B
07-11-2002, 01:26 AM
Not me, nor would I care to. :)
But I have alot of fun with it.

Wolfwood319
07-11-2002, 02:27 AM
Its pretty hard to measure "levels of fandom." Lots of people are "fans," I don't know what you'd use to classify the "Biggest Fan." (Nor would I care to meet this individual, *ahem* trekkies *ahem*)

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 08:28 AM
I don't even think Sansweet is the biggest Star Wars fan. You can't classify anyone as the biggest fan just because of their knowledge of SW, or the stuff they have in their collections.

billfremore
07-11-2002, 08:49 AM
I didn't realize there was a competition to determine one's fanaticism about Star Wars.

So how does it work?
The one with the most stuff or seen the movies the most or knows the most trivia or has had facial reconstructive surgery to look like Carrie Fisher wins?;):crazed:

BanthaPoodoo
07-11-2002, 09:05 AM
I dont know if I would classify my myself as the biggest fan (fanatic) but I do have a tendency towards anything Star Wars

Besides the action figures (of which I own 1 of each since the rerelease in 1995-current) & around 45 vintage loose from when I was a kid, I also have way to many movies (The trilogy on VHS 3 times, SWEI on VHS Collectors Edition & DVD, the original trilogy on DVD)

Just this past week I bid on ebay & have two laserdiscs of Star Wars coming.

I dont have endless amounts of trivial knowledge, but I can hold my own I think.

If fandom is measured in $$$ spent, then I would rank right up there!!! :)

Jonna
07-11-2002, 09:54 AM
How would you even define 'Biggest Fan'? I love the movies and the toys. I have an emotional attachment to it from my youth, but I by no means consider myself with such a title.

DarthBrandon
07-11-2002, 10:09 AM
Don't think anyone could really take that title, especially me, I just enjoy the movies and collecting. I feel similar to what Caesar said in his post. It is a ton of fun though.

Jedi Knightrider
07-11-2002, 10:14 AM
I am the biggest Star Wars fan in the world. I swear. Fine, don't believe me. However many times you've seen the movies, cut it in half and double it. That's how many times I've seen them. See? Dont' you get it? I'm the biggest fan.

I think a "contest" like this is a moot point in a forum full of crazy freaks who post about these movies ALL DAY!:crazed:

billfremore
07-11-2002, 10:17 AM
Can you imagine the stress that would go with that title?
What would you have to do to maintain that sort of ranking?
Perhaps we can develop some sort of points system like the tennis tour has. ;)

Jonna
07-11-2002, 10:34 AM
Would you get a tiara?

billfremore
07-11-2002, 10:43 AM
Yes, you can have one.
But only if you are crowned the high princess of the Star Wars world.

This competition is open to both men and women, we're not gender biased here :D

Jonna
07-11-2002, 10:45 AM
Fine by me. Half the posters are convinced that I'm a female anyway!

DarthBrandon
07-11-2002, 10:51 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
Fine by me. Half the posters are convinced that I'm a female anyway!

That's O.K. Jonna we know the truth anyways.

billfremore
07-11-2002, 10:55 AM
I always thought he was some sort of talking plant myself.

Anyways back to topic:

If someone is going to claim the title of "biggest fan" then I think we should set some sort of guidelines or measurement system to determine who truly is the biggest fan or else this will turn into a lot of chest puffing and posturing.

Anybody want to set this up?

Jedi Juice
07-11-2002, 11:15 AM
I think we should have different categories of Star Wars fans. Those who collect and love the movies and those who just love the movies. That's just a suggestion.

billfremore
07-11-2002, 12:38 PM
So we would need categories for the "biggest fan" competition?
Okay we still need some actual rules for what would indicate someone's superiority over another fan.

Does quantity matter and if so does this provide an unfair advantage to those who can't afford to buy everything?

any thoughts?

(Hey, my 500th post, cool)

Jedi Knightrider
07-11-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
So we would need categories for the "biggest fan" competition?
Okay we still need some actual rules for what would indicate someone's superiority over another fan.

Does quantity matter and if so does this provide an unfair advantage to those who can't afford to buy everything?

any thoughts?

(Hey, my 500th post, cool)

Okay, rules -

First off, the biggest Star Wars fan should NEVER --- I mean, ALWAYS go to sleep playing the Imperial March.

Second, they should NEVER wrap their legs behind thier head and smack their own bottom.

Thirdly, I like pie.

Fourthly, how many are there in the second scene of Jedi?

Filthy, the biggest Star Wars fan should be roughly the size of a small moon.

Sithly, they should NEVER yell at old ladies.

--- any more criteria, or did I cover it?

billfremore
07-11-2002, 01:04 PM
Oh I think you've demonstrated quite enough there Knightrider :stupid:

DeadEye
07-11-2002, 01:38 PM
Knightrider--I don't yell at old ladies, but I also don't like any kind of pie besides pizza pie. Do I still qualify? :D

Jonna
07-11-2002, 01:43 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Knightrider

Okay, rules -

First off, the biggest Star Wars fan should NEVER --- I mean, ALWAYS go to sleep playing the Imperial March.

Second, they should NEVER wrap their legs behind thier head and smack their own bottom.

Thirdly, I like pie.

Fourthly, how many are there in the second scene of Jedi?

Sithly, they should NEVER yell at old ladies.

--- any more criteria, or did I cover it?

And you all thought I had problems!;)

billfremore
07-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Well beyond the blue skin you're perfectly fine Jonna

Jonna
07-11-2002, 02:14 PM
It's not my fault. My uncle was a pure blood Smurf.

billfremore
07-11-2002, 02:16 PM
You're smurfing me.
Get the smurf outta here you son of a smurf!

