PDA

View Full Version : Who has all 96?

bigbarada
10-08-2001, 09:32 PM
Just wondering if anyone out there actually has all 96 vintage figures. For those of you not keeping score, the POTF card showed 92 figures on the back. Add Yakface, 93. Then add the original Threepio, original Artoo and the Sensorscope Artoo, 96.

At last count, I only have 58 of them, but my next major goal as a collector is to fill in the gaps. Of course, when those gaps include Yakface, Luke Stormtrooper, Han Carbonite and pretty much most of the POTF line then it becomes a slow expensive process.

GNT
10-08-2001, 11:54 PM
I have all the Vintage figures that were released,I just [b]dont[b] have the Ewoks and Droids figures that didn't come out,that includes Vlix, which I have had 2 chances to buy,but I didn't want to pay the price they were charging,But I find my collection complete by my standards :)

ACPin
10-09-2001, 07:42 AM
Got them all mostly loose. I've done trades for some of the last figures in the line with some of the htf FF figures that I found in retail. As an example, I traded my extra FF Sandtrooper for a carded Amanaman! Other figures I managed to get from eBay and I do have multiples of the more common figures plus some of the htf ones which I use for my dioramas. Check out my Ewok Dioramas (http://www.figures.com/Features/index.html?show_article=21988&domain=sirstevesguide.com&dom=ss&domain_id=5).

Lobito
10-09-2001, 12:16 PM
Plus if u add Snaggletooth (Sears Cantina) u have 97. :eek: Anyway my count goes to 61.:D

Bel-Cam Jos
10-09-2001, 06:24 PM
I'm glad you didn't consider "variants" separate figures (i.e. Vinyl Jawa, Small head Han, Brown hair Bepsin Luke, etc.) in your list.
I guess I must have 'em all, since I have all the ones listed on the POTF card, plus the other R2s, C3PO, Yakface, and Blue Snaggs. Droids and Ewoks don't count in my collection.

bigbarada
10-09-2001, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Bel-Cam Jos
I'm glad you didn't consider "variants" separate figures (i.e. Vinyl Jawa, Small head Han, Brown hair Bepsin Luke, etc.) in your list.

I really don't consider variants to be separate figures, and to me a complete figure collection doesn't inlcude them. Blue Snags is kind of an exception since he is almost a completely new sculpt when compared to the Red Snags, so he could count, bringing the number up to 97.

Also I was thinking about adding the Rebo Band 3-Pack which would bring the count up to 100. I've also heard Jabba referred to as a figure, not a beast, so he could bring the total up to 101.

Egads, where does it end?

Oh yeah, Ewoks and Droids toys (with the exception of the A-Wing vehicle, A-Wing Pilot and Boba Fett) are most definitely not Star Wars in my book. Vlix be damned!!:p

Lobito
10-10-2001, 12:09 PM
Hey, we forgot Salacious Crumb too!! :eek: That would take us to 102!!

JediCole
10-10-2001, 04:49 PM
Though I would agree that the Max Rebo Band and blue Snaggletooth count as figures, I disagree with including Jabba and (especially) Salacious in that mix. Jabba is a tough one to classify, but Salacious, then as now, is no more than an accessory in my book. If you include Jabba and Salacious, why not include the probe droid from the Turret & Probot Playset (103), the Taun Taun (104), Dewback (105), well, you get the idea.

Anyway, no matter how you slice it, I have them all, from the Early Bird Luke (Christmas present in 1977 when I was 12) to (bitterly paid $75.00 loose) Yakface, the only figure I did not know about until years after the line ended. Yakface and Lumat were the only two I did not buy as they came out, including the blue Snags (Christmas present in 1978). I was one of the lucky ones, my mom recognized EXACTLY what Star Wars was going to be from day one, and encouraged my brothers and I to take care of our figures and toys. I was the only one who listened and now I have to have one room of the house just for my collection!

Lobito
10-10-2001, 05:41 PM
Hmmm...you forgot Rancor and Wampa too!!:cool:

Bel-Cam Jos
10-10-2001, 06:05 PM
Belly Open Tauntaun as another? Dianoga from the DS playset? The droid form the Droid Factory set? The list could go on and on. I think just 3 3/4" scale figures with SW, ESB, ROJ, POTF, or TriLogo cards should count. Whoops; then that'd take Blue Snaggs out. Dang! Why can't toy collecting be easy, as well as fun?!? ;)

bigbarada
10-10-2001, 10:25 PM
So should the three-legged Artoo from the Droid Factory set count as a separate figure?

Well, anyway, I just got Amanaman, Lumat and Romba in the mail so my count is now up to 61. :D

darth chuck
10-11-2001, 08:14 AM
I have the 96 mentioned, plus Blue snags, Rebo Band, big head han, brown hair luke, jedi luke with blue & green sabers, and the droid factory R2. (plus every vehicle and toy except Imp Shuttle)

But though I have four jawas, alas, no vinyl cape!

Oh, and droids/ewoks don't count in my collection neither.

evenflow
10-11-2001, 11:49 AM
I've got them all, including variations: wind up R2, Droid factory R2, brown hair, tan limbs, big heads, small head, all the droids & ewoks, blue sabers, blue snagg, telescoping luke, etc.

All that I am missing is Vlix, telescoping Ben, telescoping Vader, and the Droids Ewoks prototypes. Unlike GNT, In my opinion I do not have a complete set.

Bel-Cam Jos
10-12-2001, 07:30 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada
Well, anyway, I just got Amanaman, Lumat and Romba in the mail so my count is now up to 61. :D
Wow, bb. You just get figures sent to you via mail at random... :p

And, as to "So should the three-legged Artoo from the Droid Factory set count as a separate figure?" No. You can make any droid in that set, so you could have a buncha other figures.

bigbarada
10-12-2001, 07:37 PM
Wow, bb. You just get figures sent to you via mail at random... :p

Yep, and next week I am getting an A-Wing Pilot, Warok, Imperial Dignitary and Leia with Combat Poncho. :D

Actually I order them from brianstoys, which I know is unusually expensive but what can I say? I have more money than sense.;) No really, they've been the fastest and most reliable online store I have dealt with so far, so they get most of my business.

stillakid
10-13-2001, 12:45 AM
Sigh, I'm 14 figures shy of a complete set. Unfortunately most of what I need are the expensive POTF guys. I'll get there...someday.

Then I'll start working on the Droids and Ewoks sets!

darth chuck
10-14-2001, 03:30 AM
I thought I was the only one on this site that gives in and pays Brian's Toys prices!

But you're right, bb, their service is second to none. If it weren't for them, I wouldn't have gotten my last four POTJ figs. They are the only place that seems to always have everything.

(I wonder if I forward this reply to them, I could get a discount?)

bigbarada
10-14-2001, 12:26 PM
To me, reliability, service and (most of all) trust are much more important than price. So far, in my own experiences, Brian's Toys has excelled in those three areas.

(No thanks are necessary BT, but a 25% discount coupon would be much appreciated) :D

evenflow
10-18-2001, 08:57 AM
No, even though Brian's is expensive, he is probably the best one. I just bought one of the POTF coins I needed yesterday. I give me money as well.

Wolfwood319
11-04-2001, 01:53 AM
Brian's Toys is the best out there, for some reason, they do have everything. And the higher prices, you pay for quality.

Anyway, I consider myself lucky. My parents were big fans of the trilogy, so my first action figures were the 1985 POTF that my mom got me. I have all of them except for Yakface, they were all played to shreds though. I have very few accesories left.

Counting the originals that I have gotten since then, my count is 78, not counting Jabba or beasts. I also have most of the vehicles and playsets, except for the Death Star playset, Land of the Jawas, and a few others.

