PDA

View Full Version : Han or Luke...??

Lobito
10-08-2001, 07:53 PM
For u...who was the better pilot between Han and Luke??

Although Luke was the hero of the saga i stay with Han.:cool:

Your thoughts...

Fulit
10-08-2001, 08:17 PM
Han, because he didn't even need the Force.

master jedi
10-09-2001, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by Fulit
Han, because he didn't even need the Force.

I agree. The only reason Luke was good at anything was because of the Force.

Brave Sir Robin
10-09-2001, 05:00 PM
Definaley Han. He is a cooler character, he flies without the force, and his best friend is a Wookiee. And he made the Kessel run in less than twelve parsecs! :D

Mandalorian Candidat
10-09-2001, 05:20 PM
Here's a harder one...

Who's the better worst pilot, Porkins or Hobbie (snowspeeder pilot from ESB)?

Bel-Cam Jos
10-09-2001, 07:45 PM
Better pilot: Han, because Luke hardly pilots. He just flies. Straight in the trench. Has to have Biggs bail him out. Flies into a huge fire ball! Crashes into a swamp. Gets hit by an AT-AT cannon without swerving. Yawn...

Better worst pilot: Hobbie. Why? I don't know. Just guessing. I have a 50% chance of being right. :p

Rollo Tomassi
10-10-2001, 10:26 AM
Whoever told Porkins to eject was a pretty stupid pilot...HELLO??!? They are in OUTER SPACE!!! Sheesh...

JediTricks
10-10-2001, 10:39 AM
Luke, because he was the hero (and he had 2 lightsabers, that sort of thing matters to you when you're a kid ;)), oh, and he kicked Darth Vader's arse!

Han's cool too in my book, but he relies on his friends, especially Chewie, too much for my tastes.

Porkins could have ejected, the X-wing pilot flightsuit has a quick mask to cover the face for emergency eject in much EU, plus, the line wouldn't be in the film if they couldn't eject. ;) Porkins is the worst pilot though IMO because he gets splashed RIGHT AWAY.

Lobito
10-10-2001, 12:37 PM
Between Hobbie and Porkins?? Hobbie...hands down, hey he is in Rougue Squadron!!:D

Fulit
10-10-2001, 12:55 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks

Han's cool too in my book, but he relies on his friends, especially Chewie, too much for my tastes.

What would've happened to Luke, though, had Han not come back and saved him? Daddy would've turned him into space junk, that's what! :D

ThomasLane
10-10-2001, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Rollo Tomassi
Whoever told Porkins to eject was a pretty stupid pilot...HELLO??!? They are in OUTER SPACE!!! Sheesh...

But the jumpsuit and hockey helmet he was wearing should have protected him from the vacuum of space, right? ;)

Grif
10-10-2001, 04:18 PM
Han. He got through an astroid field,dodged the empire, and many other things all with an old ship that was about to fall apart.

master jedi
10-10-2001, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Mandalorian Candidat
Here's a harder one...

Who's the better worst pilot, Porkins or Hobbie (snowspeeder pilot from ESB)?

Tough decision but I'd go with Hobbie.

Obi-Don
10-11-2001, 10:17 AM
As for Han or Luke, I would go with Han.His skill dosn't come from the Force.

Porkins,buys it before the fight really gets started.

Mandalorian Candidat
10-11-2001, 11:22 AM
Originally posted by Lobito
Between Hobbie and Porkins?? Hobbie...hands down, hey he is in Rougue Squadron!!:D

Actually, Porkins was part of Rogue Squadron. Red Squadron later changed their name to Rogue.

I vote for Porkins as the worst pilot. At least Hobbie wasn't the first to bite it in the battle he fought.

Jedi Clint
10-11-2001, 01:17 PM
What about Wedge? He blew up a Tie and flew right through the ball of fire to save Luke. He also survived (and was instrumental in) the attacks against both Death Stars.

Lobito
10-17-2001, 10:02 PM
Hmmm...between the other alliance pilots Wedge sure is the best, but IMO he is no better than Han, Luke, Lando or Dash.:)