PDA

View Full Version : Which planet/area was your favorite?

Darth Sidious
07-11-2002, 11:41 AM
Which planet/city/any location in the classic trilogy was your favorite? Mine was Bespin (Cloud City). I loved the scenes where the insides of the buildings were shown. Everything is so white and clean, yet it is an extremely dangerous place to be at times. Imagine yourself walking down the nice white hallways, minding your own business, then you go around the corner and find yourself facing IG-88. Sucks, eh? Also, it has the nifty carbon freezing chaber and the area where Luke and Vader drilled each other. Plus, the background music sounds all happy, yet it adds to the city's eeriness. I like Bespin.

Oh yeah, I forgot. Another reason- The Bespin Ice Cream Guy is there! :D

bobafett07728
07-11-2002, 11:50 AM
I have also been a fan of Bespin, and Hoth as well. The reason behind this is mostly based on the fact that they aren't overdone. I mean. . . you only see them in one of the three(or one of the five if you include the prequels.) We see Tatooine twice (four times inc. prequels), and Dagobah twice as well. Tatooine definitely has more interesting places, Mos Eisley Cantina, Jabba's Palace, that provide a wealth of great characters, and scenes. Bespin, is much more visually appealing, has some of the more exciting scenes in the trilogy, but lacks the diversity that Tatooine had. IMO, its almost a toss up between the two, I could go either way and not complain.

2-1B
07-11-2002, 11:52 AM
Hoth. :)
I loved playing in the snow as a kid, so whenever I watched the hoth scenes I would imagine myself in that environment. And then I'd put on my own snow gear and head out to play in my own backyard Hoth!
I can't imagine how many times I reenacted Luke's collapse into the snow after escaping the Wampa. :D

Jedi Knightrider
07-11-2002, 12:44 PM
I really like Tatooine, especially for the beings on it - Tuskens and Jawas.

Jonna
07-11-2002, 12:50 PM
It is hard to say. I really like Hoth because of the creatures there, but Tatooine has a lot of cool things also. As far as the actual location goes, I would have to say Bespin.

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 01:51 PM
Originally posted by Caesar
Hoth. :)
I loved playing in the snow as a kid, so whenever I watched the hoth scenes I would imagine myself in that environment. And then I'd put on my own snow gear and head out to play in my own backyard Hoth!
I can't imagine how many times I reenacted Luke's collapse into the snow after escaping the Wampa. :D

I one time was obligated to experiance that. :D Not the whole Wampa thing of course (that came after with my dog jumping up on me. :eek: ) but one time I had to walk in the snow while it was coming down pretty hard and the wind was also blowing fairly hard, I had my "snow gear" on and I was a few blocks from home and I was just dragging my feet through the snow, trying to get there, tired and about ready to collapse. :sur: It was kinda fun when I realized it reminded me very much of Luke's scene. ;)

My favorite places are:

1. Endor (Ewoks & Awesome forrest)
2. Yavin IV (Awesome forest)
3. Naboo (perdy & Gungans)
4. Coruscant (Must be fun to pilot around the lower levels)
5. Hoth (Wish I could fly a Snowspeeder or Speeder Bike over Hoth...)
6. Dagobah (simply because of the drenching rain there - I like rain)

Jedi Knightrider
07-11-2002, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by LTBasker

4. Coruscant (Must be fun to pilot around the lower levels)

I was going to say it was a tie between Tatooine and Coruscant, but i figured someone would get stuffy about the "not OT" thing - anyway, I had it typed and edited it it went somthing like this.

Coruscant it cool, because of the idea of a planet that has been completely overtaken by industry/technology.

Tatooine is cool because of it's barrenness (not baroness) and lack of industry/tech.

what is interesting is that Luke hates it on Tatooine - "If there's a bright center to the galaxy, you're on the planet that it's farthest from." Yet, while he's saying this, the actual center of the galaxy is over-taken by evil, the darkness. the bright center of the galaxy is the darkest place in the galaxy.

welp, the grass is always greener, i suppose.

DeadEye
07-11-2002, 02:51 PM
I didn't like most OT planets--but I like Geonosis. :)

pthfnder89
07-11-2002, 03:14 PM
I would love to visit Coruscant. Being the tech-loving geek I am the idea of all those ships and droids makes me drool. :p Not to mention the sweet architecture.

For a similar reason I loved Bespin; the buildings and the stucture were just awesome.

icatch9
07-11-2002, 03:21 PM
I'd have to say Tatooine. So much happens there, and even though it's the farthest from the bright center of the universe there is still so much going on. I'd love to go on a trip and visit Tatooine :)

WHOO HOO!!! This is my 500th post! I'm a Jedi Ambassador now.

Cool:cool:

DarthBatman
07-12-2002, 12:57 AM
I thought Kamino was cool... but I happen to love the rain.

MFH
07-12-2002, 01:03 AM
Hoth. I could pass the time by throwing snowballs at wampas.

Hasbro'sBountyHunter
07-12-2002, 03:30 AM
Endor

MFH
07-12-2002, 07:53 PM
On Endor I could hunt Ewoks.

Exhaust Port
07-13-2002, 09:41 AM
Endor is one of my favorites but my all time favorite is the Death Star (it's a planet, right?) with it's halls filled with Stormtroopers and other Imperial soldiers. Cool stuff!

Eternal Padawan
07-13-2002, 10:24 AM
I'd pick Tatooine. I dunno. It just feels like "home" to me, (from the movies' point of view...)

hango fett
07-13-2002, 10:39 AM
tatooine and bespin. :)

Pendo
07-13-2002, 05:19 PM
I'd have to say either Cloud City or Coruscant but we don't get to see much of Coruscant in the OT, just a 2 second shot at the end of ROTJ. Maybe the Archival Editions will show us more. I'd also like to see more of Cloud City too and also to go down to the planet.

PENDO!

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-14-2002, 12:36 AM
I would say Hoth, simply because it reminds me of Western New York in the winter time. Plus, it is site of my favorite battle scene of the 5 movies so far. Wouldn't want to live there year long though. Have to go to Tatooine for a couple of months to thaw out.

Bespin is a close second. The blue sky and clouds make it seem heavenly, a true paradise in the clouds.

MFH
07-14-2002, 02:40 PM
definitely not Tatooine. I hate the desert.

DarthBatman
07-14-2002, 03:44 PM
Ah, MFH, I thought you loved Yuma? All that nice, warm sand... and the tourists....

Fixer
07-17-2002, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Exhaust Port
Endor is one of my favorites but my all time favorite is the Death Star (it's a planet, right?) with it's halls filled with Stormtroopers and other Imperial soldiers. Cool stuff!

Ah, you beat me to it. Definitely the Death Star (original). Bespin and Tatooine close seconds. Not a fan of Endor - there's nothing particualry exotic about it. Every time I see it, I think, "oh, Lucas filmed that in his back yard."

Darkross
07-17-2002, 04:18 PM
Definitely Coruscant...only wish that we got to see more of it in the OT instead of just a little bit at the end of Jedi. Bespin is a very close second though!

Lobito
07-18-2002, 03:52 PM
Hoth...WHY?? Wampas...Taun Tauns, Probot, At At's Snowspeeders...yep...HOTH.

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 04:13 PM
Alderran sounds nice but, since it got blow'd up by the death star I' d have to say Endor. I mean ewoks, they rock.