C99
11-05-2001, 07:52 PM
I Do!

Tarkin the otter
11-08-2001, 04:36 PM
I had 'em all, but gave them to my friend when I grew out of them & discovered girls & alcohol (oh to be 17 again). He still has them all, but refuses to sell them back. Once a week I'm allowed to look at them & pretend they're still mine, which is some consilation I suppose.

bigbarada
11-08-2001, 11:18 PM
Well, I am now up to 70, with only 26 to go!:D

GNT
11-09-2001, 12:42 AM
Originally posted by Tarkin the otter
I had 'em all, but gave them to my friend when I grew out of them & discovered girls & alcohol (oh to be 17 again). He still has them all, but refuses to sell them back. Once a week I'm allowed to look at them & pretend they're still mine, which is some consilation I suppose.

Why not steal them back from him? Once a week?

evenflow
11-09-2001, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Tarkin the otter

once a week, Now that's funny. :)

Lobito
11-09-2001, 11:34 AM
I have 69 now...it sure feels like the old days...:D

DukeofErg
11-22-2001, 10:25 PM
The 96 plus most of the extras are mine: Rebo Band, jabba and salacious crumb, DT Luke, Blue Snaggletooth, VC Jawa, both Hans, the Takara wind-up R2-D2. I traded the Droid Fac(don't count that R2) and didn't get into the variations beyond function or parts. Do have the talking Troop Transporter though, and a shuttle to oversee it all :happy:

GNT
11-22-2001, 11:50 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
once a week, Now that's funny. :)

:)

Fixer
11-23-2001, 12:08 PM
Got the 96, plus some others (blue Snag, Rebo band, Han variants). Debating whether to start in on the Droids and Ewoks, because if I do, I'll have to get a Vlix, because the incompletness will gnaw away at me.

musasa
11-25-2001, 12:48 AM
I have a set. In the process of upgrading a few to C9.5. I don't collect the Droids or Ewoks line.

BTW, there are a few alternatives to Brians:

www.theearthtoymall.com
www.swseller.com

Tell em musasa sent ya. :)

GNT
11-25-2001, 12:55 AM
Originally posted by musasa
Tell em musasa sent ya. :)

musasa here? It cant be?

musasa
11-26-2001, 09:25 AM
Aye, ya young whippersnapper, I was postin here when ye was a wee lad in diapers. ;)

bigbarada
09-06-2002, 03:28 PM
Just bumping this back up, since we have a few new visitors.:)

Well, due to an unforseen financial crisis I had to sell off a majority of my vintage figures. I still have a handful, but I pretty much need to start over from scratch.:cry: I'm actually not that upset about it, since if I didn't have the toys I would never have been able to come up with enough money to fix this problem and I would be in some dire straits right now.:sur:

Oh well, here's to starting over.:happy:

jedi_uk73
09-06-2002, 06:09 PM
I got all the 96 regular figures, unfortunately loose, but gonna work on getting most of them 'moc' soon.

Luckily living in the UK, Yakface was an easy find for me all those years ago, just wish I had kept it on the dam card now :(

Unfortunately, never did get a Blue Snaggy, but working on it.

Darth Vellner
09-06-2002, 09:18 PM
I have 73. only POTF that I have are Poncho Luke, Anakin and Gen.Lando.

LusiferSam
09-07-2002, 07:07 PM
I've all of them, but no Blue Snaggletooth or the Droids and Ewoks (I think both lines are lame). I don't collect variations, so Blue Snaggletooth might not make it in to my collection. Most of mine are complete with original accessories (i.e. no repos). As a kid I had only 42 figures plus most of the maybes.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-08-2002, 10:33 AM
Originally posted by LusiferSam
I've all of them, but no Blue Snaggletooth or the Droids and Ewoks (I think both lines are lame). I don't collect variations, so Blue Snaggletooth might not make it in to my collection. Most of mine are complete with original accessories (i.e. no repos). As a kid I had only 42 figures plus most of the maybes.
1. We've had this debate on this site (probably others, too) as to what actually is a variation. To me, a separate figure sculpt is definately a variation, perhaps even a different figure. That's why I do consider Blue Snaggs a true one. This debate goes on and on, and will never end. :rolleyes:
2. I had no notion as a kid that someone could reproduce SW accessories. I hope all yours were real back then! ;)
3. I had a friend who had the maybes. Unfortunately, he had ALL of the maybes, and he was in the hospital for two weeks. Hope you heal quickly, LSam! :D

Hee, hee :happy: :crazed:

Hellboy
09-10-2002, 06:45 PM
I had most of them loose but parted with that collection years ago when I had to move. Someday I will have all 96 but I'm just starting with my carded Vintage collection and only have 7 :cry:
Oh well I guess I gotta start somewhere. I do feel lucky however because I know a few people selling their collections at very good prices and just last month picked up a C-9 Death Squad Commander 12-back for $120. :D

LusiferSam
09-11-2002, 09:41 PM
Well I changed my mind about old Blue. I found one for a reasonable price and bought him. Now if I only had the "playset" him came with...

Captain Trips
09-12-2002, 07:58 AM
I have a nearly complete loose collection of vintage figs. I'm missing 5 POTF figures. With all the new stuff that's been coming out, just haven't scraped up the funds to complete them yet. But I will one day.

Luke Stormtrooper
Han Carbonite
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial Gunner
Barada

icatch9
09-13-2002, 10:01 AM
Actually there are 113 (98 movie figures + 15 Cartoon figures) total vintage Star Wars figures.

92 Movie figures including POTF
1 Yak Face (never released in US)
1 Blue Snaggle Tooth (Sears Cantina Playset only)
3 Jabba's Band Members (Sy, Droopy, ect.)
1 R2 D2 w/ third leg (from Droid Factory,combine 5 parts to 1 figure)
6 Ewoks Cartoon figures (Wicket, Logray, King & Lady Gornesh ect)
9 Droids Figures (3PO, R2, Tigg Fromm, Jord Dusat, Kea Moll ect)

Giveing us a grand total of 113
I don't think that any of us count Vlix as a actually figure becasue Kenner never actually made him. It was a Glaslite product. So, that puts him in the same category as the Uzay figures that don't count.

I have 107 of these 113. Loose near mint to mint and complete with weapons and coins. I'm only missing 6 of the Droids and Ewok Cartoon figures (Wicket, Lady Gorneesh, Jann Tosh, Uncle Gundy, Tigg Fromm, & Sise Fromm).

I've been at this since '78 and in the last 2 years have really polished off my collection with the "money figures" that I never found as a kid. By the end of this year I plan (hope) to have the remaing 6 in my collection. Thus, haveing a complete vintage figure collection :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D!

LusiferSam
09-13-2002, 12:30 PM
Your still missing a few icatch9. The first C-3PO and R2-D2 aren't on your list. So its more like 115 on your list. My list is 100 because I don't count 3 leg R2 and won't be collecting Ewoks or Droids figures. But the number of vintage figures is highly debatable.

icatch9
09-19-2002, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by LusiferSam
Your still missing a few icatch9. The first C-3PO and R2-D2 aren't on your list. So its more like 115 on your list. My list is 100 because I don't count 3 leg R2 and won't be collecting Ewoks or Droids figures. But the number of vintage figures is highly debatable.

The first R2 and 3P0 are included in the 92 original movie figures(including POTF). Unless you mean something else. I think you mean the 3P0 that dose not have removable limbs and the R2 that is plain (no sensor scope or pop up light saber). Still they are included in the 92.

