PDA

View Full Version : Hasbro Confirms Star Tours At Fan Club!

Max Power
07-11-2002, 10:37 AM
Hey All,

In case you haven't checked the Hasbro website today, check out this link which is an update on the Upcoming Exclusive items and where to find them this year:

http://starwars.hasbro.com/bountyhunter/repnews_content.cfm?id=73

They CONFIRM the following:

SW FAN CLUB (swfan.wizards.com) :
84890 3 3/4" Droids of Star Tours Figure 3-pk July/August

All I can say is Woo-Hoo!

Max Power
"feel the Gs"

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 10:55 AM
Wonder if they're gonna be in the same packaging and who the third droid will be. Very cool though. :cool:

Darth Shifty
07-11-2002, 11:14 AM
Can't wait for those droids to come out. Maybe I won't have to fly to Disneyland to find those after all.

Ugh - did you look at those vinyl figures from Diamond Comics? Those are horrendous! Why would someone sign off on those terrible statues?

brentfett
07-11-2002, 11:45 AM
It doesn't seem like it could be the same packaging with a 3-pack. Oh well, at least that will help take a small bite out of the scalper's market. Now all the fan club needs is to re-release Sacul!

icatch9
07-11-2002, 12:02 PM
I bet the Star Tours 3 pack will be a little different than the one at DW. I'm sure the 2 figures will be the same, but they'll probally come packed in a box or ina "delux" kind of card. The third droid is going to be one from the ride. I've never been, but I've hear people mention a third droid they should do on other forums. So, I'm guessing it will be that one.

True, it will take away from the scalping of the DW ones, but I don't think they'll be hard to come by at all.

Don't get your hopes up about the Sacul, they'll never sell it again. That's just the way it is, same thing with the Toy Fair Vader. Hasbro people have said this, and I doubt that they are wrong.

figrin bran
07-11-2002, 12:07 PM
on the star tours ride itself, i have noticed, other than the pilot and that G2 mechanic, an R5 that the G2 is working on and R2 and C3PO so perhaps if it really is a 3 pack, it is one of those 3 droids? or i could be wrong.

Jedi Juice
07-11-2002, 12:09 PM
The special 3 pack might include a small version of the Star Tours ride, along with the two droids. But who knows, anyone's guess is as good as mine. I would rather the carded figures, though.

figrin bran
07-11-2002, 12:13 PM
hmm, well now that jedi juice brought it up, it could be that mini version of the starspeeder that they sell at the parks that is the pack in

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2002, 12:53 PM
"That's possible. They have just returned from a dispute on the Death Star." Or something like that. ;)
They already have Rex the pilot and G2-4T the yellow mechanic, here are some possibilities for the third:
*G2-9T the green mechanic ("I've been working on the same droid . . .")
*C-3PO
*R2-D2
*The R5 that G2-9T is working on
*One of the two R3 droids that are far-off, kinda
*Those freaky bird droids . . . Man I'd love one of those!
Or maybe it's one of the flight attendants. :D

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 01:40 PM
Originally posted by brentfett
It doesn't seem like it could be the same packaging with a 3-pack. Oh well, at least that will help take a small bite out of the scalper's market. Now all the fan club needs is to re-release Sacul!

They could be on the same cards and just be labeled as a 3-Pack just cause you're getting the 3 at once.

Hopefully it's the R5 Droid so we can get an R5 headsculpt on hopefully a R2 w/ Holo Leia body so they can do R5-D4 later on but it'll probably be something simple that kids can recognize and get attracted to even more like R2 or 3PO.

Max Power
07-11-2002, 01:55 PM
Hmmm...

If they are on the same cards, perhaps the third figure would be the PotJ Naboo Escape R2-D2 since his PotJ card most closely resembles those of the Star Tours figs...

Although, then if it's PotJ cards, maybe it's be another droid (R2-Q5 or R4-M9)...

I guess we'll just have to wait for pics to surface!

Max Power

fourtwo
07-11-2002, 02:11 PM
great!
i'll actually get them!

abell748
07-11-2002, 02:43 PM
If only it was this easy to get the fan club to sell other exclusives (Y-Wing, Skiff, ect...).

thespar
07-11-2002, 04:39 PM
that is for sure.

evenflow
07-23-2002, 01:07 PM
I will buy them, but i assume they will be in a different package.