PDA

View Full Version : Finally, finally...

Lman316
07-11-2002, 11:31 AM
Today, after many weeks of waiting (and many before that of searching), I finally found Palpatine and Djas Puhr.
They had two of each, so I could check the paint jobs. I found a Palpy with "muted" red dots, and it looks pretty good. I didn't really see any differences on the Djases.
I have to say that I'm quite pleasantly surprised with Palpatine. I knew that he was basically a statue, and I had made remarks about how his hands were formed, but I really do like this figure. The likeness is outstanding, IMO, especially from the side, and I think this one is going to look great in my displays with a few royal guards standing behind him. Still, I just wish he could hold a lightsaber so when I'm playing...
Now, on the other hand, I'm disappointed with Djas. It has a decent sculpt and my paint application is okay, but this thing's got its problems. The blasters are like gum - Hasbro should just start packing in a container of Play-Doh and let us mold our own; this figure is one of many suffering from DAFS, or Drunken Action Figure Syndrome: he can't stand up on a bet (although, he is a cantina patron, so...); and last but not least, I just happened to get mine with a loose(r) waist joint (I always seem to get those...).
But I digress...they're cool looking, and Djas can lean against someone in my cantina while Palpy stands proud before his peers. And I'm just happy I finally found him.
Now where's that Acklay...

End :happy:...

Jonna
07-11-2002, 11:33 AM
I still have not found either of them or the Chewie wave. Been seeing a few Acklays though.

Lman316
07-11-2002, 11:37 AM
Originally posted by Jonna
I still have not found either of them or the Chewie wave. Been seeing a few Acklays though.

I got extremely lucky and nabbed the Chewie wave early. Sometimes it pays to check Wal*Mart and Toy Works everyday, lol. I just happened to be checking the latter, and there they (Chewie, Han and Obi-Wan, plus Bespin Vader and Luke, who I had been looking for) sitting in the bin. That was a fine day.

End :D...

Mr. JabbaJohnL
07-11-2002, 11:40 AM
I have personally seen every single 3-3/4" scale item out, except for Yoda . . .:frus:

Jedi_Rainman
07-11-2002, 12:51 PM
I hit a 24 hour WM yesterday around 10pm and found 15 cases of figures and I dug through them all and found my Chewbacca, Djas, and Palpatine.

hango fett
07-11-2002, 01:15 PM
we have yet to see any of the waves (chewie-djas) in ANY store within a 50 mile radious from every direction...but we got them off ebay and should be coming any time now! including a bloody luke!
hango
ps.....i will have pics of my collection later today. i'll put up a new thread so be on the lookout!

SuperBattleDroid88
07-11-2002, 01:21 PM
Still looking for Djas and Palp....

Jedi Juice
07-11-2002, 01:56 PM
Hey, just keep looking, and you'll have a "lucky day" too. I notice that around here, Walmart receives the newer figures first, then KB Toys....

hango fett
07-11-2002, 02:11 PM
wal-mart is usually good at getting them in within 2 weeks of the release around here, but no this time...
hango

KEBco
07-11-2002, 02:14 PM
Originally posted by hango fett
we have yet to see any of the waves (chewie-djas) in ANY store within a 50 mile radious from every direction...but we got them off ebay and should be coming any time now! including a bloody luke!

Time for a plug for the sponsor.

If you do not like the thrill of the hunt, or really the find at the end of the hunt, maybe our exclusive "One Of Every Figure" club is for you.
We have had and will have more of every figure released so far this year. We currently have in stock, ready to ship about 80% of the figures. Some are sold out, but we will have more very soon.
The benefits of the club include never having to search from store to store, coming up empty, ever again. As Hasbro makes a figure official, it is automatically added to your open order. Then just sit back and wait for a delivery to your door.
If this sounds like something you may be interested in, please check our site at www.kebcotoys.com.
Thanks, KEBco

yodajedimaster01
07-11-2002, 02:17 PM
My walmart had like all the new figures except the brand new ones like ki adi mundi. I also looked to the side and they had like 10 cases of collection wave 4. So i guess ill never get the new ones because theyll keep putting them out.

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-11-2002, 03:18 PM
i found them all 40-40...

robman71
07-11-2002, 03:28 PM
Yeah, I finally found Palpy and Djas in Walmart. The only problem is that I ordered them from an online store just a week ago and received them the day before I found them. Also someone had totally destroyed the cards and bubbles. (All the other figures in this wave were in pristine condition, so I really suspect someone destroyed them on purpose). I still seem to be missing Chewie by about an hour or so at most other stores.

Lowly Bantha Cleaner
07-11-2002, 11:50 PM
Congrats on your finds LMan.

I scored a Dooku today (my first one) meaning I have seen every 3 3/4 fig out there, but I lack three. Djas, Zam, and Mace. The latter two will be easy to find and Djas will be a bit tougher, but in due time I'll surely nab him. I passed two of them up two weeks ago because his cards were bent pretty bad. Hopefully they were crushed in shipping and it was not a disgruntled scalper's fault.