That is just smurftastic!

rynobot
07-11-2002, 02:17 PM
I don't feel you can judge who the biggest fan is by their size of their collection or their knowledge of. I feel you can only judge the biggest fan by the size of their heart and how they truley feel about SW, and of course these are things we will nevr be able to judge on a message board or through the Internet.

MikeAndTheBots
07-11-2002, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by Jedi Knightrider

I can imagine it at some convention full of dorks "That's no moon that's ralph, the biggest star wars fan" followed by a "Tell em Steve-Dave" or something.

billfremore
07-11-2002, 02:36 PM
You tell em' MikeAndTheBots!

Nebulaz
07-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Well there is no one way to measure it up. You'd have to put various classifications into effect that deal with knowledge, money spent, duration of time watching movies, using it in one's life. The depth of affection that one has grown to the saga. Several different factors do come into affect when rating such a histerical idea. Maybe I should of reconsidered the topic before posting, but its fun to see how much SW does really affect our lives.

Jedi Knightrider
07-11-2002, 05:04 PM
No, I think I covered the criteria pretty well, actually!

I'm just kidding, Nebulaz, I hope you don't think I was trying to make fun of you. I was just in a weird mood.

I still think it would be so hard to quatify who is the "biggest" Star Wars fan, among so many people who post on these Star Wars related forums all day.

rynobot
07-11-2002, 05:22 PM
Money spent has nothing to do with how big of Star Wars fan you are.

Eternal Padawan
07-11-2002, 07:01 PM
I think bigbarada is the biggest Star Wars fan. That man is built like a Mack Truck!

But I think Woooof could give him a run for his money. ;)

GNT once said he had a million different pieces of Star Wars stuff. And then a big debate ensued and others were calling him horseface (or wait...) a liar. That's what they were calling him. Now I say it depends on how you count your SW stuff. Do you count your brand new Han Solo action figure as ONE (1) piece?

Or do you count Han Solo, Han Solo's blaster, the detonator, the other detonator, the bubble, the cardback and the receipt? that's SEVEN (7) SW items. If you do it that way, then, yeah, I have a million Star Wars things.

A real Star Wars fan has an immense knowledge, but doesn't BELIEVE in any EU stuff.

A real Star Wars fan can clinically and logically deconstruct every single flaw of every single film in the series, but still have a worshipful admiration of George Lucas.

A real Star Wars fan has SO MUCH trivia stored in his brain he doesn't feel it neccesary to share that information because he considers it common knowledge.

A real Star Wars fan will flip out and chop off the heads of a whole town if some bozo in a diner drops a spoon...(oh wait, that's Ninjas...my bad).

A real Star Wars fan has an internet connection solely so he can stay connected to SSG all day.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-11-2002, 11:39 PM
I am far from being the biggest Star Wars fan, the number #1 trivia expert (we know who owns that title), the master collector, etc.

I for one cannot give you a detailed explanation when describing certain figures. I use basically two words in my description of figure articulation; good and sucks. I cannot tell you about the 22 articulation points of Dooku or rave about his high detailed torso as one would rave about a Picasso or a Rembrandt.

As far as trivia goes, I know basic trivia but very few of the stumper questions. I cannot tell you half the answers in that trivia thread. Some of you seem to know everything in the Star Wars universe--even the brand of toilet paper Peter Mayhew used while filming ESB. It's just mind boggling.

I see myself as your average typical fanatic. I enjoy the movies, have the posters, love to collect stuff. But I for one am far from being the biggest fan and that is fine with me. ( :

bigbarada
07-12-2002, 12:38 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
I think bigbarada is the biggest Star Wars fan. That man is built like a Mack Truck!

But I think Woooof could give him a run for his money. ;)

Contrary to popular belief or how I look in my photo, I am not that big if you are referring to physical size. I'm only 5'9" and weigh about 230 pounds with a 38" waist and a 19" neck. Other than all that, pretty average. Thanks for the compliment anyway though.:)

As for Wooooof, well the less said about that loser the better.;)

I think the best way to gauge your own personal level of fandom is to rank your priorities in life and try to figure out where SW fits into all that. For me, personally, Star Wars rates about #8 on my list of priorities (below my religious beliefs, family, education, artwork, future plans, etc.). Even then, if the toy line was cancelled SW would drop out of my top ten completely.

2-1B
07-12-2002, 01:13 AM
Originally posted by Eternal Padawan
GNT once said he had a million different pieces of Star Wars stuff. And then a big debate ensued and others were calling him horseface

Wow, I never knew GNT costarred in Vanilla Sky and Captain Corelli's Mandolin ! :)

Just watch Beat the Geeks this week and you'll see the biggest Star Wars fan. :rolleyes:

Nebulaz
07-12-2002, 04:25 AM
[and weigh about 230 pounds with a 38" waist and a 19" neck. Other than all that, pretty average.

thats average? i'm about have that size . =/

bigbarada
07-12-2002, 10:17 AM
Other than all that pretty average.

Nebulaz
07-13-2002, 01:14 PM
Your average and i'm still half your size.

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 04:19 PM
Originally posted by Wolfwood319
Its pretty hard to measure "levels of fandom." Lots of people are "fans," I don't know what you'd use to classify the "Biggest Fan." (Nor would I care to meet this individual, *ahem* trekkies *ahem*)

I'm with the cup, trekkies, sure they might look like normal people, oh wait they don't, they have pointy ears.