I don't like the Droids and Ewoks figures either, but they are part of the line. No matter how much we wish they weren't. They are as much a part of the Star Wars Universe as Kyle Katarn and Mara Jade. It's just those two are popular and cool. The Droids and Ewoks may be dorky and silly looking, but they still say Star Wars, they still say LFL on thier legs, and they are still made by Kenner.

The 3rd leg R2 is a toss up. Sure it's not a carded figure, but niether is the Blue Snaggletooth. It is in peices are is more like the Han Solo in Carbonite that comes w/ Slave 1, but I still have it and count it as part of my figure collection.

I agree that the number is always debateable. Most collections even so called complete collections should always come with an *. Noteing exclusions and reasons why. I plan on haveing no *'s when I finish my collection (only 6 more to go :D). Except for the one for Vlix, but there are only like 5 of him in the world and Kenner didn't make him (Glasslite did).

Alisard
09-26-2002, 04:18 PM
I have all 101 figures (what I consider the total amount), plus 18 variations. The only ones I'm missing are DT Luke, vinyl caped jawa, yak face and blue snaggletooth. I have repros of these two that are sweet looking, so I don't know if I'm going to shell out the big bucks to get the real deal. I have DT Luke, Ben and Vader, but of course the sabers are all repros. Vinyl cape jawa's got a fake cape too. Aw, well...I too don't collect the Ewoks of Droids line. Lame...:D

Bel-Cam Jos
09-26-2002, 05:25 PM
Okay, okay. You've all forced me to do something I loathe above all things in the world: make a list. Wait a minute; I LOVE making lists! Hooray!

R5-D4
R2-D2
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Boba Fett
Chewbacca
Darth Vader
Death Squad/Star Destroyer Commander
Death Star Droid
Greedo
Hammerhead
Han Solo
Jawa
Luke Skywalker
Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot
Power Droid
Princess Leia Organa
Sand People
C-3PO
Snaggletooth (Blue)
Snaggletooth (Red)
Stormtrooper
Walrus Man
Cloud Car Pilot
2-1B
4-LOM
R2-D2 with Sensorscope
AT-AT Commander
AT-AT Driver
Bespin Security Guard
Bossk (Bounty Hunter)
C-3PO (Removable Limbs)
Dengar
FX-7 (Medical Droid)
Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)
IG-88
Imperial Commander
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)
Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot
Lando Calrissian
Leia (Hoth Outfit)
Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
Lobot
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear)
Rebel Commander
Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear)
Ugnaught
Yoda
Zuckuss
8D8
Admiral Ackbar
AT-ST Driver
B-Wing Pilot
Bespin Security Guard
Bib Fortuna
Biker Scout
Chief Chirpa
Emperor's Royal Guard
Gamorrean Guard
General Madine
Han Solo (In Trench Coat)
Klaatu
Klaatu (In Skiff Guard Outfit)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Disguise)
Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
Lumat
Nien Nunb
Nikto
Paploo
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho)
Prune Face
Rancor Keeper
Rebel Commando
Ree-Yees
Squid Head
Teebo
The Emperor
Warok
Weequay
Wicket W. Warrick
A-Wing Pilot
Amanaman
Anakin Skywalker
Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) with Pop Up Lightsaber
Barada
EV-9D9
Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber)
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial Gunner
Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit)
Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho)
Romba
Yak Face

That makes 97. Luke Bespin or original aren't separate figures because they have yellow and brown hair. Small/Big head Han, maybe. Luke Jedi blue and green sabers, no. Different collar Bespin Leia, no. Rebo Band, no. Wind-up R2, probably not.

That's my 97 cents worth... :p

Alisard
09-27-2002, 07:52 AM
Here's something to chew on: if a variation is a different version of an existing figure, then wouldn't the original release of the fig be the standard version, and the change the "variation"? Therefore, the cloth cape jawa, big head han, chewie w/ black gun, red snaggletooth, regular lightsaber luke, etc, would be the "variation".
Bel-Cam Jos, why don't you count the Rebo band as figures? I could see not counting Jabba and Salacious because they're more like models or beasts, but I would think the band would count, because they really are action figures. Is it because they were released as a set and not individually carded?

icatch9
09-27-2002, 08:31 AM
I'm with Alisard on this one. Jabba's band should be considered in the set. They have everything every other figure has. If you go the "not on card, then it's not a figure" route then Blue Snaggletooth isn't a figure either becasue he never came on a card.

I think these lists all depend who's makeing them. Basically it seems to me that if you have them you count them and if you don't have them you don't count them (probally becasue you don't want to buy them). So, as I stated above most all lists should be followed by an *. Leading to a brief description of what you feel is complete.

Your logic on the variations is pretty sound, but variations arn't very logical. Variations are the root of all that is evil in this hobby. Anyway, it seems to me that the variation is always the one that is more rare. This is due to the fact that one of them is common (or easy to find). Thus the plastic cape jawa was first but only 100 exist in the world. Where as the cloth cape jawa was second, but 1millinon exist in the world. That's just the way it goes. Which ever one is the rarest is the "variation" even though 99% of the expensive "variations" did come out first.

Alisard
09-27-2002, 10:50 AM
That makes sense, icatch9. The "variation" would be the rarer of the two.
I got my list of 119 figures from the Vintage Action figure poster I got from the Star Wars Fan Club a few years back, I'm sure you guys remember it. Anyway, this shows the basic figs, including the Rebo band, but not Jabba and Salacious. That's where I got my number of 119, since there are 18 variations there. I know there are countless others, but since this poster is my collecting bible, I stick to that. Otherwise my hunt for variations would never end. I think the 18 on that poster are the most commonly accepted ones that are considered variation.
But I know everybody has a different opinion on how many figs there are, and it really is up to each collector. You have to have a basis to start with. If you say I am collecting 96 figures, because that's all I think there is, then you'd know enough to stop at 96. Well, probably not...this hobby is addicting!!!

stillakid
09-27-2002, 12:02 PM
As with the Vintage line as well as the current lines, I count every unique figure as a separate entity whether it came on a card or not. No point in discriminating based on method of shipment. :)

In my personal inventory, I count standard humans and aliens as "figures" and larger non-sentient creatures as "beasts." The fuzzy area comes in with something like the Mynock, which is almost too small to be considered a "figure of it's own" but I toss that in with the beasts. The Probot, both Vintage and New, is another one of those "do I put it with the Beasts or the Vehicles" questions. It's a droid, like any other, but not necessarily a "figure" in the same vein as R2.

Any feedback on that issue?

2-1B
09-27-2002, 01:12 PM
I follow the rule of 99, the 96 plus the Rebo Band. As for Blue Snaggs, I don't count him as anything more than a variant.
It wasn't planned in advance to release 2 different versions; I see him as a "running change" albeit a major change.

Going by that method, that allows me to say that the other Threeps and Artoos are not variations, because they were planned as new figures. Resculpts, yes - variations, NO.

Cool thread - I never read this one before! :( Good points everyone, I like the question about the 3rd leg Artoo - but wow, I never knew there was such controversy over the Rebo Band! :D

Hmm, 3rd Leg Artoo . . . I want to label it as a playset variant, but since he was "planned" as a part of the set it would contradict my earlier guideline . . . maybe since you can build him he really is more of an accessory? Not sure . . . :crazed:

stillakid, good question about the Probe Droid, I'm on the fence with that one for now.

bigbarada
09-27-2002, 02:22 PM
Originally posted by icatch9

The first R2 and 3P0 are included in the 92 original movie figures(including POTF). Unless you mean something else. I think you mean the 3P0 that dose not have removable limbs and the R2 that is plain (no sensor scope or pop up light saber). Still they are included in the 92.

That's not true, the original Threepio, Artoo and Sensorscope Artoo are NOT included in the 92 that are listed on the back of the POTF card. Thus that automatically bumps the number up to 95, adding Yakface makes it 96. Hence the title of this thread. I was referring to figures that were available individually carded, thus that would rule out the Rebo Band, Jabba, Blue Snaggletooth (unless a Meccano carded one actually shows up some day) and the Probe Droid.

Droids and Ewoks I don't consider a part of the line anymore than I consider SOTE and the 1998 EU figures to be part of the POTF2 line.

Variations are the "incorrect" versions, the common figure is the "corrected" version. Thus variations are not considered to the be separate figures or more or less legitimate than their more accurate counterpart. The way I see it, a variation offers the collector a choice of which one they think looks better. I prefer the way Red Snaggletooth looke compared to the Blue one. However, I also prefer the small head Han Solo to the big head version. It's all a matter of preference as far as I am concerned.

bigbarada
09-27-2002, 02:30 PM
And since I can't leave a point unproven, here is a picture (albeit a little fuzzy) of the 92 back POTF card. I'll try to scan one of my cardbacks later to get a more clear picture, but this one does the job.

If you will notice, only one Threepio and Artoo are shown and included in the 92 count. Thus adding original Threepio, original Artoo, Sensorscope Artoo and Yakface puts the number up to 96.

jedi_uk73
09-27-2002, 03:43 PM
I think the point of this 96 figures thread is that there was only ever 96 figures released on a regular card.

I agree that the Rebo Band can also be classed as figures, but they were NOT produced on a regular card.

I agree with bigbarada that variations cannot really be included in this, and also the same with the Droids and Ewoks series.

At the end of the day, the total amount of carded figures is.......... 96.

icatch9
09-27-2002, 03:59 PM
I love that poster, but I never got one. I've searched and searched on ebay and can't find one to buy. So any help would be hot on that one.

I never realized that the first version of R2 and 3P0 didn't show up on the card. I was takeing my number of 92 +1 from Sansweets book. I guess he made a little mistake too.

Still reading all this from many SSGers that are clearly educated in vintage figures I see many exeptions. I don't count this because....I don't count that becasue.....this shouldn't count......blah blah blah. Everyone seems to count something different. The poster is a good way to go. The cardbacks are a good way to go, but it doesn't stop there. We all the the dfference between a figure and not a figure. Max Rebo is a figure, Probe droid is not. Blue Snaggletooth is a figure, Jabba is not. We are just trying to cover our butts and make excuses why certain figures shouldn't count. It's kind of silly :D.

I bet if any of you found all the droids figures at a yard sale for $1 each, you sure as hell are going to count those on your list, but you don't want to drop $25-40 each on them. Wich is understandable ( I should know I've had to do it).

Anyway vintage figures are great. All 220 of them (just a number I pulled out of my butt).

Bel-Cam Jos
09-27-2002, 09:49 PM
"Variations" I have:
Small/big head Han
Brown/blond hair Luke
Brown/blond hair Bespin Luke
Silver/gray IG-88
Gray/white hair Kenobi
Crew/turtle neck Bespin Leia
Teeth/no teeth Lando
Blue/red Snaggs
Yellow/orange snake Yoda

That's it. I don't consider the Rebo Band as figures because they were released as a set, not as figures. Carded or not carded isn't the issue.

bigbarada
09-27-2002, 09:50 PM
I agree it really doesn't matter as we all define our own criteria for collecting. If I happened to find the Droids version of Threepio and Artoo, I would buy them, but I am not sure if I would count them as part of my Star Wars collection. The A-Wing Pilot and Boba Fett are different since they are identical to their film toys. In fact, my A-Wing Pilot figure came off of a Droids card.

Actually, if you count every carded version and variation, the number of figures skyrockets to over 400.:eek:

That picture I posted wasn't a poster, it is a scanned back of a POTF card that I found on toysrgus.com I don't think they ever made a poster of that, even though I wish they did. The only way to really get that picture is to buy one of the cheap POTF carded figures, I think the B-Wing Pilot would probably be about the cheapest one you can get (he goes for like $20 or so nowadays). I've also seen a few auctions for cardbacks on Ebay.

Actually I have one extra I can send you for free, PM me your address if you want it. It's an old Romba card and IG-88s head has been punched out, but hey, it's free.:)

LusiferSam
09-29-2002, 01:46 PM
Originally posted by bigbarada

That's not true, the original Threepio, Artoo and Sensorscope Artoo are NOT included in the 92 that are listed on the back of the POTF card. Thus that automatically bumps the number up to 95, adding Yakface makes it 96. Hence the title of this thread. I was referring to figures that were available individually carded, thus that would rule out the Rebo Band, Jabba, Blue Snaggletooth (unless a Meccano carded one actually shows up some day) and the Probe Droid.

Thank you. That was the point I was trying to make earlier, but thought wasn't useful for me to continue. As long some one else brought it up I don't mind commenting on it.

Bel-Cam Jos
09-30-2002, 06:20 PM
The POTF card back was made into a mini-poster (more of a larger card, actually). I saw some at a collectibles/antique shop near me in So Cal. It was about a foot wide by maybe 8 inches tall. I never got one, and I think they no longer have them. :(

bigbarada
10-01-2002, 12:05 AM
They really should make a poster of the 92-back card. I think I actually spend more time as a kid staring at that cardback and dreaming than I spent actually playing with the toys.:)

When I get my scanner, I guess I will scan in one of my cards and make a wallpaper out of it. When I get it done I will go ahead and post it here for anyone who wants it.:cool:

gibbspaulus
10-01-2002, 09:36 AM
Thanks BB - I actually spent an hour last night hunting for such a file! I know someone, somewherre did something like scan in a page from an old catalogue in three sections - all ultra high quality - and made a jpeg of them combined for downloading. I found it over a year ago but can't remember where.

Jedi Master Silas
10-30-2002, 10:26 PM
I have all but Yakfac and Imperial Gunner loose and complete except R2 saber (I need the pop up saber). Some of the POTF figs I have arent mint or near mint but when I can find better ones at a good price I will upgrade. I have alot of carded figures also but very few 12 backs WHICH I'M LOOKING FOR AT A GOOD PRICE HINT HINT LOL.

rassmguy
11-04-2002, 06:52 PM
Well, if you want to get REALLY technical... :)

I count the Rebo Band and Salacious because, regardless of how they were packed, they are by definition action figures. Jabba I also count because, unlike the Tauntaun and Wampa, he's not a beast -- he's a sentient character from the films, and just because he's bigger doesn't change that.

Blue Snag I count since he's a completely different figure from Red Snag even though he's the same character (much like the 2 3POs, 7 Luke Skywalkers, and so forth all count as separate figures). Other variations I don't count because they're so minor in comparison and do not make them separate figures like the Snaggleteeth brothers.

I count the Walking Wind-up R2-D2 because he's a bona fide action figure that came on a card, regardless of whether or not he was released in the U.S. That makes 103, and I have every one of them except for the Wind-up R2. Then there are the Droids and Ewoks figures, which (crappy or not) I count because they are, again, Star Wars figures by definition. That's another 17, four of which I have, bringing us to 120.

Finally... and here's where everyone grabs the nearest blunt instrument and attacks me... I count not only the 3-legged R2 but also the five other droids outlined in the directions of the Droid Factory set (which, again, I have). Why? Because although you can make a million combinations of pieces, those six have official names given by Kenner.

I do not, on the other hand, count prototypes since they were never released (though I'd still love to get my hands on them for posterity).

