PDA

View Full Version : Djas Puhr Question

My young Padawan
07-11-2002, 07:27 PM
I just picked up Djas Puhr and Chancellor Palpatine at Walmart this morning. Quick question. Was Djas Puhr in the actual film, or is he EU. I've watched the cantina scene since my purchase, and I can't seem to find him. He may be a Hasbro creation. After all, Greedo did tell Han that every bounty hunter in the galaxy was looking for him. I was always under the impression that Greedo was the only bounty hunter in the cantina that day.

Beast
07-11-2002, 07:35 PM
He was in the Cantina, but unless you are watching a widescreen copy of ANH you likely missed him. He's sitting at a table with Mutfak. :)

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=85989

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=65168

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=6344

http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=8269

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

odi-wan windu
07-11-2002, 07:35 PM
Puhr was there. just check this link. http://us.imdb.com/Credits?0076759

My young Padawan
07-11-2002, 10:31 PM
Thanks for the information. I had a feeling it was a widescreen exclusive. Unfortunately I only own the Pan and Scan/Fullscreen versions of the films. Can't see the Sandpeople that Luke spots from the ridge in ANH. Can't see Yoda on the left side of the screen as the ship is being lifted out of the Dagobah swamp in ESB. And can't see Djas Puhr in the cantina. :(

Beast
07-11-2002, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by My young Padawan
Thanks for the information. I had a feeling it was a widescreen exclusive. Unfortunately I only own the standard versions of the films. Can't see the Sandpeople that Luke spots from the ridge in ANH. Can't see Yoda on the left side of the screen as the ship is being lifted out of the Dagobah swamp in ESB. And can't see Djas Puhr in the cantina. :(
Sorry, this isn't an attack at you, merely trying to enlighten. Don't use the term standard when refering to Pan and Scan/Fullscreen. That needs to end, the standard format for these movies is the widescreen format. Pan and Scan/Fullscreen is a total basterdization of the director's vision, not to mention the cinematographer's work. Again, that's not an attack at you, this is just a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood DVD nut. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

My young Padawan
07-11-2002, 10:47 PM
You will be happy to know that I have edited my previous post. You make a good point.

rynobot
07-11-2002, 10:58 PM
Ebay here I come, the Widescreen version will be mine.

figrin bran
07-11-2002, 11:24 PM
i have a separate question about djas puhr. is it safe to take off the rubber bands around the wrists and pistols so that i can put them in the holsters? or will he not be able to hold them without the rubber bands?

BanthaPoodoo
07-11-2002, 11:29 PM
You can take em off. They are just there so that they dont go rattling around during shipping.

figrin bran
07-12-2002, 02:56 AM
thanks, banthapoodoo. it's because the pistols are so flimsy that i was wondering whether it would be a good idea or not.

SNAYSON
07-12-2002, 11:39 AM
widescreen bayb!!!!! the only way to watch the movies!!!!!

Jayspawn
07-12-2002, 11:49 AM
Djas hold his guns pretty good without the rubberbands.

Like JarJar Binks, I'm also a DVD and Widescreen nut! pan and scan is an insult to good movies as well. Many a time have I seen Djas having a beer with Muftak.

Lt Kettch
07-12-2002, 12:11 PM
i HATE djas guns, maybe mine is particularly poor quality, but they WON'T stay in the hands, and they won't hold up a blast effect

pthfnder89
07-12-2002, 03:47 PM
Originally posted by JarJarBinks

Sorry, this isn't an attack at you, merely trying to enlighten. Don't use the term standard when refering to Pan and Scan/Fullscreen. That needs to end, the standard format for these movies is the widescreen format. Pan and Scan/Fullscreen is a total basterdization of the director's vision, not to mention the cinematographer's work. Again, that's not an attack at you, this is just a public service announcement from your friendly neighborhood DVD nut. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Ahh... but "Standard" is the correct word in this case JarJar, from a certain point of view. Fullscreen is indeed the standard when refering to VHS. It is, and unfortunately always has been, the most typical view of any movie on videocassette including the OT.

Now on the other hand, I do deplore the use of that word in reference to DVD. The number of widescreen DVDs out weighs the numbers of fullscreens by a huge margin and therefore is the defacto Standard. :)

rynobot
07-12-2002, 08:23 PM
not if you have a widescreen TV, then there is only widescreen, no more, no less.

Jargo
07-12-2002, 09:34 PM
Depends on whether you have true widescreen TV. Some early widescreen TV's simply chopped off the top and botom of the picture to give the impression of a 'letterboxed' movie. This meant that you couldn't see the subtitles if they appeared. Or only partial subtitles - tops of letters that made no sense. Over here TV companies regularly switch between 'regular' fullscreen and the more popular widescreen when showing movie premieres. It's common to have the screen go from one to the other when the ads come on and vice versa when the ads finish.

Eternal Padawan
07-13-2002, 10:51 AM
Your Djas came with guns? Mine only came with gummi worms. Black licorice that apparently he chews on to hunt his bounties. Are their variations out there? I need to go back to the store and get the version that comes with actual blasters...

Herby
07-13-2002, 10:53 PM
You know what I would like to see? More movies with both Pan and Scan and Widescreen in one package. It is the best thing to do. Now before you start complaining, let me explain why this is the best.

I have a good sized television with my DVD player hooked up to it. On this tv, widescreen is wonderful. On the other hand, I have a smaller tv with my ps2 hooked up to it (which is in the computer room). On occasion, I like to watch movies on the ps2 while I work/play on the computer. With widescreen only dvd's, this doesn't work all that well, as the screen is a bit too small (not terribly). I love it when a disc gives me the option.

So don't go completely dismissing pan and scan, it's simply a solution to a problem (that most of us don't have wide screen tv's).

Also, I would refer to pan and scan as standard as well. Proof? Most videos/dvds have two versions, standard and widescreen...not the other way around.

rynobot
07-13-2002, 11:35 PM
Well I won the SE widescreen SW triligy on Ebay for $41.00 plus shipping, I can't wait to finally watch the movies.