PDA

View Full Version : the sceond wave of cantina aliens is......come on in I got you covered

mylow thehutt
07-11-2002, 12:10 PM
:) over at rebelscum they said,the new wave of wal-mart aliens is Kitiki-kit-keed,Dr Ezame(sp),and that bartender guy Wupha or somthing like that.:)

MikeAndTheBots
07-11-2002, 12:34 PM
Wuher? Cool, I missed out on him the first time. Plus the mantis guy is cool. I hope its a new sculpt of Dr Evazan (SP). If I'm not mistaken, the last one was less than perfect.

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2002, 12:45 PM
Strange . . . SirSteve confirmed Kitik Keed'kak and Dr. Evazan, but he seemed all excited to keep the third one under wraps. Why would you get excited over, and not be able to tell about, a resculpt of a minor character? And, Wuher is already printed on the background of one of the first-wavers, doesn't it seem at all odd to you that they'd purposely put two Wuhers in the same scene?
Oh well . . .

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 01:43 PM
Attack of the Bartender Clones. :p

Watch the line die before we can get the new figure Cantina packs from low sales of the first figures being rehashed molds with little changes. They could do ok I guess, but hopefully they won't wait forever to release the 2nd wave as they have with several other lines that lead to their demise.

2-1B
07-11-2002, 01:51 PM
Good point Basker, those first sets could sit and then the few second wavers that make it to retail will be ultra rare, great for scalpin' ! :D

mylow thehutt
07-11-2002, 02:06 PM
I heard the new 3 get there own bar,so no 2 bar tendrs.

SuperBattleDroid88
07-11-2002, 02:25 PM
I had a feeling it would be Wuher....

Jargo
07-11-2002, 03:37 PM
Retooled figures. let's not forget that they're retooled - slightly. So if it's Wuher, he'll no doubt have both hands permanently fixed around glasses. :) What would be the point of releasing a Wuher if he's printed onthe backgound card of the sets. I think it's Ponda Baba that's got Wuher on his section of background. It'd make more sense to release something like the cantina band member. But what if all the sections are straight pieces of bar? That's gonna hurt sales if you can't finish the bar off with the curved ends.

Kuzu
07-11-2002, 05:19 PM
jar jar do you think we'll see these guys at the 2nd sw toy convention at th end of the mounth?

thespar
07-11-2002, 05:42 PM
i might be cool to be able to get a hold of Wuher.

LTBasker
07-11-2002, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by Kuzu
jar jar do you think we'll see these guys at the 2nd sw toy convention at th end of the mounth?

Maybe not, considering they were just announced. However there is always a possibility of them showing, but doubtful since the 1st wave of Cantina sets aren't very close to release.

Beast
07-11-2002, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Kuzu
Well, here is exactly what Rebelscum has to say on the 2nd assortment of Cantina Packs. I don't think we will see them really soon, since Hasbro has been keeping things under wraps alot. So I doubt that they will be on display at the San Diego Con. :)

Cantina Wave 2
Mike: According to very close sources, the second wave of the Wal-Mart Cantina sets will consist of the insectoid Kitik Keedkak, the irascible Dr. Evazan, and the burly bartender Wuher. Kitik will be an all new sculpt, while Evazan and Wuher will be partially retooled from previous molds. The figures will each come with their own interconnecting section of the Mos Eisley Cantina. These are expected to have a fall availability.

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

RooJay
07-11-2002, 09:17 PM
I still don't find myself being terribly excited about these. If this latest news turns out to be true then I have even less hope of something really good coming out of this line. How many people were truly clamoring for a Kitik Keed'kak figure? Don't get me wrong, I'm happy we'll be getting at least one new figure in this line, but why does it have to be this one when there are so many other aliens I'm sure we'd all much rather have. I'm still also havng trouble seeing these as anything but repaints. I've already got Wuher, Ponda, Greedo, Dr. Evazan (the crappy version it seems like we'll almost certainly now be getting again!) and Momaw Nadon! Now I'll be forced to buy them again if I want a bar playset for them! If Hasbro was simply releasing the bar sections together as a playset and the figures individually carded, I wouldn't think twice about passing the figures over and just buying the playset to go with the figures I already have.

Seems to me like a case of Hasbro trying to make money for nothing.

anarky
07-12-2002, 03:12 PM
evazan only partially retooled? c'mon, hasbro--the poor chap needs a completely new sculpt! the cinema scene version ranks right up there with r5-d4 and monkey face leia! it looks more like one of those background characters in disney cartoons (like ducktales) that are of the same unknown species as goofy but are clearly not goofy!

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-12-2002, 07:27 PM
Umm . . . I always thought Goofy was a dog . . .:rolleyes: :crazed:

evenflow
07-12-2002, 09:54 PM
I think the sets are a good idea, and I don't even mind Evazen gettign a resculpt. I just wish that they were more new never before made aliens. In all seriousness, how many Greedo's do we really need. At least we are getting one new alien.

RooJay
07-12-2002, 10:03 PM
If Goofy was a dog, then how do you explain Pluto?:happy:

Hellboy
07-12-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by RooJay
If Goofy was a dog, then how do you explain Pluto?:happy:

They were both dogs but Goofy's mom was human and thats why he walked upright and talked .:eek:

bigbarada
07-13-2002, 03:08 PM
So which parts of Dr. Evazan will they be keeping? His crappy and inaccurate face? His spastic legs? His smooth, shiny arms or torso? I don't like this at all, he should be completely resculpted from top to bottom.

They might pack Wuher with a replacement for Ponda Baba's background, or you can just pretend he is standing in front of a mirror.:) Fuzzy pictures printed onto cardboard aren't that big of a deal for me, so the printed Wuher pic is essentially a non-issue.

Kittik Keedkak...... a praying mantis in a dress...... yep, that's been on the top of my wish list for years.:rolleyes: Pass.