That brings us to a grand total of 126 vintage figures according to my criteria... of which I have all but 10. :)

Here, for those counting, is the cimplete list in alphabetical order...

1. 2-1B
2. 4-LOM
3. 8D8
4. Admiral Ackbar
5. Amanaman
6. Anakin Skywalker
7. AT-AT Commander, General Veers
8. AT-AT Driver
9. AT-ST Driver
10. A-Wing Pilot
11. Barada
12. Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
13. Bespin Security Guard, Black
14. Bespin Security Guard, White
15. Bib Fortuna
16. Biker Scout
17. Boba Fett
18. Bossk, Bounty Hunter
19. B-Wing Pilot
20. C-3PO
21. C-3PO, Droids Cartoon
22. C-3PO, Removable Limbs
23. Chewbacca
24. Chief Chirpa
25. Darth Vader
26. Death Squad Commander
27. Death Star Droid
28. Dengar
29. Droopy McCool
30. Dulok Scout
31. Dulok Shaman
32. Emperor Palpatine
33. Emperor's Royal Guard
34. EV-9D9
35. FX-7, Medical Droid
36. Gamorrean Guard
37. General Madine
38. Greedo
39. Hammerhead
40. Han Solo
41. Han Solo, Bespin Outfit
42. Han Solo, Carbonite Chamber
43. Han Solo, Hoth Outfit
44. Han Solo, Trench Coat
45. IG-88
46. Imperial Commander
47. Imperial Dignitary
48. Imperial Gunner
49. Imperial Stormtrooper, Hoth Battle Gear
50. Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot
51. Jabba the Hutt
52. Jann Tosh
53. Jawa
54. Jord Dusat
55. Kea Moll
56. Kez-Iban
57. King Gorneesh
58. Klaatu
59. Klaatu, Skiff Guard Outfit
60. Lando Calrissian
61. Lando Calrissian, General Pilot
62. Lando Calrissian, Skiff Guard Disguise
63. Lobot
64. Logray, Droids Cartoon
65. Logray, ROTJ
66. Luke Skywalker
67. Luke Skywalker, Battle Poncho
68. Luke Skywalker, Bespin Fatigues
69. Luke Skywalker, Hoth Battle Gear
70. Luke Skywalker, Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit
71. Luke Skywalker, Jedi Knight Outfit
72. Luke Skywalker, X-Wing Pilot
73. Lumat
74. Max Rebo
75. Mechano Droid, Droid Factory Playset
76. Monster Droid, Droid Factory Playset
77. Nien Nunb
78. Nikto
79. Paploo
80. Power Droid
81. Princess Leia Organa
82. Princess Leia Organa, Bespin Gown
83. Princess Leia Organa, Boushh Disguise
84. Princess Leia Organa, Combat Poncho
85. Princess Leia Organa, Hoth Outfit
86. Prune Face
87. Quad-Pod Droid, Droid Factory Playset
88. R2-D2
89. R2-D2 w/ 3 Legs, Droid Factory Playset
90. R2-D2 w/ Pop-Up Lightsaber
91. R2-D2 w/ Sensorscope
92. R2-D2 Walking Windup
93. R2-D2, Droids Cartoon
94. R5-D4
95. Rancor Keeper
96. Rebel Commander
97. Rebel Commando
98. Rebel Soldier, Hoth Battle Gear
99. Ree-Yees
100. Rollarc Droid, Droid Factory Playset
101. Romba
102. Salacious Crumb
103. Sise Fromm
104. Snaggletooth, Blue
105. Snaggletooth, Red
106. Squid Head
107. Stormtrooper
108. Sy Snootles
109. Teebo
110. Thall Joben
111. Tig Fromm
112. Tracto-Droid, Droid Factory Playset
113. Tusken Raider
114. Twin-Pod Cloud Car Pilot
115. Ugnaught
116. Uncle Gundy
117. Urgah, Lady Gorneesh
118. Vlix
119. Walrus Man
120. Warok
121. Weequay
122. Wicket W. Warrick, Droids Cartoon
123. Wicket W. Warrick, ROTJ
124. Yak Face
125. Yoda the Jedi Master
126. Zuckuss

Whew! And I wonder why my wife shakes her head at me some times...

Bel-Cam Jos
11-04-2002, 07:09 PM
Originally posted by rassmguy
Well, if you want to get REALLY technical... :)

I count the Rebo Band and Salacious because, regardless of how they were packed, they are by definition action figures. Jabba I also count because, unlike the Tauntaun and Wampa, he's not a beast -- he's a sentient character from the films, and just because he's bigger doesn't change that.

Finally... and here's where everyone grabs the nearest blunt instrument and attacks me... I count not only the 3-legged R2 but also the five other droids outlined in the directions of the Droid Factory set (which, again, I have). Why? Because although you can make a million combinations of pieces, those six have official names given by Kenner.

Isn't an "action" figure supposed to have action parts? S.Crumb lacks such a feature. :rolleyes:
If sentient creatures are the criteria, what about the Probot? Or a Pit Droid?
I never knew the Droid Factory droids had names. Can you fill in a clueless fan about them? :confused:

Just being picky... :D

stillakid
11-04-2002, 07:28 PM

Isn't an "action" figure supposed to have action parts? S.Crumb lacks such a feature. :rolleyes:

So we should take Spirit of Obi Wan, Yoda, Anakin and Hologram characters off the list? ;)

If sentient creatures are the criteria, what about the Probot? Or a Pit Droid? Young Obi Wan says it himself in AOTC: "If droids could think, none of us would be here." Maybe that's just his prejudice, but that attitude is pretty rampant across the galaxy. In any case, the Probot comes off as fairly "dumb," much like a common appliance, with one particular job to do. Pit Droids are a little more animated with some distinguished personality, but they too appear to be little more than "tools." That of course is in comparison to our lovable droids, R2 and 3PO who we see to have distinctive individualistic tendencies beyond their presumably programmed functions.

But, I too, count just about all the "sentients" as action figures, including droids and those with non-moveable parts. Larger figures that resemble more animalistic behavior are "beasts." :)

DarthQuack
06-14-2007, 08:33 PM
bump

Anyone still collecting hardcore towards a Vintage collection? I've just been bitten by the bug recently and have gotten 5 figures carded the last 24 hours....lol, I need to slow down a little bit.

bigbarada
06-15-2007, 12:52 AM
Yes, I have yet again. I think I finally got fed up with trying to track down the new merchandise.

I've won several auctions in the last few days for a bunch of vintage figures, most of them on ROTJ cards and today I just won an auction for a MIB unopened Y-Wing Fighter. B)

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-20-2007, 07:32 AM
As of yesterday I have em all + a good chunk of variants.

Now I plan on working on the $$$ variants and probably the Droids and Ewoks lines. I really like the Droids R2 and 3PO. I would also like to work on my vehicle collection.

JON9000
06-20-2007, 09:20 AM
Congratulations. Getting all 96 is a pretty big achievement!

Rebo's_Guitarist
06-20-2007, 09:26 AM
It was, and Im kinda sad I have them all now, but I guess I can move on to other vintage things. 3 more and I have the complete 12'' set.......the white figures are tough....

Kithaba
07-18-2007, 08:49 AM
I have all the vintage figures except the Blue Snaggletooth. I wasn't even aware he existed when I was a kid, and the first time I saw him was in a shop in Tokyo in the 90s. I wish I'd bought him then.

