PDA

View Full Version : the jedi's ship and pilots

AdmiralPiett
07-11-2002, 05:22 AM
At the beginning of TPM, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon get out of a ship with 2 pilots, one of them being a young adolescent. Does anyone have any idea what this ship is called and what the names of those 2 pilots were?
Piett

Beast
07-11-2002, 06:36 AM
The ship was a Corellian Republic Cruiser, named Radiant VII. The female Captain's name was Captain Madakor. And the young male pilot's name was Lieutenant Williams. Here are their Decipher CCG cards, just for the heck of it. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Radiant VII and Republic Cruiser

Beast
07-11-2002, 06:42 AM
Here's the CCG cards for the Radiant VII's crew:

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Captain Madakor and Lieutenant Williams:

AdmiralPiett
07-11-2002, 06:54 AM
JarJar,
If I ever knew an expert, it's you! Thanks! :)
Piett

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 08:33 AM
IIRC, the guy was played the same guy who played Nute Gunray.

I wonder why we haven't seen any Republic Cruisers flying around Coruscant in E1 or E2.

billfremore
07-11-2002, 08:39 AM
Man, Jar Jar.
Is there anything you don't know?
Where do you get all your information?
What's the air speed of an unladen swallow?

Beast
07-11-2002, 01:11 PM
Originally posted by billfremore
Man, Jar Jar.
Is there anything you don't know?
Where do you get all your information?
What's the air speed of an unladen swallow?
African or European? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

billfremore
07-11-2002, 03:42 PM
I don't know...

A
A
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
a
aa
a
a
a
aa
a
hhhhhh

THUD!

RooJay
07-11-2002, 05:49 PM
"Lt. Williams" was played by Silas Carson who also plays Ki-Adi-Mundi, Nute Gunray, and Lott Dodd. While not old by any stretch, he is far from adolescent.;)

JediTricks
07-12-2002, 03:26 PM
A lot of people think Captain Madakor was a young boy rather than a woman. The character is played with such a stiff manner and odd voice that it's hard to know WHAT to make of her with such a short amount of screentime. I always thought that she was an odd note to start on, not the best choice IMO because she comes off SO confusingly and is playing off Nute Gunray, another strange note to start with.

RooJay
07-12-2002, 03:59 PM
Ahh! I see! She does look a bit like a young boy, doesn't she?

MFH
07-12-2002, 09:21 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

African or European? ;) :D

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?:D

AdmiralPiett
07-12-2002, 11:23 PM
Actually Roojay, when I said young adolescent I was talking about Captain Padakor (now that I know what HER name is). I must confess, I also thought she was a boy. :)
Piett

FKA Broke Collector
07-12-2002, 11:36 PM
Originally posted by MFH

Are you suggesting coconuts migrate?:D

:crazed:Not at all, they could be carried.:crazed:

Jargo
05-01-2003, 04:17 PM
Bronagh Gallagher was a weird choice for star wars amyway considering what a moose she is facially. And then there's the thick Northern Irish accent. If they'd played it the other way round with Silas taking the command and bronagh taking co-pilot I would have accepted it. Just because Silas is nicer to look at. Prettier. You can understand him when he speaks. And he can reach the controls without a booster seat. Actually that whole sequence is totally unneccesary. We don't need to see the jedi until they arrive on the bridge and drop their hoods. We don't need to see the crew until they notice the gun aimed at them. Trimming the sequence down would help speed the movie along. One of the biggest minus points of TPM is the long drawn out edits for 'mood' which frankly just make the whole movie a plodding boring mess.

Tonysmo
05-03-2003, 12:50 AM
Originally posted by FKA Broke Collector
:crazed:Not at all, they could be carried.:crazed:

What? A swallow carrying a coconut?

RooJay
05-03-2003, 05:56 PM
Hey Jargo, did you resurrect this ancient topic just so's you could rag on how ugly you think the captain is, or to talk about how handsome you think ol' Silas is?;) :crazed:

Jargo
05-03-2003, 07:29 PM
Wasn't me who resurrected it. I was just saying that as far as cinema goes Silas is the one you'd rather watch. Old spoonface bronagh can't help being ugly but lucas could have saved us from having to look at her ugly mush. I was comparing the two for dramatic effect. I never said Silas was handsome. I just said he was prettier than Bronagh. more photogenic. but if it came to a choice between the two i'd go for Silas yeah. Moose head bronagh - well, let's just gloss over that one.... :repulsed: