PDA

View Full Version : Endor Raid Han action feature?

Lt Kettch
07-11-2002, 04:34 PM
Is Endor Raid Han's action feature the same as Amidala's?

thespar
07-11-2002, 04:37 PM
i do not think they are the same but i could be wrong.

Lord Tenebrous
07-11-2002, 04:49 PM
Han, Padme, and Zam are the three figures to feature "Quick-Draw Action!".

Beast
07-11-2002, 04:52 PM
It's really similar, but unlike Padme's the arm actually does lock down. It's sort of a marriage between Padme's and Zam's. The Padme one both sucks and blows, where as the Zam and Han Solo ones arn't that bad. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

thespar
07-11-2002, 04:55 PM
JarJAr i know you would have the right answer

pthfnder89
07-12-2002, 04:01 PM
The Endor Han feature is fairly disappointing, since it bloacks his ability to swivel his arm up. But It is a HUGE improvement over Padme as JarJar said. I literally threw away my Padme figure because her arm just dosn't stay down.:rolleyes:

JediTricks
07-12-2002, 06:04 PM
Mechanically, it has nothing in common with Zam's feature; Han's feature is the same as Padme's except with a tiny bump holding the torso from turning. That's what the droid caller is for, it pushes the bump down out of the way of the torso and lets that torso turn freely - this is what keeps the arm down when the torso is stuck by that bump; but if you hold the caller down and turn the torso, it'll react exactly as Padme does.

pthfnder89
07-12-2002, 06:51 PM
Originally posted by JediTricks
Mechanically, it has nothing in common with Zam's feature;
True. Despite both being labeled as a "Quick Draw Feature" Hasbro implemented them both in ottaly different ways. Zams is obviously superior in that there is no waist movement involved leaving the waist joint free (although still messed up by her airhose/belt thing) and it can be swiveled fairly freely independent of the spring movement.

wedgeA
07-12-2002, 07:56 PM
I was a little annoyed by the switch sticking out of Han's gut. It just seemed too prominent, especially being on the front of the figure.

Jaina Solo
07-15-2002, 06:56 PM
Yeah, I agree. I keep seeing people call it a "droid caller" but I think it's just a really conspicuious piece of plastic.

jonboy
07-15-2002, 07:18 PM
Han's "action feature" is kind of lame. I would have been happy with more articulation and no gimmicks. The figure is well sculpted and a good likeness of Han though.

Lord Tenebrous
07-15-2002, 07:19 PM
:rolleyes:

The droid caller is a real belt accessory. The prop was made from a Kobold camera flash.

http://www.partsofsw.com/hansw.htm

jonboy
07-15-2002, 07:21 PM
That was an obscure piece of info!!! I find little tidbits like that interesting.

JEDIpartner
07-16-2002, 12:40 PM
The figure is lame. We could have done without this Han Solo figure. It is completely trite and badly engineered.

JediTricks
07-17-2002, 05:57 AM
Zam's airhose thingy unplugs from her torso to allow for a full range of motion there, though it obviously will look a little odd.

I think this Han figure is ok, now that I've found the silver version of the caller (it's gray with some slight flecks), I think this isn't entirely a waste of plastic. I like the headsculpt in many ways, but he looks like he's flaring his nostrils which makes him look like a monkey or something. The hair is a bit too thick in the front, looks like pudding rather than tussled hair - Hasbro could have fixed this by adding a slight light overspray to the front of the hair shelf. This figure is a bit of a one-pose wonder, but I think it's got a good pose and the vest mostly covers the ugly hinge.

Jayspawn
07-17-2002, 12:03 PM
I agree with JEDIpartnr. The enguineering of the Han figure was just plain bad. Not to mention Padme also. The Han figure would be a lot better without the feature.

(His gun is very cool though)