Acquiring the vintage figs was really hardgoing when I was a kid. The shops where I lived were stocked full of ESB and ROTJ pegwarmers, and I'd missed the first 70s releases, so figs like the original white Leia, Hammerhead, Walrus Man, Star Destroyer Commander etc were extremely hard to get. I never did see them in the shops. I had to swap other figures at school to get them from kids who had started collecting before me. I find them easier to find now than I did back then, but then I was relying on my relatives to get them for Xmas and birthdays (boy did they suffer with the whole thing!)

I played with my toys when I was a kid, and even now I don't believe in not taking a figure off its card, although now it is for different reasons. Now it's that I want to appreciate the figure from all angles. So my whole collection is loose - vintage or otherwise.

Even though I played with them, I always looked after my toys and stored the weapons carefully, so all my figures are in mint or near-mint condition with their weapons, except for Lumat, whose bow is missing because a friend gave his duplicate weaponless Lumat to me for free. Recently I've been buying a few to replace the figures in less-than-mint condition, so in 4 or 5 figures time I'll have a full mint collection.

I'm missing Probot, but now thinking of getting it as I now consider it a proper figure because it has been released as a deluxe figure in later collections.

I consider Jabba's band to be true figures as they are just the same thing as the others, even though they weren't carded.

I consider Jabba to be more of a beast along the lines of taun taun and hoth wampa than a figure. I can see the argument for considering him a figure, but put it this way: how do you know the hoth wampa couldn't talk?

I do not consider Salacious Crumb to be a figure. He's more of a "prop": small with no moving parts.

I have a few variations - Bespin Leias, the 2 Hans, and maybe a couple of others (my collection is not in my country of residence so I can't check). I do have an interesting variation of Darth Vader with a textured cape, but I don't know anything about it. It's not a repro - that's for sure. I also have a possible loose double telescoping lightsabre. I have only recently read about these, and I recall having a weird-looking lightsabre with a thin bit that was longer than the others. I've never tried "telescoping" the thin bit, but again, I'm unable to check this at the moment.

The droid & ewok collections have no meaning for me.

I'd go with "101" - everything off the cards, plus the R2 and 3POs, Yakface, Blue Snaggletooth, Jabba's band, and Probot.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-18-2007, 09:05 AM
Hey welcome to the boards!! I KNOW you will find lots of useful information here, along with a ton of friendly, helpful members members.

I agree with the 101 figures, I dont know how a person could not count the Rebo band!

What is your main focus of collecting nowadays?

Oh, and we all like pics:thumbsup:

Nate

Kithaba
07-18-2007, 09:27 AM
What is your main focus of collecting nowadays?

Oh, and we all like pics

Hi, thanks for the welcome. I can't see myself posting pics yet. This is the 1st time I've ever tried posting to a forum with quote thingies and emoticons. Any forum I've ever posted on has been text only. I only just worked out the avatar thing. I'm going to try a quote for this post and see if it works.

When it comes to collecting focus, I'm very definitely OT only. No prequels. They are not part of my world. No EU. No comics. No cutesy cartoon ewoks. No dodgy figures with santa claus hats on. No anything but original 3 films. I'd like to say no to SE also, but I had to make an exception for the Rebo band in order to get the original trio. I hate the likes of ASP-7. I also hate the new Cantina patrons like Ketwol. Yeah, they're cool enough as characters, but the fact that they replaced the original masked characters with them is appalling to me. The people responsible for replacing those characters have missed the point of why the films are cool imo. I hate the Ronto making all that overly-busy, contrived action in the background. I hate the computerized sandtroopers on their dewbacks. But most of all, I hate the computerized Jabba. It's scheidt.

As well as the vintage I have almost all of POTF2 - just need a couple of pack-ins. So I suppose that means I have almost everything from the last century.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-18-2007, 09:33 AM
When it comes to collecting focus, I'm very definitely OT only. No prequels. They are not part of my world. No EU. No comics. No cutesy cartoon ewoks. No dodgy figures with santa claus hats on. No anything but original 3 films. I'd like to say no to SE also, but I had to make an exception for the Rebo band in order to get the original trio. I hate the likes of ASP-7. I also hate the new Cantina patrons like Ketwol. Yeah, they're cool enough as characters, but the fact that they replaced the original masked characters with them is appalling to me. The people responsible for replacing those characters have missed the point of why the films are cool imo. I hate the Ronto making all that overly-busy, contrived action in the background. I hate the computerized sandtroopers on their dewbacks. But most of all, I hate the computerized Jabba. It's scheidt.

Oh I think we will get along together quite well:D

jjreason
07-18-2007, 05:54 PM
Hi, thanks for the welcome. I can't see myself posting pics yet. This is the 1st time I've ever tried posting to a forum with quote thingies and emoticons. Any forum I've ever posted on has been text only. I only just worked out the avatar thing. I'm going to try a quote for this post and see if it works.

As well as the vintage I have almost all of POTF2 - just need a couple of pack-ins. So I suppose that means I have almost everything from the last century.

Damn.... that writing style... so reminiscent of a familiar presence from the Far East..... nah. Couldn't be.

I'm currently at 80, needing 3 figures from ESB and 16 of the final 17.

My personal total number for vintage is 99 - I count the band in with the 96. Blue Snags, though quite unique, is just an expensive variant to me (like the vinyl cape Jawa). I'll only get one if I find a price I can't refuse on a figure I can see in person.

LusiferSam
07-19-2007, 11:39 AM
I also have a possible loose double telescoping lightsabre. I have only recently read about these, and I recall having a weird-looking lightsabre with a thin bit that was longer than the others. I've never tried "telescoping" the thin bit, but again, I'm unable to check this at the moment.

Welcome. You'll have to tell us know if you really have a DT Luke. If that's the case you'd be one of the only SSGers to have one. Over all sounds like you have a pretty impressive vintage collection.

Kithaba
07-19-2007, 12:39 PM
It's so long since I've had a chance to look at my vintage collection that I can't even remember what colour that lightsabre was. I'm pretty sure it wasn't yellow though. I think it might have been a Kenobi blue one. Won't know until I look at my collection again, which won't be for another year or 2 - dammit.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-19-2007, 12:45 PM
Oh bummer man, whats up with that?

Kithaba
07-19-2007, 12:54 PM
I emigrated to another country, and my vintage collection is stored away about 10,000 miles away. I was thinking of phoning my mother to say

"hey mum, get out my collection of the ones I used to play with as a kid - not the ones I collected when I was at college that you disapproved of b/c you thought I'd grown out of toys... ok, carefully tip out the large matchbox full of weapons... ok, be careful because there might be something quite valuable in there... now look for all the lightsabres with thin thingies sticking out of them..."

But then I thought, nah, she'd freak and get all nervous and then probably break it or something. Hehe.

Kithaba
07-19-2007, 07:28 PM
Update: I couldn't wait so I had that conversation with my mother! Turns out that it's not DT - @#&*! But I had remembered correctly that my Kenobi lightsabre does have an unusually long "wick" which is a few millimetres longer than the standard length, but that's not very exciting is it? I'll post a pic soon anyway, next to a normal one for comparison, and you'll see why I had a heartstopping moment when I thought it might have been DT and not even realised for 20-odd years. That would have been weird!

I do have a very strange jawa cloak though. I have 3 jawas, but one is made of a very different material, and the hood is a different shape. I'm pretty sure it's not a repro as I acquired it sometime before 1987, and the quality just seems too "factory produced", rather than "made by someone's mum because they lost the original". The figure originally belonged to my friend, and I can't think that at that age he'd have got his mum to make a new cloak of this quality. Will post pics of this too, with a normal one for comparison. You guys are more knowledgeable about this stuff than I am, so I want to know what you think. I'm sure it's of no particular value - I've just always wondered if anyone else out there had a similar one.

