PDA

View Full Version : Who likes Trainspotting?!!

scruffziller
07-12-2002, 09:10 PM
My favorite part is when Spud wakes up in his girlfriend's bed, suddenly doesn't know where he is at makes that goofy face and sound HEEEEEUUUUUUUUUHHHHHHHH!!!:D The movie just wants to make you take a bath after seeing it though, but it is a piece of cinema mastery.

Eternal Padawan
07-13-2002, 07:43 AM
"Do you see the beast? Do you have it in your sights?"

"Yes Ms. Moneypenny..."

Who doesn't love Trainspotting? :D The real question is why some bloke hasn't put out a SE on DVD yet? Patiently waiting...

scruffziller
07-13-2002, 08:11 AM
I have the Green Edition on tape which has deleted scenes but can't play it because it is in PAL format.

Pendo
07-13-2002, 04:36 PM
Trainspotting is one of my favourite films, even though you have to see Ewan McGregor naked :eek:. Well it's only a small problem with the movie ;). I think the movie is brilliant and hope an SE DVD comes our way soon.

PENDO!

JON9000
07-14-2002, 08:28 PM
I like Sick Boys rants about Sean Connery!

Master Goeweins
07-14-2002, 11:10 PM
I want it so badly to come to a SE DVD. Maybe with Ewan's recent fame from his string of successes, someone will try to capitalize on it.

Darth Shifty
07-16-2002, 11:01 AM
Great movie! Highly disturbing, but great.

Jacen Solo
07-18-2002, 02:14 AM
Very good movie. Anyone seen Run Lola Run?

lunchymeatball
07-18-2002, 08:18 AM
If you all liked the movie, I suggest you all read the book which is alot better.
It explains why it is called trainspotting.
You will also realise that the filmakers missed some of the sicker bits in the story.

sunblind
07-19-2002, 12:06 PM
That was some messed up movie. But a good one.

SPOILER CONTENT BELOW IF YOU HAVEN"T SEEN IT:

The part where they're all high or what ever drug they were on and then bam! The baby! someone remember there was a baby in the house. It was left for a whole week in it's crib because everyone was soo doped up they all forgot and the baby died.
Man that was messed up. To a certain point of view.

scruffziller
07-19-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by lunchymeatball
If you all liked the movie, I suggest you all read the book which is alot better.
It explains why it is called trainspotting.
You will also realise that the filmakers missed some of the sicker bits in the story.
Does it have anything to do with finding the "tracks" on their arms?:rolleyes:

vulcantouch
07-19-2002, 12:34 PM
oh i forgot: Jeddah doesn't :sur:
in a similar vein is the excellent Lock Stock & 2 Smokin Barrels, except it doesn't have a "scotland's skankiest toilet" scene :p another cool flick from the Trainspottin team is A Life Less Ordinary, mention in my vewwy first Humpost (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2216&pagenumber=1) :cool:

js: "Anyone seen Run Lola Run?"
-uh, YEAH (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=42569#post42569), like where've You been? ;) it's kinduva german version of Go (http://us.imdb.com/Title?0139239), in more ways than one (music, drug millieu, fast pace, multi-p.o.v., femme-protag-centered) :cool:
vt

Jonna
07-19-2002, 12:35 PM
Originally posted by Jacen Solo
Very good movie. Anyone seen Run Lola Run?

