PDA

View Full Version : do you ever make STAR WARS dioramas?

Jango Mango
07-11-2002, 11:19 AM
I would like to make a diorama of the last big battle scene from
AOTC, but I would need hundreds of Clone troopers battling
the Battle droids, that would cost a lot. :greedy:

mrmiller
07-11-2002, 11:32 AM
For my arena diorama I have the jedi's out front, as well as Jango and the Reek. I know it's not true to the film as I have clonetropers in mine too, but I put my Battle droids, SBD's, Geo's, and Clone tropers in the back and I have a Mirror as a back drop. It looks like there are many more behind them, then I really only have a few. Also the backs of the Jedi just look like other Jedi in the background. Just an idea. I bet you could make a cool looking battle scene with 10 or so droids and clones with a mirror backdrop. You could probably get away with 5 or 6 of each.

=MATT=

brentfett
07-11-2002, 11:36 AM
Well, the arena playset comes out in a few months, and it looks pretty cool, that will be a great start. As for clone troopers, I'm sure they will be on clearance within a year or so.

jdmarlow
07-11-2002, 08:09 PM
I've been SOOO tempted to put together a fully custom ARENA BATTLE with all the jedi figures and Count Dooku, Jango, etc, etc, etc (w/ many Geonosians I might add). However, I just don't have the cash to buy these army builders, extra figures, and materials to bulid. I certainly don't have the time either.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-11-2002, 08:41 PM
I like to make my OWN arena battles... Like with Zam, and Count Dooku battling Jedi... Just my own vision of the battle! :)

Darth Nitwit
07-11-2002, 09:20 PM
Originally posted by Jango Mango
I would like to make a diorama of the last big battle scene from
AOTC, but I would need hundreds of Clone troopers battling
the Battle droids, that would cost a lot. :greedy:

I'm with you, but I just don't have enough space in my room to do it.:D

RAVAZ
07-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Someday. I to need space! And a lot of figures.

Darth forb1us
07-12-2002, 07:42 PM
I hope to :)
however both time and money and space ( a lot of the three ) are something that I just do not have at the moment :(

Darth Sidious
07-12-2002, 11:34 PM
Im going to make a Bespin one...BUT I NEED PICS OF THE HALLS OF BESPIN FIRST!!! :D

Hellboy
07-13-2002, 12:06 AM
I plan on making an Arena Battle diorama once the playset arrives. I've already bought all the Jedi's including a few extras that I've customised as casualties. I got 15 of the Theed Playset Battle Droids to use as the destroyed and background marching droids. I also am using 15 SBD's and 18 Saga BD's for the one on one confrontations with the Jedi. I'll have all 3 beasts 4 Genosians and one Massiff in addition to at least 6 Destroyer Droids when they come out.
I decided to just recreate the battle scene before the Clonetroopers arrive due to the fact that the size of the Republic Gunship would make the Arena look to far out of scale. I also don't like the Preview Clonetrooper to much and since thats the only all white trooper available I didn't think it would look as good.
I just can't wait for that playset to come out so I can put all the pieces together. It's gonna be fun:D

Lt Kettch
07-13-2002, 01:21 PM
i'm currently working on Maul killing Qui Gon setup right now, but that does involve some customizing to look good.

QLD
07-13-2002, 01:51 PM
Man, let me tell you!

Once I ate a whole bunch of Reese's Cups!

And I am kind of lactose intolerant. nyway, all of a sudden I get a rumbling in my stomach!.........

Wait a sec.......you said DIORAMA! Whoops........never mind....

(I don't make them often, because I have no room, but soon, I will)

bigbarada
07-13-2002, 03:25 PM
I want to make diorama's and even go so far as drawing up really nice plans for how they will look; but they all ultimately suffer the same fate, my ambition overshadows my resources so I eventually lose interest.

I had made plans for a Bespin Escape diorama, I was even planning to paint a section of the Bespin sky onto a peice of plexi-glass with a light shining behind it to make it look like the sun was really setting through the windows. I haven't totally abandoned the idea yet and keep a list of needed supplies in the back of my head just in case; but the ultimate fate of that diorama is in limbo right now. I also need to find really good pictures of some of those Cloud City sculptures so I can recreate them.

Lt Kettch
07-13-2002, 05:21 PM
its not exactly a diorama but i did put together a nice little Battle of the Bands scene today on a shelf. Oh yes, thats right..... The Modal Nodes and The Max Rebo Band in a no holds barred free for all of mammoth proportions..... okay i guess thats a little over the top, but i thought it was a cool idea so i did it.

KingOfSting
07-13-2002, 07:16 PM
i plan on doing an arena diorama...for anyone who cares here what ive got planned:

1 jango fett (fb)
1 geonosian (from dlx set w/ anakin)
1 break-apart battle droid (from dlx set w/ mace)
1 battle droid/c-3po dlx set
2 battle droids (arena conflict accessory set)
2 flying geonosians
3 geonosian warriors
4 massifs w/ geonosian
7 destroyer droids
11 super battle droids (10 reg sbd, 1 from the dlx set w/ yoda)
17 battle droids: arena battle (reddish/brown)

1 reek
1 nexu
1 acklay

2 speeder bikes w/ clonetrooper
10 white clonetroopers (2 preview clonetroopers, 8 saga clonetroopers...when/if hasbro makes them)
1 of each red, blue and green clonetroopers(when/if hasbro makes the blue and green ones)

all of the saga jedi (except cc and jsp obi-wan, dlx and basic yoda, and hd anakin) as well as potj eeth koth and arena padme for anakin im going to use TA Anakin with the green lightsaber from the arena accessory set and for obi-wan im going to use jsp obi-wans body with cc obi-wans head and the blue lightsaber from the arena accessory set

in the arena box i plan on having boba fett and count dooku (nute, poggle, etc. will be added when/if hasbro makes them)

hanging from my ceiling above the arena will be one republic gunship with 2 pilots, deluxe yoda, a yellow clone commander *not the pilot* (when/if hasbro makes one) 3 white clonetroopers (1 preview clonetrooper, 2 saga clonetroopers when/if hasbro makes them) and one speeder bike w/ clonetrooper

thats a total of 53 against 20 clonetroopers and 15 jedi plus padme

KingOfSting
07-13-2002, 07:17 PM
oh and when/if hasbro releases r2 w/ booster rockets, ill add him too

Jango Mango
07-13-2002, 08:56 PM
That sounds awesome ! another idea, maybe have special
lighting around the diorama with flashing lights similiar to the type
used for Christmas displays then add some sound effects or play
the motion picture sound track, to make the diorama have more
realism and the flashing lights would simulate all the blasters or
weapons firing during the final battle.

KingOfSting
07-13-2002, 09:10 PM
thats a pretty good idea! im pretty sure i have extra lights laying around somewhere...if not ill just buy em no biggie...thanks for the tip jango mango!

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 08:33 PM
I'd like a diorama of the Jedi council, or a Jedi training diorama would be neat, with practice droids and the training remotes and helmets.