Rebo's_Guitarist
07-19-2007, 07:32 PM
A good way to find out more about your figures is to check the COO (Country Of Origin) stamp on the back of the leg. That will be able to tell you quite a bit in regards to variation and rarity. the majortiy will be made in Hong Kong, tougher to find (maybe not much more) are others like China, Taiwan, Maccau, or nothing at all. I dont believe figures from the last 17 have a COO.

Kithaba
07-19-2007, 07:51 PM
I've just been looking at some archived threads, and already found out that that jawa with the tight cloak must have been a ROTJ release (it was too early for POTF). Wow, you guys know your stuff...

evenflow
07-25-2007, 11:27 AM
I am in a bit of a lull. I have all 96, plus variants (vinyl jawa, DT Luke, Blue Snags, wind up R2 etc.) I really dont know where to go from here. I have looked into foreign variants, picked up the Glasslite C-3PO (dull gold paint). I may try to getthe Takara variant head C-3PO next. Any thoughts?

Bel-Cam Jos
07-25-2007, 12:30 PM
I really dont know where to go from here. ... Any thoughts?I went into the Mini Rigs and small accessories mode... still looking for some of those. But I gave up on some variants or rarities (i.e. vinyl Jawa, red cape Bib) because I figured to afford them, they'd probably be fakes.

Or you could even collect the trading cards, but... :D

sjd9299
07-25-2007, 10:02 PM
I am in a bit of a lull. I have all 96, plus variants (vinyl jawa, DT Luke, Blue Snags, wind up R2 etc.) I really dont know where to go from here. I have looked into foreign variants, picked up the Glasslite C-3PO (dull gold paint). I may try to getthe Takara variant head C-3PO next. Any thoughts?

What about the Ewoks and Droids lines?
How about bagged or carded?

I always branch off before any kind of lull. This also means before I finish anything.

evenflow
07-28-2007, 10:23 AM
I went into the Mini Rigs and small accessories mode... still looking for some of those. But I gave up on some variants or rarities (i.e. vinyl Jawa, red cape Bib) because I figured to afford them, they'd probably be fakes.

Or you could even collect the trading cards, but... :D

What about the Ewoks and Droids lines?
How about bagged or carded?

I always branch off before any kind of lull. This also means before I finish anything.

I have a complete set of Droids and Ewoks MOC. I still need Vlix which is something i have been working on for years. I thought about mini rigs but have never been much of a vehivle guy. I don't know...

bpr2
08-14-2007, 01:58 AM
I have most of them. I bought them mainly as a child and have kept them ever since.

R5-D4
R2-D2 (Early Bird)
Ben (Obi-Wan) Kenobi
Boba Fett (Mail away)
Chewbacca (Early Bird w/ green crossbow))
Darth Vader
Death Squad Commander
Death Star Droid
Greedo
Hammerhead
Han Solo (Small Head)
Jawa
Luke Skywalker (Early Bird w/ extra long Telescopic lightsaber)
Luke Skywalker: X-Wing Pilot
Power Droid
Princess Leia Organa (Early Bird)
Sand People
C-3PO
Snaggletooth (Blue)
Snaggletooth (Red)
Stormtrooper
Walrus Man
Cloud Car Pilot
2-1B
4-LOM
R2-D2 with Sensorscope
AT-AT Commander
AT-AT Driver
Bespin Security Guard
Bossk (Bounty Hunter)
C-3PO (Removable Limbs)
Dengar
FX-7 (Medical Droid)
Han Solo (Bespin Outfit)
Han Solo (Hoth Outfit)
IG-88
Imperial Commander
Imperial Stormtrooper (Hoth Battle Gear)
Imperial Tie Fighter Pilot
Lando Calrissian
Leia (Hoth Outfit)
Leia Organa (Bespin Gown)
Lobot
Luke Skywalker (Bespin Fatigues)
Luke Skywalker (Hoth Battle Gear)
Rebel Commander
Rebel Soldier (Hoth Battle Gear)
Ugnaught
Yoda
Zuckuss
8D8
Admiral Ackbar
AT-ST Driver
B-Wing Pilot
Bespin Security Guard
Bib Fortuna
Biker Scout
Chief Chirpa
Emperor's Royal Guard
Gamorrean Guard
General Madine
Han Solo (In Trench Coat)
Klaatu
Klaatu (In Skiff Guard Outfit)
Lando Calrissian (Skiff Disguise)
Logray (Ewok Medicine Man)
Luke Skywalker (Jedi Knight Outfit)
Lumat
Nien Nunb
Nikto
Paploo
Princess Leia Organa (Boushh Disguise)
Princess Leia Organa (in Combat Poncho)
Prune Face
Rancor Keeper
Rebel Commando
Ree-Yees
Squid Head
Teebo
The Emperor
Warok
Weequay
Wicket W. Warrick
A-Wing Pilot
Amanaman
Anakin Skywalker
Artoo-Detoo (R2-D2) with Pop Up Lightsaber (Do NOT own, yet)
Barada
EV-9D9
Han Solo (In Carbonite Chamber) (Ebay)
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial Gunner (Ebay)
Lando Calrissian (General Pilot)
Luke Skywalker (Imperial Stormtrooper Outfit) (Ebay)
Luke Skywalker (In Battle Poncho)
Romba
* - Yak Face (wish list)

That makes 95 for me. I also have the Max Rebo Band. I took good care of most of them and have all of the original weapons. We lived near Sears, so that is where most came from. I have most of the Sears exclusive playsets. So all of those figures are the versions I have, they were not bought individually. I also have all of the 12 inch figures. They are all complete except boxes(Idiot).

evenflow
01-14-2008, 05:37 PM
I decided to truly complete the Droids and Ewoks line and get the Droids vehicles MIB. I got 2 down, A-wing to go (of course the expensive one)

El Chuxter
01-14-2008, 06:09 PM
Slicker's Mom doesn't have all 96. She has, however, used all 96 for self-indulgent carnal purposes. I'm sure the videos are on YouTube.

Slicker
01-14-2008, 08:43 PM
Do you happen to have any pictures of your figures, evenflow? I'd really love to see 'em!

DarthQuack
01-14-2008, 08:58 PM
I haven't bought any vintage since back in the summer. I think I'm still at 10 or 11, MOC.

stillakid
01-14-2008, 08:59 PM
Do you happen to have any pictures of your figures, evenflow? I'd really love to see 'em!

Hey, get a room! :whip:

Droid
01-15-2008, 10:51 AM
I don't care about the Droids or Ewoks figures.

I still need: Blue Snaggletooth, R2D2 from the Droid Factory, Luke in Endor Pancho, R2-D2 with pop-up Lightsaber, Amanaman, Imperial Gunner, Han in Carbonite figure, the Carbonite block, EV-9D9, A-Wing Pilot, and Yak Face.

I have the other basics, the Dewback, the Trash Compactor Monster, Yoda's orange and brown snakes, the two Tauntaun variations, the Wampa, the Slave I Han in Carbonite, Probot, Jabba, Salacious Crumb, the Rancor, and the Reebo band.

From the POTF I have Romba, Barada, Luke as a Stormtrooper, Anakin, Warok, General Lando, and the Imperial Dignitary.