Another brilliantly strange film! BUT, has anyone seem the most bizarre film EVER, Gummo!

vulcantouch
07-19-2002, 12:40 PM
. . . we've also discussed it (http://www.sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=2216&perpage=40&pagenumber=1) :) so Run Jonna Run- over to the Hump :cool:

Eternal Padawan
07-20-2002, 08:38 AM
I had to discuss Gummo in a film class one semester and came to the conclusion that it is the SINGLE WORST MOVIE EVER.

scruffziller
07-22-2002, 02:10 AM
Don't forget Twin Town. ANother raucous movie by the same team I believe.

vulcantouch
07-24-2002, 11:50 PM
cuz he just sed the exact same thing rt sed in humpost #2 (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=23772#post23772) :sur:

scruffy-z: "Don't forget Twin Town"
-oh, but i Didn't (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=49419#post49419) :D
vt

scruffziller
11-24-2003, 09:19 AM
The real question is why some bloke hasn't put out a SE on DVD yet? Patiently waiting...
I have had the SE DVD for about a year now. Don't know if you know about it.
Got it off of BestBuy.com it was about $50 because it is an import from Canada.

But I mainly came on to say how cool was that Trainspotting homage on the new ep of The Simpsons when they went to England where Bart and Lisa had the real sweet candy.:D

mrmiller
11-24-2003, 09:16 PM
This is one of my favorite movies of all time. Great show, and was the main reason I totally freaked out when I heard Ewan was going to be Obi Wan.

Get the Green Edition. It's a Canadian import, but it has a little more on it than the US DVD. You can get it from most Canadian online stores, or EBAY and shipping from Canada to the US is not much more. It's worth it, but we really need a true Special Edition.

Danny Boyle Rules! I like all his movies. Shallow Grave is another excellent film. I even like the Beach, and 28 Days Later is already a classic.

=MATT=

scruffziller
11-25-2003, 06:40 AM
scruffy-z: "Don't forget Twin Town"
-oh, but i Didn't (http://sirstevesguide.com/forums/showthread.php?postid=49419#post49419) :D(in the Flicks We Partook over the Hump thread)
vt
Yea but I saw it before Episode 1.;)

Tycho
10-10-2006, 01:19 AM
As I continue on the downward spiral into the drug culture movies, who could forget Trainspotting?

Ewan plays "Mark," a character always trying to escape heroin addiction, while running with a band of junkies in Scotland who will cheat, steal, assault and rob, basically do anything for the cash for their next hit. And Mark does do anything including an underage teen girl (she's pretty hot) and he betrays and rips off his best friends. But his pals have already turned on him, or were never really his pals anyway.

There's some really amusing drug trips in the movie such as when Mark goes swimming in the nastiest toilet in all of Scotland, and when his parents try and force him to quit cold turkey and he sees a dead baby crawling across his ceiling.

There's some sad commentary about the HIV epidemic sweeping through the junkies' numbers - and Mark's friend gets it as he turns to drugs as he's all depressed over the loss of his girlfriend. To top it off, she left him over a panic about a missing sex video the couple had filmed, but Mark had swiped, switching tapes for a soccer video. AIDS eventually kills him.

Meanwhile, Mark becomes successful being a housing agent, but he cannot escape his loser friends and eventually has to make a choice - he or them.

The movie's halfway comedic, and halfway a drama. But it's definitely worth seeing.

The language is strong and the Scottish accents thick - so you'll have to listen up if you want to understand anything they're saying until you get used to it. Chances are though - you're used to Ewan's voice by now ;)

bobafrett
10-10-2006, 01:59 AM
My last girlfriend was a huge Ewan fan. She dragged me to the theatre to see this as she knew I might enjoy seeing Obi Wan McGregor playing a different role. You are correct, The Scottish is a bit thick, and I had trouble understanding much of the movie.

scruffziller
10-10-2006, 08:52 AM
This is one of the few movies that I can start to watch thinking I just want to watch the beggining, for a quick fix and then end up watching half of the movie without realizing it. One of my favs of all time.

Tycho
10-10-2006, 03:20 PM
I missed this thread when I started my own. Funny, the Search engine didn't turn it up that I recalled...

Anyway, I mentioned before that "the nastiest toilet in all of Scotland" surely made an impression. Dang this movie was wild in some parts.

There was one scene where you got to see bush - and I'm not talking about the president ;)

I'm fascinated by ephebiphilia I guess. (My new word for the week - or longer)