PDA

View Full Version : What's the best Yoda sculpt?

Old Fossil
07-12-2002, 09:38 PM
I've had several opportunities to get the Saga Yoda, but passed on all of 'em. Something about this sculpt I just didn't care for. The only Yodas I have are a couple of old POTF Yodas from '95-'96; I never got the Flashback one, either, though the rooted hair's growing on me, so to speak. I've seen pics of the vintage one with the cloth cloak, and it looks cool. What I'm planning is a diorama with the Republic Gunship, with Yoda in the ship as the focal point.

Which Yoda would YOU use? (Lightsaber and orange snake pack-ins notwithstanding.)

Beast
07-12-2002, 09:42 PM
The Yoda from the Deluxe set that is coming soon, will likely look the best if your doing a E2 Diorama of Yoda in the Gunship. The Saga one is good, but only for action dioramas. The Flashback one is really great also, but fits better in scenes for the OT. Probably not what you wanted to hear, but the Gunship isn't out yet anyway. :)

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

hango fett
07-12-2002, 10:11 PM
i think the new deluxe will be the best too.
hango

rynobot
07-12-2002, 10:23 PM
looking back at the other deluxe figures it will be difficult for the Deluxe Yoda to be good.

evenflow
07-12-2002, 10:36 PM
In all seriousness, the vintage Yoda is the best sculpt.

Beast
07-12-2002, 10:50 PM
Originally posted by evenflow
In all seriousness, the vintage Yoda is the best sculpt.
It was good for it's time, but if you want to put it with any of the modern figures it's going to look really out of place. Really, in my honest opinion, the only thing that is really better about the vintage one is the soft goods cloak and having 2 legs. His face is goofy, and he's way to happy looking. :) Sadly in the following comparison from DeathStarPlans.com, they used the dark faced Saga Yoda in the comparison. :(

MTFBWY and HH!!

Jar Jar Binks

Battle Droid
07-12-2002, 11:22 PM
Do you guys think the Deluxe Yoda will be just as rare as the Basic one?

I hope not, even though I did get the basic one.

yukface27
07-13-2002, 12:41 AM
I would have to say the EPI Yoda, at least for it's sculpt. I think it's dead on to the puppet from the movie. The new Yoda is a little goofy, but I like him (the base is kick-arse). I never really liked the POTF Yoda's, but I did like the vintage ones. Could someone post a good pic of the new DX Yoda so I can have an opinion on him?

-JediMaster-Yoda-
07-13-2002, 11:56 AM
the new dx yoda is goanna be so sweet!

QLD
07-13-2002, 12:31 PM
I never liked the E1 Yoda at all.

My favorite is the POTF Flashback though. I love the hair baby!

bigbarada
07-13-2002, 03:42 PM
The saga Yoda looks goofy in his package because his arm is positioned in such a wierd way. I plan to use him for my Gunship since his action pose will match the clonetroopers perfectly. I know he didn't use a lightsaber in that scene but what a little creative liscense between fans?:)

The True Maul
07-13-2002, 05:38 PM
I also think the deluxe Yoda will be the best :)

KingOfSting
07-13-2002, 06:24 PM
so far, the best yoda is definitely saga yoda...hes got a lot of play value, adn looks great in a display with dooku and HD Anakin. however, i think the deluxe yoda will take the cake as the best neutral posed yoda

Old Fossil
07-13-2002, 08:37 PM
Thanks everyone. I got the Saga Yoda today, and I have to agree that it rocks, out of package. Should look quite cool in the Gunship. And you're right, Binks, the vintage one looks a tad goofy.

The EpI Yoda's facial expression reminds me of Ernest Borgnine...

aceguide
07-16-2002, 09:34 AM
I love the vintage Yoda. He's just so happy! The soft goods, the belt... A favorite then and now.

However, the Saga Yoda is one of my favorite from the entire line. He's just so ready to kick some @$$.

I also must add - Great pic JJB!

Deckard Smith
07-16-2002, 09:39 AM
I also enjoy the vintage yoda. As Jar Jar Binks pointed out, his face is plain, but after having a yoda with two legs for so many years, these newer figures leave a sour taste in my mouth. And the cloth accessories were a plus.

DarthJdog
07-16-2002, 03:27 PM
yoda is yoda... he is the master... they are all the best sculpts!