I haven't gotten anything new vintage in years and would be surprised if I ever chip away at the 11 figures I still need.

jediguy
01-15-2008, 04:41 PM
I have all of the vintage figures, including a trilogo Yakface
unfortunately it has a huge price tag on the front of the card, right above the bubble
I had it autographed at Celebration III by the actor inside the suit, and he joked that he had the money that the price sticker advertised (one pound point 59)
he was kind enough to pose for a picture with me holding the autographs (an 8by10 and the carded figure)
when I stepped away, he called me back because he wanted a picture for himself

part of my original collection I had the double telescoping Obi Wan, and was disappointed when my Vader and Luke were just the regular type
I never found a vinyl cape jawa, but I did get several cloth ones

I got the Sears Cantina, but mine came with the little red Snaggletooth
I cut the picture of him off the box and mailed it to Kenner with a letter stating that the only reason I bought the set was for the tall blue figure
about 2 months later I got a form letter, basically telling me tough luck, and that I should try another store

I now have the Sandpeople on a 12 back card from Italy
they have some interesting names for the first 12
Sabbipode is the translation for the tusken raider
D3BO is our favorite protocol droid
C1P8 is his astromech buddy
Jan Solo
Principessa Leila Organa
Capo Jawa
Lord Darth Fenner
Commandante Squadra Della Morte is the Death Squad Commander
Guerriero Imperials is the stormtrooper
Luke, Obi Wan and Chewbacca are all spelled correctly in English

I also had the entire Droids and Ewoks line, minus the Vilx of course
the ewok battle wagon was one of my last purchases a long long time ago
I had all of the mini rigs and playsets, except for the ewok village and the imperial sniper
I have since acquired both, with the ewok village as a gift for me this Christmas

sadly, I no longer own any of my original collection
what I have now are all second hand

but I have rebuilt it, and now it is bigger and better than ever!
to quote a certain princess, "We have powerful friends"

as for vintage vehicles, I am only missing most of the rebel fighters now
if anyone would like to trade away a spare A wing, B wing, or Y wing, please contact me

evenflow
01-16-2008, 08:32 PM

I'll work on that.

stillakid
01-16-2008, 08:36 PM
unfortunately it has a huge price tag on the front of the card, right above the bubble
I had it autographed at Celebration III by the actor inside the suit, and he joked that he had the money that the price sticker advertised (one pound point 59)
he was kind enough to pose for a picture with me holding the autographs (an 8by10 and the carded figure)
when I stepped away, he called me back because he wanted a picture for himself

part of my original collection I had the double telescoping Obi Wan, and was disappointed when my Vader and Luke were just the regular type
I never found a vinyl cape jawa, but I did get several cloth ones

I got the Sears Cantina, but mine came with the little red Snaggletooth
I cut the picture of him off the box and mailed it to Kenner with a letter stating that the only reason I bought the set was for the tall blue figure
about 2 months later I got a form letter, basically telling me tough luck, and that I should try another store

I now have the Sandpeople on a 12 back card from Italy
they have some interesting names for the first 12
Sabbipode is the translation for the tusken raider
D3BO is our favorite protocol droid
C1P8 is his astromech buddy
Jan Solo
Principessa Leila Organa
Capo Jawa
Lord Darth Fenner
Commandante Squadra Della Morte is the Death Squad Commander
Guerriero Imperials is the stormtrooper
Luke, Obi Wan and Chewbacca are all spelled correctly in English

I also had the entire Droids and Ewoks line, minus the Vilx of course
the ewok battle wagon was one of my last purchases a long long time ago
I had all of the mini rigs and playsets, except for the ewok village and the imperial sniper
I have since acquired both, with the ewok village as a gift for me this Christmas

sadly, I no longer own any of my original collection
what I have now are all second hand

but I have rebuilt it, and now it is bigger and better than ever!
to quote a certain princess, "We have powerful friends"

as for vintage vehicles, I am only missing most of the rebel fighters now
if anyone would like to trade away a spare A wing, B wing, or Y wing, please contact me

That was very bold of you to say.

evenflow
01-16-2008, 08:38 PM
I hope this works.

stillakid
01-16-2008, 09:01 PM
I hope this works.

Nope. All I can see are old carded Star Wars figures. :sad:

bigbarada
01-16-2008, 09:31 PM
I hope this works.

Wow. I hate you. ;) You've probably already explained this but I'm just too lazy to scroll up and check, but did you buy those on the aftermarket or did you get them when they were originally available?

With all the thousands I have spent on the new Star Wars stuff, I could have easily had a complete carded vintage collection by now.:(

Regardless, that's very impressive!:thumbsup:

sjd9299
01-17-2008, 03:56 PM
I hope this works.

Very nice. You should get them into Star Cases.

evenflow
01-17-2008, 06:17 PM
Thanks, and glad they work. I bought all of those after the fact but years ago, compared to todays prices i didnt pay anything. I think everything in those pictures together cost me no more than 500.00 and that was spread out over time.

Bel-Cam Jos
01-17-2008, 08:15 PM
That was very bold of you to say.Well, I get it. ;)

unfortunately it has a huge price tag on the front of the card, right above the bubbleI love seeing my Toys R Us and Best Products stickers on my cards; forget the "loss" of value. Especially the $2.99 prices. :greedy:

jedi-cpa
01-17-2008, 09:13 PM
By the original definition here, I do have all of those plus ewoks and droids (not vlix), but no Blue snaggle.

My R2 with sensor scope is probably sans sensorscope, my original R2 is missing his body sticker. My original Threepio is missing a hand (He saved luke in one of my Luke versus vader scenarios)

My EV-9D9 is also missing a leg...so I don't know if my collection qualifies as complete.

Slicker
01-18-2008, 02:35 AM
Thanks, and glad they work. I bought all of those after the fact but years ago, compared to todays prices i didnt pay anything. I think everything in those pictures together cost me no more than 500.00 and that was spread out over time.Wow that Fett is worth double that ALONE! Very nice.

bigbarada
01-22-2008, 03:43 PM
When I first created this thread it was about a year before my bankruptcy that forced me to sell off my entire vintage collection in 2002. Since then I have been picking up a few figures here and a few figures there over the years, and finally decided to do a count today. I have 47 of the 96 vintage loose figures! It'll be 48 when the Romba I won off of ebay arrives in the mail.

Kind of a surprise, I had no clue that I was almost halfway to owning a complete vintage figure collection again.:love:

DarthQuack
02-01-2010, 10:22 PM
BB, how's your collection coming???

bigbarada
02-01-2010, 11:42 PM
BB, how's your collection coming???

Well, it's taken a few steps backwards in the last couple of years. :( When the economy went south, I lost a really big client that I did a lot of design work for as well as one of my part time jobs. So, for a few months I was forced to sell off segments of my collection to help pay the bills.

I haven't done an official count recently, but I'm pretty sure that I'm down to less than 20 figures again. But I still managed to keep many of my most prized vintage toys. "Prized" in the sense that they mean a lot to me and were significant toys from my childhood, not "prized" based on secondary market value.

Anyways, things have stabilized for me again, so I'm back to buying the occasional figure here and there. In fact, I just won this figure on Ebay this afternoon:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120522810202&ssPageName=STRK:MEWNX:IT#ht_1197wt_1167
:love:

I seriously doubt that I will ever reach the point where I get the urge to own all 96 figures again. But I would rather have a few meaningful items than boxes of stuff that I don't care about.

Ji'dai
02-02-2010, 09:22 AM
I have a large vintage collection, but I never did get all the figures.

Here are ones I own(ed) and can't seem to find:

Bespin Security Guard (white) - I had 2-3 of these guys and can't find one now
Zuckuss

It's possible they may still be sitting in some vintage vehicle after all these years.

---

And those POTF figures I remember seeing at retail and couldn't afford to buy at the time:

Barada
EV-9D9
Imperial Dignitary
Imperial Gunner
Romba
Warok

I don't have the A-Wing pilot from the DROIDS line and I couldn't afford to collect the EWOKS at all.