PDA

View Full Version : America's Army

derek
07-11-2002, 08:48 PM
anyone played this yet?

for those who don't know, it's a FPS sim made by the U.S. Army and is now available for free downloads at sites like gamespy. i think it uses the "unreal" engine.

it's pretty cool, and the graphics are great. it is obviously a recruiting tool, but i question if the government should be getting in the video game business.

DeadEye
07-11-2002, 09:39 PM
Actually, I've got another connection to more famous people.

The man who created this game is LTC Juntiff, the son of Ed and Liz Juntiff, who are two of my parents' best friends!!!

I want to play this very badly, but it won't download! I get to like 3 percent and then my computer restarts...weird!

Boba Rhett
07-12-2002, 03:14 AM
I'm getting it on a cd. It should be here soon. :)

pthfnder89
07-12-2002, 04:49 PM
Well the Army is obviously hurting for recruits and has been for a long time now, even with the upswing after 9/11.

Using games as a recruitment tool seems like a natural thing to do and what really amazes me is that no one has done it before. I really don't think they're expecting to be find the best recruits this way, since playing a video game well has absolutely NO indication on how good of a soldier you would be.

It's just form of propaganda in order to fill out the Army with some warm bodies. They'll basically take anyone at this point. I'm definitely planning on downloading it to check it out.

DeadEye
07-12-2002, 08:36 PM
You could always send me a copy since it won't download...;)